AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 05:45   Link #581
MonkeyDude

Wait so that's the payoff for rushing the source to hell and back? That was...really not worth it. More disappointed in the fact this is a Silver Link production given how they plainly nailed it with Rakudai. They should have at least cut the fanservice episode in half and started the story arc in EP09 to make it halfway decent. At it stands...yeah just bad. I really wanted to like this anime too...oh well.

And I like little sister characters too! Takes all levels of bad to elicit a meh out of me when it comes to imoutos!
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 05:51   Link #582
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
They have enough materials but they opted to make original ending that ruined the connection to the future arcs... I don't read the LN but according to the spoilers, I could not think any creative way to connect this ending with next arc anymore

I don't know if somehow they pulled a "Shakugan no Shana" and manage to forcefully throw away what happened in the last moment of this ending and connect it like nothing happened but I'm not sure they will do that
They can, hm, have Kiseki have another crisis on the way back (like maybe because Kyouya shoots her again) so they kinda redo the final battle? And this time have it go right?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 13:58   Link #583
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well I got what I wanted anyway.

Overall score: Kanae Itou/10.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 22:13   Link #584
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it felt rushed but Mari is worth watching this

5/10 Need 26eps or more
Old 2015-12-24, 23:21   Link #585
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

So... Kuroko as loli!Suginami?
Old 2015-12-27, 01:28   Link #586
moodie

i aint gonna lie i love the rushed adaption with Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon because it dumped enough material where it was enjoyable.

the thing is u can rush as long as the material is good. if u rush and skip things however it can turn into shit. too slow and u will forever wonder what happened in the later vols. besides its not like the ln was that detailed anyways they were quick to read. so it still makes it feel as if we arent rushing per say.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 18:40   Link #587
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 12 [END]

All in all this was an alright adaptation. Certainly not worst I've seen.

Honestly I liked the finale more than I thought I would since went for original ending and action was pretty decent. Had it continued to stick to the books despite the changes I would probably much more upset. But this works out well enough makes the easier to accept as closer to show as whole.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 18:58   Link #588
Iron Maw
Banned

Dude calm the hell down.

It's just anime adaptation, not your family. Nothing deserves to happened to anyone who worked on it. The whole of anime adaptation is to promote the source to begin with to best of staff ability. They were never obligated to follow it 100%. You still have the original novels.

The LN is hardly the best thing ever anyway. It's merely above average work for a harem lightnovel.
Old 2015-12-28, 19:00   Link #589
moodie

The second people realize an adaption isnt a carbon copy the more they will have fun with anime.

You have your light novels go read that.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 19:32   Link #590
RDNexus

While I understand that reasoning, moodie, you gotta remember not everyone is interested in reading the LNs or wishes to see a faithful animated adaption of a story they like.
Not that I don't agree with you in that cenny11 exagerated a bit with that post.

And Iron Maw, the way you stated things may light a flame in some lurkers, I don't know...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 19:43   Link #591
Iron Maw
Banned

Well I don't mean to offend, but that is just the truth. It would be a lot easier for fans to accept that as the nature of anime adaptations and enjoy them for what their are then gripe about how much or less faithful it is. Because even the best adaptations aren't perfect representation of their sources and ultimately their more aimed at newcomers than fans.
Old 2015-12-28, 19:50   Link #592
RDNexus

Ah, sorry, I was talking about your opinion of the AMA LNs, not the overall post itself.

The rest, yes, of course it's just as you said (unfortunately) but it doesn't mean people can't get pissed at the way an adaption was made... Specially when it was/is rushed.
Old 2015-12-28, 20:09   Link #593
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm not saying you can't get mad (hell I don't like this it anymore than they do), but attacking the staff is a bit much. Studios don't have as much power in these cases as people think they do and they have different goals they have to fill too.
Old 2015-12-28, 20:21   Link #594
RDNexus

Heck, most of times it's the sponsors and/or source material publishers which hold the most power over an adaption...
And their prime concern almost never seems to be to deliver a good adaption to the fans.
Old 2015-12-28, 21:31   Link #595
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not particularly focused on how faithful an adaptation this show was. I have no clue how faithful it actually was.

I think where the show fails is in the actual production of the show and the decisions made. It was too rushed. It doesn't matter what the original novels were like. 2 episode arcs? That's tough to pull off well and no surprise they didn't do a great job of it here. Just constantly moving so fast that no scene had enough impact. Despite situations that should have been serious, they just hurried on because they couldn't afford to spend time on it.

I wouldn't yell at the staff, but it is disappointing. The show has pieces and parts with potential. The blame is on whoever said "hey let's make a 1 cour show with 5 story arcs packed in it." Whatever the goals, what is judged is the end result. That end result being purely disappointing.
Old 2015-12-28, 22:03   Link #596
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I wanted 2nd season of this and Rakudai rather than Asterisk.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 07:15   Link #597
IceHism

I don't really think the first 4 arcs were even that interesting even if they did decide to adapt everything and not rush it. I prefer actual plot to get rolling. Just seeing them having funny interactions with voice-trap level VAs was pretty good for me. Probably should have not rushed the 5th arc though. I didn't really think this was disappointing but my expectations for this was as low as it could get so I enjoyed it quite a lot
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 07:31   Link #598
RDNexus

Yes, I too prefer a more plot-focused story, but you know how Japan is working nowadays, more than ever...
Old 2015-12-29, 19:33   Link #599
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not particularly focused on how faithful an adaptation this show was. I have no clue how faithful it actually was.

I think where the show fails is in the actual production of the show and the decisions made. It was too rushed. It doesn't matter what the original novels were like. 2 episode arcs? That's tough to pull off well and no surprise they didn't do a great job of it here. Just constantly moving so fast that no scene had enough impact. Despite situations that should have been serious, they just hurried on because they couldn't afford to spend time on it.

I wouldn't yell at the staff, but it is disappointing. The show has pieces and parts with potential. The blame is on whoever said "hey let's make a 1 cour show with 5 story arcs packed in it." Whatever the goals, what is judged is the end result. That end result being purely disappointing.
They don't really have much choice with how the first 4 volumes of LN constructed though. Vol 1-4 simply do not work as good resolution for the a season as whole compared to vol 5. This series is also not popular enough for the Production committee to give it an expensive 2 cour treatment. Ultimately AMA adaptation was stuck between a rock and hard place, this is the best compromise that could satisfy all parties involved.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-12-29 at 20:19.
Old 2015-12-29, 21:48   Link #600
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
They don't really have much choice with how the first 4 volumes of LN constructed though. Vol 1-4 simply do not work as good resolution for the a season as whole compared to vol 5. This series is also not popular enough for the Production committee to give it an expensive 2 cour treatment. Ultimately AMA adaptation was stuck between a rock and hard place, this is the best compromise that could satisfy all parties involved.
They may not have had much choice, but they had one. Those volumes don't work as a good resolution for the season. But it's better than having a good resolution for a bad season. The destination matters less when the journey is through a bog of death.

In the end I don't agree this was the best compromise. I could at least have been bothered by a bad ending if it was for a good show overall. But an ok ending for a show that leaves no impact because of the rush....that's a bigger loss.

Tags
harem, supernatural