AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 10:59   Link #6101
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Screwing the rules to the point that I plan to have Touma actually talk down to a god and still elevating Othinus as his superior in power despite wielding 2 Imagine Breakers and 2 invisible things.

Othinus herself was able to escape the effects of the fairy spell with the help of the local magicians, but it's already eaten away at her abilities as a majin. She's kind of somewhere in the middle of the two. She can store telesma and force her way back into a majin and even more telesma to force her way back to a state where she pushed her probabilities to one extreme. But such would only last seconds, maybe less than a second.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 17:12   Link #6102
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Screwing the rules to the point that I plan to have Touma actually talk down to a god and still elevating Othinus as his superior in power despite wielding 2 Imagine Breakers and 2 invisible things.

Othinus herself was able to escape the effects of the fairy spell with the help of the local magicians, but it's already eaten away at her abilities as a majin. She's kind of somewhere in the middle of the two. She can store telesma and force her way back into a majin and even more telesma to force her way back to a state where she pushed her probabilities to one extreme. But such would only last seconds, maybe less than a second.
ah.. your powering him up? I don't like that.

I prefer Touma as he is. Though I would like him to use some weapons or gadgets from the science side or sci-fi series. Like a multi-crossover. With his time in infinity phase? I would think he has lots of idea of advance technology. But the problem is working on them.

Ne needs speed and speed he will get in AT.

as for weapon a alchemy metal from Chrome Shelled Regios series. Where the weapon is pact into small but when restore the form of weapon is revealed. I image touma wielding 2 hand guns for short to middle. dagger for short and sniper for long.

As for IB? really 1 is all that he needs. But he need it to change its form. Not the basic stuck on his right fist.

I also imagine Touma with strings. 7 strings. 100 strings 1000 steel threads.

Imagine the form of IB turning into a hand gun, a riffle, a dagger or steel threads. Steel threads would be probably the most deadly.

But the concentrated part is a spear.

A spear for throwing

a spear for killing

a spear for correcting.
Old 2014-03-21, 20:05   Link #6103
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I thought Touma's IB would be more interesting with 2 of them instead of allowing it to change form. It's not so much a power-up as an added tool. The only thing that powers up is Touma's misfortune. The passive negation of divine protection and in Campione's case, the negation of a god's influence. For example, Athena's darkness and death aura. If Kamijou would appear before her, lights would begin to work around him and the feeling of death dissipates the closer you are to him.

I thought that having 2 Imagine Breaker is more interesting than free form for another reason. Free form means that IB can become anything. As you said, a sword, a gun, a spear. Maybe it can even become armor. I thought that something needed to be different. So what if he had Imagine Breaker on both hands instead? No more, no less, just both of his hands.it has advantages and disadvantages. In TAMNI he never needed a second Imagine Breaker because he was fighting humans. A punch would be just as painful as it ever was. Fighting gods in Campione's will be different. He needs Imagine Breaker as defense as well as offense, a normal punch won't work.
Old 2014-03-21, 23:30   Link #6104
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

Then! Then! The one on the right cancels, the one on the left transform, and make him wear a glove on the left.
DsCrystalEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:50   Link #6105
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not sure of the full extent of what I'll give Touma. The complete set of abilities I would be willing to give him can allow the feling of lower gods easily. Higher tier gods can still kill him in a moment's notice though.

The left Imagine Breaker would function just as his right Imagine Breaker normally does.
Old 2014-03-22, 09:02   Link #6106
tsunade666

Quote:
I thought Touma's IB would be more interesting with 2 of them instead of allowing it to change form. It's not so much a power-up as an added tool. The only thing that powers up is Touma's misfortune. The passive negation of divine protection and in Campione's case, the negation of a god's influence. For example, Athena's darkness and death aura. If Kamijou would appear before her, lights would begin to work around him and the feeling of death dissipates the closer you are to him.

I thought that having 2 Imagine Breaker is more interesting than free form for another reason. Free form means that IB can become anything. As you said, a sword, a gun, a spear. Maybe it can even become armor. I thought that something needed to be different. So what if he had Imagine Breaker on both hands instead? No more, no less, just both of his hands.it has advantages and disadvantages. In TAMNI he never needed a second Imagine Breaker because he was fighting humans. A punch would be just as painful as it ever was. Fighting gods in Campione's will be different. He needs Imagine Breaker as defense as well as offense, a normal punch won't work.
left and right?.... hmmm probably still not. He will probably need other tools because I think IB alone won't be much help. Sure it can kill the god if it reaches them but how will he reach them?

If not free forming then just right hand is fine for me. But he will have other tools to compensate for it. Because just having it stuck on his fist would be huge disadvantage he can take for a 1 hit kill move but the problem is distance and speed to execute.

A long range god will be troublesome than a god that enter his range of attack.

I still see a 2 IB as an advantage and disadvantage. I would prefer if he keeps his 1 IB on his right hand and a free left hand that can use different mundane tools. Mundane tools provided by a kihara. Thus Made in Kihara.
Old 2014-03-22, 10:34   Link #6107
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I guess it does sound cooler using mundane tools to beat gods

Indeed the speed and range required become a huge problem for Touma. His current self can't handle deities on a higher order. But eventually it just means there's room left for him to grow. Also, at the very least he has the ability to avoid instant death. What I want to give his precognition is additional properties.

1 - precognition can now read what can or cannot be negated. In the attack, he can sense which parts of the attack can be negated. For example when a god tries to punch him, can he negate the force along with the god's fist? Stuff like that.

2 - his precognition can adapt to pace. Doesn't matter how fast or slow the enemy is, his precognition kicks in at the proper timing. Even if his enemy keeps changing the pace of moves, he will eventually fall into a pattern. The pattern of varying paces will then be adapted to.
Old 2014-03-22, 11:18   Link #6108
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

We could have Othinus threw him into the god like Gunha did to Misaka But isn't two IB in both hands kinda restrict him in his normal life? For an instance, one he isn't allowed to kill, like Kazakiri? I suppose a glove would provide a solution. Extra man points for taking off the glove before the battle.
DsCrystalEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 11:24   Link #6109
tsunade666

Quote:
For example when a god tries to punch him, can he negate the force along with the god's fist? Stuff like that.
He doesn't need an upgrade on precognition because it works on data from his past battle and when it comes to battle. No one beats a million times battling against a magic god. He has plenty of it. Even though he said it only works against Othinus. I call that bullsh*t of the author to make Touma as normal as possible.

As for Stopping the punch of the god. As long as its a god which is pure creation from divine energy/Telesma it will be negated. So stopping a punch won't be a problem. it will even outright kill the god. With no exception. Look at what happen to Gabriel when it made contact with IB. It exploded/killed and returned to heaven. Though there would probably be a problem if a god has an authority that anchors him here or he/she has a core that needs to be destroyed for it to be beaten or killed.
Old 2014-03-22, 11:46   Link #6110
LevelSeven

a different idea:

toumas right hand can change abilitys of people...

so: touma touches mikoto and gains all her knowledge and ability but not the experience, so he can use her powers until he looses consciousness or starts to sleep...

it works for every ability, of course it is hard to touch accel and i think i will let fiamma also out (because of being OP chars XD),

even magical abilitys

the rules are a bit twisted, accel can reach Level 6 and fiamma can reach lsdap through hard work, if toumas right hand is severed he can use every copyed ability which forms itself in a strange aura and a demon-like hand....

a story how he would fight others if his ability would be powerbased instead of negating....
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 12:38   Link #6111
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He doesn't need an upgrade on precognition because it works on data from his past battle and when it comes to battle. No one beats a million times battling against a magic god. He has plenty of it. Even though he said it only works against Othinus. I call that bullsh*t of the author to make Touma as normal as possible.

As for Stopping the punch of the god. As long as its a god which is pure creation from divine energy/Telesma it will be negated. So stopping a punch won't be a problem. it will even outright kill the god. With no exception. Look at what happen to Gabriel when it made contact with IB. It exploded/killed and returned to heaven. Though there would probably be a problem if a god has an authority that anchors him here or he/she has a core that needs to be destroyed for it to be beaten or killed.
It's precisely because he's had a million battle simulations with Othinus that his precognition becomes like that. He can't predict the moves but he can tell the properties. The change of attack patterns and pacing from Othinus attacks teach his precognition how to keep changing.

Also, it's not always a one punch situation.
Old 2014-03-24, 02:23   Link #6112
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

An idea that never quite made it. Posted here so I don’t regret never sharing it.

Panda Hero – Title is reference to the Gekota Rangers ( a super sentai parody I created that first appeared in Super Endymion SS ). Also a reference to a somewhat popular Vocaloid song. The idea is a loosely related prequel/sequel to Super Collider showing what Accelerator was up to during those events.

For those who have forgotten the plot of Super Collider ( did Super Collider have a plot? )a short summary is described below.

Spoiler for Super Collider Summary:

Panda Hero's plot: Accelerator briefly joins Judgement and at one point has to dress up as a panda to get punched for the filming of the Gekota Ranger Movie seen in Super Endymion SS.

Beginning scene where Kuroko learns about the new recruit.

Spoiler for Kuroko's Premonition:

And an additional scene with Accelerator and Uiharu.
Spoiler for Accelerator makes coffee:

Last edited by rubix22; 2014-03-24 at 02:42.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:49   Link #6113
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Othinus as a fairy means she's now only akin to a lower god right? What if she has a way to restore her majin-status... But it requires her to act like a Japanese kami, with her own shrine and she has to grant the wishes of people and stuff?
Old 2014-03-24, 10:03   Link #6114
tsunade666

Quote:
Othinus as a fairy means she's now only akin to a lower god right? What if she has a way to restore her majin-status... But it requires her to act like a Japanese kami, with her own shrine and she has to grant the wishes of people and stuff?
Not really. The fae in Arthurian's story is a godlike existence. its just a different in view and probably aspect. So I can't call a fae as a lower god but a different being but can be said same as god.
Old 2014-03-24, 10:16   Link #6115
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But don't those gods draw power from their believers?
Old 2014-03-24, 10:35   Link #6116
tsunade666

Quote:
But don't those gods draw power from their believers?
Yes, for typical central gods need believers but others aren't. Gods that feeds on dreams or deaths, plague or misery doesn't need the believers to feed them with faith. They can relieve and be stable on their own. As long as there are people to harvest on.

Its hard to classify on what a god is because there are lots of them.
Old 2014-03-28, 05:13   Link #6117
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Touma's IB only reaches up to his wrist right? Would it be considered an improvement if its effect reached up to his elbow? or maybe even shoulder?
Old 2014-03-28, 05:41   Link #6118
LevelSeven

strange enough is (that despite the fact that his active negating is limited to his wrist) that his healing ability runs over his whole arm... or maybe his whole body but accel tops toumas healing speed....

Quote:
Would it be considered an improvement if its effect reached up to his elbow? or maybe even shoulder?
if you want to make a fanifc about him with a extended IB than you could also give him a whole body IB...
in the beginning he would look OP but their are so many ways do defeat him even with that, as example: mikoto would easily defeat him, the same goes for every level 5, kanzaki and evryone who can attack with non-supernatural things, a interesting fight would be whole body IB vs Aero hand, even if he can negate that im curious if he could also cancel the acceleration...
Old 2014-03-28, 06:28   Link #6119
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
strange enough is (that despite the fact that his active negating is limited to his wrist) that his healing ability runs over his whole arm... or maybe his whole body but accel tops toumas healing speed....

if you want to make a fanifc about him with a extended IB than you could also give him a whole body IB...
in the beginning he would look OP but their are so many ways do defeat him even with that, as example: mikoto would easily defeat him, the same goes for every level 5, kanzaki and evryone who can attack with non-supernatural things, a interesting fight would be whole body IB vs Aero hand, even if he can negate that im curious if he could also cancel the acceleration...
I think your forgetting that Touma's RIGHT HAND is special itself. Fiamma said that its a perfect container for power. That itself hinted A LOT OF THINGS. The thing that Fiamma wanted from Touma is his right hand to material his own holy right. He doesn't want Imagine Breaker.

As for having a whole body IB. It will just give him more disadvantage than advantage.

As for IB vs Areo hand . It depends if the object already left the AIM field of the esper or its already been launch and just moving on its own. Remember, that IB can even negate railgun and Aqua's super overkill dive in vol 16.

All the power behind the attacks are negated as along as its powered by super natural abilities BUT if its just after effect of the abilities then it can't be negated.
Old 2014-03-28, 08:08   Link #6120
LevelSeven

Quote:
I think your forgetting that Touma's RIGHT HAND is special itself. Fiamma said that its a perfect container for power. That itself hinted A LOT OF THINGS. The thing that Fiamma wanted from Touma is his right hand to material his own holy right. He doesn't want Imagine Breaker.
i dont think that his right hand can be special without IB, what whould this be??

fiamma wanted the right hand because it contained IB, since he thought that IB is the perfect tool to purify the original sin he wanted it, not because anything special in his own right hand...

Quote:
As for having a whole body IB. It will just give him more disadvantage than advantage.
why ?? i think it would be a good matchup with the other beings, against pure supernatual powers he would be OP and agaisnt everything else he would need to struggle even more than normal

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction