AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-25, 04:42   Link #6321
EvilSociopath323

This is really really really far fetched but maybe Sariel's trying to create an additional god?
In a situation where she can't really stop Shiro's plan how could she possibly prevent the mass deaths that would occur? Shiro said that to prevent the mass murdering an additional god would be necessary. Ariel can't become a god as was stated by Shiro but what about Shun? His soul is still young and we don't know how much protection the n%I=W skill gives him therefore his soul just might be able to make the jump into godhood. Shun is someone who most likely would share Sariels views on life and self-sacrifice so he would be a good candidate for the sacrificial god that Sariel would want. He is right now too weak to become a god but what if he absorbed Ariels power?

The Hero title makes him automatically stronger than the Demon lord. REGARDLESS of how strong Ariel may be she will loose to Shun if they fight. The hero system is just ridiculous like that. So I wonder just how much Shun would get stronger if he defeated Ariel. If his soul survived such a sudden 'upgrade' I wonder if a god evolution wouldn't get into his reach. But then again Shun getting the chance to fight Ariel is rather unlikely at best so if Sariel is betting on this it's again 'dumb'.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 05:06   Link #6322
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
The Hero title makes him automatically stronger than the Demon lord. REGARDLESS of how strong Ariel may be she will loose to Shun if they fight. The hero system is just ridiculous like that. So I wonder just how much Shun would get stronger if he defeated Ariel. If his soul survived such a sudden 'upgrade' I wonder if a god evolution wouldn't get into his reach. But then again Shun getting the chance to fight Ariel is rather unlikely at best so if Sariel is betting on this it's again 'dumb'.
From what I understand It's not quite that absolute. The Hero doesn't automatically win against the Demon Lord, but every time they fail the next holder gets a bigger boost until they overpower the Demon Lord. Problem is, Ariel is probably a dozen times stronger than any previous holder. Even if Shun was exceptional for a Hero, that's only within the normal frame. He's so far off from Ariel's level that even the boost shouldn't overturn it.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 05:14   Link #6323
Rasty

^ Yeah, it was even said that no matter how many times Maou wins and crushes the Hero a new one will always be born and it is Maou's fate to be defeated by Hero in the end. Thus it should be like the "undefeatable stages" in some games. No matter how many times you win there always appears a new enemy who is a bit stronger than the previous, till you finally lose and the story continues on.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 05:24   Link #6324
Breimn

Plus there is Sophia, Oni and Shiro taking care of killing people. And lets not forget the "average " Mera .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 05:29   Link #6325
Rasty

^ 10th army composed of only guys on elite level (might be 1 or 2 guys like that in every country) and if pinched the right way Kuro and his army of dragons.
Old 2016-09-25, 05:36   Link #6326
gn_X00

the demon army is a bit too ridiculous that the thought of any human hero can kill it is impossible...

not to mention Ariel got a maxed stat and omg skill level
Old 2016-09-25, 06:20   Link #6327
Obstendro

Don't forget that shun is corrupt by the kindness skill, the him who doesn't want to kill anyone is not really him (even if the real him is a little like that too). And there was one chapter where shun think in S22 that the world is sad and ugly
Obstendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 06:46   Link #6328
Breimn

Poor hero , a puppet of the goddess forced against an invincible army.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 07:56   Link #6329
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
i'm actually surprised on the development. How much of it was planned since the start I mean... it's quite amazing if author really planned the Sariel drama since the day author introduced hero title to Shun in early chapters
It's hard to be certain but it does feel that at a high level that this was planned from the start. Maybe some of the details were undecided though, or changed, but the broad details seems to have been planned in advance.

For example, one of the things I was looking forwards to finding out was exactly why a Queen Taratect was dropped on Argnar. I hadn't been able to come up with a strong reason for it. The actual reason in the end was certainly pretty interesting and quite a surprise, which was nice, though also rather sad.

I had been kinda sitting on the fence for whether or not Shiro planned for Shun to become the Hero or not. I was almost about to do a post yesterday saying it would be more interesting if it was unplanned, because it ramps up the tension/drama - it's more interesting to see the MC struggle and overcome problems. But I ran out of time and the chapter got posterd already...

