AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-09, 11:41   Link #581
klare

Yukii finally did something right for the first time in choosing Yuno, with their diaries combined they are tough to beat, not to mention Yuno's super-soldier ability

Tsubaki suffered a lot and that made her went crazy and wanting to destroy the world, i feel she is a victim too

and 12th will be missed
Old 2011-11-09, 13:08   Link #582
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I'm liking how they're developing the characters.

Not once did I ever think that maybe twelth would have been the good guy. The way they introduced him by capturing ninth and pretty much forcing her to tell him everything about first made me think at first that he was in it for himself, that he wasn't on anyones sides. But later on it revealed that although he took ninth's eye out, he pretty much treated her and freely gave her the opportunity to escape when throwing her the key. That didn't convince me that he was good, but it showed he didn't have the same motives as ninth in killing everyone and everything. He then eventually admitted that he wanted to stop sixth, even if that meant taking his own life. He was a good guy, but in a bad prospective to how he did things.

And as for sixth, they really left me on the edge to whether she's good or bad. Only when I saw her past and flashbacks did I realise that she was bad, but for the wrong reasons. She didn't choose to be bad, her past manipulated her to be bad. By thinking that she could use first to save her, she did a pretty convincing job of acting innocent, but in the end that advantage turned on her. She really could have been good, but what happened turned her the opposite path.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 13:45   Link #583
Miraluka
Banned

NICE POSE :

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 00:01   Link #584
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
NICE POSE :

Spoiler for IMG:
Barbeques, you're doing it righteously.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 13:20   Link #585
jcdietz03

I'm thinking the best way to kill a diary user is to destroy the diary because it doesn't leave a body. Even if you have to kill the user, it's best to destroy the diary right after as an easy way to get rid of the body.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 14:06   Link #586
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
I'm thinking the best way to kill a diary user is to destroy the diary because it doesn't leave a body. Even if you have to kill the user, it's best to destroy the diary right after as an easy way to get rid of the body.
Yuki does indeed think this himself.

He killed Third by darting his phone.

He almost killed Ninth by aiming his darts at her phone, but she sacrificed her eye instead.

And he did it to sixth who pretty much sacrificed her hand the first time when Yuno tried to strike. And she tried doing it again, but completely forgot that her hand had alread been removed, allowing Yuki's dart to hit Sixth's scroll at destroy her.

From Ninth and Sixths actions, they are all well aware of what happens when their diary is struck, and are even willing to lose an eye...or a hand, to defend it.

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-11-10 at 17:50.
Old 2011-11-10, 17:02   Link #587
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Certainly a different anime to anything I've seen before (just picked it up today - why must anime OPs be so good?)

As such, only seen Episode 1 - and I have to say, I'm in. It already looks significantly better than Deadman Wonderland (it's the only thing I can really compare this to, considering the similar...gory...nature of the material) - and the idea of a 'Battle Royale' to decide an heir to the throne of God seems rather interesting to me.

Will hopefully catch up fully when I've got a day spare.

How long is this anime, by the way?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 19:05   Link #588
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Back to ep 1, how did a dart thrown by hand has enough force to pierce through a phone? I think cell phones are harder than that
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 19:10   Link #589
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Yuki does indeed think this himself.

He killed Third by darting his phone.

He almost killed Ninth by aiming his darts at her phone, but she sacrificed her eye instead.

And he did it to sixth who pretty much sacrificed her hand the first time when Yuno tried to strike. And she tried doing it again, but completely forgot that her hand had alread been removed, allowing Yuki's dart to hit Sixth's scroll at destroy her.

From Ninth and Sixths actions, they are all well aware of what happens when their diary is struck, and are even willing to lose an eye...or a hand, to defend it.
Not really... the only reason Yuki aims for the phone is because he can't kill anyone directly. He doesn't have guts for that what is normal for an ordinary human.

Everyone was told that their mobile is their life so it is logical that they would protect their phones while sacrificing parts of themselves.

viperdk1
Around 26 episodes.

kk2extreme
Same way as rockets fly from under a skirt and motorbike transforms from thin air.
Old 2011-11-10, 19:20   Link #590
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Not really... the only reason Yuki aims for the phone is because he can't kill anyone directly. He doesn't have guts for that what is normal for an ordinary human.

Everyone was told that their mobile is their life so it is logical that they would protect their phones while sacrificing parts of themselves.

viperdk1
Around 26 episodes.

kk2extreme
Same way as rockets fly from under a skirt and motorbike transforms from thin air.
Ah, I see where you're coming from.
Old 2011-11-10, 19:42   Link #591
MasterVampire

So glad this is 26 episodes long
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 21:10   Link #592
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

One thing I'm wondering about is just why does being pierced with a dart cause Sixth's diary, which is a scroll, to be considered "destroyed"? I can see how this worked with Third's cell phone, since there's plenty of vital electronics that could be damaged to prevent the phone (or heck, just its diary function) from working. But just poking a hole in the scroll was enough? Does that mean if Yukki dropped his phone and got a scratch on the case it would mean a quick Game Over for him?

That'd be my only nitpick with this episode, though, because otherwise the sheer overload of insanity was epic. Yuno and Yukki's budding Mad Love, Sixth bouncing between personalities, and Twelfth...OMG, Twelfth! That Super Sentai opening, theme music and all, totally topped the manga version of that scene (actually, that's been my reaction to the anime generally thus far--"just like the manga, except better!"--when you get right down to it).

Spoiler for ep. 5:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 06:41   Link #593
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
One thing I'm wondering about is just why does being pierced with a dart cause Sixth's diary, which is a scroll, to be considered "destroyed"? I can see how this worked with Third's cell phone, since there's plenty of vital electronics that could be damaged to prevent the phone (or heck, just its diary function) from working. But just poking a hole in the scroll was enough? Does that mean if Yukki dropped his phone and got a scratch on the case it would mean a quick Game Over for him?

That'd be my only nitpick with this episode, though, because otherwise the sheer overload of insanity was epic. Yuno and Yukki's budding Mad Love, Sixth bouncing between personalities, and Twelfth...OMG, Twelfth! That Super Sentai opening, theme music and all, totally topped the manga version of that scene (actually, that's been my reaction to the anime generally thus far--"just like the manga, except better!"--when you get right down to it).

Spoiler for ep. 5:
Yes, I agree that it's rather strange.

What I think is that their diary is their life. Like First, who write everything he did, saw etc on his phone and lived his life through his diary, Sixth probably did the same. Having a dart stabbed into your diary is like getting stabbed by a knife in real life. Plus, The God is expecting them to protect it, so i'm sure it's a little harsh when you allow the abilities it gave your diary to be damaged. Although Sixths diary was a scroll, it most likely acted as any other diary would.

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-11-11 at 06:59.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:12   Link #594
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok finally watched ep 4-5.

Kinda funny how Yuki is shitting his pants. Well at least he grew some balls at the end.
This line "My gut is telling me to not responds to these lunatics" epic

After Yuno the Yandere queen this year.

I call Twelfth the Weirdo this year

Sick story for Sixth , i feel sorry for her.

Damn i knew for Fourth !! I was thinking about it , ahah this guy !

And the ED was so hilarious. 12th is funny.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:47   Link #595
kitten320

I would say that it is a plot hole on author's part when it comes to 6th diary. Author was probably lazy to come up with some good way to tear the scroll apart or burn it while keeping Yuki manly.

Really, after this part and rockets under a skirt I don't think that anything can be taken very seriously here =/
Though it won't stop me raging sometimes.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:09   Link #596
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ I hope posters here won't rage (like geass, horizon, and death note ones) when I point out that it was never supposed to be taken seriously if you are over 12 years old, balancing between trolling and moe

Anyway, I had a quick look at the wiki, and saw that there are 12 volumes plus 2 spin-off/alternate universe or something (also tried to skip spoilers). so since we are at one fourth/fifth of the episodes in, and shackled Minene was half way in volume two* is there any chance that the show can cover the manga material or it is going for an original ending? In other words, have there been significant changes to the source?

* had to check the manga for shackled Minene panels, but the manga artwork is atrocious was it published weekly?

Talking about Minene, she must be related to Ryonosuke@Fate/Zero, sharing (sound-wise) a family name, etc.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 11:51   Link #597
miketyson

Malkuth: I've read everything. There's been no significant story changes so far. There's been some side-story material worked in where it helps the material, and there've been a small number of anime-original scenes and slight edits. Pretty much every change has been made to make the story make more sense, so so far so good.

I'm not going to start doing "this many chapters left" type math but I think we're on track to fit everything in. There're definitely some parts of the storyline that could be compressed without really changing the story that much.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 14:29   Link #598
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ I hope posters here won't rage (like geass, horizon, and death note ones) when I point out that it was never supposed to be taken seriously if you are over 12 years old, balancing between trolling and moe
That really is a useful line. And I would have kind of agreed with you if it wasn't for the fact that you have said the same things about those other three anime, all which are supposed to be taken seriously.

Quote:
I would say that it is a plot hole on author's part when it comes to 6th diary. Author was probably lazy to come up with some good way to tear the scroll apart or burn it while keeping Yuki manly.
And on the staff's side, it can be said that they were lazy because they kept the 12th's bomb suicide scene the same as the manga.
In the manga, there was no color and no voice, so it made sense that Yukiteru used the position, but in the anime, there is color and voice, and the first thing Yukiteru would have cared about is the color. And if he marked them by color, the shuffling would have been pointless.
But that would ruin the entire scene, so they kept it the way it is.
However, because it did, it made less sense in the anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:07   Link #599
ookamigirl

Sixth sad story was pretty gruesome.
Yukkii sure was in a pinch again, seems like he just can't get a break from all the psycho's around him.
I'm guessing Yuno will be his worst problem when everyone else is dead & gone. That girl is just seriously messed up.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:50   Link #600
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That really is a useful line. And I would have kind of agreed with you if it wasn't for the fact that you have said the same things about those other three anime, all which are supposed to be taken seriously.
ORLY

butt-shot or groping every other scene, plus the most random plot are supposed not to troll teenagers who take everything way too seriously

At least most hentai have a plot not... censored

On the other hand, we can agree on Mirai Nikki... at least

My question though remains a tad bit unanswered... is there a prospect for a conclusive ending after the 2 cours ?!?!?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere