AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-22, 02:16   Link #6301
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

hhmm so if cruz had all of satens knowledge im guessing this manga would of ended 20 chapters ago
Old 2011-01-22, 10:55   Link #6302
Homura7

A Voras interruption is obligatory, the arc simply can't end without she coming and finding the state her father has been left. And of course, Kafka and Mengroze should come as well. They are Overlord members afterall.

Oh, and talking about Strom, he must be now pretty much on verge of death. Wether it's lies or not, Cruz will recall Saten's words and, perhaps, trie to convince Blade in healing Strom in order to save his life. Because lets be sincere, there's absolutely no way he's in good condition after taking all this.

The problem is if Blade would agree. We already know him, he's not the type who has mercy on his enemies.

Anyway, Strom must be healed now. He's not dead yet, but he surely is about to...

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-01-22 at 11:11.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 11:27   Link #6303
Sekirei07

Kafka isn't in Overlord, he was just a hired mercenary working for money from Mengroze. He didn't have loyality to Overlord
Old 2011-01-22, 16:08   Link #6304
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im hoping kafka goes back with yamada(refuses to call him cruz when he looks so hot in girls clothes) its just the way he acted when he found out that stigmata is the sign of the strongest needless his "i see" was very suspicious..
Old 2011-01-23, 04:10   Link #6305
outerelf

I have a question (as a newbie and part time lurker to this place)

Blade saving Cruz in the beginning is a bit out of character for him. So would it be possible that Yamada reverts into Cruz for a short time in one of the chapters in order to make a good impression on Blade to have Blade save him later?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 04:30   Link #6306
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Actually... IIRC, Cruz being saved was only a by-product of Blade's original intent: to kick some Testament ass

although I supposed that with the way things are going, almost anything is possible...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:11   Link #6307
Homura7

If for something Needless is known is for its unpredactibility. So I suggest you to not say anything, because the next chapter could very well prove your thoughts wrong in the blink of an eye. Yes, I failed many times making predictions, so many that I said to myself, "enough is enough!" In fact, I don't think anyone here got something right yet

When it's Needless I always expect a big plottwist anytime.

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-01-23 at 12:28.
Old 2011-01-23, 12:40   Link #6308
Ynot

^ Being right with a prediction would be nice of course, but I'm far more interested in coming up with wacky theories and reading other peoples theories. It's simply a lot of fun thinking about how they could or can't fit in with all the things we already know. So I wouldn't want anyone to stop sharing whatever far fetched idea they have. So what if you're wrong? It's not like prizes are being distributed amongst the people who guessed right
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:54   Link #6309
Homura7

^Well, I'm not who to say what you can do and what you can't , so yeah, anyone is free to think whatever they want, wether they are right or wrong.

I for one would like another plottwist
Old 2011-01-23, 13:38   Link #6310
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
^ Being right with a prediction would be nice of course, but I'm far more interested in coming up with wacky theories and reading other peoples theories. It's simply a lot of fun thinking about how they could or can't fit in with all the things we already know. So I wouldn't want anyone to stop sharing whatever far fetched idea they have. So what if you're wrong? It's not like prizes are being distributed amongst the people who guessed right
Totally agree here, this is one of the things I love about this forum,plus this help to pass the time until the next Needless chapter.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 18:57   Link #6311
Avvesione

I've always liked reading people's opinions, reactions, thoughts, and theories on Needless. You get a different perspective on things happening and thoughts about the direction of the manga. You also get to see what some people like about the manga and don't like and what makes them read it.

I love to hear people's ideas on older stuff, too. Things like Aruka, ANn's appearance, the missing data chip, Cruz's past, etc. It's all fun to read, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
In fact, I don't think anyone here got something right yet
Well, it depends on how specific you want to be. A lot of people though that Mengroze's mark wasn't a Stigmata, which turned out to be true. I thought that ANn would come save Cruz from the monsters like Daniel and the Lion's Den but it turned out to be Kafka, so it's a half truth (others though Cruz would use powers, Toria would regain some humanity, whatever). Also, further back, people where wondering if it who jumped down to save Cruz from Hatfield: Blade, Eve (using Doppelganger) or Saten cosplaying. Everyone who guess Blade got it right!

So it just depends. But more often than not, we're wrong. Sometimes very, very wrong.
Old 2011-01-24, 12:39   Link #6312
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Wasn't one of Saten's weak points he sometimes has numb arms? If your fingers are cold they get numb after awhile so maybe that's what's going on with Saten's arms too.
Yes, it says that on Imai's website, but I don't think it's intended to be entirely serious... I mean, those arm guards look pretty heavy. Must be pretty tiring lugging them around all day, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Does anyone wonder how on earth Cruz survived Strom's finishing blow meant for Blade basically unharmed?
Beats me. And yet I'm still reluctant to believe Cruz has some kind of special resistance to damage. If he starts to think it's odd how he survives, or one of the other characters points it out, I might change my mind. Until then, I'll stick to my crazy theory that he's still just a normal person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And was anyone else reminded of one of the earlier volume covers with the last panel?
Not sure it's a cover, but it definitely reminds me of something. Cruz's Eve impression is getting pretty good, isn't it? Speaking of crazy theories (and this probably contradicts what I just said), it does make me wonder about where Eve's going to get a new body from after the operation... Of course, she could just make it from something else using Doppelganger, couldn't she? Still, here's one ready made, complete with a nice new outfit. And Cruz would be quite happy to sacrifice himself for the sake of the person he "greatly admires"...
Old 2011-01-24, 13:14   Link #6313
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Speaking of crazy theories (and this probably contradicts what I just said), it does make me wonder about where Eve's going to get a new body from after the operation... Of course, she could just make it from something else using Doppelganger, couldn't she? Still, here's one ready made, complete with a nice new outfit. And Cruz would be quite happy to sacrifice himself for the sake of the person he "greatly admires"...
We've seen Arclight eating people to regenerate his own body(not to forget his merger with the second), so if provided with enough biological matter she might be able to shape her body out of someone elses remains. No need for Yamada to sacrifice himself just yet(hopefully). .....Blade has never shown any interest in Eve as a woman right? Maybe because he remembers how her body was made out of other peoples remains and he can't bring himself to look at her romantically because of that

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-01-24 at 13:55.
Old 2011-01-24, 14:21   Link #6314
Soji

Quote:
We've seen Arclight eating people to regenerate his own body(not to forget his merger with the second), so if provided with enough biological matter she might be able to shape her body out of someone elses remains. No need for Yamada to sacrifice himself just yet(hopefully). .....Blade has never shown any interest in Eve as a woman right? Maybe because he remembers how her body was made out of other peoples remains and he can't bring himself to look at her romantically because of that
Good one Ynot.
This or he recalls that part of his brain is present within Eve

However, returning to Yamada's sacrifice himself for this reason(save Eve ), knowing Yamada,I can see that happening.
But even if this would happen to Yamada his brain will still alive, like the current Eve's situation and I'm sure that Eve and Blade will never leave Yamada die like that, especially with Saten there.
I am sure that in such a case Saten will give some advice to theme like to create a new body for Yamada, and with both Mengroze and Gido there .. so Yamada die in that situation suggested by Sayo.A is pretty much impossible or at least that's what I think.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-01-24 at 18:25.
Old 2011-01-24, 18:14   Link #6315
Sekirei07

Actually I think we can just call Blade and Eve's relationship to be the result of the Westermarck Effect.

People that from a young age living in close proxy with each other grow up to be desensitized to later sexual attraction. This can be seen by almost everyone like families with kids that grow up together. Even if your sister is really hot you don't think of her in a sexual way.
Old 2011-01-24, 18:30   Link #6316
Soji

^You're right, honestly I never thought of that reason.
Seems to explain why Blade behaves like this with Eve.
Old 2011-01-24, 21:37   Link #6317
Avvesione

But Blade and Ever were made for each other! Literally! The whole point of Eve was to be able to reproduce with Blade.

I'm a little curious to see when Blade's lolicon phase starts up. Hopefully it'll be in the next chapter but I doubt it. I think everything will be serious until after we see how Blade saves Eve and everything is okay in the end.
Old 2011-01-25, 12:55   Link #6318
Ynot

To be honest I don't have a lot of faith in my own suggestion that Blade's disinterest could be the result of how Eve's body was recreated. After all, he made it perfectly clear what was most important to him in a girl at the end of the Bloody rain arc......and it sure wasn't the origin of "her" body
Spoiler for needless:

One of the better Needless gags imo. Chapter 87 was completely devoid of any so I'm hoping there'll be some again in the next chapter. They have the eir system, the enemy is defeated so things could be wrapped up quickly, leaving enough room for a couple of much needed jokes.
Old 2011-01-25, 14:18   Link #6319
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Thats a joke within the story, i wouldnt read everything as if its a manual to how the characters are
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 14:33   Link #6320
Ynot

Not everything no but it wasn't just contained within that joke. Blade also held hands with Mio and Yamada when they left town, so it goes beyond a one time/one page gag. But even not considering that, I do think Sekirei's idea is more likely.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen