AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-18, 17:53   Link #581
VTHokiePride

Wait so does she get that entire building to herself? The 2 rooms we saw were massive and it has a kitchen too.

I have feeling the orphanage reforms she'll bring in are teaching the orphans basic life skills like cooking, cleaning, reading, and writing. She'll put them through a trade school so they can run the studio.
Old 2020-04-18, 18:47   Link #582
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was fun to see Main growing into her role as a "master". She is strict but fair. Gil was easy to win over as expected.

I completely overestimated Delia. She really just is a clueless girl who acts the way she does because she doesn't know any better. I think even Main hadn't realized how pitiful she is.

The description of the system painted a really dark picture. Orphans without masters are only given scraps and aren't even clothed.
Old 2020-04-18, 19:15   Link #583
Wandering Soul

Gil was easier to win over than expected and so was Delia, though she did have to nearly hit rock bottom before she was willing to cooperate.

It was nice to see Main grow into her role as master and learn from previous mistakes. Gil's budding friendship with Lutz was also nice to see.

The stuff that's left in the background of Main's story is actually pretty dark.
Old 2020-04-18, 21:21   Link #584
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a lot easier and faster for Myne then expected food and a dumb priest its a good thing that Gil spoke up there
Old 2020-04-18, 23:12   Link #585
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Went down differently than I expected, but I like this a lot better. When you get down to it, both Gil and Delia had the same core issue: in the orphanage, they were nobodies. There was no appreciation or recognition, they just took what scraps were left over by the people who'd succeeded enough to be recognized by the nobles. In Gil's case, he came straight from the orphanage, where he'd never felt any motivation to do anything. As a result, once he was given a little motivation he started working, and when he experienced actual appreciation and for the first time met someone who saw value in his existence, it brought him to tears. Delia was a little harder because she'd gained some tentative "recognition". But in her case, rather than Main personally winning her over, it instead started with her having to lose what she had. With the bishop tossing her aside the moment he realized she wasn't immediately useful and her proper master not having any use for "sex appeal", she was suddenly faced with going back to being a nothing. And sure enough, if you compare a master who only values her as long as she's useful and tosses her aside without a second thought to a mistress who actually feels compassion and accepts her so easily, the choice is pretty clear.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-19, 07:13   Link #586
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

BTW. It seems, the whole season is ready,, so we can hope there will be no delays like with some other series.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-19, 11:52   Link #587
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
BTW. It seems, the whole season is ready,, so we can hope there will be no delays like with some other series.
I hope this is true. I heard the same thing about a few other shows too (Sing Yesterday for me, Hamefura, and Listeners).
Old 2020-04-19, 14:03   Link #588
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hope this is true. I heard the same thing about a few other shows too (Sing Yesterday for me, Hamefura, and Listeners).

Hamefura and Yesterday wa Utatte (first 12 eps) are 100% completed as it was officially reported by the staff. As for Honzuki, apparently, the info is from some trusted source, but here I can't give 100%.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 17:11   Link #589
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Main found out about the orphanage's condition first hand. It was even worse than I thought. She's already worked out a solution, thankfully.

The Head Priest is a better person than he appears to be. He seems to be bidding his time until he can become the High Priest and change the policies.
Old 2020-04-25, 17:18   Link #590
Wandering Soul

So the show finally shows us how bad things are in these orphanages and it is pretty bad. Main did manage to come up with a way to help out though and even the Head Priest is willing to help out. Delia is also supportive in her own way. I always thought the Head Priest was not completely happy and with the way, things are and were forced to accept them, so the fact that he does want things to change does not surprise me.
Old 2020-04-25, 20:02   Link #591
Decel

Urgh, so want to see the results!
Old 2020-04-25, 20:18   Link #592
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I mentioned before how Delia must have felt worthless in the orphanage and been desperate to never return to such a place after she'd finally been recognized as having worth, even if it was a shallow worth as a source of aesthetic pleasure and eventually something close to sexual slavery. I never imagined it could be like that though. That orphanage is literally a garbage bin, a holding place for refuse with absolutely no value of any kind until either someone "kindly" gives them a chance to gain some "value" as tools and toys, or they finally expire and have to be disposed of. Finally knowing what it's like to be wanted and to be provided for, of course she'd do anything for anyone to escape such hell. But it's nice to see that, on this particular point, she is willing to betray the bishop if it could save her fellow orphans and finally give them hope.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 20:47   Link #593
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

That is messed up the way the church treats orphan children but it seems that Myne taking another position upon her self
Old 2020-04-26, 05:07   Link #594
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Head Priest is a better person than he appears to be. He seems to be bidding his time until he can become the High Priest and change the policies.
I may have mentioned it before, but I really dislike that translation of their titles, since it's not obvious who's who. They're both <synonym for "leader"> Priest. And the LN actually translates the Head Priest's title as "High Priest". (The other guy is "High Bishop".)

Also, this ep made Delia look better. She was actually able to understand what Main was doing, that it was important to keep it a secret from the Bishop.

In the LN, Main just asked her to keep it a secret, and she knew Delia was still spying for the Bishop because Delia told her so. In what I assume was just a friendly chat.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-26, 09:32   Link #595
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Bishop seems like it would be a better word choice.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-26, 18:05   Link #596
VTHokiePride

Looks like we've got a potential coup on our hands.
Old 2020-04-26, 23:32   Link #597
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Looks like we've got a potential coup on our hands.
I don't know if Main even realizes it since she seems more concerned about books and all. What an unusual yet interesting reason for turning the whole system on it's head though.

"How can I concentrate on reading with all the corruption going on!?"
Old 2020-04-27, 01:53   Link #598
Tenzen12

I don't think coup is likely at this point. Neither Mein nor Head Priest have enough power (or potential to get it) or numbers to change system by force.
Old 2020-04-27, 11:26   Link #599
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think coup is likely at this point. Neither Mein nor Head Priest have enough power (or potential to get it) or numbers to change system by force.
Mein has the potential to become the richest person in the world and seems to be something of a magical powerhouse if she can learn to control it. And the High Priest is an old man who can die from any number of perfectly natural causes when the situation is right.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 13:54   Link #600
Tenzen12

Richest person in the world? Sure it's isekai, but not THAT kind. Magic doesn't seems to do a lot at least not what couldn't be handled by few archers and even if high priest dies all we get is one town with reformed church. Assuming head priest will be one replace him that is (which is by no means certain, given how politically charged church usually is) What you think will happens? Mein forming militia out of underaged orphans and charge into army of thousands of knights and foot soldiers?

Reforms are certainly possible but it has to be though politics, economics and decades of time.