Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 22:26   Link #6361
jordan-spice

Thanks. =]
Old 2008-07-25, 01:31   Link #6362
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

To be fair, as a deeply entrenched IchiRuki shipper, I don't think Ichigo's 'doubt' regarding Orihime serves a lot of argument against the pairing. The doubt exists because,

1/ it is part of the result of 'psychological' trap Aizen/Ulquiorra used to get Orihime to go to HM. It planted seeds of doubt on her friends - that she has defected on her own will. Of course it didn't exactly succeed, like Ulquiorra noted, because her friends still went ahead to save her.
2/ Rukia, Chad and Ishida didn't doubt Orihime because they weren't visited by Orihime - Orihime didn't leave a lingering reiatsu behind - hence they didn't believe for a moment that she would defect on her on will. That, and also they understand Orihime's character much better than Ichigo did.

So it's not because he doesn't like her that he doubted her. There were reasons affecting his judgement. One was the psychological trap that was set, the other because of his lack of understanding of her character due to their very minimal time interacting together.

His feelings for her probably doesn't overflow with emotions of the romantic kind, but he's not as heartless to disregard her as a full traitor.

As for the battle with Ulquiorra and Grimmjow - the fight with Grimmjow is one of the most boring fights in Bleach. It was so hyped up but it was disappointing. Orihime could not provide the type of support Ichigo required until prompted by Nel, and even then, it was a weak cry of despair. Ichigo's slice through Grimmjow at the end of Chapter 283 is more of an act of pity for the poor girl in keyhole dress rather than the act of a valiant knight.

Ichigo wants to fight Ulquiorra not because Ulquiorra hurt Orihime before. He wants to fight Ulquiorra because he wants to win against a stronger opponent. If Ichigo wants to slice up anyone who hurt Orihime darling, he would've raged and kill Nnoitra and Tesla himself. He would've gone, "YARHHHHHHHH HOW DARE YOU INSERT YOUR FINGER INTO INOUE'S MOUTH"
"YARHHHHHHH HOW DARE YOU POINT A KNIFE AGAINST HER THROAT!" However, we've seen only a stationary Ichigo for most of that fight.

I will never believe Ichigo has fallen head over heels for Orihime. There is forever a gap that both of them could never ever close between them, and that is Rukia. There is absolutely no one, up to this point, that could come between Ichigo and Rukia. Orihime is not a threat - she's merely an annoying obstacle which both Ichigo and Rukia could not ignore in regards to friendship, because both of them care for her and want her to be safe and well. However, when it comes to a stronger bond of chemistry, Orihime fades into the background completely.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:38   Link #6363
yuuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc0Jh1axT View Post

I will never believe Ichigo has fallen head over heels for Orihime. There is forever a gap that both of them could never ever close between them, and that is Rukia. There is absolutely no one, up to this point, that could come between Ichigo and Rukia. Orihime is not a threat - she's merely an annoying obstacle which both Ichigo and Rukia could not ignore in regards to friendship, because both of them care for her and want her to be safe and well. However, when it comes to a stronger bond of chemistry, Orihime fades into the background completely.
where have you been hiding all this time?!?!?! TT______TT

Your post=WIN!!!

For anyone who cares: I won't be posting as much as I have before since my mother has been forcing me to start reading books and study again because school's gonna start real soon here. Probably next month.

Yes, it sucks to be Asian cuz Asian parents are very strict when it comes to studying, hanging out with friends, and pretty much ruins your life and freedom.
Old 2008-07-25, 10:27   Link #6364
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

@ yuuk1, you'll thank them later.

I just can't see Rukia and Ichigo together she is too old...and Inoue is not really his type so to speak...I think he won't end up with either of them. They are great friends to him and nothing more.There are times in life when good people of the opposite sex can be the closest of friends and risk their lives for each other and never get romantic. Just my opinion.
Old 2008-07-25, 11:29   Link #6365
Langus
Optimus Prime

^^ Ichigo's kind of an old soul too don't you think?

Rukia is technically old, she's also technically dead, but that doesn't change the fact that Kubo has chosen to portray her physically and mentally as a teenage girl. She certainly doesn't ACT like 150 year old sage...
Old 2008-07-25, 11:30   Link #6366
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
^^ Ichigo's kind of an old soul too don't you think?

Rukia is technically old, she's also technically dead, but that doesn't change the fact that Kubo has chosen to portray her physically and mentally as a teenage girl. She certainly doesn't ACT like 150 year old sage...
Acutally, Rukia's a bit of both. She can be a teenager at times, and a wise mentor another.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-07-25, 15:39   Link #6367
Warchef

I have returned

I'll get to responding to things when there is something that's worth responding too.

Until then, however, goodbye.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:40   Link #6368
asam_laksa

Might as well do this, post some exerpts of 'The HoneyDish Rhapsody' If anyone doesn't know.....it's a Bleach novel book, second book about Rukia trying to cook up a dish for Byakuya, and ending up with asking Ichigo to teach her how to cook curry, while Orihime.....well, she has a wonderful time of getting to know the other shinigamis.