I also think it would make for a more interesting story if the Goddess is in fact too kind for her own good (and the world). You could say she made a deal with the devil (Evil God D) to save the world. I don't think D went along with it out of kindness but because it amused her. If we look at Oka-chan sensei and Shun in particular, it doesn't seem too unlikely that we could have a character who really is extreme enough to do this. Actually, this story is full of characters with extreme aspects - from the MC to the pope to Shun, sensei and the goddess. You could say that Kuro and Ariel don't really have extreme personalities but were that devoted to the Goddess to keep on following her wishes, despite all the problems.

I think having a clash between various "extreme" characters is more interesting than if one of the supposed "good" characters turns out to be evil all along - kinda kills that character (to me at least).
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 09:44   Link #6330
kari-no-sugata II

275 "The end of the Human-Demon Great War" is out in raw.
Old 2016-09-25, 10:24   Link #6331
kari-no-sugata II

Basically, more of a summary chapter. The demons won 4 battles, lost 3 and 1 was a double knock-out (whoops, sorry Argnar!). For where Shiro's army is, the 7th Army regrouped after the Hero died and the 10th Army joined in, so they're basically winning and have almost taken the fort.

But poor Shiro has lots of work to do. Eg, figure out what to do about Shun. Adjust plans for the System to factor in that the Goddess might intervene. Re-organise the army to start the attack on the elf village. Incidentally, sounds like imouto-chan will get control of Natsume

Poor Shiro is feeling rather stressed so hopes to get something sweet to eat (I think we know how that will end)
Old 2016-09-25, 11:08   Link #6332
Xacual

I don't think Sariel made any kind of plan with D. It was stated that the only one from this world that had previously met D was Kuro.

As for the thing about the Hero defeating the Demon King. Shiro is well aware of how that works from earlier in the story. She's not going to let the Hero and Demon King fight. She'd just let Sophia or Wrath beat the shit out of Shun or install kill him herself if she had to.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:52   Link #6333
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

didn't Kuro said he never meet D because of thier difference in God Rank?
Old 2016-09-25, 12:14   Link #6334
Rasty

No, he was saying that low level gods as he is have little chances to meet high level gods like D, which he used as an excuse for D's stating that he was trembling as a little puppy when he met her.

Also, I wouldn't take D's words as the truth as she is the type that would lie if it seemed things are gonna be more funny that way. There also might be some catch in what she said like they never met but communicated or such.
Old 2016-09-25, 12:15   Link #6335
lullabyz

It's weird! Sariel became the core of a system made by D without having met with D...

Another thing I just noticed. Shiro and Ariel have a similar life. Both of them are spiders, met with kindness of someone, tried their best to repay the kindness they receive. Then they have to go against those benefactor at the end. Well, Shiro had it a lot better than Ariel though....

Aren't these spider too pitiful? ;w;
lullabyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 13:11   Link #6336
Xacual

It wasn't D that said it. Kuro said it. He said he was the only one of this world that had met D. So the only option would have been if Sariel had met D secretly.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2016-09-25, 13:13   Link #6337
testeottilio

Do you think any of the other incarnated will evolve into God?
The Katia has the ability "Divinity Area Expansion:. Divinity area is expanded"

– Cersei to Sansa Stark
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 13:27   Link #6338
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by testeottilio View Post
Do you think any of the other incarnated will evolve into God?
The Katia has the ability "Divinity Area Expansion:. Divinity area is expanded"
I really don't think so. If any of them become a God, I think the most likely is Shun through influence of Sariel because she could count on him being the same kindness idiot as herself and likely would sacrifice himself for the world.

Old 2016-09-25, 13:41   Link #6339
testeottilio

I do not think I left no setup for it to absorb energy like Kumo did ... but I'm kind of restless, do not want other people to become God, outside the Kumo should kill the enemies before they become a problem.

– Cersei to Sansa Stark
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 13:55   Link #6340
Rasty

Btw. why did Shiro not massacre the humans and mazoku as she was planning in the beginning?
It got refused by Kuro in that point, but she had him locked up for 7 years, she should have had enough time to make a modern art of their bodies let alone just killing them.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation