AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 02:31   Link #6021
Meatrose
Antihero

I agree with Rising Dragon. The same thing can be said about every single popular character that ever died in a popular work of fiction. I don't know why so many people claim that "he might be resurrected in the future" like it's something that even resembles a valid argument. I don't know if it's due to the fact that people have a hard time letting go of Lelouch or if it's due to the fact Sunrise has a bunch of shameless and retconning guys working for them who wouldn't mind taking the original author's work and reducing it to a money-milking franchise.

The original authors went out of their way to really stress the point Lelouch is dead. They've said so themselves in interviews, they've released official post screening material that confirms the fact he's dead and they even recorded a new C.C. monologue and put it in the end of the Zero Reqiuem DVD. They're not going to be retconning Lelouch and they are the only people who have any say on Code Geass' canon. In order for something to be "canon" it has to be produced by the original author with the intention of producing "something that actually happened within the the show's canon". No Sunrise sequel can ever change the fact Lelouch is dead unless the original author acts as main writer. A Sunrise sequel where someone else is writing the story will never be anything more than ridiculously well-funded fanfiction set in a parallel universe.

Lelouch being dead is canon unless Okouchi/Taniguchi writes a sequel in which he is retconned. Sunrise can't do anything about it, no matter how many expensive non-canon sequels they may decide to produce. It lies within their power to produce non-canon sequels since they "own" the franchise, but they can't do anything at all about Code Geass' canon without the original author.

It may sound as if I'll never accept anything not written by Okouchi/Taniguchi as a real (canon) Code Geass production. Good, cause that's the truth.
Old 2009-10-13, 03:31   Link #6022
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I agree with Rising Dragon. The same thing can be said about every single popular character that ever died in a popular work of fiction. I don't know why so many people claim that "he might be resurrected in the future" like it's something that even resembles a valid argument. I don't know if it's due to the fact that people have a hard time letting go of Lelouch or if it's due to the fact Sunrise has a bunch of shameless and retconning guys working for them who wouldn't mind taking the original author's work and reducing it to a money-milking franchise.

The original authors went out of their way to really stress the point Lelouch is dead. They've said so themselves in interviews, they've released official post screening material that confirms the fact he's dead and they even recorded a new C.C. monologue and put it in the end of the Zero Reqiuem DVD. They're not going to be retconning Lelouch and they are the only people who have any say on Code Geass' canon. In order for something to be "canon" it has to be produced by the original author with the intention of producing "something that actually happened within the the show's canon". No Sunrise sequel can ever change the fact Lelouch is dead unless the original author acts as main writer. A Sunrise sequel where someone else is writing the story will never be anything more than ridiculously well-funded fanfiction set in a parallel universe.

Lelouch being dead is canon unless Okouchi/Taniguchi writes a sequel in which he is retconned. Sunrise can't do anything about it, no matter how many expensive non-canon sequels they may decide to produce. It lies within their power to produce non-canon sequels since they "own" the franchise, but they can't do anything at all about Code Geass' canon without the original author.

It may sound as if I'll never accept anything not written by Okouchi/Taniguchi as a real (canon) Code Geass production. Good, cause that's the truth.
Once again, you are acting like Lulu being dead doesn't mean R.R. can't live. People like me who say RR might be alive, did hold the belief while maintaining official canon. I am not contradicting anything said by the director.

People can and DO rise from the dead in Code Geass. In fact, while they were in that magical what's-it's-name, it was claimed that a mass-resurrection of anyone Lulu wanted was possible. The price was just too high for him to want to pay.

Granted, if a Code Geass sequel sucked, I would disown it faster than you. I just wouldn't disregard a show due to something as minor as directorial choice. Good is good, bad is bad.
Old 2009-10-13, 03:42   Link #6023
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And who, exactly, is this mysterious R.R.?
Old 2009-10-13, 03:43   Link #6024
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Yes it does

Being dead is the exact opposite of being immortal
vampires
Old 2009-10-13, 04:11   Link #6025
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And who, exactly, is this mysterious R.R.?
You tell me. Let's just say I suspect the 2nd season is called "Code Geass": R2, for a reason.

After all, what is "Code Geass", except someone who carries both Code and Geass?
Old 2009-10-13, 04:18   Link #6026
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You tell me. Let's just say I suspect the 2nd season is called "Code Geass": R2, for a reason.

After all, what is "Code Geass", except someone who carries both Code and Geass?
It was called R2 for a reason. "R2" was confirmed to mean Reconstruction and Revolution, two of the themes present in the second season. It has nothing to do with the Code names.

Furthermore, going by that Code Name logic, it would be L.L., as Lelouch is spelled canonically with an L, regardless of the Japanese's difficulty between L and R.

And finally, it was said by Word of God that the names like C.C. and V.V. have nothing to do with the character's original names. Making the previous point moot.
Old 2009-10-13, 04:32   Link #6027
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It was called R2 for a reason. "R2" was confirmed to mean Reconstruction and Revolution, two of the themes present in the second season. It has nothing to do with the Code names.

Furthermore, going by that Code Name logic, it would be L.L., as Lelouch is spelled canonically with an L, regardless of the Japanese's difficulty between L and R.

And finally, it was said by Word of God that the names like C.C. and V.V. have nothing to do with the character's original names. Making the previous point moot.
WAIT!

Cecile Croomy

C.C

CECILE CROOMY IS C.C! Devious!

Also

Sayoko Shinozaki is S.S
Mutsuki Minase is M.M
Kizuna Kagesaki is K.K
Anya Alstreim is A.A
Gilbert G.P. Guilford is G.G.G

Honestly Vallen Chaos Valient Lelouch's fate was announced in the guide, and that was released like 9 months ago.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 04:41   Link #6028
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

and how could you forget kallen kouzuki
Old 2009-10-13, 07:30   Link #6029
Android_17
.:Vengeance:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
Spoiler for Death Note:
yeah but here's the difference Lelouch knew Shirley and went to the same school while misa forced herself on Light because she had a crush on him and she spoiled a lot about the death note in front of L seriously even I would be pissed at misa for what she did
Old 2009-10-13, 08:20   Link #6030
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_17 View Post
yeah but here's the difference Lelouch knew Shirley and went to the same school while misa forced herself on Light because she had a crush on him and she spoiled a lot about the death note in front of L seriously even I would be pissed at misa for what she did
But Light met his old high school/university buddy, and he used her right to her very death. Lelouch would have hesitated.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 09:28   Link #6031
Laurcus
The black angel

About Light....you really can't blame him. Rule number 11 of the death note, The person in possession of the Death Note is possessed by a god of death, its original owner, until they die.

So blame Ryuk.

Edit: enough about Light lets get back on topic lol.
Old 2009-10-13, 09:48   Link #6032
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

There's a big difference between real life and a work of fiction. In real life if you are killed that's it, you ain't coming back. However, in fiction all it takes is a stroke of a pen and you are back.
Some brands can be successful with new casts like say Gundam, others need the original character. Code Geass without Lelouch in some way or another is nothing. I was just reading an article on I am Legend a while ago, and it was saying how the next movie is a sequel now and not a prequel
Spoiler for I am Legend:

Bringing back characters from the dead for financial gain is not something unheard of, it's all over the entertainment industry.
Old 2009-10-13, 09:53   Link #6033
Laurcus
The black angel

About the new picture drama, Revival Re:advent. It's being shown at an event called the miraculous rebirth, and we have the picture with Lelouch/kid Lelouch with the long hair. My theory is that a child will be born (no idea who the parents are) and he will look just like Lelouch and his parents will name him that.

15-20 years later something happens, maybe Suzaku dies or screws something up and the world needs Zero again. So the new Lelouch who looks, sounds, and acts exactly like the original will put on the mask of Zero and that will be the start of a season 3. I say season 3 because that's WAY too much for one picture drama.

So he has no Geass and gets in a real bind probably in just a few episodes.....then he meets C.C. touches her, and he gains all of the memories of being Lelouch + Geass, probably starts laughing like a psychopath and orders a bunch of people to kill themselves.

Now assuming my wild speculation that was made at 3:00am is anywhere near accurate, we can look at this in one of two ways. We could just say, as many on this forum have, that Sunrise is a bunch of munny grubbing assholes and are ruining the masterpiece made by the original writer/director. Or we can blame the original writer/director.

But Laurcus! Why would we do that? Well I can't help but feel that since this picture drama is called Revival Re:advent, and the second season was called R2, AND the last episode was called Re:. I think the writers have been planning this since episode 1 and they've been liars this whole time when they said that they didn't plan to make more Code Geass, and that was the real ending and such.

And if they make a season 3, and it sucks I will be one very angry (crazy) fanboy.

PS: No need to verbally point the Damocles at me and nuke away just because you think he should/want him to stay dead. This is just a random theory I came up with (that's very far fetched) based on my own speculation about the picture and name for the picture drama.
Old 2009-10-13, 12:27   Link #6034
Android_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
But Light met his old high school/university buddy, and he used her right to her very death. Lelouch would have hesitated.
Lelouch would have done the same but then again Light only killed Kiyomi because she was kidnapped by mello and there was the danger that the truth would be revealed so as to not take any risks he killed her I doubt it that he would kill her if mello didn't kidnap her

but we're kind of off-topic right now aren't we?
Old 2009-10-13, 12:32   Link #6035
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Lelouch would have done the same but then again Light only killed Kiyomi because she was kidnapped by mello and there was the danger that the truth would be revealed so as to not take any risks he killed her I doubt it that he would kill her if mello didn't kidnap her

but we're kind of off-topic right now aren't we?
kallen (who knows his ID) gets captured
lelouch's response is to panic and send his entire army to try and save her
thats QUITE the difference in responses to light, who killed kiyomi without a care
Old 2009-10-13, 15:13   Link #6036
Android_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
kallen (who knows his ID) gets captured
lelouch's response is to panic and send his entire army to try and save her
thats QUITE the difference in responses to light, who killed kiyomi without a care
true but he did risk the lives of many for just one person and coincidentally that person was his best knight
Old 2009-10-13, 15:19   Link #6037
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Errr... comparing Lelouch to Light doesn't really work - or at least, the parallels don't get all that far.
Light is a sociopath with a God complex who, much like Charles, couldn't accept human imperfection. Lelouch has some measure of faith in humanity, and he does indeed get very attached to others. He also has a much better excuse for having some serious issues than Light, seeing how his past wasn't all cake and Clovisland.
Old 2009-10-13, 16:11   Link #6038
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
true but he did risk the lives of many for just one person and coincidentally that person was his best knight
he sends his entire army to save one soldier

ok, next example
nunnaly gets captured, he drops everything in mid battle and goes after her
sheirly falls off a building and he jumps after her
suzaku is revealed to be the guy who keeps screwing his plans over, and instead of finishing him off when he has the chance, he pulls his forces back

lelouch has certain people for whom he risks everything
light is completely self centered
Old 2009-10-13, 23:00   Link #6039
Knightrunner

Quote:
And that best pilot can turn the tides for armies. Without the best pilot the black knights would be lost.

I'm not trying to defend light or anything because he is a socio path but didn't he reduce crime by 70 percent. I think I read that somewhere in the manga.

In terms with personality lelouch owns light.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 23:29   Link #6040
GundamFan0083

Oh for Crap-sake...we all know that Lelouch is as dead as Char Aznable...
err...Quatro Bagina...
uh...Full Frontal...
you know what I mean.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote