Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-29, 10:16   Link #41
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Newest revelations:

1) Jax is confirmed. Boon said that one of his fatalities is a combination of his two MK2 fatalities put together. Basically, with both hands he claps the victim's head which makes it explode, followed by ripping their arms off.

2) The Subway stage is back, and its stage fatality is awesome. On one side of the tracks, the victim's head is held against the side of the oncoming train, resulting in the windows being smashed and blood being smeared all over. Then the victim is thrown to the other side of the tracks where they are run over.

3) The story mode will be divided into chapters like in MK vs DC.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...-tv/108?ep=108
Jax's fatality is gonna sick somehow
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 11:02   Link #42
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, Jax Looks better than ever XD
Old 2010-11-01, 11:07   Link #43
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

New vid with Scorpion's attacks and combos.

Old 2010-11-11, 11:45   Link #44
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

3 new characters confirmed:

Sonya Blade:

Ermac:

Goro:
Old 2010-11-11, 11:51   Link #45
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Holy shit, and I thought they couldnt make Scorpion any more bad ass XD

lets see wah they do with!

Old 2010-11-13, 02:08   Link #46
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

2 new bio-videos.

Sub-Zero Bio

The Living Forest Bio
Old 2010-11-13, 10:22   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I was wondering if the Sub-Zero in this game would be the older or younger brother. That video clears things up nicely. Thanks, Evil Rick .

Man, these bio videos are really getting me pumped for this game. They're a great way to continually keep the fans interest. Good stuff by Netherrealm Studios.

I've gotta say that Ermac and Goro look badass.
Old 2010-11-19, 02:14   Link #48
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

New video with attacks and combos of Sub-Zero

Old 2010-11-19, 14:40   Link #49
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Sub-Zero & Scorpion will always be my fav char in the game :O Reptile not so much but still great .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-11-19 at 14:50.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 21:19   Link #50
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

New Chars & stages leaked

Great news everybody.

A serie of sound in MP3 format was leaked from Netherrealm studios, in these sound we can hear some music themes for stage sand introduction quotes for characters, included un-revealed characters.

Here's the rar with the MP3 archives:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=17EDBR0U

The music leaked is from these stages:

Courtyard

Shang Tsung's Gardens (Shang Tsung's Throne room from MK1 probably)

The Armory

Hell

Roof Top (Bank freom MK3)

The Colisseum (Shao Khan's arena probably)

Character's introducion quotes are from these fighters:

Sub-Zero "This fight will be your last"

Goro: "I will grant you a warrior's death"

Ermac: "We are many, you are but one"

Sektor: "I will show no mercy"

Shao Khan: "You will die!"

Kung Lao: "For the Shao Lin!"

And... new fightrers!

Smoke: "Where there is smoke, there is fire!"

Sindel: "You are pathethic and weak!"

Noob Saibot: "Fear me"

Striker: "Police Brutality coming up!"

Kabal: "Let's see what you're made of"

Shang Tsung: "Your soul is mine"

Quan Chii: "You will serv me in the Netherrealm"

So yeah, Smoke, Sindel, Noob Saibot, Striker, Kabal, Shang Tsung and Quan Chii join the cast in this new Mortal Kombat. ;D

Aslo, two more sound filtred, the anouncer saying "Brutality!" and "Test your might!", which means these two games modes are back!

EDIT: It seems that the first DLC characters was "confirmed" trough an Ed Boon's tweet:

Quote:
"Bo Rai Cho's X-RAY is hilarous!!!"
Boraicho as DLC? or maybe another confirmed character? Who knows?! XD

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2010-12-07 at 21:32.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:55   Link #51
Nayim

GOOD NEWS:

KRATOS from God of War will be playable in Mortal Kombat as special guess star!:

http://stickskills.com/news/1360/kra...mortal-kombat/

Mortal Kombat has seen quite a few changes, mishaps, and styles over the long history of the franchise. After a not so well received Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe hit the market, Ed Boon and the Mortal Kombat franchise are looking to rebound with an exclusive character on at least one of the consoles.

Thanks to the January issue of the Official Playstation Magazine, we've learned just who that character is. When Mortal Kombat drops next year in March, Playstation 3 owners will be able to use an exclusive character none other than Kratos himself from the God of War series. Not only will Kratos be featured in the game, he'll have his own fatalities, combat moves, and his very own God of War themed combat arena.

While Kratos will be featured in the game, he won't be a playable character in the story mode. We're rather happy to see Kratos make his entry into the Mortal Kombat series, as he's known as one of the more iconic members of the Playstation 3 family and he loves violence.

Earlier in the year, around the time of E3, the idea was sparked by the HipHopGamerShow that Kratos would be making his way into the Mortal Kombat series. A few months later, and we finally have the official proof off the addition of of Kratos in the iconic series.
Old 2010-12-08, 15:38   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Many thanks for the updates guys .

Remixed music from past MK titles? That is awesome and nostalgic at the same time.

Brutalities making a return is very fitting for the dark and gruesome feel of this game. Good choice.

Test Your Might is a nice bone to throw to the fans who have been playing the franchise since MK1. Good memories.

I'm VERY happy that they've decided to bring back some characters post MK3. Quan Chi is a pivotal character to the story and he's just as iconic as the classics.

Bo Rai Cho is in? I'm ECSTATIC to hear about that! He was one of my mains in Deadly Alliance and Deception. I love his eccentric play style and he brings great comic relief to the MK franchise. This is great.

As for Kratos, I'm really interested in seeing how they'll implement his fighting style into this game.
Old 2010-12-08, 20:39   Link #53
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
GOOD NEWS:

KRATOS from God of War will be playable in Mortal Kombat as special guess star!:

http://stickskills.com/news/1360/kra...mortal-kombat/

Mortal Kombat has seen quite a few changes, mishaps, and styles over the long history of the franchise. After a not so well received Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe hit the market, Ed Boon and the Mortal Kombat franchise are looking to rebound with an exclusive character on at least one of the consoles.

Thanks to the January issue of the Official Playstation Magazine, we've learned just who that character is. When Mortal Kombat drops next year in March, Playstation 3 owners will be able to use an exclusive character none other than Kratos himself from the God of War series. Not only will Kratos be featured in the game, he'll have his own fatalities, combat moves, and his very own God of War themed combat arena.

While Kratos will be featured in the game, he won't be a playable character in the story mode. We're rather happy to see Kratos make his entry into the Mortal Kombat series, as he's known as one of the more iconic members of the Playstation 3 family and he loves violence.

Earlier in the year, around the time of E3, the idea was sparked by the HipHopGamerShow that Kratos would be making his way into the Mortal Kombat series. A few months later, and we finally have the official proof off the addition of of Kratos in the iconic series.
Well, well, well, first a guest on Soul Calibur, now a fighter in Mortal Kombat... much more fitting for him, if you ask me...
Old 2010-12-08, 23:35   Link #54
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Kratos in Mortal Kombat?

Meh, just meh, I persoanlly find totally unecesary to start calling "guest characters" like they're doing in Soul Calibur.

People really don't care about special guest characters since they have no relation with the main story, they lack a truly "important" place in the game and in the end they're only there as a fanservice elements that will only atract a minor pircent of the gamers (If someone buys The Mortal Kombat it's because they want to play Mortal Kombat, not God of War)

But well, if Kratos is an esclusive character for the PS3 version, that's okay, if he's not and this is only a rumor, I see no problem. In any case, I have a 360, so this matter doesn't really benefits me or afects me (I only hope to don't see in the future "Ryu Hayabusa" or "Master chief" as esclusive for the XBOX version O.o)
Old 2010-12-09, 02:29   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
People really don't care about special guest characters
Lets be reality, Soul Calibur 4 is the best selling game in the series for 2 reasons.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 02:41   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Exactly, while I'm sure this will be fun and ship over a million easy worldwide I doubt it's going to be good. The Mortal Kombat games haven't aged well, I see people on forums all the time say they can't believe they were riding with MK during the SF vs MK wars that raged back in the day.

The gameplay of SF has stood the test of time, MK is lacking.
Has Mortal Kombat ever been good or just blood and guts and FATALITIES! I kind of stopped playing after the first one. I'm pretty sure I recall the game being largely cheese based as well.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 02:45   Link #57
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hey everybody, new rumor appeared.

Character from Gears of War as guest character for the XBOS 360 version

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...al-kombat.aspx

Oh yeah, another thing, apparently, Kratos could be DLC actually
Old 2010-12-09, 05:25   Link #58
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Have to agree with Evil Rick, I'm one of the guys who are not very fond of having special guest characters to the game. I would always prefer inserting an old less-favorite canon character then putting someone who isn't related to it by any means. Although I have to say that Kratos might kinda blend in better then Vader and Yoda did in SCIV.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:38   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Have to agree with Evil Rick, I'm one of the guys who are not very fond of having special guest characters to the game. I would always prefer inserting an old less-favorite canon character then putting someone who isn't related to it by any means. Although I have to say that Kratos might kinda blend in better then Vader and Yoda did in SCIV.
Kratos' inclusion doesn't affect the roster. He's simply a guest addition. And I heard he'll only be playable in VS mode, which means he'll have no story involvement. I don't see any problem. And considering how bloody and gory the God of War franchise is, Kratos fits in rather well with MK.
Old 2010-12-10, 00:47   Link #60
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hey guys, some new stuff will be revealed by Netherrealm studios in the next VGA, perhaps Characters & stages, also, we may see more stuff related with Kratos

Tags
fighting game