AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-04-27, 01:13   Link #41
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I found Aishiteruze Baby by pure luck. Same with Kanon.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 03:28   Link #42
Bellecat
THIS TEXT IS DELICIOUS

I've found a lot of anime randomly... xD
I found Death Note while looking at Portal stuff (... because of cake, lol)
It kinda started airing in America the week after I watched it, tho. Which was fun~

I got into Haruhi because someone on Gaia had the Rockman version of the Hare Hare as their media and... It got stuck in my head. (The drama CD was right.)

I found Higurashi Kai through a search for the Lucky Star OP... it was a MAD, and it made me watch the whole anime. Haven't got around to the first season yet, and I kinda don't want to. xD
Bellecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 07:35   Link #43
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Kananzuki no Miko cause i downloaded the wrong RAW XD
i wouldnt necesailly say Haruhi, but the only reason i checked it out was because of the hype on the forums.. with everyone's joint he SOS or else siggy's
Azumanga because of the opening i saw at a karaoke party
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:00   Link #44
OMchan
オムちゃん

Coincidentally, this happened to me just 2 days ago when I was really bored and came across random youtube videos of Eureka Seven. I ended up torrenting the whole thing and watched it in its entirety in 2 days (finished last night). Even though I felt some parts were "weird" it really did have great moment coupled with superb art and animation that landed it as one of my favourites.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:26   Link #45
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Higurashi, I was looking for another anime starting with H, cant remember what. I clicked higurashi on crunchy and watched the first 5 eps, loved it

its now my favorite anime

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 10:29   Link #46
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

Damn! it happen again.

I just found another anime today via-by-accident searching wikipedia and on youtube, Zero no Tsukaima. I just love it, it cracks me up ! Can't stop watching it !

*Hopes it won't become 1st fav !!! * *Hopes it won't become 1st fav !!! * *Hopes it won't become 1st fav !!! *
Aijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 11:19   Link #47
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijou View Post
Damn! it happen again.

I just found another anime today via-by-accident searching wikipedia and on youtube, Zero no Tsukaima. I just love it, it cracks me up ! Can't stop watching it !

*Hopes it won't become 1st fav !!! * *Hopes it won't become 1st fav !!! * *Hopes it won't become 1st fav !!! *
Heh, that's weird. Judging from your Avatar, you like Shakugan no Shana very much, which was created by the same company that created Zero no Tsukaima, and the female leads for both series are voiced by the same VA too.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 11:42   Link #48
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

Yes, I found out about that eventually . I was like ... " No kidding ! Same company !!! Deja-VU feeling !!!! ". Cause of the same voices, character design and thier personality are very much like in Shakugan no Shana, they even look almost the same. To bad Louise doesn't say urusai three times in a row.

I didn't like at first, as I don't like fantasy/supernatural anime if it doesn't have at least one average character in it, from the real world that is. It seemed I was wrong.

Maybe I should see if this company ( which I don't know its name yet ) has other animes except the two already said.

Anime gamble is fun. It's the third time happening to me. First was Haruhi Suzumiya ( second fav ), then Shakugan no Shana ( first fav ), now Zero no Tsukaima.

I got bored of the too much action animes such as Bleach, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, Devil May Cry and others. I still like them, but 'eating' the same 'food' makes you want to try something else.
Old 2008-04-30, 11:52   Link #49
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I think the currently airing Nabari no Ou is also made by J.C. Staff, so you might want to check that out. It's quite different from SnS and ZnT and I don't feel any romance yet, but you might like it, who knows?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 11:55   Link #50
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

Aye... thank you for that. I will try it.
Old 2008-04-30, 11:56   Link #51
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
Coincidentally, this happened to me just 2 days ago when I was really bored and came across random youtube videos of Eureka Seven. I ended up torrenting the whole thing and watched it in its entirety in 2 days (finished last night). Even though I felt some parts were "weird" it really did have great moment coupled with superb art and animation that landed it as one of my favourites.
Wow, I don't know what version of it you watched. Where is this good version of E7?

Anyway, I did this with both manga and anime. I randomly picked up Azumanga Daioh at a used bookstore and ended up buying the boxed set about a day later.

An AMV led me to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and another one ended up making me watch Maho Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.

And... that's all I can remember for now.
Old 2008-04-30, 12:13   Link #52
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I found Azumanga Daioh, Haruhi, Excel Saga, and Lucky Star by accident.

Azumanga from seeing strange clips of it here and there on Youtube and icons in odd message boards. I think I was looking for a song to listen to.

Haruhi by a Youtube Star Blazers/Yamato search. Someone had the Episode 11 space battle timed with the Yamato theme song.
I had to look up Yamato parodies at that point and found Excel Saga as well as deciding to watch Haruhi (in Haruhi's order).
Lucky Star came from a Haruhi AMV search. It seems I picked up Lucky Star the week after episode 16 came out and that's the first one I saw.

(Azumanga is the only actual manga set I own)

Sometimes it does depends on when in a series you pick it up from. If I'd started Lucky Star from the beginning I probably would have been bored like several other people who dropped it my Episode 4. But knowing what was possible in Episode 16 already, the rest of the episodes did fine by me.

Higurashi is Jason's fault. (which is technically Lucky Star's fault since I didn't go blog hunting until Lucky Star) I read the entire first season blogs on it and found it very funny (and scary), but resisted watching it until I found out the second season was almost done (and had continued past Episode 13). I don't remember but I think I started with Kai and then watched the first season (because I'd read all the blogs already, spoiling it had already happened) then read the TIPS.
Old 2008-04-30, 12:23   Link #53
justsomeguy

FMP, Fumoffu, and TSR. Thank you Konata for singing Sore ga Ai Deshou.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 17:33   Link #54
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Depends on what type of anime are you talking about. If you are talking about regular anime then my answer is no, however if you are talking about the other type of anime, you know the one I am talking about , then yes .
Old 2008-04-30, 17:56   Link #55
yadango

Quote:
Damn! it happen again.

Znt good fun series.. buy the models too if u get a chance, the louise bustier figure is sweet.
yadango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 21:31   Link #56
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Kananzuki no Miko cause i downloaded the wrong RAW XD
i wouldnt necesailly say Haruhi, but the only reason i checked it out was because of the hype on the forums.. with everyone's joint he SOS or else siggy's
Azumanga because of the opening i saw at a karaoke party
Yeah, I checked out Haruhi because I had heard that it was the most hyped series from KyoAni (who didn't disappoint me with Air and Kanon).
I watched Code Geass almost purely for its hype though. I had no idea what it was about except that it had a guy with some special powers who was voiced by Jun Fukuyama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I clicked higurashi on crunchy and watched the first 5 eps, loved it
I'm sorry.
Quote:
Yes, I found out about that eventually . I was like ... " No kidding ! Same company !!! Deja-VU feeling !!!! ". Cause of the same voices, character design and thier personality are very much like in Shakugan no Shana, they even look almost the same. To bad Louise doesn't say urusai three times in a row.
Nagi does.
Rie Kugimiya voices another loli-tsunderekko in Hayate no Gotoku, which is another accidental anime I began watching because of Nagi.
Quote:
I got bored of the too much action animes such as Bleach, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, Devil May Cry and others. I still like them, but 'eating' the same 'food' makes you want to try something else.
mmm... I put Bleach on hold about five months ago,
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
FMP, Fumoffu, and TSR. Thank you Konata for singing Sore ga Ai Deshou.
Haha, me too. It was what pushed me to finally start watching Full Metal Panic! after planning to do so for months.

I'm also going to add Last Exile, which is quite catchy, pretty, and interesting.
My brother watched it a couple of years back because my dad had the DVD's, and I just happened upon them a couple of weeks ago, and it was unexpectedly good (it was Gonzo, so I wasn't expecting much.)
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 01:01   Link #57
Kyomi
What do I know?

Everything I watch is mostly purely random pick.
Go to Torrent site > Recently added > Click a few > Download > Watch > then read the reviews on AniDB/ANN or whatever.

I had good luck last week but now I'm stuck with two "so-so" anime. I intend to persist and watch them till the end though.
Old 2008-05-01, 10:21   Link #58
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

Quote:
It is inevitable... Zero no Tsukaima it's too fun. I finished in one day the first season ( it's like I have no life lol !!!! ).

ZnT is now my first fav.

Now thats what I call... accidental anime.

PS: Now I need to change my avatar.
Old 2008-05-01, 11:04   Link #59
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Dennou Coil and Baccano! were total accidents for me.
Old 2008-05-01, 16:06   Link #60
sovietmisaki
Metal Gear SSSPAAARRRTAAA

back in the day when Kazaa used to be one of the biggest P2P networks around, and before I discovered the likes of Bittorrent, I wasn't really thinking if FMP!, Azumanga daioh, or AMG very highly at the time though apparently I enjoyed all 3. I also stumbled upon Mahoraba when I was looking for some new anime to watch while looking through some anime blogs (months before Fred Gs' rant on it, a couple months after it began airing) and I'm still wondering why in the world it hasn't been licensed in the states yet...mahoraba is basically the series which pretty much nailed J.C staff as one of my favorite animation companies in existence.
now I've known about sunrise for years and I pretty much skipped out on most of the Gundam SEED wave, though Code Geass is a random favorite that came out of almost nowhere, and caused me to take a huge dose on salt on what /a/ thinks about different series. I normally marathon a series though I almost blew my mind out, marathoning the first season so I'm going back to my old ways and watching the episodes as they get subbed instead of waiting for months
sovietmisaki is offline   Reply With Quote