AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-28, 11:56   Link #6041
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Honestly? I'm happy that some LN stuff gets cut from the Anime, since it gives you a reason to buy them and honestly think that is a smart way to go about it. Just so you can get the complete picture of the story and fulfil the reason animes are created in the first place. Which is to boost sales for their manga/LN counterparts.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 19:50   Link #6042
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Honestly? I'm happy that some LN stuff gets cut from the Anime, since it gives you a reason to buy them and honestly think that is a smart way to go about it. Just so you can get the complete picture of the story and fulfil the reason animes are created in the first place. Which is to boost sales for their manga/LN counterparts.
I just hope they don't cut out Hikki's badass moments.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 10:26   Link #6043
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
As much as I would like to see all the various moments from the LNs adapted, the pacing would be horrid if too much was crammed in. Hikki's random musings and even some of the important monologues would be essentially blank spots to be filled in. Unless feel has enough crazy in them to turn monologues into bombastic scenes like Shaft does.

It's hard to avoid cutting and I'll hope they choose well in cutting away the correct parts, if only for the key scenes to truly shine. Which is another reason even with the revamped visuals, the story will suffer if they don't have a good grasp of the story to pare away the 'fat'. S1 gets a lot of flak for rushing but they did get the core of the story down even if certain characterization and interaction moments had to be excluded.

Just a thought I had.If volume 10 is anime material, I'll be very interested how exactly the memorandums will be covered, if just for a solid answer on who exactly the narrator(s) are.
What you are saying makes sense, but one can still hope..
I hardly think we'll get info on the narrator of the memorandums are though, even if they get around to volume 10. It is being kept a secret for a reason
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 12:46   Link #6044
encoreAC

The new Yukino design sucks.
encoreAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 13:16   Link #6045
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by encoreAC View Post
Seconded
Why only Yukino? Every one else look fine
Old 2015-03-29, 13:53   Link #6046
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by encoreAC View Post
I think she looks great *flies away*
I'm one of those people that really like the new design. The 1st season's character design has its charm but it still looks low quality to me, so I'm really happy with what we got.

PS: if there's one scene I really want to see it's this one from volume 9 :
Spoiler:

As an ex-HachimanXShizuka shipper, I'm begging you Kei Oikawa! Please make it happen!
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 16:09   Link #6047
reynoldszac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticMagus View Post
Seconded
Why only Yukino? Every one else look fine
I feel like they were trying emphasize her character getting more cheerful seeing as how she has friends now and that she's getting a brighter outlook on life ,and make her look less of a loner I could be wrong though, but it looks like they did get rid of her ice queen look then again it's only a preview trailer. Anyone else feel like Yui looks kinda like Misaka Mikoto because of the way they made her hair? Or am I just way late on that one. Definitely looking forward to this adaptation finale.
reynoldszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 19:46   Link #6048
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumeNoMonogatari View Post
I think she looks great *flies away*
I'm one of those people that really like the new design. The 1st season's character design has its charm but it still looks low quality to me, so I'm really happy with what we got.

PS: if there's one scene I really want to see it's this one from volume 9 :
Spoiler:

As an ex-HachimanXShizuka shipper, I'm begging you Kei Oikawa! Please make it happen!

Now that would be something.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I re-read that section a few times but decided to just leave it alone. I was just chicken, I guess.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 21:15   Link #6049
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynoldszac View Post
I feel like they were trying emphasize her character getting more cheerful seeing as how she has friends now and that she's getting a brighter outlook on life ,and make her look less of a loner I could be wrong though, but it looks like they did get rid of her ice queen look then again it's only a preview trailer. Anyone else feel like Yui looks kinda like Misaka Mikoto because of the way they made her hair? Or am I just way late on that one. Definitely looking forward to this adaptation finale.
I think so too, but I still find her eyes and the wide line of her lips a tad out of place. Nop, definitely not you; Yui sure looks like Mikoto except for the red hair..and..ummm..assets.
Old 2015-03-30, 04:50   Link #6050
amigos

i've long hesitated to ask the question,afraid that it was something obvious to everyone save me,but i can't help it, i must know:why,since vol.1,everytime Hachiman ask yukinon if they could become friend she immediately shot him down?
i could understand,later in the story,as she start to have feeling for him,but why the first time(was she looking down on him)?

Last edited by amigos; 2015-03-30 at 05:18.
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 05:37   Link #6051
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigos View Post
i've long hesitated to ask the question,afraid that it was something obvious to everyone save me,but i can't help it, i must know:why,since vol.1,everytime Hachiman ask yukinon if they could become friend she immediately shot him down?
i could understand,later in the story,as she start to have feeling for him,but why the first time(was she looking down on him)?
I think the 1st time she shot him down was because she really didn't want to be his friend, but the second time it was clearly for another reason (but I'm not sure what could it be).
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 07:44   Link #6052
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumeNoMonogatari View Post
I think the 1st time she shot him down was because she really didn't want to be his friend, but the second time it was clearly for another reason (but I'm not sure what could it be).
I think the second time, she was implying that they already were friends. I mean, she did put a clever spin on the connotations there by saying she never lies immediately afterwards..
Old 2015-03-30, 09:07   Link #6053
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigos View Post
Because she wanted something genuine from the start.

Spoiler for Yukino's words Volume 1:

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 10:02   Link #6054
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

Spoiler for megami magazine:

Last edited by silvercrow108; 2015-03-30 at 10:14.
silvercrow108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 10:26   Link #6055
nsan

just finished season 1 is there any difference between novel and anime. after season 1 which volume to continue.
nsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 15:43   Link #6056
csuree
The Most Hated™

yeah there is huge difference.. I suggest reading the light novels (2-3 hours / day and in a week u finish them all); so much juicy stuff was left out of the anime.

Also season 1 finished at volume 6, the second season will most likely cover volumes 7-8-9 and some extras.

suggesting strongly on reading the LN, if u have time u can finish 6 volumes before anime starts
Old 2015-03-30, 20:25   Link #6057
reynoldszac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticMagus View Post
I think so too, but I still find her eyes and the wide line of her lips a tad out of place. Nop, definitely not you; Yui sure looks like Mikoto except for the red hair..and..ummm..assets.
Lol Hopefully Yukino's look will grow on everyone including me. Also tried to leave out the asset part thought lmao. Are they in their last year of high school? If they are I feel like they added the more adult(mature) look to show it. Still can't wait to see how this ends and who will be the end girl if one's picked. I can see them trying to dodge fan rage though and leaving it open ended. Either way i'm way too hyped for this.
reynoldszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 21:51   Link #6058
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynoldszac View Post
Lol Hopefully Yukino's look will grow on everyone including me. Also tried to leave out the asset part thought lmao. Are they in their last year of high school? If they are I feel like they added the more adult(mature) look to show it. Still can't wait to see how this ends and who will be the end girl if one's picked. I can see them trying to dodge fan rage though and leaving it open ended. Either way i'm way too hyped for this.
They're in their second year, I think. By the end of 10th, the summer break was around the corners -- so maybe volume 11 will be the start of third year? Don't take my word on that, Japanese class hierarchy is so different from what we have here that it weird me out sometimes.
Old 2015-03-30, 22:04   Link #6059
Heat066

Yo guys, saw this on Pixiv and just had to post it, it's beyond gorgeous.

Spoiler for I can't...:

It's like it was made for a VN.
Old 2015-03-30, 22:17   Link #6060
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Yo guys, saw this on Pixiv and just had to post it, it's beyond gorgeous.

Spoiler for I can't...:

It's like it was made for a VN.
I can't see the image
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck