AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-02-27, 23:02   Link #6341
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Actually, I was talking about Toki all the way back in Achiga during the Teru match, when I was totally invested on her and actually worried about her welfare. Of course, Shino doesn't look like she's about to physically die in this match, but now we know just how much it means to her to go to the nationals and were given a clearer image of how important every step along the way has been for her, ever since that dramatic first arc. I actually found myself thinking "screw everyone else in that table!"

That said, I do agree on every point you made; while shinohayu can get quite slow at points, it does a fantastic job on making you care about its characters, especially Shino, and when it finally pays, it is some of Ritz's best stuff.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 00:57   Link #6342
The Green One

A little girl waiting for her Mom to come home. First concern, then worry, then the rising fear.

Damn it Ritz stop stabbing me in the feels.....
Old 2019-03-03, 12:23   Link #6343
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Finally we get a chance to slow down a lil bit in the next series. Mahjong is an interesting form of sports series because instead of being a 1v1 its a 4 free for all. I think that's one of the main reasons the captain match of the regional finals remains one of the best matches to date: Because at all points there was a focus in all players (even if it was about poor Kanna getting dragged around). This is much more difficult to pull off when the match is dominated by a single player with everyone else completely unable to do anything other than sit and wait. Let's see where the match moves on from here.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 14:42   Link #6344
The Green One

Well Teru's beat down is over for now, let's see if Yuuki can turn it around again.
Old 2019-03-03, 15:30   Link #6345
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
let's see if Yuuki can turn it around again.
It depends on Kyou-chan. He has been training since forever to make the perfect golden taco for Yuuki. It's time to see if that training paid off.

If he can deliver, most of Yuuki's mahjong power should be restored.
Old 2019-03-03, 20:32   Link #6346
AP24

It took about 9 months to cover just half of the match and now we have a 2.5 months break. I think we can assume that the Captain matches won't finish until at least 2025.

Also, why is Ryuuka naked in the chapter? If Toki is too then what were they doing?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 06:27   Link #6347
Chitanda Eru

Ritz is so lazy by the way. I feel sick of this manga's releasing speed
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 07:36   Link #6348
Arcorann

1st hanchan scores:
Shiraitodai 156500
Kiyosumi 119100
Rinkai 62500
Achiga 61900

Imagine how strong Teru's hands would be if she'd kept going...
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 14:04   Link #6349
The Green One

Well things would shortly be over.
Old 2019-03-04, 21:34   Link #6350
Proto

Quote:
Ritz is so lazy by the way. I feel sick of this manga's releasing speed
You would think that after more than a decade of following the series we'd be used to it by now. Slow releases are a staple of the series, just take it as it is. We really don't have any information to go to judge whether the delays are justified or not. Allegedly it's because Ritz spends too much time drawing boobs though.
Old 2019-03-05, 22:52   Link #6351
night_sentinel

As someone who has read about 10 chapters of the current arc of the main manga in one go, I actually think it is hella exciting. But, then again that is almost a year of stacked chapters so I can understand anyone who is frustrated by the manga's release schedule.

Anyway! So many things have happened!

First thing for me is the fact that we now know goldfish's name. Its Hikari-chan! Thank you Saki, you finally namedropped her. That said, from a theme meaning perspective, I think picking the name Hikari is quite interesting since it is almost synonymous to Teru. It can be interpreted into many things.

Also, from the latest chapter, with Touka saying that the round has seen 2 of the 3 rarest yaku - I researched around to see if she is right. From Tenhou data that r/mahjong has collected, the rarest yaku - which are of course yakuman are:

1. Suu-kantsu (1 in 2,722,245 wins)
2. Pure Nine Gates (1 in 1,767, 595 wins)
3. Tenhou (1 in 322,747 wins)*

Heh. Considering this is the 71st National Tournament, I really doubt they managed to rack 100,000 wins yet, so it isn't surprising that Yuuki has the first Tenhou in the history of the Interhigh.

*Kazoe Yakuman is supposed to be number 3 but that is quite dubious from basic probability perspective and many have expressed that there might be something wrong with the algorithm such as not reporting a Kazoe yakuman win with dora.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 11:25   Link #6352
Azure_yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
As someone who has read about 10 chapters of the current arc of the main manga in one go, I actually think it is hella exciting. But, then again that is almost a year of stacked chapters so I can understand anyone who is frustrated by the manga's release schedule.

Anyway! So many things have happened!

First thing for me is the fact that we now know goldfish's name. Its Hikari-chan! Thank you Saki, you finally namedropped her. That said, from a theme meaning perspective, I think picking the name Hikari is quite interesting since it is almost synonymous to Teru. It can be interpreted into many things.

Also, from the latest chapter, with Touka saying that the round has seen 2 of the 3 rarest yaku - I researched around to see if she is right. From Tenhou data that r/mahjong has collected, the rarest yaku - which are of course yakuman are:

1. Suu-kantsu (1 in 2,722,245 wins)
2. Pure Nine Gates (1 in 1,767, 595 wins)
3. Tenhou (1 in 322,747 wins)*

Heh. Considering this is the 71st National Tournament, I really doubt they managed to rack 100,000 wins yet, so it isn't surprising that Yuuki has the first Tenhou in the history of the Interhigh.

*Kazoe Yakuman is supposed to be number 3 but that is quite dubious from basic probability perspective and many have expressed that there might be something wrong with the algorithm such as not reporting a Kazoe yakuman win with dora.
Thank you night_Sentinel its quite a find, ha ha it's been such a long time since the last time i visited this forum. Saki really look like its gonna pick up, those tenhou, those churen phuto, really can't wait wait how everything reveal itself

My own theory thought, Mahjong World Champion was one of the cause of their fall out

Who knows right those photo with Saki, Teru & Hikari are actually world junior mahjong training camp for the gift or maybe the event itself, where their family did something that piss off the big boss, since the fire and everything, and since the Miyanaga dad can't take it anymore VOILA fall out since the mom probably want to take the Mahjong World, remember when Saki said:

Please don't sell those Mahjong table dad, because maybe Mom and sis will come back and they can be complete again, but what did the dad throw to Saki, it's the mahjong magazine where Teru is champion (you know it's line he said its impossible since Teru is a Mahjong celebrity

Thought this have a hole in it's theory why didn't he refused Saki participant in Mahjong game
Old 2019-04-09, 02:48   Link #6353
Arcorann

We're getting a Mako gourmet spinoff, drawn by Mekimeki. It'll start in the 7 June issue of Young Gangan.
Old 2019-04-26, 08:12   Link #6354
Marina2

Shinohayu new chapter is still the flashback mode but the game finally continues at the end.

New volumes' covers I guess?

Shino

Old 2019-04-27, 11:36   Link #6355
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I understand the value of following procedures, but that is not a face Shino should ever make. Also, this is a example of "too much SoL", something shinohayu has done before,

Shino is a very strong angel, and despite Ritz not giving her any "boosts", Teru looks really soft in that cover.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2019-04-27 at 13:01.
Old 2019-04-27, 13:36   Link #6356
Marina2

That Shinohayu cover is the first time that fantasy/supernatural element appears on a book cover. They usually make cover of Saki universe books to be realistic.

That face........now I really wish Shino will find her mom. Her goal is a lot harder to achieve than Saki and Shizuno's

Old 2019-04-27, 23:29   Link #6357
Proto

Wow. It'd appear the world of Saki doesn't understand the concept of social services.
Old 2019-05-09, 09:36   Link #6358
Arcorann

The latest round of Ritz blog updates has some very interesting revelations about same-sex couples and iPS babies. Don't know if there is a reliable translation out there...
Old 2019-05-09, 11:35   Link #6359
Marina2

Hmm.....

- More than half of characters are homosexuals, including married characters.
- About 20% of them are bi-sexual
- More than half of characters are iPS babies (of female/female couples)
- Same sex marriage is legal in Saki universe.

What a wonderful world to live in.
Old 2019-05-09, 13:46   Link #6360
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, it sure sounds like an interesting world, and don't forget this other bit.

-Most readers of gravure idol magazines are female.

The ladies love Hayari's talents.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri