AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 18:42   Link #6121
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Personally I think that cutting the line before the hurricane closed the island off the rest of the world was too much of a risk. What if someone noticed?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:46   Link #6122
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Personally I think that cutting the line before the hurricane closed the island off the rest of the world was too much of a risk. What if someone noticed?
If someone noticed there wouldn't be much of a difference in how things happened. At the most maybe the family meeting would've been moved to a later date if they discovered it, but even if they did and that didn't happen I don't think any major suspicions would be put on anyone. All the family members are guests on the island and they have to be treated politely. Even if Krauss and Natsuhi suspected that one of them cut the external line they wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:54   Link #6123
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

The ideal time to cut it would be late at night, or at least after dinner. At that point no one's around, you can blame the storm, and no one will discover it for hours.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:04   Link #6124
Judoh
Mystery buff

Also are we sure no one else besides the servants know how to cut the line? Besides Battler many of the family members have been visiting the island for the family meeting every year. It's possible at least one of them knows where both the internal and external phone lines are and how they work. Although the addition of the guesthouse might make for a more recent change to the phone line that would add a problem.
Old 2010-02-13, 20:50   Link #6125
LaplaceNoMa

I'd like to say something not related to your discussions but still pretty important:

For Christ's sake, put any ep6 information in spoiler tags. This thread should be considered ep6-safe ONLY when the translation comes.

Thank you.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:26   Link #6126
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
I'd like to say something not related to your discussions but still pretty important:

For Christ's sake, put any ep6 information in spoiler tags. This thread should be considered ep6-safe ONLY when the translation comes.

Thank you.
Trust me, some of us did try a bit, at least early on, but in my experience even if I mark EP6 spoilers it gets quoted or discussed without the spoiler tag and it kind of veers off from there. So with more minor spoilers or things that are being generally discussed it's gotten kind of pointless.

It'd be nice if we headed in this direction though or made a temporary thread for translated portions only (until Witch-Hunt catches up), I agree. Because this thread has never really been safe for anybody who hasn't read up to the current Japanese episode, in my experience, and there's not a specific rule against what spoilers can "go".

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:30   Link #6127
Judoh
Mystery buff

We can at least be considerate of others though. I haven't seen that many episode 6 spoilers here lately. Just one or two, but it's nothing that would ruin the story for me.
Old 2010-02-13, 21:46   Link #6128
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, agreed. I wasn't saying that it was a good thing that this thread has never been safe by any means.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 22:50   Link #6129
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Release date: 30th December 09 (Comiket 77)

Thread Guidelines:

If any of you would like to weave theories and the like, please post in the [Game] Umineko - Spoilers and speculations thread instead.
I think the problem is we're not allowed to speculate theories in the episode 6 thread yet. The quote is from the guidelines in the episode 6 thread.
Old 2010-02-13, 23:53   Link #6130
Kurizu204

Since Hachijou wrote ep 3-6 then shouldn't everything be solvable with ep 1-2?
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:17   Link #6131
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurizu204 View Post
Since Hachijou wrote ep 3-6 then shouldn't everything be solvable with ep 1-2?
In theory, yes. But that's akin to guessing the correct word out of the entire English language without any defined constraints. The later EPs make the story more difficult by adding extra mysteries, but solving those mysteries in theory will give you the ability to see Rokkenjima for what it really is. Thus, you'd be able to practically solve EPs 1 and 2 only with 3+.
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:50   Link #6132
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
In theory, yes. But that's akin to guessing the correct word out of the entire English language without any defined constraints. The later EPs make the story more difficult by adding extra mysteries, but solving those mysteries in theory will give you the ability to see Rokkenjima for what it really is. Thus, you'd be able to practically solve EPs 1 and 2 only with 3+.
Actually, EP 2 is suppose to be the hardest of all the games. Ryukishi himself even said it was the most challenging. The other games have a significantly reduced difficulty level and in-game it says that Beatrice called for Ronove and Virgilia to appear in EP 3, in order to help Battler out since he had such a hard time in the 2nd game.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:29   Link #6133
Pinguma

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I think there might be a way to actually establish Rosa's complete innocence and involvement in the first twilight.

Taken from my (currently incomplete) EP2 theory:
Spoiler for EP2 First Twilight:
Pinguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:50   Link #6134
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

If this is the key to solve the mystery then the anime messed up quite badly because I think it modified the sentence including "locking"in it.

Old 2010-02-14, 10:56   Link #6135
Raneh
Storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinguma View Post

Taken from my (currently incomplete) EP2 theory:
In the anime there was a red text like this
jap: 礼拝堂の施錠は礼拝堂の鍵以外では開錠不可能!
eng: It is impossible to unlock the lock to the chapel without the chapel's key!
I know the anime isn't really a reliable source but I don't know why they would add red text unless they were sure it's true (like Ryukishi's confirmation)

Edit: Agreed with Jan-Poo, they already fucked up by excluding reds so I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was incorrect..
Old 2010-02-14, 11:18   Link #6136
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

A small correction, what Raneh reported is the novel sentence. As it was written by Klashikari here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...85#post2593385

the anime sentence is: 礼拝堂のは礼拝堂の鍵以外では施錠も開錠も不可能!

As you can see it's exactly the same as in the novel, except they added that part which means "lock and" and they changed the "lock" into "door" so the translation becomes: It is impossible to lock and unlock the door to the chapel without the chapel's key!

Old 2010-02-14, 11:29   Link #6137
Raneh
Storyteller

Ah, yes, pasted the wrong sentence. Anyway I don't think others red texts have significantly been changed/added, only left out. Is this the only one?
Old 2010-02-14, 11:36   Link #6138
Pinguma

Hmm, I think the deciding factor is:
Starting when Maria's key was received, and until the instant Rosa unsealed it the next day, it passed through no one's hands!!

(The context is that Battler states someone could have secretly borrowed and returned it). At this point he didn't bother stating it was Rosa herself.

It's just the way one would read "passed through no-one's hands", referring to the key itself, suggesting it was not even touched one bit till Rosa unseals it.

It could also suggest that Maria is the only one who touched it (because Maria has received it) before Rosa unseals it the next day. Though I find it really unlikely that the murder would occur, and that Maria would be asked to come along in the middle of the night by 'Beatrice' without anyone noticing/waking up and then locking the door for her after seeing her big surprise. I can see her going along, but not actually being able to do it.

Last edited by Pinguma; 2010-02-14 at 11:48. Reason: Context of red text
Pinguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:39   Link #6139
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinguma View Post
Personnally, I had another theory concerning this twilight:

Spoiler for Theory:
Antera Caramichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:39   Link #6140
Ronove

Uhmm... another theory here:

Does where the Ushiromiya family place their Golden Eagle tattoo matter? Also, why did Kinzo allow Shannon and Kanon wear the family crest again?

Also, to verify if ShKanon exists, we just need Kanon to cut his pants and see if the Golden Crest is there!