mysociallink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 16:49   Link #6242
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Which begs the question.

The **** happened?
Marianne died, Lelouch was a haughty brat about it to Charles in front of a room full of nobles, Charles overreacted in anger because this struck a nerve with him, and Lelouch grew childish daddy-issues and a grudge as a result that to this day have not been resolved.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:52   Link #6243
UFO888
CC The Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Marianne died, Lelouch was a haughty brat about it to Charles in front of a room full of nobles, Charles overreacted in anger because this struck a nerve with him, and Lelouch grew childish daddy-issues and a grudge as a result that to this day have not been resolved.
and was sent as a hotstage by his dad, then his dad wage war without a shred of though about his son and cripple daughter. I guess you will give a smile if you are suffer like that, huh?

suzaku killed his dad by his own will and still suffer or affect from it until now. So why cant zero does the same?
UFO888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:55   Link #6244
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Guess you didn't read my response to your post in the spoiler thread. Here, enjoy >_>

Quote:
Quote:
Heroes are generally well-intentioned and semi-reasonable with what they do, even if everyone turns against them because their methods go too far or are misunderstood (as in the case of tragic heroes). Lelouch lacks this since his primary interest has always been some misguided rage and daddy issue relating to his opinion that his father didn't shed enough tears when Marianne died. Lelouch doesn't give half a crap about Japan or the UFN outside being tools to use against Britannia, and he only uses Nunnally as a pretext since she's even told him she doesn't agree with what he's supposedly doing for her but he still continues. His motives are far too selfish to be heroic. And I agree that there is almost no one in Code Geass that could truly be called a "hero," which is part of why I like the series and greatly dislike XingKe. The blatant lack of realism or thought poured into his character is offensive.
This is so blatantly misinformed of Lelouch's character its making my eyes hurt >_>

That is NOT his only interest, aside from the disgust he has for the system he lives in which he clearly demonstrated even after he lost all his memories for pete's sake, and his hope for the dream of a peaceful and happy world that his sister inspired in him and his friends helped nurture. And that was certainly not the only thing Charles did, why what about throwing his son and crippled daughter out to be callously misused and held hostage by the Japanese, and then even throwing them away and disregarding there safety by launching an invasion against the county that was holding them hostage, all to mkae Japan lower its guard a bit. And what the hell, of course he cares somewhat for his organization and his new world order, they're the manifestation of his wish for an equal world while at the same time like with Urabe for example he expressed remorse for his sacrifice and plea to liberate the people of Japan. And its not about whether Nunnally agrees with his methods anymore, its about his belief on how to best achieve the dream of a better world that he has now made his own as shown by Turn 7 when he said his fight was no longer for just about Nunnally... His motives are simply put, a weaving of selfish and unselfish ones, and the struggle between those two aspects of himself, as is true for any person and hence what makes him much more realistic and easy to relate too is that he doesn't dye himself in any one color. <_<
Old 2008-08-06, 19:05   Link #6245
ffomega

Quote:

LOL...now that's hilarious; NEVER deny C.C. of Pizza Hut!

Although, I wish I could get a fan pic of C.C. in that suit in this episode....I love a woman in this kind of unifform O___O
ffomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 19:44   Link #6246
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Pizza Hut:

Hmmm...
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 19:50   Link #6247
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
Spoiler for Pizza Hut:

Hmmm...
This.

I want to go in japan, just to eat one of their pizza
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 19:53   Link #6248
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Spoiler for Pizza Hut:

Hmmm...
CHEEZY POPS!!!

The EUPHIENATOR is at it again!

Spoiler for Everyone is Zero:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 20:06   Link #6249
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

[QUOTE=Shinn_Kabuto;1784231]

The EUPHIENATOR is at it again!

QUOTE]

That should have originally happened in Code Geass.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 20:11   Link #6250
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I take it you've seen Kung Fu Panda?
Actually, I have yet to see that movie. I'm waiting for DVD.
I just had this idea when I saw the preview for this episode.
Old 2008-08-06, 20:41   Link #6251
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Spoiler for RIDER... HENSHIN!:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 21:29   Link #6252
Barahime
The Great Diva &lt;33

Send a message via MSN to Barahime
Spoiler for crossdressing:

Barahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 21:33   Link #6253
rena-zwei
THE ABYSS IS BACK
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to rena-zwei Send a message via Yahoo to rena-zwei
Spoiler for code geass:
rena-zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 21:36   Link #6254
rena-zwei
THE ABYSS IS BACK
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to rena-zwei Send a message via Yahoo to rena-zwei
rena-zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 22:53   Link #6255
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rena-zwei View Post
Spoiler for code geass:
er..you might want to slap a NSFW on the spoiler.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings

Last edited by Kenn; 2008-08-06 at 22:55. Reason: typo~
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 23:09   Link #6256
epique

h-hiyo XD;~ i was wondering if there was any Monica or Luciano fanart floating around somewhere. i would look at previous pages buut.. that's... a lot

I'M SORRY FOR SUCH A TROUBLESOME REQUEST. if anyone could help me, that would be super swell ;w;
epique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 23:26   Link #6257
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO888
and was sent as a hotstage by his dad, then his dad wage war without a shred of though about his son and cripple daughter. I guess you will give a smile if you are suffer like that, huh?

suzaku killed his dad by his own will and still suffer or affect from it until now. So why cant zero does the same?
I include the hostage-sending as part of Charles' overreaction. And I certainly wouldn't hold a grudge against the man for eight years, because holding a grudge against anyone for that long is just stupid. Of course, Lelouch is a special kind of stupid in thinking everyone is at fault and needs to atone for their sins except for himself, so I guess it fits. And I don't recall condoning Suzaku's eight years of emo either. I think it's foolish of him to think he deserves death for panicking and doing something he clearly couldn't have even meant to do at that age. His "I shall seek death for atonement" attitude is idiotic and over-simplifying, but at least only self-destructive rather than genocide-causing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Guess you didn't read my response to your post in the spoiler thread. Here, enjoy >_>
I did. You're wrong, or rather, blatantly misinformed of Lelouch's character to the point of it making my eyes hurt. If you'd like elaboration on that followed by a boring discussion that ends up going nowhere because we find that we just fundamentally disagree on how to interpret material we've both seen, feel free to PM me, but I won't horribly derail a thread that has nothing to do with the topic, especially when it's basically reviving posts from several pages back on a different thread that also had nothing to do with it as of the time I saw your response. Especially on account of such a boring (and settled) topic. I'm not nearly vain enough to think my posts are such golden scripture from the heavens that I need to cross-post discussions, so PM is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffomega
LOL...now that's hilarious; NEVER deny C.C. of Pizza Hut!
Although, I wish I could get a fan pic of C.C. in that suit in this episode....I love a woman in this kind of unifform O___O
Poor Mao. TT_TT But I do like C.C. in that suit.

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-08-07 at 12:49.
Old 2008-08-06, 23:37   Link #6258
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Spoiler for Pizza Hut:

Hmmm...
Aww no...showing us that is just torture.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 23:42   Link #6259
Ketro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
This.

I want to go in japan, just to eat one of their pizza
Same, and I did

(It costs 3500 yen for a pizza there!)

Although I never had that one, so I'll agree its torture
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 23:46   Link #6260
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

These pictures are making me want to move to Japan just for their version of Pizza Hut.

Tags
images, wallpaper