Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-11-06, 20:36   Link #6361
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
I am guessing that the Dynames Repair 2 will function as a drone unit or remote controlled by Haro and Lyle will be able to reload its gun handle GN Condensor with the cartridges from the Zabinya's hips to prolong its operation limit.
I ... actually like that theory. Well at least the method of recharging. Personally I hope that's the solution to the recharging problem that the archer. (being forced to attach to the corresponding unit). If that's true, I wonder if the other units might have hardpoints for those containers for certain situations (like Zabanya not being available for that mission)?
Old 2009-11-06, 23:59   Link #6362
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
return of dynames , would like to see it get fitted with its original gn drive like exia r2 got in s2 ep25
Old 2009-11-07, 01:17   Link #6363
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Hm, if Zabinya is going to take Arios' gimmick in S2 I wonder what's left of poor Harute.

He always gets the short end of the stick .
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 01:23   Link #6364
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... what gimmick are you talking about? Arios' gimmick was and always has been the mobile armor form.
Old 2009-11-07, 02:02   Link #6365
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

@jonli: please clarify!!!
Old 2009-11-07, 02:40   Link #6366
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... what gimmick are you talking about? Arios' gimmick was and always has been the mobile armor form.
I think he means the whole ordeal with Arios recharging the Archer.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 04:38   Link #6367
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

I wonder if the dynames repair can hook up to a gaint sniper rifle like it did back in S1. Maybe thats the reason why its condenser is like a Gun handle because it will use up alot of its gn particles powering the giant sniper that it needs to be reloaded with GN particles.

Maybe this gaint sniper rifle is attached to tolemy, I would imagine so because dynames would need to be near tolemy inorder to reload on GN particles.

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2009-11-07 at 07:58.
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 05:05   Link #6368
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If Tau GNP were produced on the same scale as the 00 Raiser in Trans-Am mode, would it start to Innovate people? I'm not talking about the toxic Tau GNP, I'm talking about the orange ones.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2009-11-07 at 05:21.
Old 2009-11-07, 05:25   Link #6369
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

@nosferatu: as we know only true gn drive have that capability!!!!!!!
Old 2009-11-07, 05:40   Link #6370
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Are all the exclamation marks necessary? I mean...really come on.
Old 2009-11-07, 06:38   Link #6371
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I myself wouldn't be surprised if all the meisters have a "pre-Gundam" type MS.
Well,the movie is only 90 minutes,fitting the main Gundams is going to be hard as it is,let alone pre-Gundam suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
return of dynames , would like to see it get fitted with its original gn drive like exia r2 got in s2 ep25
Well,Celestial Being may be short of Drives right now,and the design did say Condenser type.We'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
@nosferatu: as we know only true gn drive have that capability!!!!!!!
No,not really.We actually dont know that.

Infact,based on what we know of GN Particles,Tau Drives's should be able to produce the same kind of effects actually.

Quote:
If Tau GNP were produced on the same scale as the 00 Raiser in Trans-Am mode, would it start to Innovate people? I'm not talking about the toxic Tau GNP, I'm talking about the orange ones.
I dont know,maybe that's possible.

But we have to ask,how does 00 Raiser Innovate people anyway?Only Setsuna has been Innovated.The others get a short QBW connection network in an area but that's it,we dont know how hard is it to Innovate people.

War also helps speed the process up a bit,if I'm not mistaken[More specifically,its more effective in battlefields,since the people are so far apart.I'll have to go re-read the koryoukoukan blog entry again].That's the reason Celestial Being started their interventions,because Innovation works better when there's war[Source:2307-2312 Mission Complete sourcebook].Only Setsuna knows of this though for now,and maybe Tiera too.

I'm guessing the Tau Drives will be able to Innovate people though they may be some problems in regard to wavelenght,so its possible that green wavelengh may be needed to be used,but that's no problem for the Tau Drives.

The real problem would come in the form of Trans-Am,since that may be needed to distibute the particles further,remember the Quantum effect only exist in that form for 00 Raiser,and Tau Drivs cannot withstand Trans-Am,so it may be a short one time thing.
Old 2009-11-07, 06:42   Link #6372
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, it's been said that Tau GNP have the same uses and functions as true GNP, so I suppose if done right, it can pulled off.

But I don't wanna see that happen, I was just curious.
Old 2009-11-07, 07:01   Link #6373
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
I wonder if the dynames repair can hook up to a gaint sniper rifle like it did back in S1. Maybe thats the reason why its condenser is like a can handle because it will use up alot of its gn particles powering the giant sniper that it needs to be reloaded with GN particles.

Maybe this gaint sniper rifle is attached to tolemy, I would imagine so because dynames would need to be near tolemy inorder to reload on GN particles.
the huge rifle that the Dynames used in S1 was charged externally from a pre-prepared store.

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 13:05   Link #6374
astranagun

Spoiler for Dynames Repair:

I can understand why the Exia didn't have them (lack of time for installation, ecc.) but why they removed the additional condensers on Dynames too? Isn't that kinda a waste?

I mean they don't take weapon space and can give additional operation time even if it run only on them.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 14:21   Link #6375
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Spoiler for Dynames Repair:

I can understand why the Exia didn't have them (lack of time for installation, ecc.) but why they removed the additional condensers on Dynames too? Isn't that kinda a waste?

I mean they don't take weapon space and can give additional operation time even if it run only on them.
What exactly do you mean by that,additional Condensers that is?Who says they don't have them?

I'm loving the new Dynames concept so far.Zanbanya charges the magazines,and Dynames uses them up.A change of magazine is done when is needed [LOL Dynames reloaded],and Dynames uses up the new fresh magazine while Zabanya charges the spent one for re-usage.Probably doesnt require actual docking and charging like we've seen so far.

Would be interesting to see how the reloading is actually done.[How complicated it is,time needed,vulnerability].Would be more awesome if the magazine can fly around by themselves,that will make the reloading simpler.

Hmmm........I guess it's also possible that Dynames would actually be the sniping aspect of the Gundam team this timne around,it seems to be the only obvious one at the moment although there's no confirmation of that.Though by extension Dynames would be sort of like Zabanya reliant.
Old 2009-11-07, 14:37   Link #6376
astranagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
What exactly do you mean by that,additional Condensers that is?Who says they don't have them?
For additional condensers I mean the ones on the arms/legs. You are right, we can't be sure there aren't at this point but they are, at least, not visible.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 14:55   Link #6377
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
For additional condensers I mean the ones on the arms/legs. You are right, we can't be sure there aren't at this point but they are, at least, not visible.
Well,Dynames's arms did have them,and I dont think they're there anymore.The legs however,were never visible even on the original Dynames.

I personally would not think they would take it out either way.It helps make the MS stronger since it has more direct access to GN Particles.Astraea got a boost of power from having them installed in it's F2 version,among other things.

I'm really hoping that HG Dynames Condenser Type will come with handguns,its one of the things I really disliked about HG Dynames and now,I'm hoping I could pose the old HG Dynames with something similar.

Quote:
Anyone know if GN missiles, bazookas, and rockets use GNP as an explosive, or just a propellant?
Quote:
But how though? Do the projectiles compress the particles on impact?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What they probably do is flood the target with the GN-Particles upon impact. Remember in season 1, whenever one of the GN-Missiles hit, the MS would balloon up until it exploded.
Quote:
That doesn't seem to be the case with most of them though. Some GN Missiles seem to have explosive force. That brings me to another bit of confusion. As a weapon, when GN Particles fill an MS or ship, the target explodes. Why doesn't that happen with the 00 Raiser when it enters Trans-Am?
To my knowledge,GN Particles arent explosive as in they dont cause things to explode via contact alone.They do "splash" sometimes when they contact againts surfaces they can't break through[ IE Like when Louise got hit by Drei,she want directly by the beam,] but other than that in beam form they simply vaporise the things they come into contact with.

The reason they dont explode inside Gundam is probably because the control and stabalisation systems that ensure they dont,and the final acceleration into their most dangerous and powerful beam, form could happen near the tip of the exit point of the weapon.

That and pumping GN Particles into an MS is unnatural and the GNP output may be tuned on purpose by the missle to do damage here[to the enemy],rather than being stored or transfered inside an MS Systems[for yourself].

Whereas,inside an MS System,the GNP is fully under control and under an enviroument that is designed to control and transfer GNP.That's what they're designed to do.

But remember the time when 00 itslef failed in Trans-Am,that's probably one example of the MS's system failing to handle the particles internally and that damages the system itself.So even though your trying to keep the GNP under control,the system can still be overwhelmed.

But other than that,GN Particles application it seems to do different thing based on how they're treated,obviously the application technology itself play a large role in what they appear to do.Beam form probably have them heavily compressed and accelereated into extremely fast speeds.Water by itself isnt that dangerous but compress and accelerate them into super fast speeds and they become different.You can out them into low temparturres and they become icecubes,totally dfferent than when its in liquid form.GN Particles probably have different forms and traits of each form as well,though the explanation for each and every one of them may be beyond us.

Regarding the missles,they do inject the particles into the object and explode.They may be different type of missle that may just explode on impact,I dont see much of the injection type in S2,but they could be different types.

But I think the injection type injects the GN Particles into the MS equipment,damages the equipment through the displacement of the [normal] particles[maybe its not totally the same,the equipment could be forced to expand].....and the unstability of the MS system due to the damage done to equipment cause the equipment to explode[rather than the GNP exploding];alot like beams but method of getting the GNP to damage the equipment is different and more direct rather than and could be a bit different from just vapourising it.

If they are explosive missles,it may works just like normal missle,explosion and damage through the sharpnels of the missles and then maybe some leftover GN Particles from the explosion that may be tuned to do a bit consussion damage.

But the real magic of GNP is the versatality of it.These necessaily may not exist in natural form,hell we dont even know what their natural form is.The visible bits produced and released by GN drives may be due to a human application as well,they could exist naturally [and personally I do,based on what we've seen in the anime].They're real advantage is just how versatile the particles are in the alot of applications.

Beam weapons,lasers[havent seen any yet,but who knows],thruster propelant,anti gravity fields,radio disruption,physical barriars,invisibility,teleportation,healing,radiat ion poisoning,radio jamming,armor reinforcing,mutation etc.I'm sure I'm missing something here but you get the point.

Just playing guesswork here.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2009-11-07 at 17:05.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 17:47   Link #6378
justsomeguy

Why would CB resurrect Dynames, instead of making Cherudim Repair?
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 18:42   Link #6379
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Why would CB resurrect Dynames, instead of making Cherudim Repair?
The same reason Exia Repair exists. The 1st season Gundam Chassis are far more reliable and consistent in performance, because they have been tested over many years. If they want a backup unit, they don't want something that needed too much fine-tuning as it would distract the engineers from taking care of the main force.
Old 2009-11-07, 19:22   Link #6380
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The same reason Exia Repair exists. The 1st season Gundam Chassis are far more reliable and consistent in performance, because they have been tested over many years. If they want a backup unit, they don't want something that needed too much fine-tuning as it would distract the engineers from taking care of the main force.
The 4th gen Gundams have been fielded successfully in battle, and except for 00 are perfectly reliable, so having more time in testing would be unlikely to expose any flaws. What pilot would be willing to get into a unit that's two generations behind in technology and performance if a newer unit was available? And a drone would get shot down even faster in an old unit, since there is no extra performance to make up for any AI deficiencies.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote