Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 16:08   Link #41
kyouray
2D > 3D

Thanks. Love triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Let me make another character intro.
Corio(Korio) is a "meat". [...] He can't fight, use magic ability or use his brain. He is completely useless but still he does something wonderful.
He is the main character of volume 1.
Hamyuts has to be wonderful for making love a brainless meat
But I understand why a bomb in his chest fits him perfectly.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:20   Link #42
kemal_1915

Another character intro here.
One is my most favourite and another is fan's most favourite

Mokania is my favourite character in tatakau shisho. So, I am not happy that he is not included in the PV. He is a 1st class armed librarian and most of his colleague agree that he is the only one who can match Haymuts in combat.
However, his personality is the biggest problem. After he has done something terrible in a mission few years ago, he starts to isolate himself with other people.
He lives into a small room in the underground maze of Bantorra's Library. He refuses to do any combat mission (but still
One day, Sindeki Kyoudan's hand reaches Mokania and makes him betray Armed Librarian. What have they done to him? When he fights with Hamyuts, what is the result? You can find out later!
His magical ability is to create and control unlimited number of carnivore ant. He can use ants to attack (eat flesh), defend (wall of ants), recon (land and air) and transport thing.
He is the main character of volume 3.

Volken is fan's most favourite character. He is the one with green hair and he is a bishounen. Judging by the long scene in the PV, I suspect the production team will make him an earlier appearance. His first appearance in the novel is in volume 5 and he is the main character.
Mirapocu and Volken were classmates in cadet school. Because he has a better combat ability, he promotes faster than Mirapocu. They personality are somehow the same - stern and serious. He doesn't like Hamyuts' "No mercy" doctrine and wants to kick her down from her position. His motto is "preserve the righteousness of Armed Librarian".
One day, he finds something that may able to kick Hamyuts down. However,...
As I say before, everyone in the world of Tatakau shisho can get one magical ability. There is an exception. Some people may be born with an ability, then he/she can have two abilities. Volken natural born ability is to make illusion. His illusion is so real that he can fool Hamyuts' sensory thread. Another ability is to control twelve ring daggers. He can make those daggers fly in the air as you can see in the PV.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 16:27   Link #43
Katapan
俺様祭り

Looking great there, Takarano Arika. The song you can hear in the background is the opening theme, Datengoku Sensen.

This is taken from a special episode that's recently aired on Animax (I'd love to post the whole thing, but the full version isn't up on Youtube, and other links couldn't be posted here). It was pretty much the usual presentation, showing quite a few scenes from the first episode, playing the AliPro opening, but also visiting the David Production studio with Hirohashi Ryou, then interviewing some of the seiyuu (Paku Romi and Ookawa Tooru making a fun pair, plus a bit of Sawashiro Miyuki, Tomatsu Haruka and Nakamura Yuuichi), & about every member of the staff. Including the writer, Okada Mari, who's just done working on CANAAN - you don't see female staff members interviewed every day.

Anyway, an interesting watch all around. The animation looked solid enough for me to look forward to the first episode. A few more PVs are floating around too - those who might want to see new animated scenes should check out Random Curiosity.
Old 2009-10-01, 15:53   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just to let people know, this show will be up on Crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...k-of-bantorra/

Been looking forward to this one for quite a while. Paku Romi and David Production i am so there.
Old 2009-10-02, 10:01   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 01:

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the licensed section?
Old 2009-10-02, 10:04   Link #46
StrawHatLuffy23

Didn't like the first episode. It was boring to watch IMO. I'll give it a chance and watch a few more episodes before deciding if it's good or not
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:44   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed ep1. Especially Paku-sama.
Spoiler for ep1:
The BGM was good, even though I had no use for either the OP or the ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 16:48   Link #48
FuzzyWuzzy

So what's the hype on this anime? It looks interesting enough.
Anyone know if the hype says it's going to be good, really good, awesome or epic fail?
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:18   Link #49
LKK

I hadn't paid too much attention to this when I was studying the new season preview reports. But since CR is offering this, I'll give it a try when it streams for free. It sounds mildly intriguing.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 18:01   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I just came across it today and read the summary was intrigued by it . I like the supernatural part in it and absolutely love the Spexy part DX So definitely giving the first episode a try and I just might enjoy it
Old 2009-10-02, 19:27   Link #51
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The whole first episode gave me GONZO vibes. Anybody else felt the same?

Oh, and within seconds I correctly guessed who made the OP song. Like anybody would who isn't deaf ...
Old 2009-10-02, 19:50   Link #52
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
The whole first episode gave me GONZO vibes. Anybody else felt the same?
The founders of David Production were previously Gonzo producers (therefore, they have all the connections and working relationships from before), so they contract some of the same talent.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 20:49   Link #53
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Ah, that explains a lot. Although Ristorante Paradiso didn't look like GONZO to me. In any case, I'm forewarned now ...
Old 2009-10-02, 21:37   Link #54
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just watched the first episode, and it was not bad it had some action that's always good and it also had some pretty hot chicks that's always a plus. I think the concept of when someone dies they leave a book about their lives behind is very interesting. Also it seems that there is a war going on between those who manage the books and a religious cult of some kind. Well I will keep watching more of this and see where the story goes from now on.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 22:31   Link #55
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I liked the first ep. too. Hopefully, it will be explained why the Church has to brainwash people.
Old 2009-10-02, 22:41   Link #56
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

First Impressions: It was pretty wild and how do you say...sophisticated. A variety of characters were introduced and the art is really good. I can understand somewhat on what's going on, but still a little confused (maybe I wasn't paying attention well). Although it kept me interested on what's going on in the world. Lets see how this goes.

Hamyuts-oneesan! And voiced by Romi Paku = Ultra win!
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 22:49   Link #57
kemal_1915

Just finished it, i think the animation and BGM is ok. When I take a look at some blogs, i can see why they are disappointed.
The production team changed the timeline. The assault of the White Smoke was a major event (it caused some event in the future) so they put it in the beginning.
Many people had earlier appearance and many information was sent to the viewer. I think it is not a good arrangement. Viewers which haven't got any prior knowledge will think that it is painful to receive some much information.
I agree the ep 1 didn't start well but I have faith in it because this is only the introductory episode. The excitement will grow when the story progresses.

As I said before, it is not a story for everyone, it is a dark and heavy drama with mystery and action. It provides an alternative for someone who wants to try something far from mainstream. It isn't moe or fun but i can assure you that it is a great story.

For those who watch the ep 1 and think it is boring and terrible, just drop this series.
For those who watch the ep 1 and still think it may have potential, please don't drop at ep 2,3, try at least 1 arc. You can decide whether you still want to drop or continue after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I liked the first ep. too. Hopefully, it will be explained why the Church has to brainwash people.
The reason is not anything special. They just capture people and use them as tool.

Add some information about Sindeki Church. Maybe give some you all insight what they have done.

Sindeki Chruch believes most of the people are not real human, which they called "Imitated Human" (This term maybe different as I don't know what the sub team translated this). Only a person who has pure desire (for sex, money...) is the "True Human".
However, all humans only are the tool to please god. As long as god is pleased, the book of those humans can be sent the "Paradise" where god lives.

There are four tiers in Sindeki Church.
The Paradise Keeper, which is a Imitated Human but he is the leader of the whole Church. There is three people at the meeting. The one who is invisible is the Paradise Keeper.
The True Human's job is pursuiting their desire wholeheartedly. They believe god will be pleased if they lived a wonderful life. The old man with white hair and the man with long hair is the True Human. More of them don't know how to fight.
The Imitated Human's job is to serve the True Human. They do all the dirty work and fighting. They are the people who wore robe.
The lowest tier is the meat as you can see in ep 1.

Hope this can make you understand the world of Tatakau Shisho!

Last edited by kemal_1915; 2009-10-03 at 05:35.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 23:00   Link #58
KiryuuKazumanosuke

This is one weird show. The 3d's pretty lousy, and the plot is incomprehensible, but I think it's worth a chance. Recommend at least viewing ep 1 if anybody's wavering based on the description. Some interesting ideas, and a willingness to kill off characters that's the mark of a serious story.

That said, the Christmas Cake needs to button up her damn shirt. She's not impressing anybody.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:06   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Along with a lot more explained that needs to be done thanks to that first episode.
Old 2009-10-03, 08:04   Link #60
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I guess I am those very few people who loved this episode and will most likely keep on watching until the end~

Though I agree that animation hadn't been fantastic . . . and I didn't like the character designs . . . and ALI project . . . aaarrrgghhh

@kemal_1915
Thanks so much for the spoilers/explanations! Some things became clearer to me thanks to those
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen