AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-06, 21:01   Link #581
Nixl

B-but....but Yuma is cuter than Tabitha and Deneve.

Let's compare our options.

Choosing Deneve or Tabitha over Yuma? I seriously hope you don't do this.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:07   Link #582
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa4ever
No shiek, you are just in Denial
Roflmao, what's there to be in denial about when their's "right" answer to this? how can you be in denial over an opinion?

It's one thing if Deneve truly was the new leader of the Ghosts and it was spelled out for us in the manga - then I'd be in denial; but no such thing as occurred. If anything, it swings more toward what Nixl said in that their is no leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak
If you remember why Helen and Deneve became friend you should remember. Deneve said that Helen's words saved her (Deneve was talking to Undine about this).
Ahhh, is that so? I honestly forgot about that bit - just goes to show that Deneve has her moments like everyone else, that doesn't make her any less leader-material; the same for Tabitha and everyone else.

Quote:
Anyway,i continue to be sure that Deneve being the leader now is a fact,not an opinion......
Buddy, You really need to learn the definition of the word "opinion" .

Everything we are all saying is opinion - we can support it with facts, or at least what we see as facts (Black and I are arguing for/against many of the same points for instance), but it's still an opinion no matter how well written; and, at least with this topic, it will remain that way until we can a definitive answer in the story that can't be different through some people's interpretations -- in other words, when it's 100% certain and undoubtedly spelled out for us who the new leader is; until then, we're all just blowing smoke.

===

Good lord Nixl, did you have to go there?

If anything, if we really want to decide who should be the leader, we should do this the old fashioned way and decide based on bokenfantasy's artwork
Old 2011-11-06, 21:11   Link #583
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

But if Miria did die, Deneve is the most probable one (of the Ghost) to take the leader position. If she wanted to.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-06, 21:17   Link #584
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

You know what, that's how we're gonna do this -- we're gonna have a good old fashioned vote off

Who should be the new leader?

Spoiler for curtain number 1:

Spoiler for curtain number 2:

Spoiler for curtain number 3:

Curtain Number 1 certainly has many of the qualities we're looking for, but Number 2 was under last year's champion; Number 3 looks like she can't handle the pressure, we may have to leave this one for the judges.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:18   Link #585
BlackMagister

What do you think a leader does... Deneve has not crowned herself leader yet because Miria's fate is uncertain, but Deneve is leading the group and showing leadership qualities. Arguments are not "well everyone's opinions are equally valid" sometimes one point is better supported than another, by the how people tend to define leaders Deneve is the leader even if only the temporary one.

Deneve leads the group in battle, manages the group members, tells the group where they should go and communicates with other parties like Dietrich and Anastasia's group about their goals.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:19   Link #586
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

@Shiek927

Curtain Number 1

but maybe, just maybe Curtain Number 3

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-06, 21:19   Link #587
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
What do you think a leader does... Deneve has not crowned herself leader yet because Miria's fate is uncertain, but Deneve is leading the group and showing leadership qualities. Arguments are not "well everyone's opinions are equally valid" sometimes one point is better supported than another, by the how people tend to define leaders Deneve is the leader even if only the temporary one.

Deneve leads the group in battle, manages the group members, tells the group where they should go and communicates with other parties like Dietrich and Anastasia's group about their goals.
Am I too assume then you'll be voting for Curtain Number 1?

With any luck, the runner up with be this year's Miss Congeniality; the third can go screw themselves.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:24   Link #588
Nixl

Curtain no. 3. She manned up and healed Cynthia with a technique she learned on the go. Furthermore, she led the Hellcats away from Cynthia and was willing to die like a bro. She saved Cynthia, Galatea, Tab, and Ana's group member without question.

Can the same be said for a piece of background scenery (Tabitha) or Dr. Deneve? Consider that Tabitha cried her eyes out when Miria abandoned her. As for Deneve, she completely shut down during the Pieta arc after Undine died. This job needs someone who will not fold under pressure and take the leap to save others. So far, only Yuma fits that category.

She is the blend of manliness and cuteness the Ghosts need. Furthermore, she has constantly adapted with new skills and abilities that neither Deneve or Tabitha have shown.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:26   Link #589
MalakTawus

Added a lot to my previos post.....

@Shiek
Quote:
Buddy, You really need to learn the definition of the word "opinion" .
Buddy,it's a common expression......do i really have to explain its meaning?

Anyway wins curtain n.1 hands down 'cause she has bigger boobs than the other ghosts, that's why others are intimidated by her,lol.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:26   Link #590
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl
Furthermore, she led the Hellcats away from Cynthia and was willing to die like a bro.
Like a bro? THIS is a compliment? 0_0

Quote:
Can the same be said for a piece of background scenery (Tabitha) or Dr. Deneve? Consider that Tabitha cried her eyes out when Miria abandoned her. As for Deneve, she completely shut down during the Pieta arc after Undine died. This job needs someone who will not fold under pressure and take the leap to save others. So far, only Yuma fits that category.

.............Yeah, but Tabitha's got bigger boobs, so there.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:28   Link #591
Nixl

Yes, Yuma not only saved Cynthia's live with all her energy, but managed to face down the Hellcats, thus saving Cynthia's life again. If that is not a bro, I do not know what is.

@Shieky, Yuma's worth can only go up, the same cannot be said for prudish Tabitha. Also, Tabitha has a bad attitude, Yuma is the joy of the universe.

Edit: No counter from Yuma detractors!?! YUMA WINS AGAIN. Next challenge.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:31   Link #592
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
@Shieky, Yuma's worth can only go up, the same cannot be said for prudish Tabitha. Also, Tabitha has a bad attitude, Yuma is the joy of the universe.
Prudish?!; Although no where near confirmed canon, how can she be considered prudish when in almost every fic she is in, she has the hots for Miria and wants to hop her like no tomorrow? Deneve is also portrayed commonly as lesbian, but she doesn't have anyone she obviously want -- Yuma has neither.

(I'm having alot of fun with this, I don't know about you guys )
Old 2011-11-06, 21:32   Link #593
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Like a bro? THIS is a compliment? 0_0

.............Yeah, but Tabitha's got bigger boobs, so there.
Tabitha does not have larger breasts than Deneve. Trust me, I have checked.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-06, 21:33   Link #594
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Tabitha does not have larger breasts than Deneve. I have checked.
Be quiet you, in those pictures she does (or at least the same size )

In the manga though, yes, Deneve is the only Ghost to join Teresa's fabled D-cup club

Quote:
Edit: No counter from Yuma detractors!?! YUMA WINS AGAIN. Next challenge.
You're the only one voting for Yuma actually; you can't lose
Old 2011-11-06, 21:36   Link #595
Nixl

Quote:
Prudish?!; Although no where near confirmed canon, how can she be considered prudish when in almost every fic she is in, she has the hots for Miria and wants to hop her like no tomorrow? Deneve is also portrayed commonly as lesbian, but she doesn't have anyone she obviously want -- Yuma has neither.

(I'm having alot of fun with this, I don't know about you guys )
Because Yuma is a pure lady and the joy of the universe. The same cannot be said for some creepy fangirl Tabitha or Dr. D. If not for Tabitha being a hybrid she would be that fat fangirl making bad sexual fanfictions. Search your heart, you know this to be true.

Quote:

You're the only one voting for Yuma actually; you can't lose
I speak for a silent majority of Yuma fans.

No counter from Yuma detractors? YUMA WINS AGAIN, next challenge.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:38   Link #596
MalakTawus

Quote:
In the manga though, yes, Deneve is the only Ghost to join Teresa's fabled D-cup club
Hey,Histy is a great contender too!!!

Noo she's awakening!!!.....thinking about it maybe a naked abyssal......Claire i'm joking! You know i'm faithful! (but when you rebuild your body it's a good time to cheat!)

-----------------------------------------------

Btw,the more i reread vol.20 the more i belive that Prissy may indeed care for Raki,even if she herself doesn't want to admit it.Maybe it's just a sensation,bha....
Old 2011-11-06, 21:39   Link #597
ronin myael
lost ronin

wonder who is the most powerful of the 3 resurrected number one...hmmm...
Old 2011-11-06, 21:40   Link #598
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Leadership... it is rather cut and dry; the one whom everyone else follows is the leader - period. In the case of the Ghosts, at the moment that would be Deneve. It isn't a popularity contest, otherwise all these point/counter-point arguments might actually amount to something.

I don't particularly care for her, myself, but that doesn't change the facts. Even though Tabitha chose their last known destination, the others still took their cue from Deneve. Deneve agrees to defer to Tabitha's decision, and then the others follow suit.

This is similar to back when Clare decides to head south to resume her search for Raki. Miria challenges Clare to test her conviction. Then she defers to Clare's decision. Yet there is no question that the Ghosts still consider Miria as the leader, at that time.

The same applies to the current situation. Deneve has taken up Miria's mantle, atleast for the time being. Interpret the situation anyway you wish, but the facts do not change.

Edit: LMAO at the direction this discussion took - a voting poll? I'd have to vote Yuma, given the choice.

Last edited by Falcor; 2011-11-06 at 21:47. Reason: LOL
Old 2011-11-06, 21:42   Link #599
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Search your heart, you know this to he true.
Oh my word, you had to go Darth Vader on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
wonder who is the most powerful of the 3 resurrected number one...hmmm...
Don't derail the fun please, at least not for a little while longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak
Hey,Histy is a great contender too!!!
Yeah but she can't lead the Ghosts, so she's automatically disqualified
Old 2011-11-06, 21:51   Link #600
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I speak for a silent majority of Yuma fans.

No counter from Yuma detractors? YUMA WINS AGAIN, next challenge.
I would vote for Yuma, if Deneve didn't want to lead

"King's to you, Fernand"
Closed Thread