AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 02:12   Link #6261
MD84

It's Kumagawa. Does he really need a motive beyond being a huge troll?

It seems like he just wants reinforcements. He did say their strategy was to Zerg rush Medaka and Zenkichi.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 04:39   Link #6262
Takigashima

he did say that.
But he also said he wants to take out the Chairman of hakoniwa academy.
That is something suspicious and irrelevant to the Medaka and Zen conflict
Takigashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:26   Link #6263
kingstonbeer

Isn't the chairman on ajimu's side? Wasn't he the one that started up back the modern flask plan?
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:33   Link #6264
Clarste
Human

The Chairman would just be Ajimu's minion, unless there's a twist in the future.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:55   Link #6265
Odd

I think he meant the committee chairmen not the old guy related to Hansode (Shiranui).
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:18   Link #6266
Franckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Not really.

I was theorizing a way for Zen to make Medaka understand what it means to fail in a situation that would truly matter to her. I'm not saying it's the only way, just one way.
What would be your opinion on the possibility that Zenkichi vs Medaka occurs over who can do a better job at tutoring the Student Council Successors? We already know Medaka has problems with 1on1 sessions (e.g., tutoring a previous class on exams, which went nowhere) and Zenkichi has shown excellent potential when it comes to solving emotional puzzles. Plus, it keeps the Successors relevent to the ongoing storyline and fits in with the Ajimu-Zenkichi discussion in the previous chapter.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:20   Link #6267
kenjtr

i think key of everything is in the lost memories of middle school cause if you think abaut it zenkichi wasnt hangng out with medaka in middle school but the trauma he recived made him a person who dots medaka and he wanted to protect medaka all the time . So as some people thinking zenkichi isnt a stalker he just wants to protect his friend who was hurt , problem is medaka become much more stronger and doesnt need zens protection .

i think with this battle ajimu wants to cure zenkichis trauma , if we can see what happened in middle school we can understand what happened .

Heres a new idea for zenkichis ablity : (SHOGUN) with this ability zenkichi can summon his friends to battle and this way his side character point becomes a main character that also lets every chracter to become main character while also zenkichi becoming one . But i also think friend needs to be in cute chibi forms not actual ones , these chibi friend also gets stronger while real one gets stronger so there is no need zenkichi to push himself since characters can lvl up without him . Also when zenkichi and his friends friendship grows these chibi friends can use special moves , i think thats a very fun ability which zen needs cause he become booring these days . Zenkchi is a good tactician with a strong emphaty talent , with his new ability parasite eyes he can help lots of people and be their friends too . More zenkichis friends stronger he becomes , this is a main character ability also in the same time supports all other characters for example her mom loves zenkichi so much so she will be a very strong . Also even if medaka copies this ability she cant use it well cause to use firends you need a realitionship based on trust also the more you love each other character gets stronger .

Last edited by kenjtr; 2011-12-06 at 10:47.
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 11:32   Link #6268
summers

Some folks be talking about Kumagawa lying about what his bookmaker does, now that I think about it, other Minus abilities suit the their name, bookmaker's abilities to bring people to his level doesn't sound like a match, unless you think of it as him treating peoples mind and body like a book that he is re-writing down to his level.

If bookmaker is not what is described, then with what we have heard about it recently I think bookmaker is like what The Destroyer described, and its where he imposes his mind on his surroundings.Bookmaker treats his twisted mind like a "book" and he "writes" it onto reality. That's how he twisted Hundred Gauntlets, and it does match his ability all fiction, not just because of the name but because he treats reality like a "book" that he "writes" to "nothing".
So just like Bookmaker can help him make a sword that can kill magical beasts, or screw that bring opponent to his level, he could make a hammer that smashes hopes and dreams or something crazy like that.

I think it makes sense that he has such a broad ability since he a minus of the minus just like Medeka is the Abnormal of Abnormals, with the end that lets her copy and complete everything.

Aijmu did not take bookmaker, she took and offshoot of bookmaker. Kumagawa trolled her. Maybe Aijumu did not go to Kumagawas level could be because she claims that there are millions of Not-equals and that they are a part of her, meaning Kumagawa would have to bring millions down to his level, that's why he needs multiple seals.

Those are my thoughts on it. Its hard to keep track on this forum so maybe this was already mentioned or is well known.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 13:26   Link #6269
ziggi92

I have found way to beat Medaka is to have contest with animals like taking care of them or make them happy since every animals are afraid of Medaka (not including with strange animals which Naze made) so she should not win this kind of contest
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 13:39   Link #6270
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
The "two places at once" thing might only be something she can do after Kumagawa got happier (and Bookmaker got weaker) after his fight with Munakata.

Ajimu can't destroy Bookmaker on her own since a "Minus" isn't something easily erased. Even Kumagawa couldn't fully remove Mukae's Rafflesia Minus with All-fiction. And Shibushi's Scar-dead remained active even after Naze used her Normalizing serum against her. If Ajimu had full access to her power it might be a different story, but that's not the case.
I wouldn't say it two places really has anything to do with Kumagawa getting happier. Remember Aijimu has omipresence and still even in sealed state has omnipresence she can be anywhere at once and most likely includes two or more.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:53   Link #6271
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Aijmu did not take bookmaker, she took and offshoot of bookmaker. Kumagawa trolled her. Maybe Aijumu did not go to Kumagawas level could be because she claims that there are millions of Not-equals and that they are a part of her, meaning Kumagawa would have to bring millions down to his level, that's why he needs multiple seals.

Those are my thoughts on it. Its hard to keep track on this forum so maybe this was already mentioned or is well known.
Ajimu was in possession Bookmaker already, that's the minus she gave back to him with "lip service", so there's no way she wouldn't know the complete effects of it.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:32   Link #6272
Takigashima

She didn't have bookmaker, she gave it back to him by removing hundread gauntlet.
Hundread gauntlet modified bookmaker to create all fiction, thus Once it was removed, bookmaker returned.

All fiction returned to kuma because it already became apart of him which allowed him to remake it, albeit weaker
Old 2011-12-06, 16:59   Link #6273
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
i think key of everything is in the lost memories of middle school cause if you think abaut it zenkichi wasnt hangng out with medaka in middle school but the trauma he recived made him a person who dots medaka and he wanted to protect medaka all the time . So as some people thinking zenkichi isnt a stalker he just wants to protect his friend who was hurt , problem is medaka become much more stronger and doesnt need zens protection .

i think with this battle ajimu wants to cure zenkichis trauma , if we can see what happened in middle school we can understand what happened .
I agree with this..and I must say I'm really curious about those memories /events I always said that to me that those memories will play an important role in this arc.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:51   Link #6274
Takigashima

Well if in middle school, zen was able to rally an army to take on Akune; that shows he has or had leadership/MC potential.
Old 2011-12-06, 21:10   Link #6275
summers

Does anyone wonder how much weaker all fiction is? He was still able to revive himself. Also shouldn't a weaker all fiction suit Kumagawa who knows weakness just fine. We could say that the original all fiction was too much for him and the one now has been brought down to his level.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 21:23   Link #6276
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takigashima View Post
She didn't have bookmaker, she gave it back to him by removing hundread gauntlet.
Hundread gauntlet modified bookmaker to create all fiction, thus Once it was removed, bookmaker returned.

All fiction returned to kuma because it already became apart of him which allowed him to remake it, albeit weaker
Well that totally depends on how that kiss works. Since that would mean she just gave hundred gauntlets with nothing in return which makes even less sense that her exchanging hundred gauntlets for bookmaker.
Old 2011-12-06, 22:02   Link #6277
Clarste
Human

She gave Zenkichi Parasite Vision at no cost. Makes more sense to just assume she can give skills freely.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 22:32   Link #6278
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
She gave Zenkichi Parasite Vision at no cost. Makes more sense to just assume she can give skills freely.
But why would she give it to Kumagawa, that's what makes no sense.

http://www.mangareader.net/medaka-box/88/11

Plus she specifically stated trade in regards to Kumagawa gaining abookmarker she never said she gave it to him the word trade and returned was always used. Plus why would he need to trade a hundred gauntles for Bookmaker anyway if he already had it that makes no sense.

Hundred gauntlets was the basis for all fiction it was never implied he did anything with bookmaker (he didn't even have it if we take what was said in that conversation as true). Plus surely if he supposedly altered the skill using it he would be able to change it back himself rather than removing the tools he used to alter it in the first place.

Also she never kissed Zen for that to happen, it just happened, there wasn't exactly a transaction.
Old 2011-12-06, 23:59   Link #6279
Takigashima

Hmm, I think your right.
But from reading that page, I still think he had bookmaker.
She traded all fiction for hundred gauntlet, essentially removing one for the other.
So it seems more like hundred gauntlet was a mod to make bookmaker, and all fiction was another type of mod he traded hundred gauntlet for.
Old 2011-12-07, 00:10   Link #6280
Sol Falling

This conversation is getting confused. Can we just clear up what's generally agreed upon:

- Book Maker was Kumagawa's original Minus.
- Ajimu performed a trade, taking Book Maker in exchange for Hundred Gauntlets
- Kumagawa modified Hundred Gauntlets into All Fiction
- Kumagawa traded Hundred Gauntlets back for Book Maker
- Kumagawa recreated All Fiction based on remnants of it despite having lost Hundred Gauntlets.

Tenchi Hou Take noted correctly that Ajimu never kissed Zenkichi to give him Parasite Seeing. So perhaps we can assume that "Lip Service" works specifically for trading skills, and Ajimu uses some other method for bestowing skills freely (i.e. the case of Zenkichi, Aka, likely others). However, it seems like Ajimu has multiple skills which can be activated by kisses, Door to Door being another one of them.

The background behind what happened to Kumagawa being in love with Ajimu, Kumagawa trading Book Maker for Hundred Gauntlets, and Kumagawa sealing Ajimu with Book Maker have all yet to be explained.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council