Quote:
柔らかな所作でこちらへ歩いてきてのは、四番隊隊長、UnohanaRetsuだった。
Walking towards here gently is Captain Unohana of Fourth Division.

「Unohana隊長、十三番隊.Kuchiki Rukia、炊事場をお借りしております!」
Captain Unohana, I am Kuchiki Rukia of Fourth Division, and I like to borrow a stove to cook!

「ええ、Hanatarouから聞いています」
Yes, I have heard from Hanatarou.

Unohanaは、バッ、と頭を下げたRukiaに軽くうなずいて、Ichigoを見た。
Lightly nodding at Rukia’s who lowered her head down, Unohana saw Ichigo.

「あなたは…Kurosaki Ichigo….ですね?傷の具合はいかがですか?」
Are you not Mr. Kurosaki Ichigo?How is your wounds’ condition?

「ああ、もう大丈夫です」
Aa, they are alright.

「礼などいいのですよ。……少し、触れでもよろしですか?」
I’m sorry to cause you inconvenience, but do you think it’s okay if I can touch you there, just a little?

UnohanaはIchigoの前に立ち、腹の傷を指す。Ichigoは、「ああ」とうさずき、襟元を広げ た。
Standing in front of Ichigo, Unohana points at Ichigo’s belly wound. Ichigo, saying ‘Aa’ tugging his front neck collar wide.

「......あれはどの深てが、このような短期間で......」
[That looks like very deep, but in short time….]

包帯の上からIchigoの傷口に手のひらをかぎして、Unohanaがつぶやく。

Unohana mutters, as she touches Ichigo’s bandages for the wounds with her hand.

「はい、もう結構です。」
Yes, it's in good shape now

手を下ろし、Ichigoを見て目を細めた。
Setting down her hands, she look at Ichigo, her eyes narrowed.

「あの旅禍の少女は、非常に優れた治癒能力をお待ちのようですね。 ……本当に、あなたは良い仲間に恵まれ ましたね」
That ryoka girl, she seems to have an extraordinary superior healing skill. ….Really, you have been blessed with such a good friend(nakama).

「……俺もそう思います」
I feel the same too

Ichigoはそう言って、わずかに口角をあげた。
Ichigo said, the corner of his lips raised up slightly.

But the best part of Honey Dish Rhapsody, for me, of course......is

Spoiler for :

The ultimate Ying Yang love.
Old 2008-07-25, 22:01   Link #6369
sorbet
vicious fan

.........and? Because in the novel Ichigo feels grateful for Orihime's powers so he loves her?

Why don't you talk about how the novel ends with Ichigo washing dishes for Rukia because she fell asleep on the table? What's more, Ichigo looks at her smiling and thought, "I am glad to have come here because I'm able to protect you".

Oh and I thought only imaginary IchiRuki fans scream Ichigo protected Rukia in SS. Apparently an author of the novel which is approved by Kubo thinks the same.

It doesn't mean anything since it is just a novel. But thanks for bringing at up and reminds me how the novel favors IchiRuki a lot.
Old 2008-07-25, 22:41   Link #6370
Warchef

Is there anywhere where you can read the novel in its entirety? I would like to read it.
Old 2008-07-25, 22:44   Link #6371
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
Spoiler for :
Even Ichigo agrees that Orihime's only a nakama to him!

Old 2008-07-26, 03:49   Link #6372
Xyrate

To be honest, I feel there is no story line for either girl. While Ichigo has showed some level of interest in both girls it seems as though he is too indecisive to choose. Each girl represents a different world to Ichigo. Like it or not, Ichigo shares a unique connection with both girls which makes it nearly impossible (based on his personality) to choose imo. At least that is my opinion

Reference to manga
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-26, 12:04   Link #6373
HaNa-san

I really have no business with this thread in the time being or at least until we have something new and WORTH to discuss it for the pairing… but something is bothering me for a while..

Please people who read the manga properly, don't throw words without paying attention to them.. Saying ichigo shares a unique relationship with BOTH rukia and orihime is absolutely wrong… just because you're in neither side, doesn't mean what you're saying is right..

To make it short and simple… the one who changed ichigo's world, gave him the power to protect, stopped his rain is NO ONE BUT RUKIA .. so stop trying to put her effective role as an equal to orihime when it comes to ichigo.. it's the same with the heroine issue.. until orihime DOES at least of these three big roles that rukia has did, then she can come close to rukia significance role overall the story… her powerful power means nothing, if she didn't use it to influence the story and the main characters..

sorry if my post did upset anyone…I didn't mean to offend anyone..but I just intend to show my point of view generally..
Old 2008-07-26, 12:51   Link #6374
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNa-san View Post
I really have no business with this thread in the time being or at least until we have something new and WORTH to discuss it for the pairing… but something is bothering me for a while..

Please people who read the manga properly, don't throw words without paying attention to them.. Saying ichigo shares a unique relationship with BOTH rukia and orihime is absolutely wrong… just because you're in neither side, doesn't mean what you're saying is right..

To make it short and simple… the one who changed ichigo's world, gave him the power to protect, stopped his rain is NO ONE BUT RUKIA .. so stop trying to put her effective role as an equal to orihime when it comes to ichigo.. it's the same with the heroine issue.. until orihime DOES at least of these three big roles that rukia has did, then she can come close to rukia significance role overall the story… her powerful power means nothing, if she didn't use it to influence the story and the main characters..

sorry if my post did upset anyone…I didn't mean to offend anyone..but I just intend to show my point of view generally..
sorry to break this to you sweety, but those three are one in the same. Two of which are side products of gaining the powers.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:53   Link #6375
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Omg, we're getting back into the circular argument...

Old 2008-07-26, 13:03   Link #6376
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Every character is different, each relationship is different. Ichigo has deep respect for Inoue and that's enough: "Inoue is Inoue, she doesn't belong to anyone." Matsumoto said Ichigo needs both girls, therefore both will have importance in his life. There's no use comparing which girl has changed Ichigo's life the most. Kubo made his intent quite clear way back that Orihime would get to impact Ichigo in her own way, as well as Rukia.
Old 2008-07-26, 13:19   Link #6377
Langus
Optimus Prime

xyrate: Thank you You are my new BEST FRIEND on this thread hahaha

Hana San: Yes you're right and you make a good point. While Orihime has the potential to be those things she hasn't done ANY of them yet.

Kakashi: First of all, I DEMAND that you change your avatar back to Kakashi. You can't just strip off the cool factor like that!

Also, since when is MATSUMOTO an expert on Ichigo's thoughts/needs/feelings? She's met him (unless I'm wrong) ONCE in the manga before she says that nice speech to Orihime about how he needs them both.

I heart Matsomoto but get real here. What else was she going to say to Orihime in that scene? The girl was sitting on the floor, crying and feeling sorry for herself. "Yeah you're right Ichigo really does care about Rukia a lot" probably wouldn't have gone over too well. Anyone in that scene with her, unless they were a complete asshole, would've consoled Orihime by saying what Matsumoto did "Hey don't worry, I'm sure he needs both of you..." (not a direct quote but that was the basic gist of it). *rolls eyes* The point of it was to make Orihime feel better about the situation not reveal some unspoken truth about Ichigo's need to have her in his life.

I hope you're all having a splendid weekend I will be fighting tornadoes and shippers. *grin*
Old 2008-07-26, 13:36   Link #6378
HaNa-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Every character is different, each relationship is different. Ichigo has deep respect for Inoue and that's enough: "Inoue is Inoue, she doesn't belong to anyone." Matsumoto said Ichigo needs both girls, therefore both will have importance in his life. There's no use comparing which girl has changed Ichigo's life the most. Kubo made his intent quite clear way back that Orihime would get to impact Ichigo in her own way, as well as Rukia.
you said it orihime WILL .. she STILL DIDN'T do anything to ichigo in the personal level ..so when she does something close to rukia, come and argue with me

Langus your posts are always great to read as they gave me the comfort I need coz it's full of logical facts
Old 2008-07-26, 14:02   Link #6379
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Kakashi: First of all, I DEMAND that you change your avatar back to Kakashi. You can't just strip off the cool factor like that!
Here I am trying to branch out, thinking it would be cool to do something new, but then you go say something like that . Does anyone here think my new avatar is cool? If not, change will have to be made.

Quote:
Also, since when is MATSUMOTO an expert on Ichigo's thoughts/needs/feelings? She's met him (unless I'm wrong) ONCE in the manga before she says that nice speech to Orihime about how he needs them both.
LOL you actually think Kubo would write something like that if it turned out not to be true? Why waste the ink? Did he do it for lulz, like this guy?

Spoiler for I hope you didn't Kubo...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNa-san View Post
you said it orihime WILL .. she STILL DIDN'T do anything to ichigo in the personal level ..so when she does something close to rukia, come and argue with me
Not true, she has impacted Ichigo greatly. But I agree not to the same extent as Rukia...yet...
Old 2008-07-26, 14:17   Link #6380
HaNa-san

being active when I have an exam that I'm trying to ignore is baaad T^T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Here I am trying to branch out, thinking it would be cool to do something new, but then you go say something like that . Does anyone here think my new avatar is cool? If not, change will have to bemade.
I like your current avatar better ..it's much cooler in my opinion so leave it as it is ^^

Quote:
LOL you actually think Kubo would write something like that if it turned out not to be true? Why waste the ink? Did he do it for lulz, like this guy?
even though matsumoto said that.. did we see something from orihime..sure she's important to ichigo, but it's the same with all of her friends..it's not just for ichigo

Quote:
Not true, she has impacted Ichigo greatly. But I agree not to the same extent as Rukia...yet...
You mean when she cheered him up after she saw his mask ><.. she was the cause of his depression ..I want something she did by herself without being the cause of it .. like rukias' previous roles..
Closed Thread