AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-30, 16:57   Link #621
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hiroyuki Yoshino's voice acting in particular was phenomenal.
Yoshino was just all-around awesome during the entire run of the show, and so was Inoue. I don't think I've ever heard him in a main role before, but he was really, really good. I'm sure it was also case of very good casting in that the voice fit the character exceptionally well, but the acting was very impressive, too.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 19:04   Link #622
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This show was an unexpected treat for me as well. I think the story development would have been better served with one more episode. As it was a lot of the side stories like Jeanne's were dropped in favor of the Favoro-Kaisar-Amira triad.

On a side note, I see that NBCUniversal got a production credit for this show. It's the successor to Universal Pictures (Japan) after the Comcast acquisition. As far as I can recall, the last time I saw a credit for Universal was on Oh! Edo Rocket back in 2007. I don't see any ties between Cygames and Universal, so the latter's choice to fund this show seems independently motivated.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 19:30   Link #623
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn, only thing I really feel bad for is that Bacchus's ride is gone, and poor Jeanne - forever alone.
Old 2014-12-30, 22:17   Link #624
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it play fast but it was great Kaisar and Favaro do make a good pairing

7/10 what ill be back
Old 2014-12-31, 01:16   Link #625
Chosen_Hero

Is it me or is Jeanne hotter with short hair?
Old 2014-12-31, 03:02   Link #626
Tenzen12

It's just you, Jean is hot with ANY hairstyle.
Old 2014-12-31, 03:51   Link #627
Mubyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's just you, Jean is hot with ANY hairstyle.
I concur, I find her to be the hottest girl in the show, also happen to love her voice.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 04:47   Link #628
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'm calling it now, Whenever Jeanne de Arc is shown in any anime series, Gilles de Rais is also in there somewhere in whatever form.

What can I say, game adaptations are generally subpar, we had blade and soul this year, and some of what are considered as the worst anime are game adaptations. I'm glad that this one managed to be entertaining and with a coherent plot/storyline.

If I were to make a one sentence summary of this series it would be: "A happy go lucky hero and his admirer/friend/partner rides on a giant duck, lands on the head of a world-destroying dragon, jams the dragon's nail into his skull, and saves the world in the process."
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 05:03   Link #629
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think in the end her fate was changed insofar as she didn't die. The way I interpreted the old dragon's words Amira should've been killed before she merged with Bahamut. After she merged with Bahamut she can't be destroyed anymore (just as they couldn't destroy Bahamut the last time, they had to seal him) so all Favaro could achieve was essentially re-sealing Bahamut (and Amira... Bahamira...), which in turn gives time for the good guys to consult some ancient lore and save her in S2 - or so the S2 hook goes.
I don't think Favaro resealed Bahamut at all.

It seems more likely that Favaro gave Amira a wake-up call, and since she is the Key, she managed to temporarily stop Bahamut herself.

The miracle is that Favaro managed to wake up Amira at all, since everyone thought her will would be gone the moment she fused with Bahamut.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 07:42   Link #630
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think Favaro resealed Bahamut at all.

It seems more likely that Favaro gave Amira a wake-up call, and since she is the Key, she managed to temporarily stop Bahamut herself.

The miracle is that Favaro managed to wake up Amira at all, since everyone thought her will would be gone the moment she fused with Bahamut.
Could be - the whole thing wasn't made particularly clear. But in any case the point seems to be that she's alive somewhere.
Old 2015-01-02, 08:12   Link #631
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
Quote:
Could be - the whole thing wasn't made particularly clear. But in any case the point seems to be that she's alive somewhere.
Look forward for season 2 since a lot of thing need to explained
db84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 09:32   Link #632
kuromitsu

Well, at the very least we know that Favaro still has his tail...

I wonder who made Kaisar's left hand and perhaps Favaro's right leg as well. The inscription said "Dear Hammerhead" and "Price: 2000 rupies"... Hammerhead makes me think Bacchus (or Favaro but there would've been no need for Favaro to go out of his way to inscribe the price into the hand), but I thought Bacchus was Bounty Hunter Boss and not a blacksmith...?
Old 2015-01-02, 14:06   Link #633
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Bacchus is still ranked as a god, and it's not like they would act totally ungrateful to the duo for being instrumental in sealing/teleporting Bahamut away. Now that I think of it, I just hope they didn't 'smite' Rita for being a necromancer/zombie... >.>
Old 2015-01-02, 16:35   Link #634
kuromitsu

But if it's a gift why would he want Kaisar to pay for it. (Maybe it was Favaro?)

I'm sure Rita is fine, after all she kind of saved everyone by creating the antidote...
Old 2015-01-02, 18:41   Link #635
Shadow5YA

Since they mixed in every god from different myths, I'm sure there is some blacksmith guild working under Hephaestus that can make Kaisar's arm and Favaro's leg.

It's not unlike Favaro to order it and tell whoever made it to put it on Kaisar's tab.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-02, 21:11   Link #636
Darthtabby

Quote:
Well, at the very least we know that Favaro still has his tail...
I think I interpreted that scene with Favaro touching his backside as him touching where the tail used to be -I was thinking he'd been released when Amira kissed him. Then again, perhaps that kiss formed a new contract between them after his claim that "This time I'm going to take you to a much better place than lousy ol' Helheim." Regardless I guess it probably does make more sense for him to be expressing confidence that Amira is still alive if he has a tail.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 00:33   Link #637
Irenesharda

Wow, I'm so mad. I didn't even know this episode was going to air and thought it was taking a break off for New Years, but alas, I finally saw the finale today. And what did I think about it?

I suspected before, but this episode completely sealed it. This series was the AOTY for me. There was so much adventure, epicness, comedy, action, and even a touch of romance that this series just excels at all levels.

I love the character development between Kaiser and Favaro and how they started and how they've grown since. I love that Favaro is actually more knowledgeable and mature since this adventure and that he and Kaisar are back to best friends again.

Man is Bahamut powerful, pure power and destruction that could never be controlled.

Beelzebub obviously didn't think all this through, even though I guess Martinet/Lavalley/Gilles de Rais did trick him. And this show actually taught me some history, since I had never heard of de Rais before and thus I had to look him up. Now that I know his history, he kind of does fit Lavalley's role perfectly. I knew that the bounty and bracelet would work against him, but I didn't think that Kaisar would lose and arm over it!

And that fight! That fight between Kaiser and Favaro was one of the best choreographed animated sword fights I've ever seen! (And I must admit, both Favaro and especially Kaiser, looked pretty hot this episode with their hair messed up. ) Favaro is of course the prophesied holy knight that will destroy Bahamut. However, I loved the how conflicted Favaro was when he first tried to stab the key seal, knowing that as Amira is the key, by stabbing the key, he is effectively stabbing her as well. However despite all of that, he knew he had to do it, for her as well as for the world. And that farewell between them was excellently done.

And of course, they end as they began but with everyone having grown much from the experience. Kaiser is a knight now and a captain (or was it lieutenant? the subs were confusing), however, his friend is more important that his duty and he's perfectly okay with ditching a coronation to horse race with Favaro. Favaro has returned to being a bounty hunter, but it was the best profession for him. Jeanne has been humbled by her experience and has given herself a new haircut. The stupid, evil king got what was coming to him, and the world is getting rebuilt, though minus a few million people that got horribly annihilated by Bahamut. :P

The ending of this episode was so fantastic and epic and I loved every bit of this story. Great from beginning to end, I have to give both this episode and this series, my rarely given: 10/10!

There is a possibility that there will be a sequel, and I'll be ready and waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I think I interpreted that scene with Favaro touching his backside as him touching where the tail used to be -I was thinking he'd been released when Amira kissed him. Then again, perhaps that kiss formed a new contract between them after his claim that "This time I'm going to take you to a much better place than lousy ol' Helheim." Regardless I guess it probably does make more sense for him to be expressing confidence that Amira is still alive if he has a tail.

Yeah, I think the tail is gone. I think with a kiss she sealed the contract spell and with a kiss, she released him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-01-04 at 03:25.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 05:33   Link #638
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I thought the tail being there (I'm fairly sure it's there) meant that the kiss wasn't about breaking the contract, it was just a kiss. At least I don't think the contract is sealed or broken just by a kiss itself, Amira needs to do her magic to seal/break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I love the character development between Kaiser and Favaro and how they started and how they've grown since. I love that Favaro is actually more knowledgeable and mature since this adventure and that he and Kaisar are back to best friends again.
The friendship between Kaisar and Favaro was my favorite thing about this show. Yes, there was a plot and an epic story and everything, but at the heart of it there were these two, and they were so well-written, well-acted and well-everything. <3
Old 2015-01-04, 20:40   Link #639
Irenesharda

Quote:
Because it was more dramatic that way! Come on!!
Aside of the drama, I think it was to lull Gilles into a false sense of safety. What with his special abilities he could've killed Kaisar if he tried to get too close, and let's face it Kaisar doesn't have much of a talent for deception. Gilles thought that Favaro being a demon meant he posed no danger to him. And the time between Favaro presenting the bracelet and Kaisar (it was him, it's his bracelet) activating it, well... it would've been less dramatic if they did it swiftly.

I'm more curious about how Favaro knew that Gilles had a bounty on him... I suppose it's that Rita and Kaisar were flying close enough, and Rita was talking loud enough, for the newly-healed Favaro to hear, but... oh well, realism is overrated anyway.
I think that Rita actually says Gilles de Rais' name while they're really close to where the villain was standing, and remember that Favaro came up from right below there. He could have easily have heard her and recognized the name from the bounty wanted posters or something. He keeps lots of those things in his bags and he's pretty knowledgeable about bounties, so it's very possible that he knew about the bounty simply from the name drop.

As for having to cut of Kaisar's had to trick the man, it was extreme, but makes perfect sense. both Kaisar and Favaro know that Gilles/Martinet is a master of deception and has tricked and manipulated a lot of people and other immortal beings. He also can see through just about anything that Favaro could pull normally. It was how Favaro became a demon in the first place. Also, as we saw in his Martinet form, the guy is extremely fast and strong. The minute he spotted the deception he could have taken them both out in seconds. So, they only had one chance to be able to trick him and to be able to have time to say the spell chant that could capture him. And it had to be Kaiser since Favaro didn't have his bracelet anymore. And Kaisar, despite having learned a lot on this journey, is not very good at deception on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I did like the way it ended almost coming full circle, with Kaisar and Favaro racing across a viaduct, no longer mortal enemies but friendly rivalry, Kaisar having abandoned being a knight to become a fellow bounty hunter.

Is Bahamut still out there somewhere? Could Amira still be saved? Will there ever be a second season...?
I don't think Amira will show up again. Bahamut, yes, but Amira's arc is done. In a way Favaro did save her. He released her from continuing to be a instrument of destruction. Amira's entire existence has been one big lie, as she was created as a tool, given false memories, and just manipulated all the way around. Giving her peace was probably the best thing that could be done for her. Remember, that she said that by absorbing the two halves of the key she absorbed them into her soul, so she IS the key. By stabbing and destroying the key, Favaro stabbed and destroyed her. Bahamut was sent away but will return, but the key is gone.

Also, considering Favaro's words to the captured Gilles and the fact that at the end Kaisar isn't wearing a bounty hunter's bracelet. I'd say that he's still in fact a knight, but he's also learned to balance his duty and his friendship. He's either taking a break to go racing with his friend, or he'll be a traveling knight, like what most people thought he was the whole beginning of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, she is physically adult, so all hormones should be present (but well, who knows how it's with demons and gods, right?). With or without, I am fine with it.

PS: I was still thinking : "Damn, you pedo!" anyway
Quote:
Yeah. I wouldn't have minded if she was supposed to be all adult and/or there were romantic developments along the line, but as things are... it just didn't sit well with me. (Which is all the worse because it would've been cute otherwise.) Yeah, I think I'm going back to my la la land. Good thing that otherwise the episode was really awesome.
Guys, remember that the one who actually gave us the information that Amira was "five" was Lavalley/Martinet/Gilles. You can't really give anything he says much credence. We saw that Amira was pulled from Nicole fully formed. And it was probably only months ago. Her growth wasn't sped up or anything, she was just formed that way. She's actually more of timeless being saying that she was pulled from an angel as a sort of demonized clone. She has the mind of a child since it wasn't really given the time to mature and grow, but she's really ageless.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-01-04 at 21:02.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 11:25   Link #640
kuromitsu

Quote:
I don't think Amira will show up again. Bahamut, yes, but Amira's arc is done.
But Favaro went on a journey to find her and save her... She wasn't destroyed, and Favaro is pretty damn sure that Bahamira is still out there somewhere.

Quote:
He's either taking a break to go racing with his friend, or he'll be a traveling knight, like what most people thought he was the whole beginning of the show.
He's most definitely on the way to have adventures with Favaro. Just listen to what he's saying.

Quote:
Guys, remember that the one who actually gave us the information that Amira was "five" was Lavalley/Martinet/Gilles. You can't really give anything he says much credence. We saw that Amira was pulled from Nicole fully formed. And it was probably only months ago. Her growth wasn't sped up or anything, she was just formed that way. She's actually more of timeless being saying that she was pulled from an angel as a sort of demonized clone. She has the mind of a child since it wasn't really given the time to mature and grow, but she's really ageless.
No, but she actually behaves like a little girl. Physical body aside, mentally she's a child, and so it's still creepy to me...

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy