AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-08, 17:10   Link #581
Kataryn

Well, the issue is that my friend gave it to me as a present. It was from himeyashop. Only now I decided to read it.
Old 2011-04-08, 17:20   Link #582
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
There was a patch that did a few chapters of Minagoroshi-hen.
Old 2011-04-20, 14:29   Link #583
Joly
モエカステル

I have a question and I will delete this if this isn't allowed. There was a younger Rika sprite in the Matsuri/Kizuna version of Himatsubushi-hen, but there was no patch for her (as far as I know. Unless the patches were updated and I didn't know about it...)

Is there any way I can see her sprite and all her expressions? Have they been ripped like the others?
Old 2011-04-22, 05:11   Link #584
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
I have a question and I will delete this if this isn't allowed. There was a younger Rika sprite in the Matsuri/Kizuna version of Himatsubushi-hen, but there was no patch for her (as far as I know. Unless the patches were updated and I didn't know about it...)

Is there any way I can see her sprite and all her expressions? Have they been ripped like the others?
The translation project is only for the PC version of the game, not the PS2/DS games.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:37   Link #585
Joly
モエカステル

Oops. I just realized I asked on the wrong thread. (There are still PS2 patches for the PC version of the game though.)

Anyway, someone has fulfilled my request already through PM. Thank you.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:01   Link #586
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Oops. I just realized I asked on the wrong thread. (There are still PS2 patches for the PC version of the game though.)

Anyway, someone has fulfilled my request already through PM. Thank you.
Do you have the Matsuri sprites for the other chapters except for Onikakushi-hen as well? I've been searching everywhere, but I've only gotten hold of Onikakushi :/
Old 2011-07-01, 21:28   Link #587
Game Master Matt
Banned

Is it just me, or are comments no longer on the Sonozaki twins blog?O_o
Old 2011-07-01, 21:41   Link #588
Kantoku
見ぬが花

The comments are no longer there. Might be because there's not much left for them to do relating to Higurashi after the minigame patch?
Old 2011-07-02, 07:52   Link #589
Game Master Matt
Banned

Except patches for the other seven-plus games in the series?>_>
Old 2011-07-02, 14:20   Link #590
Kantoku
見ぬが花

If they worked on the other 7, they would get called out very easily. They stopped translating Higurashi in the first place because of MangaGamer. In fact, many translation groups that were working on the Higurashi VNs closed their doors once MG made its announcement.
Old 2011-07-02, 15:06   Link #591
rogerpepitone

Higurashi is in an odd situation. Ryu has pretty generous terms for making derivative works, and SF were within those terms, even with MangaGamer's license.

And what other groups were working on Higu VNs?
Old 2011-07-02, 16:09   Link #592
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Higurashi is in an odd situation. Ryu has pretty generous terms for making derivative works, and SF were within those terms, even with MangaGamer's license.

And what other groups were working on Higu VNs?
I only know of two, one in Shanghai where a friend of mine and 3 others were planning to release an English-Mandarin version of it, and another on Facebook (however it was short-lived since they started fairly late). Someone told me there were many more, though.
Old 2011-07-02, 16:30   Link #593
Game Master Matt
Banned

The twins made a promise to translate and patch all the games. Yes, MangaGamer tried to make them stop, but they had to take that back, because the twins had a legal right to do so based on what is on the Higurashi site and Ryu's own words. They said they were doing to continue.-.-

I'm glad they do this, but I'm still very unhappy with their behavior.
Old 2011-07-02, 17:01   Link #594
PBsaffran

The twins are real persons with real lives. They probably have other problems to solve first.

I know exactly how it feels to tackle something that big (seriously, I really do, it's not a joke) and I know full well how long it takes and all the little things that come along.
For now, the best thing to do would be to just show support and maybe write them comments with stuffs you may have liked on not liked in the manga gamer version.
Oh, and waiting is also good, too.
Old 2011-07-03, 02:36   Link #595
Game Master Matt
Banned

I could tell you a lot, but not here in public. In short, those two have done a lot of things they should not have, and it's ticked off a lot of people. As much as a I prefer their release to MangaGamer's, I can't support them. I already did, and it ended badly.
Old 2011-07-12, 05:37   Link #596
Oblivion

Wondering if anyone is going to fully translate Rei. It seems like the only one left out. Though if mangagamer de ided to do it, that's would work too though I doubt it would.
Old 2011-07-14, 19:06   Link #597
spikexp

I think the main arc of rei "Saikoroshi-hen" is already translated on this forum. The other arc don't mean much to the main story, they are more like for fun arc.

Here, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=107

Never tried it myself.
Old 2011-07-15, 03:18   Link #598
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
I think the main arc of rei "Saikoroshi-hen" is already translated on this forum. The other arc don't mean much to the main story, they are more like for fun arc.

Here, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=107

Never tried it myself.
Yeah I tried that one but I was wondering if the other two arcs would be translated seeing as the anime didn't cover the Soul Brothers arc.
Old 2011-07-15, 06:21   Link #599
rogerpepitone

The anime will be covering the Soul Brothers arc.
Old 2011-07-15, 10:40   Link #600
Oblivion

Still doesn't changed the fact that Rei is the only arc not fully translated. I'd like to read it in VN form seeing as how the anime skips a few parts.
Closed Thread