AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-08, 06:20   Link #5981
evalot1997

@PSY . Gangnam

So you're telling me that Alice, the Nakiri Alice is not E10 material???
evalot1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 06:28   Link #5982
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Just that none of the other, notably not even Erina, is posing as much as he does.

Who knows how many people better at cooking than him actually already challanged him to and he just declined like he did it with Souma.
So one's personality determines his/her level of cooking abilities.

Wow, that's some Sherlock-Homes level of judgment there.

Quote:
So a normal student has the money to buy ancient cooking books? I am in doubt.
What?

Quote:
Yes and what did Souma do? He defeated all of them without real effort.
Yes? So you're agreeing they're at least on par with Yugi? Do you actually know what you're saying?

Quote:
Or you could accept how Shoukugeki's have been working the entire time in both the Manga and the anime?

Call it 'my' interpretation if you want, but until this point whoever issued the challange always got to decide the theme, aside from the Copy Cat case where he could not only care less about the theme, due to his intentions to cook exactly the same, but also couldn't really decide the topic either as it was given by the event staff.

There is really not much to citate there - that is how all the Shoukugeki's have worked.
Thus until a differnt working has ben shown, it is more like comments saying that the challenged has the right to decide the thme need citation.
Yeah, its now evidently clear its pure interpretation on your part. Let's leave it at here, since we'll be going round in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalot1997 View Post
@PSY . Gangnam

So you're telling me that Alice, the Nakiri Alice is not E10 material???
Please read the arguments properly.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 06:49   Link #5983
evalot1997

Well, she did clearly without a doubt got defeated by Souma..

But on another note. Maybe, just maybe.... in the near future, with a generous stroke of miraculous god sent luck that Souma will finally improve and grow beyond being the culinary edition of 'Kazuya Aoi' that he currently is.
evalot1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 06:50   Link #5984
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
So one's personality determines his/her level of cooking abilities.
That is what you said now.
Point is his position in the Elite 10 doesn't say that there aren't others in the school who are better at cooking than he is as he has no obligation to accept a shokugeki for his rank.

The only reason that he might have to accept it now, is his own ego, and the likelyhood that at least Ishikki won't let him go back on what he said.
(The same probably goes for troll girl and the other Elite 10)

Quote:
What?
You inclined they have the same chances to advance their cooking as an elite ten does.
I just proofed you that the majority of the school doesn't using an example that was even given in the manga.

Quote:
Yes? So you're agreeing they're at least on par with Yugi? Do you actually know what you're saying?
No I am saying SOUMA might be

Quote:
Yeah, its now evidently clear its pure interpretation on your part. Let's leave it at here, since we'll be going round in circles.
Feel free to close your eyes, in front of something that have been practiced throughout the entire manga, as much as you like

Please read the arguments properly. [/QUOTE]

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 06:58   Link #5985
Fwarlord

Quote:
Spoiler for brilliant afterthoughts from a poster in another forum, in which I highly concur with:
Completely agree with this. I also think Souma losing to Hayama is a brilliant and realistic move.

And that's also the reason why I believe Erina not ending up with Souma will be an interesting development the author could do (if he actually does it). Just think about it, from now on, the author will foreshadow tons of hint about Erina gradually opening up with people around her and falling for Souma, little by little. Their chemistry becomes more and more natural and comfortable, to the point readers may think an happy ending for them is inevitable. But in the end, it won't happen, Souma will reject Erina because he already has someone else in his heart. The whole mutual love between them is just something exists in her own mind as a mean to escape the hash reality and the stress of being the heir of her family. After that, he will come to realize the Souma she loves is but an illusion she created and they being together is impossible since they're people of two different worlds thus will graduate from her illusion and become a better person. It will be a deep and meaningful ending.
Old 2015-06-08, 08:27   Link #5986
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It is certainly a possibility, Erina is used to always having what she wants, so getting rejected by Souma would be hilarious...but I still think that Souma will have to beat his final boss dad to get Erina's approval and seeing how Jouichirou is last boss material, the only other way I can think of right now is Erina just not encountering his father and leaving that battle for a later time.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 08:31   Link #5987
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Im trying to think a situation where they dont end together... but I cant, guess I'm too much into that shipping to picture a situation like that.
Old 2015-06-08, 08:38   Link #5988
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Completely agree with this. I also think Souma losing to Hayama is a brilliant and realistic move.

And that's also the reason why I believe Erina not ending up with Souma will be an interesting development the author could do (if he actually does it). Just think about it, from now on, the author will foreshadow tons of hint about Erina gradually opening up with people around her and falling for Souma, little by little. Their chemistry becomes more and more natural and comfortable, to the point readers may think an happy ending for them is inevitable. But in the end, it won't happen, Souma will reject Erina because he already has someone else in his heart. The whole mutual love between them is just something exists in her own mind as a mean to escape the hash reality and the stress of being the heir of her family. After that, he will come to realize the Souma she loves is but an illusion she created and they being together is impossible since they're people of two different worlds thus will graduate from her illusion and become a better person. It will be a deep and meaningful ending.
Soma losing to hayama is exactly the same principle as in Dragon ball having Goku lose to master Roshi. it shows you that you have more you can do to get stronger. After all if he had won that his motivation would probably be far less. Him losing gives him something to strive for and to improve.

By the way i find it rather hilarious how people are looking at the Erina/Soma ship for this reason. Having a character who didnt like the MC fall for him after originally hating him is a consistent trope in manga but its also a rather boring one. Do u know why ultimately erina will not end up with Soma. Because the person who needs the most change involved isnt Erina its Soma himself. Soma still has absolutely zero interest in entering into a relationship and even if Erina falls for him she just becomes the new version of Ikumi a girl who fell for Soma after looking down on him but its pointless because of the fact Soma doesnt care.
You've seen Ikumi do it and i suspect on a lesser level Alice as well. All of that however is useless because Soma still doesnt care. I mean seriously you watched him sit next to Erina and pretty much ignore her and that attitude will end any shipping talk.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 08:40   Link #5989
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
-snip-
... Seriously? You do love to jump to point B, when we're talking about point A.

Its okay, I'll leave you to your own devices.

Quote:
Eh.. I've said before, its either Erina or Megumi, no one else.

Anything can happen from now till the end, so let's see what Souma's take on romance is, since cooking & getting to the top of the school's his priority. Of course, Jouichirou's words can't be ignored, so he'd definitely end up with one of them.

I'd still give the edge to Erina, though, in case you're wondering.
Old 2015-06-08, 08:56   Link #5990
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

Eh.. I've said before, its either Erina or Megumi, no one else.

Anything can happen from now till the end, so let's see what Souma's take on romance is, since cooking & getting to the top of the school's his priority. Of course, Jouichirou's words can't be ignored, so he'd definitely end up with one of them.

I'd still give the edge to Erina, though, in case you're wondering.
PSY you clearly dont get it. Jouichiro's words can absolutely be ignored because they're what Jouichiro believes. Saying o his father said it so his son will follow it thats utter nonsense and you know it. Until Soma himself changes his view on romance there's no guarantee he'll end up with anybody.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-06-08, 08:59   Link #5991
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ It is certainly a possibility, Erina is used to always having what she wants, so getting rejected by Souma would be hilarious...but I still think that Souma will have to beat his final boss dad to get Erina's approval and seeing how Jouichirou is last boss material, the only other way I can think of right now is Erina just not encountering his father and leaving that battle for a later time.
Erina doesnt have a normal friendship with a girl-friend. Erina cant do stuff like whining about losing a match in front of many people. Erina doesnt even want to have everything, she achieved her status by her strength. Erina just happens to be born in a luxury family with talent with hot body...

You underestimated about Erina character and the authors. There is no way SnS's authors would create such simple heroine. Like how u guys make Souma's gifts sound so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Soma still has absolutely zero interest in entering into a relationship and even if Erina falls for him she just becomes the new version of Ikumi a girl who fell for Soma after looking down on him but its pointless because of the fact Soma doesnt care.
Then this will apply to every girl he meet, not only Erina or Ikumi

About romance, its a far far away future. Now Souma doesnt feel like dating, so does Erina. The only same thing comes from both of them

Quote:
And that's also the reason why I believe Erina not ending up with Souma will be an interesting development the author could do (if he actually does it). Just think about it, from now on, the author will foreshadow tons of hint about Erina gradually opening up with people around her and falling for Souma, little by little. Their chemistry becomes more and more natural and comfortable, to the point readers may think an happy ending for them is inevitable. But in the end, it won't happen, Souma will reject Erina because he already has someone else in his heart.
I see, u r one of those who worship Kishit.
I dont mind he ends with Megumi but I find this way of writing like trash I just want to throw all the Naruto manga I bought to the waste bin
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 09:02   Link #5992
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
PSY you clearly dont get it. Jouichiro's words can absolutely be ignored because they're what Jouichiro believes. Saying o his father said it so his son will follow it thats utter nonsense and you know it. Until Soma himself changes his view on romance there's no guarantee he'll end up with anybody.
So its nonsense because you believe its so?

Dude.. seriously.. if you wanna troll, you'd have to do a much better job than that.
Old 2015-06-08, 09:04   Link #5993
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post

Then this will apply to every girl he meet then
It already does. Think about it Megumi clearly has interest Ikumi does Alice does and yet nothings happened, If Erina does fall for him that just makes this a crappy harem like IS and the others. An MC that ignores the feelings of the girls and everybody keeps pushing for their favorite to win.

Old 2015-06-08, 09:28   Link #5994
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, I enjoy the fact that Erina somewhat become nicer toward Souma

anyway, Souma really need to team up with Polar Star Dorm.. I'm sure he won't be able to survive by himself... except if something miraculously happened like Erina helped Souma
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 09:32   Link #5995
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
So its nonsense because you believe its so?

Dude.. seriously.. if you wanna troll, you'd have to do a much better job than that.
PSY im not saying its nonsense because i believe it is. the problem is you guys are looking for a reason to bring shipping into a show that has absolutely no indication of it. Especially since the main male Soma has shown zero interest in romance or anything other then becoming the top cook.

I mean seriously if this was a harem series you'd be blasting him like most do Ichika and other MC's because of the fact he's ignoring these girls clearly showing interest in him.

Old 2015-06-08, 09:37   Link #5996
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well, I enjoy the fact that Erina somewhat become nicer toward Souma

anyway, Souma really need to team up with Polar Star Dorm.. I'm sure he won't be able to survive by himself... except if something miraculously happened like Erina helped Souma
It seems that way. From the last page, you could say subconsciously, she doesn't want to see Souma being expelled.

Eh.. him teaming up with the PSD's pretty much non-existent, since he submitted his name alone, & they're doing their own booth, as indicated by Isshiki.

Also, I don't think he'd want (direct) assistance from someone better than him, since he wouldn't see it as merit-worthy if he does acheive his goal.
Old 2015-06-08, 09:43   Link #5997
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
It seems that way. From the last page, you could say subconsciously, she doesn't want to see Souma being expelled.

Eh.. him teaming up with the PSD's pretty much non-existent, since he submitted his name alone, & they're doing their own booth, as indicated by Isshiki.

Also, I don't think he'd want (direct) assistance from someone better than him, since he wouldn't see it as merit-worthy if he does acheive his goal.
Seriously Erina's just doing what she always has done which is remind him whats actually at stake because Soma doesnt get it. Soma is naive one of the consistent things of this series is Soma taking actions without realizing the consequence. Erina more often then not has done that. You're pushing a little too much on the shipping.

Old 2015-06-08, 09:44   Link #5998
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
PSY im not saying its nonsense because i believe it is. the problem is you guys are looking for a reason to bring shipping into a show that has absolutely no indication of it. Especially since the main male Soma has shown zero interest in romance or anything other then becoming the top cook.

I mean seriously if this was a harem series you'd be blasting him like most do Ichika and other MC's because of the fact he's ignoring these girls clearly showing interest in him.
Did Tsukuda-sensei happen to tell you of the events leading up to the finale of the manga? If he did, please share it with us.

What has IS even got to with this? Its totally apples & oranges comparison.
Old 2015-06-08, 09:45   Link #5999
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Honestly, I can only see Takumi , Houji and Giganigga(if he is not helping Eizan) helping him. Kurokiba may do something with Alice, the same goes from Hayama and Jun. PSD will be doing their thing and Erina will be doing her things too. Nikumi is with the don so its a nono.
Old 2015-06-08, 09:48   Link #6000
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Seriously Erina's just doing what she always has done which is remind him whats actually at stake because Soma doesnt get it. Soma is naive one of the consistent things of this series is Soma taking actions without realizing the consequence. Erina more often then not has done that. You're pushing a little too much on the shipping.
So now your contrarian views are the universal truth?

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, school, shounen