AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Takayuki?
He's a great guy that's suffered enough at Huraka's side. He needed to move on, that's all. 15 18.75%
He's been through hell and he's desperate from some kind of companionship. 9 11.25%
He's had his emotional weakness taken advantage of. He made understandable mistakes. 24 30.00%
He's a two-timing bum who can't keep a friggin date and didn't take his oath to Haruka seriously and will jump into bed with any girl. 32 40.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-18, 21:31   Link #41
Eikichi
Mad Dog Sawamura

I know most people here hate Takayuki with a passion, but I can actually relate to his situation. :/
Old 2003-11-19, 19:34   Link #42
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikichi
I know most people here hate Takayuki with a passion, but I can actually relate to his situation. :/

True, he's got personality problems, but we all do so we can't really hate him for it. Hedonistically, I suppose Takayuki's hesitation is the worse thing there is.... but on the other hand, his hesitation is partially out of the kindness he has, and the fact that he doesn't want to hurt others by making rash decisions.

I'm not going to say that I relate to him, as I doubt anyone can go through the things he has, and I hope nobody ever has to either.

I suppose that the main reason that people hate Takayuki is because he's SOOO damn indecisive right?

But the only problem is that he can't make a choice yet.

Reasons:
#1. He was separated from Haruka 3 years ago by a tragic accident, and didn't even get to say goodbye.

#2. He started his relationship with Mitsuki through what I can suppose is a breakdown (on Mitsuki's part). He and Mitsuki never had the chance to really work it out slowly.

#3. Although he started with Mitsuki, he wasn't able to forget Haruka, and her memory's been hidden deep in his subconscious for 3 years.

#4. He can't reject Haruka even if he wanted to, cuz Haruka can't handle the truth yet.

#5. No matter how much he cared for Haruka back then, it's not enough for him to drop Mitsuki, and I don't think he wants to either.

There are probably a few more, and they are probably just as problematic.

Now I ask this, how is it possible to make a judgement that is well-considered, when all the circumstances are so violatile? I doubt whether Takayuki can feel all the feelings in him yet, let alone deal with it...
Old 2003-11-19, 20:03   Link #43
Mentar
Banned

empty: Good analysis, and I agree with basically all you said. He's a victim too, he's not a malicious guy, and so I can sympathize with the mess he's in. Also - let's not forget - the story requires him to be indecisive like this :-P

What I find difficult to excuse is his irresponsible treatment of Mitsuki right now. It's perfectly fine if he's feeling troubled, it would be just as fine if he'd admitted both to himself AND to Mitsuki which he himself considers his partner. If he can't give her the unwavering support she's demanding, he should say so. But basically ignoring her state and not biting the bullet and admitting his doubts is shabby.

I can easily picture myself being in the shoes of Haruka, Akane and Mitsuki and doing and reacting more or less exactly the way they're reacting in the anime - or at least understand perfectly what's making them do this. However, with his self-denial and blatant inability to respond to what's necessary to say and do he's hurting people. That's MY reason to dislike him

(Some people seem to be more angry that he's not committing to the girl they favor - I'm more angry for his cowardly denial and neglect)
Old 2003-11-20, 00:48   Link #44
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Three words : Dull ordinary guy

I don't dislike Takayuki as a character. He seemed like a fun character at first. He had a sense of humor and he was nice and chose Haruka, who was a character I liked right away. But then, he betrayed Haruka and went with her best friend Mitsuki.

Personally, I think Takayuki isn't that interesting. It might sound stupid, but I never understand why these boring undecisive guys in anime get two or more girls. And I'm not talking about looks at all but personality. I don't even think I know any guy like Takayuki. He let himself be seduced by Mitsuki -one month- after Haruka went into a coma. Honestly, that really surprised me. x_o;;

Even though I prefer Haruka, I don't think I'd have prefered him to end up with her if Mitsuki had been in her place. I just really dislike what he did. Also, now he's still being undecisive and he's playing with the feelings of both girls. He's lying to Haruka and being a coward.
Old 2003-11-20, 01:31   Link #45
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
He let himself be seduced by Mitsuki -one month- after Haruka went into a coma. Honestly, that really surprised me. x_o;;
Correction. One year.
Old 2003-11-20, 02:04   Link #46
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Huh? In the episode I saw, they said one month ....

.. I think.
Old 2003-11-20, 02:41   Link #47
Key Board
Carbon

Trust me, it's one year.

You should follow Lunar or Onigiri's versions
Old 2003-11-20, 02:44   Link #48
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I can easily picture myself being in the shoes of Haruka, Akane and Mitsuki and doing and reacting more or less exactly the way they're reacting in the anime - or at least understand perfectly what's making them do this. However, with his self-denial and blatant inability to respond to what's necessary to say and do he's hurting people. That's MY reason to dislike him

(Some people seem to be more angry that he's not committing to the girl they favor - I'm more angry for his cowardly denial and neglect)
Because he's not being able to commit to a girl, he's running away from the decision he has to make by denial and neglect. If he had enough courage to face the decision he will give Mitsuki a clear answer right then and there.
Old 2003-11-20, 03:46   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

Lordwu: I can perfectly understand that in his current situation he feels unable to commit or make any other real decision. This is fine. The situation is very extreme.

However, he should be honest about his turmoil and confront his partner (Mitsuki right now) about it. While he is pretending that everything is "daijobu", it's not - not in the least. He's just trying to make both himself and Mitsuki believe this because he's not man enough to face the facts (hence "cowardish"), and Mitsuki isn't dumb at all and FEELS that he's wavering. But according to MY ideas of duties in partnerships, she is either entitled to reassurance and comfort from her mate OR the truth why giving this is impossible.

Don't get me wrong ... Takayuki's reaction is very human and "understandable", no doubt. But this is MY reason why I don't like what he's doing, and where I would have acted differently. Which seems a bit differently from the motivations of most others "hating" him on this board, so I thought I'd mention it.
Old 2003-11-21, 15:19   Link #50
IPv6
blastos.com

Quote:
If I loved a girl enough, I'd wait 3 years for her. I'd wait 10, 20 if we were really ment to be
mary and her 5 friends can only keep you comfortable for so long. What happen if your girl never wakes up? You will be alone and 10 or 20 years wasted. How do you even know that she was really meant to be? Just take a look at the high divorce rate. ... yeah .. they were all meant to be as well.
Old 2003-11-21, 22:30   Link #51
dot_rain
yay yay ^^

soudane , life is tough even you don't really want to . if me were Bakayuki ^^ , I probadly do the same things since me can't waste my time hopelessly . More over ....... eto ........ Mitsuki is so pretty and sexy , ne ?
Old 2003-11-25, 04:23   Link #52
Pendragon2879
The Incarnation of Chaos

Send a message via AIM to Pendragon2879
I think that the guy is in a tough situation. Any desicion he makes, radically effects 3 people. Mitsuki, Haruko, and Akayane. Now Haruko liked him first, and she admitted it first. He should stay with her. Mitsuki is a good person, but is too needy. Sorry, I mean that she is too dependent on him. Of course I can say this because I have never been in love, I don't believe in it that strongly. But she is asking too much from him right now. Look at his situation. The girl he loved was hit by a vehicle and entered a coma for 3 years, and he thought it was his fault. Not just that, but sometime down the line you have to think, am I gonna wait the rest of my life for this one person to wake up, or am I gonna pick up the pieces of my life and make another attempt to be happy. He was forced to answer this question when his woman's best friend came on to him. And she didn't leave him too much of a choice but to have sex with her. It was all good, until Haruko woke up. That was never expected. Pressure to do the right thing by the woman he first fell in love with causes stress with his relationship with the blue haired girl Mitsuki. ANd then add in the frustrated and mis informed little sister, and he is being pulled in too many directions.
Closed Thread