AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-04, 13:24   Link #581
typhonsentra

Can't say I agree with that. The way she ended Ichigo definitely struck a chord with me. And at the very least the preceding story that lead up to it while formulaic at times kept me entertained enough to read enthusiastically up until the final arc.
Old 2009-10-04, 15:22   Link #582
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
You know how they say 'Even a stick can shoot once'. If we look at how much her series were successful and how much after the good start ended up in a ditch you have to agree that storytelling/planning is not Kawashita's strong point.
Old 2009-10-04, 15:23   Link #583
Cinocard

Each to his own, I guess. Since Ichigo100% was heavily complained with girls end up single, Junpei had no real rivals, the predictable story was just dragged on and on, only the ending was harder to predict, but again, it was complained about a lot too (even though Nishino had lots of fan at the time).

I guess you read it all at once. For me who waited years for the manga to finish, the drag was quite painful (especially because I rooted for Aya, but she just sat there like a duck for years. If she loses, at least give her an honorable lose).
Old 2009-10-04, 16:54   Link #584
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Each to his own, I guess. Since Ichigo100% was heavily complained with girls end up single, Junpei had no real rivals, the predictable story was just dragged on and on, only the ending was harder to predict, but again, it was complained about a lot too (even though Nishino had lots of fan at the time).

I guess you read it all at once. For me who waited years for the manga to finish, the drag was quite painful (especially because I rooted for Aya, but she just sat there like a duck for years. If she loses, at least give her an honorable lose).
well, girls ending up alone is a symptom of harem series, not just ichigo100 - as is the controversy when only two girls each with a considerable fanbase make it into the shortlist towards the end. It's just a wild guess but i rather see Kawashita determine the endgirl already halfway through not just in the end.
Old 2009-10-04, 17:07   Link #585
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

In order to have a romance drama you need competitors. And in competitions, there are winners and there are losers. Its on rare occasion that everyone wins (not harem, but a new character later introduced ends up with the character that would have lost), but if the author is good, not everyone has to lose completely.
Old 2009-10-04, 20:49   Link #586
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
well, girls ending up alone is a symptom of harem series, not just ichigo100 - as is the controversy when only two girls each with a considerable fanbase make it into the shortlist towards the end. It's just a wild guess but i rather see Kawashita determine the endgirl already halfway through not just in the end.
Well most harem these days, although it's heavily hinted the lead will go with the main girl, gives no definite ending as to please the fans of the other female characters.

Only ones I can think of where the other girls end up alone for certain are Love Hina (probably the parent of harem), Ai Yori Aoshi, Midori Days and probably Ai Kora.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:04   Link #587
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Well most harem these days, although it's heavily hinted the lead will go with the main girl, gives no definite ending as to please the fans of the other female characters.

Only ones I can think of where the other girls end up alone for certain are Love Hina (probably the parent of harem), Ai Yori Aoshi, Midori Days and probably Ai Kora.
But with Love Hina & Ai Yori Aoshi you knew who the lead would end up with in the end. Especially in Ai Yori Aoshi, there was no question about it so you can't really feel bad for the other girls. And although you knew who was going to win in Ichigo 100% a fair amount of time before it ended, it was a gradual process and you never knew what may have happened to make Junpei change his mind at the last moment.

I am sure this manga (staying on topic a little, lol) will show the process as well and we won't know for sure who Kouta will choose until the end.
Old 2009-10-04, 22:15   Link #588
mammothb

i just hope that kawashita will introduce some males to compete with kouta, make him realise who he really like. it's kinda boring just seeing the girls all going after him while he hesitates.

huh? in midori days there were girls that ended up alone? i cant rmb clearly but i thought there was only one pair? hmmm
Old 2009-10-05, 08:59   Link #589
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
i just hope that kawashita will introduce some males to compete with kouta, make him realise who he really like. it's kinda boring just seeing the girls all going after him while he hesitates.

huh? in midori days there were girls that ended up alone? i cant rmb clearly but i thought there was only one pair? hmmm
You must re-read it bro

Sawamura being gunned by:
1.Midori (the winner YAY)
2.Class Rep (pity her a bit)
3.American girl with a cow-ward-blonde-boy boyfriend (??)
4.Senior (the Praying - Lesbo - Mantis LOL )

back to topic!
Does Chiaki know about her sister mysterious money? (the other 3.000) I think this will come to Kouta mind again to ask for answer. He may think since Chiaki is his Sister, she know or can provide him with some information regarding his "Mysterious Ane Intruder"
Old 2009-10-06, 08:38   Link #590
Freeter
beyond

New spoiler summary out:

Spoiler for 14:

Spoiler for basic summary:
Old 2009-10-06, 08:43   Link #591
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
New spoiler summary out:

Spoiler for 14:

oh wow! that's will be a wreck. Chiaki give some respect to him first and then call him rapist
Old 2009-10-06, 09:02   Link #592
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
New spoiler summary out:

Spoiler for 14:

Lol, based on the spoiler, the next chapter will be so much of win!!! I can't wait for a translation right now
Old 2009-10-07, 03:14   Link #593
mammothb

ha, i guess now kouta has 2 girls chasing after him
Old 2009-10-08, 23:04   Link #594
Mizuno
Undefined

Scan is out.

Chiaki is really cute this chapter. Now I'm even rooting for her. lol, why do they allow kids in a movie rated M?
Old 2009-10-08, 23:52   Link #595
Nvis
Where are the good animes

It's Japan.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:22   Link #596
mammothb

chiaki showed a different side of her in this chap.
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-10-09, 00:45   Link #597
Mizuno
Undefined

It seems likely, although she'll continue to be all tsun about it. He's a pretty caring guy and it shows.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:25   Link #598
Cinocard

Well, all of the guys come from Kawashita manga are extremely caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
chiaki showed a different side of her in this chap.
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-10-09, 02:25   Link #599
Mizuno
Undefined

I don't know if she had feelings for Kouta before the date, but she certainly feels that way now. Kohta is a pure and sincere kid, I don't blame her.
Old 2009-10-09, 03:09   Link #600
crayven

Chiaki is really cute in this chapter. Too bad I think she has the least chance of the 3 girls.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen