AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 12:04   Link #6361
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I didn't get the foreshadowing, actually a lot of people didn't seem to get it. And even now, let's face it, it's not exactly the greatest foreshadowing ever or that interwinded with the actual story that took place. He could have pulled anything and it wouldn't have affected the so called "foreshadowing" we got.

Just having certain tropes in there, or loosly meeting certain requirements, doesn't just necessarily make any plot you come up with great. That's what a lot of people don't get. It's not just the pieces that go into it, but how it's all crafted together.
Old 2011-10-08, 12:20   Link #6362
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I didn't get the foreshadowing, actually a lot of people didn't seem to get it. And even now, let's face it, it's not exactly the greatest foreshadowing ever or that interwinded with the actual story that took place. He could have pulled anything and it wouldn't have affected the so called "foreshadowing" we got.

Just having certain tropes in there, or loosly meeting certain requirements, doesn't just necessarily make any plot you come up with great. That's what a lot of people don't get. It's not just the pieces that go into it, but how it's all crafted together.
Well, they seem to handle whole "foreshadowing" business a little better in the anime, since the people writing it know what's coming rather than make some things up as they go along. Take Doranbolt, for example. Hiro Mashima was torn between making him a member of Fairy Tail, Grimoire Heart, and even the scarcely mentioned Tartaros before settling on making him a member of the Council. Then comes the anime, where they mention a certain Doranbolt and silhouette his face before his formal appearance.

Speaking of which, and if it's not too late to say this, I wouldn't be surprised if Doranbolt actually becomes a member of Fairy Tail at some point during the time skip.

...The latest chapter is supposed to come out today, is it not?

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-10-08 at 12:34.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 13:02   Link #6363
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, they seem to handle whole "foreshadowing" business a little better in the anime, since the people writing it know what's coming rather than make some things up as they go along. Take Doranbolt, for example. Hiro Mashima was torn between making him a member of Fairy Tail, Grimoire Heart, and even the scarcely mentioned Tartaros before settling on making him a member of the Council. Then comes the anime, where they mention a certain Doranbolt and silhouette his face before his formal appearance.

Speaking of which, and if it's not too late to say this, I wouldn't be surprised if Doranbolt actually becomes a member of Fairy Tail at some point during the time skip.

...The latest chapter is supposed to come out today, is it not?
Already out

Spoiler for 254:
Old 2011-10-08, 13:08   Link #6364
MAX_COLA_POWER!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!,
Spoiler:
..MEN!
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 13:19   Link #6365
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

LMAO

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-08, 13:47   Link #6366
ShiroiRyu

Anyways, that was a real good chapter for me. **
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 13:48   Link #6367
immblueversion

Spoiler for Chapter 254:

Old 2011-10-08, 13:51   Link #6368
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm guessing Romeo is going to be the main lead in this arc?
Old 2011-10-08, 14:07   Link #6369
Bern-san

wow...

Spoiler for new chap:

it felt so short the chapter
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:08   Link #6370
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
wow...

Spoiler for new chap:

it felt so short the chapter
the spirits are not forzen but as long as lucy has her keys she keeps them.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:16   Link #6371
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler for chapter:
Old 2011-10-08, 14:26   Link #6372
immblueversion

I wonder what kind of magic Romeo will be using. Maybe he'll be a fire wizard like his dad and Natsu, though I doubt he'll be a Dragon Slayer.

Considering Tenrou Island supposedly still exists, I really have to wonder if all the missing guys will be frozen in time or something, or if they're just sleeping and will wake up older, like Rip Van Winkle. I really do want to see everyone sport new, older looks, especially since Romeo is sporting Natsu's old look; it just doesn't seem fair to just make the "underdogs" (or so to speak) of the guild get the time skip aging treatment. And if they haven't aged, I wonder if this will end up being one of those stories that can be resolved with time travel. Because I really don't want it to end up like that.

I just wish the chapter was longer than it is. So much has changed and we've been given so little to establish this new era that I'm worried Hiro Mashima may not consider this to be a permanent change and just snap back to the way things used to be with time travel. After all, what could established threats such as Raven Tail and Tartaros have been doing all this time? And since the anime is at risk catching up with everything, what kind of padding and filler could they offer to spread the distance without totally stopping or completely changing the plot? Maybe I'll feel more reassured when more light is shed on everything, but then again, maybe not. This uncomfortable feeling is the bane of not having any idea of what the hell is going to happen next.

Old 2011-10-08, 14:33   Link #6373
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for new chapter:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:34   Link #6374
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Romeo's looks kind of remind me of Zeref. There is still no explanation why Zeref knows Natsu but Natsu can't remember him, right? Is Zeref possibly living in multiple timelines at the same time? Nah, that sounds ridiculous. We better wait for new hints before coming up with theories as wild as those. But wow, Fairy Tail has a Sanji now.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:36   Link #6375
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Spoiler for new chapter:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-08, 14:45   Link #6376
hilly
hilly

It comes to me that beside edolas and earthland,there are another dimension/world like the stellar spirit world or the world where dragons reside/hide.
Maybe the mysterious girl is not a fairy but a stellar spirit!
And she transport them all to the stellar spirit world!
That would made connection between Lucy's mother and fairy tail,and as the main female lead,
Lucy's story and background may be deepen
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:45   Link #6377
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-08, 14:45   Link #6378
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the spirits are not forzen but as long as lucy has her keys she keeps them.
yeah but suppose she is frozen, the spirits don't know when she is going to go back to normal again. Don't they break the contract? Angel's spirits broke the contract with her after she was arrested (at least three of them). The circunstances are different (and Lucy's spirits love her while Angel's...) but both of them are unable to use their keys for a period of time

God, I'm overthing too much

It's a shame that the other guilds didn't help Fairy Tail that much, but anyways, at least Blue Pegasus is going to find a way to bring back our characters. Maybe Lamia joins along the way (and we see that Lyon and Sherry are married too-)
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:46   Link #6379
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

So Makao is the strongest of all people left behind

That's so sad... Oracion Seis just takes the best and you don't need all the underlings, I like that model better
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:47   Link #6380
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
yeah but suppose she is frozen, the spirits don't know when she is going to go back to normal again. Don't they break the contract? Angel's spirits broke the contract with her after she was arrested (at least three of them). The circunstances are different (and Lucy's spirits love her while Angel's...) but both of them are unable to use their keys for a period of time

God, I'm overthing too much

It's a shame that the other guilds didn't help Fairy Tail that much, but anyways, at least Blue Pegasus is going to find a way to bring back our characters. Maybe Lamia joins along the way (and we see that Lyon and Sherry are married too-)
even if the spirits want to, they still need to get theirs key away form lucy. Depending on where lucy is struck at, that is probably not possible.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen