AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-10, 02:56   Link #581
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

i took a look at the ffsky site and like it a lot they're description of the stuff are kinda funny and not so serious like most of the sites i see in english

lol the description for the char/pairs (epi9) is so funnie that i did a fast translation here. my english sucks so bear with me

Aaeru = terminator (as in that arnold guy haha) with killer intent
Neviril = originally powerful
parietta = aka para-sama , loves neviril
Kaimu(twin) = dai-suki para-sama
Alti (twin) = sis-con?
Floe = even if warpourif turn into guy , also want
Dominura = obasan
Rimoune = (something - presentable?) abt genius girl
Morina = simoun fetistish LOL ( which is very true haha look at epi10 even the techie knows )
Redore = Oujou sama
Mamina = useless from the start
Yun = child rushing to die

there;s this part abt epi9 description

十几人同住的卧室,满屋子跑的老鼠(不是指阿艾尔) = over 10 ppl living in a room , rats running around the place (not meaning
aaeru)

Last edited by randomlurker123; 2006-06-10 at 03:26.
randomlurker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 03:28   Link #582
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Eye catch Wall paper for JPG!!

Eye catch Wall paper for JPG!!

These wall paper in not PNG or BMP for reazon of file size!
But beautiful , no JPG noise !!

http://simoun.ffsky.cn/gallery01.htm

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-06-11 at 07:55.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 02:38   Link #583
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 7 subtitle file

episode 7 subtitle file. (save link)
just wanted to fill in a bit. that's as far backwards as I expect to go.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 04:54   Link #584
Seska

Well, i somehow build my first selfmade Wallpaper. And now im trying to upload it into the Web.

Domo arigato, senseis for the Links. Where i found all my sources to build this "Firsttry" Wallpaper.

edit:

edit2: direct link for the Logo http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8...ounlogo0gw.jpg

Mfg,
Seska

Last edited by Seska; 2006-06-11 at 09:37.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 06:21   Link #585
ffdshow

Thanks for the ep7 translation! I just could not believe my eyes when I see the Chinese translations. I think something is wrong...

Spoiler:

now it is confirmed... oh my gods!
ffdshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 06:33   Link #586
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdshow
Spoiler:

now it is confirmed... oh my gods!
[quote=From Wrexs Anime blog]
Spoiler:

I think the gist is the same

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 07:38   Link #587
Yui from Okinawa

Hi, Mr. Seska sample wallpaper test!

Okay, my sample test!
These image are reprint from my fan-Novel pages!
(you can redirect to each fan novel page jump to each image from my index top page!)
http://www.geocities.jp/emiri_0623/simoun02-e1.htm
Photoshop is match for anime image source!

Old 2006-06-11, 20:00   Link #588
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker123
lol the description for the char/pairs (epi9) is so funnie that i did a fast translation here. my english sucks so bear with me
BTW the original image was in Japanese and taken off 2ch.

fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 20:15   Link #589
wrex_japan

Quote:
i took a look at the ffsky site and like it a lot they're description of the stuff are kinda funny and not so serious like most of the sites i see in english

Aaeru = terminator (as in that arnold guy haha) with killer intent
Neviril = originally powerful
parietta = aka para-sama , loves neviril
Kaimu(twin) = dai-suki para-sama
Alti (twin) = sis-con?
Floe = even if warpourif turn into guy , also want
Dominura = obasan
Rimoune = (something - presentable?) abt genius girl
Morina = simoun fetistish LOL ( which is very true haha look at epi10 even the techie knows )
Redore = Oujou sama
Mamina = useless from the start
Yun = child rushing to die

there;s this part abt epi9 description

十几人同住的卧室,满屋子跑的老鼠(不是指阿艾尔) = over 10 ppl living in a room , rats running around the place (not meaning
aaeru)

Hehe, that was funny... but after seeing the original image provided by fignae, I might change Nevril's translation to: "Formerly unbelievably withdrawn" and Floe to: "Maneater... and she ate Wapourif too"
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 20:52   Link #590
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Quote:
aaeru)

LOL!!
Aaeru The Terminator stands on the same level with a rat
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 22:31   Link #591
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
"...rats running around the place (not meaning aaeru)"
Aaeru definitely does not act like a rat, but doesn't she look a bit like one? Not that that's bad, lol.

I discovered that 2channel's Simoun thread (now over 20,000 posts) gives a list of separate "moe" threads for most of the main characters, including the "Aaeru moe thread." One post: "I want to see her getting out of bed again." The other moe threads are for: Morinas, Yun, Kaim and Alti, Furoe, Guraghief, Mamina, and Rodoreamon. There's also a "Paraietta-sama's unusual elegance" thread and a "Rimone loli-kawaii" thread. No Neviriru thread mentioned. There are also links to other threads about military affairs, ascii-art, yuri, the cast, SF, a couple of ero-threads, and also a couple of anti-Simoun threads.
Spoiler for full list of Simoun threads in Japanese, with links:
A figure thread had a link to what I think is a page with more views of that figure of Neviriru and Aaeru.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-06-11 at 22:58.
Old 2006-06-12, 01:11   Link #592
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The other moe threads are for: . . . Guraghief,
*blink* *blink* Guragief moe? Huh. And no Wapourif or Neville or Anubituf moe?

(Am I the only one who thinks that Anubituf is really sexy?)
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 06:33   Link #593
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Aaeru definitely does not act like a rat, but doesn't she look a bit like one? Not that that's bad, lol.
Yeah, Aaeru's Mickey Mouseyness is a running joke among the Chinese yuri boards. Unfortunately I'm beginning to see the resemblance.

Whoo! The ASCII art is terrific. Paraietta and Neviriru certainly stand out. Pity about Nev not being more popular. *changes avatar in reaction* Guraghief handsome, yes -- moe, huh? Must be a loose definition then. I'm quite a fan of him myself; Anubituf not so much.

The idea of having anti-Simoun threads is amusing.

Last edited by fignae; 2006-06-12 at 07:51.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 07:46   Link #594
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

Quote:
http://anime.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1143902049/
A figure thread had a link to what I think is a page with more views of that figure of Neviriru and Aaeru.
lol those figurines looks so creepy to me
i wish i can read jap to understand those links u posted , btw now i realise why aaeru looks so farmiliar (micky mouse ) lol
randomlurker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 08:02   Link #595
Yui from Okinawa

I'm Gragief or Grakia fan!!

I'm Gragief or Grakia fan,too!!

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-06-12 at 10:59.
Old 2006-06-12, 08:30   Link #596
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Simoun mailing list

I've created a Simoun mailing list on yahoogroups. It's not meant to be a replacement for this forum (which is wonderful); it's more meant as a place to hash out the details of producing the fansub, and a storage dump for scripts and pretty pictures and whatnot. But if more discussion breaks out on the mailing list, that's great, too.

To subscribe, kindly visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun or send email to Simoun-subscribe@yahoogroups.com .
Old 2006-06-12, 12:04   Link #597
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
...Pity about Nev not being more popular. *changes avatar in reaction* Guraghief handsome, yes -- moe, huh? Must be a loose definition then...The idea of having anti-Simoun threads is amusing.
Neviriru. As far as I'm concerned, she's the star. Everything she does reaches me.

moe. I'm getting the impression that "moe" is just coming to mean "sexy" or "get the hots for", rather than the original "so cute that you want to protect her."

anti- threads. It's common on 2channel to have anti- threads for an anime. They usually have the word "shitty" in the title. The anti-Simoun thread is called "Shit-piss plagiarized anime Simoun." There's one anti-thread (i.e., less than a thousand posts) and we're on the 21st pro- thread (i.e., over 20,000 posts). Suzumiya Haruhi has 327 pro- threads and 21 anti- threads.

2channel threads. Just to update the comparisons, Higurashi has 74 threads, Utawarerumono has 39, Ouran has 27 threads, Inukami has 23, Zegapain has 19, Aria the Natural has 18, Witchblade has 18, .hack//Roots has 17, School Rumble2 has 17, Strawberry Panic has 15 (and two anti- threads), Gintama has 13, Girls' High has 11, xxxholic has 6, Nana has 5.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-06-12 at 12:32.
Old 2006-06-12, 12:19   Link #598
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
moe. I'm getting the impression that "moe" is just coming to mean "sexy" or "get the hots for", rather than the original "so cute that you want to protect her."
Ah. That explains why no Wapourif, Anubituf, or Sibylla Aurea moe threads, then... but why an Aaeru thread? She hardly needs to be protected from anything....
Old 2006-06-12, 14:55   Link #599
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 11 "United Front" hasn't shown up yet, but there is a brief teaser for it on the official site.
Spoiler for official site intro to ep11:

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-06-12 at 15:26.
Old 2006-06-12, 15:35   Link #600
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 11:
Spoiler for episode 11:

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri