AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-24, 05:59   Link #6061
Lucidrago

Well then why didn't you say that.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 12:45   Link #6062
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
the possibilities of tiamat diminish if it does not end in the nobility and if we add that they are already low due to the revived ddraig that has a story with tiamat.
Ise can still have Tiamat in the harem, you know? His peerage doubles as part of his harem, but it's not limited to it. Notice he does have girls outside his peerage that are in his harem. Tiamat can be one of them. It's just that he has to get back her treasure first.

And it says in LNs that Gods and God-class beings can't be reincarnated. Someone that's already a Reincarnated Devil can become a God or God-class being later, though. But this also means that he can't reincarnate Verrine. Verrine can be in his harem in general, but she can't be in his peerage since she's a Super Devil.

I'll have to apologize about something. In the Shin V1 spoilers, when Ise makes Ingvild into his servant and her 12 wings come out, Ise remembers the time when his wings cam out and smiled (the time in Volume 1 when the members of the ORC introduced themselves to him and his wings automatically came out with everyone else's through resonance or whatever that was). Rias doesn't say anything about Ingvild's case being like when she reincarnated Ise. But that being said, what I was remembering when I said that was her saying this in Volume 1 "New Life":
Quote:
“When I was trying to reincarnate you, the only pieces I had left were 1 Knight, 1 Rook, 1 Bishop and 8 Pawns. To make you into my servant, I could only use all 8 pieces of Pawn. And your compatibility with the Pawn was also good. The other pieces didn’t have the power to reincarnate you. To begin with, the value of [Pawn] is still a mystery. Also including its [Promotion]. That’s why I gambled on that possibility. As a result, you were the best.”
The bold-faced part. That can be inferred as saying that the Pieces do choose the person, right? I mean, after all, how would Rias know what Piece is compatible with Ise and which isn't if she can't somehow tell through the Pieces themselves?

As for Ise's and Rias' respective goals. The one who wants to be Champion of Rating Games isn't just Rias, it's Ise as well. Ise has already said he wants to become Champion as well. It's just that he wants to make Rias the Champion first--but this means he'll make her the Champion while participating as her Pawn. And Rias can still beat Diehauser and become Champion in the professional Rating Games; it's not like it absolutely has to happen in this tournament. I also actually think it'll be better if she beats Diehauser in the professional Rating Games with her full peerage and when Ise is with her. She could still beat Diehauser in this tournament, but to me it won't feel right if she does it without Ise being in her team. And another goal Ise has is to become the strongest Pawn. The Ultimate Pawn. Rias told him to go for that and he accepted it as one of his goals. Don't forget that.

I'm not sure about Kiryuu being in his harem. Let's just wait and see on that.

I think Lint can still be in his harem. She lives at his house and the relationship she has with Cao Cao that was hinted at in the Shin V1 preview is just one of a teacher (Cao Cao) and student (Lint) from the looks of it; this was their conversation from what I've read:
Lint: "You're....Sig-sensei's....."
Cao Cao: "Yeah, I'm a friend of Siegfried's".
Lint: "So can I call you 'Cao Cao-sensei'?"
Cao Cao: "Do whatever you want."

Does that make it seem like they'll be a romantic couple?
Old 2018-07-24, 13:29   Link #6063
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ise can still have Tiamat in the harem, you know? His peerage doubles as part of his harem, but it's not limited to it. Notice he does have girls outside his peerage that are in his harem. Tiamat can be one of them. It's just that he has to get back her treasure first.

And it says in LNs that Gods and God-class beings can't be reincarnated. Someone that's already a Reincarnated Devil can become a God or God-class being later, though. But this also means that he can't reincarnate Verrine. Verrine can be in his harem in general, but she can't be in his peerage since she's a Super Devil.

I'll have to apologize about something. In the Shin V1 spoilers, when Ise makes Ingvild into his servant and her 12 wings come out, Ise remembers the time when his wings cam out and smiled (the time in Volume 1 when the members of the ORC introduced themselves to him and his wings automatically came out with everyone else's through resonance or whatever that was). Rias doesn't say anything about Ingvild's case being like when she reincarnated Ise. But that being said, what I was remembering when I said that was her saying this in Volume 1 "New Life":

The bold-faced part. That can be inferred as saying that the Pieces do choose the person, right? I mean, after all, how would Rias know what Piece is compatible with Ise and which isn't if she can't somehow tell through the Pieces themselves?

As for Ise's and Rias' respective goals. The one who wants to be Champion of Rating Games isn't just Rias, it's Ise as well. Ise has already said he wants to become Champion as well. It's just that he wants to make Rias the Champion first--but this means he'll make her the Champion while participating as her Pawn. And Rias can still beat Diehauser and become Champion in the professional Rating Games; it's not like it absolutely has to happen in this tournament. I also actually think it'll be better if she beats Diehauser in the professional Rating Games with her full peerage and when Ise is with her. She could still beat Diehauser in this tournament, but to me it won't feel right if she does it without Ise being in her team. And another goal Ise has is to become the strongest Pawn. The Ultimate Pawn. Rias told him to go for that and he accepted it as one of his goals. Don't forget that.

I'm not sure about Kiryuu being in his harem. Let's just wait and see on that.

I think Lint can still be in his harem. She lives at his house and the relationship she has with Cao Cao that was hinted at in the Shin V1 preview is just one of a teacher (Cao Cao) and student (Lint) from the looks of it; this was their conversation from what I've read:
Lint: "You're....Sig-sensei's....."
Cao Cao: "Yeah, I'm a friend of Siegfried's".
Lint: "So can I call you 'Cao Cao-sensei'?"
Cao Cao: "Do whatever you want."

Does that make it seem like they'll be a romantic couple?
I think you ignored the ddraig factor that may be the biggest obstacle in the hamam tiamat, without counting their almost null interaction and being the find a treasure plus a burden due to the negligence of ddraig make there are little possibilities.

not to mention that the harem of issei so far all his harem have been original characters of dxd (rosseweise is original dxd, there is nothing that says the same of the opera and if you do not believe me bring something to confirm it) and not of real mythology ...

it is more likely aika or lint in the harem than the same tiamat, but it is still a candidate,since for dxd all single girls are candidates until proven otherwise.

Last edited by godz; 2018-07-24 at 13:51.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 14:28   Link #6064
Lex79

It's an harem LN, no matter how little interaction they had before, or not much Tiamat might be hostile to Ddraig or Issei, it would only take him going through a really dangerous situation to give her back her treasure to have her falling for him. It's how harems work.
Not saying it's going to happen for sure....but I won't be the slightest bit surprised by such a development.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 15:10   Link #6065
Lucidrago

This harem seems to be limited to girls Issei's age. Not mythological beings who are thousands of years old.
Old 2018-07-24, 15:17   Link #6066
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
This harem seems to be limited to girls Issei's age. Not mythological beings who are thousands of years old.
Well, he has one that 117 years old now.

We'll get there eventually.
Old 2018-07-24, 17:10   Link #6067
Lucidrago

Still 17 years old mentally though.
Old 2018-07-24, 17:14   Link #6068
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Still 17 years old mentally though.
Well, sure, but most mythological beings could be described in terms of human mental age.
Old 2018-07-24, 17:58   Link #6069
B214

Literally like every girl who's not married can become a harem candidate Now. You can say otherwise like they are a couple and so on but as long as they're not married yet it means there's still a possibility for the person to fall in love with Ise.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 18:03   Link #6070
XFire
150% done

Plot twist, Azazel's gender bender gun goes crazy and turns every guy but Issei into a girl. As the only man left he becomes the communal husband of the world.

Old 2018-07-24, 18:59   Link #6071
DragonOsman
Dragon King

About what I said before regarding God-class beings: Le Fay says that in Volume 12 "New Life", when Azazel says according to the translation we have on BT that God-class beings can't be reincarnated, he's saying that "Divine-class" (maybe those "those with divinity"?) can't be reincarnated. And Surtr Second was reincarnated, so it's also possible that a powerful enough Devil can reincarnate God-class beings. Just not actual Gods. So Ophis or Great Red can't be made into Devils, but Verrine or Balberith can.

@B214: I still say that those who are married or those who are in a romantic relationship with or are in love with someone else can't be in Ise's peerage. I just don't think either of those things apply to Tiamat.

@godz: Well, I still say Tiamat being in his harem is still possible. I'm not sure about peerage, but I think her being in his harem is still possible until proven otherwise. But if she has romantic feelings for Ddraig then she's out. Either way, Ise has to get her treasure back first.
Old 2018-07-24, 19:39   Link #6072
Lucidrago

I thought we were over this thing about Ddraig having feelings for Tiamat. That was debunked when Volume 23 was released.

By saying that Tiamat could be in his peerage, we can say that basically every female not married or in a relationship should be in Issei's peerage.

Kind of ironic as I was the main one on the Tiamat hype train.
Old 2018-07-25, 09:58   Link #6073
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm not talking about Ddraig having feelings for Tiamat. I'm talking Tiamat having feelings for Ddraig--which actually is still possible. Ise could still add Tiamat's daughter (if she has one) to his harem and maybe peerage if Tiamat herself is somehow or for some reason off-limits. But I'd rather it be Tiamat herself if possible. And I don't get why you're saying that Tiamat being added to the peerage would mean every female not already married or in a relationship should be in the peerage. It's not like that.
Old 2018-07-25, 10:38   Link #6074
Lex79

Quote:
I thought we were over this thing about Ddraig having feelings for Tiamat. That was debunked when Volume 23 was released.

By saying that Tiamat could be in his peerage, we can say that basically every female not married or in a relationship should be in Issei's peerage.

Kind of ironic as I was the main one on the Tiamat hype train.
Tiamat could be in Issei's harem because now she has a connection with him for the treasure incident that could easily bring her to fall for him. The same for Roygun since she appears interested in him and joined his team for the tournament. I'd say also Yasaka but that likely won't happen because it would be weird for Kunou.
There are also other characters that makes little to no sense in Issei's harem, like Serafall that never shown interest in him or Sona who is already Saji's love interest. So no, Tiamat in the harem does not imply that every other female character could or should be the same.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-25, 10:52   Link #6075
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I'm not talking about Ddraig having feelings for Tiamat. I'm talking Tiamat having feelings for Ddraig--which actually is still possible. Ise could still add Tiamat's daughter (if she has one) to his harem and maybe peerage if Tiamat herself is somehow or for some reason off-limits. But I'd rather it be Tiamat herself if possible. And I don't get why you're saying that Tiamat being added to the peerage would mean every female not already married or in a relationship should be in the peerage. It's not like that.
Just that there's really nothing proving she would be in his harem or peerage. You're saying she could have feelings for Ddraig when none have been proven. I could easily say that Yasaka could have feelings for Issei and every other girl for that matter.

I doubt Tiamat has a daughter.

Again It's like if a female even glances in Issei's direction, people want said female in the harem/peerage.

I wonder how long before people start wanting the married ones to be with Issei. And I feel that someone's even going to even try to put Issei's mother in the harem.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-07-25 at 16:32.
Old 2018-07-25, 14:23   Link #6076
Parry999

Quote:
Just that there's really nothing proving she would be in his harem or peerage. You're saying she could have feelings for Ddraig when none have been proven. I could easily say that Yasaka could have feelings for Issei and every other girl for that matter.

I doubt Tiamat has a daughter.

Again It's like if a female even glances in Issei's direction, people want said female in the harem/peerage.

I wonder how long before people start wanting the married ones to be with Issei. And I feel that someone's even going to even try to put Issei's not her in the harem.
Your like 4 years to late. Second no one is really saying everyone needs to bang Issei.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 05:59   Link #6077
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Why not Nyx
Old 2018-07-26, 06:06   Link #6078
Lucidrago

Because she's into incest, that's why.
Old 2018-07-26, 09:11   Link #6079
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Nyx is in a relationship with her own brother, same as in the original myth.

@Lucidrago: I'm not the type to want every girl that even so much as glances in Ise's direction to be in his harem. And I sure as hell wouldn't his mother to be in it. And who the hell is talking about proof that Tiamat will be in his harem or peerage? You really don't get what I'm trying to say, do you? I'm saying I have an "Ise harem member wish list" and that Tiamat is in it (as is Gabriel). And nothing really disproves the notion of the possibility of Tiamat being in his harem. At least I haven't seen anything like that.

Ise needs to get Tiamat her treasure back first. We'll see what happens after that.
Old 2018-07-26, 10:51   Link #6080
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

i think we can cast aside character like Gabriel and Tiamat now. While we trying to figure out who will be the next one joining Issei's harem with a bunch of already existing female character, Ishi on the other hand create new character for Issei's harem.

@Osman: we all know that in Greek myth, god in relationship just for the sake of relationship, there is hardly any real romantic feeling between them, so............

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance, true harem