AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 02:47   Link #621
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

No, Nemu wasn't mentioned in the game. I presume she died.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 21:18   Link #622
relentlessflame

*Administrator

About Nemu,
Spoiler for original D.C. game vs. anime:
Old 2010-09-08, 00:33   Link #623
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
About Nemu,
Spoiler for original D.C. game vs. anime:
Well i remember that and i figured if she did that that would be the reason. Just figured that I'd check.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 10:21   Link #624
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So uhh, I first dayed DC2 from mangagamer, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet (nor will I soon with the holidays being so busy and all). So just gonna ask just in case I have time later on, is there a true end for DC2? And if so, do I have to do all the routes like so many games do?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 11:13   Link #625
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So uhh, I first dayed DC2 from mangagamer, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet (nor will I soon with the holidays being so busy and all). So just gonna ask just in case I have time later on, is there a true end for DC2? And if so, do I have to do all the routes like so many games do?
There is a true end for D.C. II (well, more like an Epilogue I guess), and you have to play at least 4 out of the 6 main routes to unlock it. The heroines are organized into groups:

Group A: Anzu & Minatsu
Group B: Koko & Nanaka
Group C: Otome & Yume

You must complete at least one route from Group A and one from Group B in order to unlock Group C. You must then complete both from Group C to unlock the special ending. You'll be able to tell that you've met these thresholds because the background of the title screen will change.

IIRC, completing all the routes will unlock some bonus content (staff interview, I think??).

Anyway, 4 1/2 years ago I never imagined that this game would ever be officially localized, so it's quite amazing to me all in all. Looking forward to playing the game again myself (and making sure that my understanding of everything was correct ).
Old 2010-12-25, 16:04   Link #626
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
There is a true end for D.C. II (well, more like an Epilogue I guess), and you have to play at least 4 out of the 6 main routes to unlock it. The heroines are organized into groups:

Group A: Anzu & Minatsu
Group B: Koko & Nanaka
Group C: Otome & Yume

You must complete at least one route from Group A and one from Group B in order to unlock Group C. You must then complete both from Group C to unlock the special ending. You'll be able to tell that you've met these thresholds because the background of the title screen will change.

IIRC, completing all the routes will unlock some bonus content (staff interview, I think??).

Anyway, 4 1/2 years ago I never imagined that this game would ever be officially localized, so it's quite amazing to me all in all. Looking forward to playing the game again myself (and making sure that my understanding of everything was correct ).
I was under the impression that you only got the true ending after clearing all six routes? Ah well, whatevah. Yeah, great to see that it's finally been officially translated. Though I never did manage to finish all of the first game... (Though that's mostly my computer's fault-- it suddenly decided that it was a dangerous virus, for some reason... I just hope it takes a bit more kindly to this one.)
Old 2010-12-25, 18:18   Link #627
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I think it's merely a false positive (at least with AVG), because it was also recognizing that mangagamer's original DC was a virus as well. When I switched to avast, it said it was ok though.

Anyways, you gotta be kidding me! Need to suffer through either Anzu or Minatsu's first before group c? Oh well, I guess I'll do Koko first then, and after blaze through Anzu's (never really liked robot girls XD)

Thanks though! Gfaqs wasn't very helpful in this area...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:15   Link #628
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I think it's merely a false positive (at least with AVG), because it was also recognizing that mangagamer's original DC was a virus as well. When I switched to avast, it said it was ok though.

Anyways, you gotta be kidding me! Need to suffer through either Anzu or Minatsu's first before group c? Oh well, I guess I'll do Koko first then, and after blaze through Anzu's (never really liked robot girls XD)

Thanks though! Gfaqs wasn't very helpful in this area...
Yeah, it's definitely AVG that's the problem... Sadly, I'm far too lazy to switch to another program, and the first Da Capo is the only game I've had trouble with from them so far, (II is working fine) so...

And personally, I have no problem with the way the game is set up, because I still love Minatsu, and was planning on doing her route first anyway. Or, it's either her or Nanaka, who somehow managed to make more of an impression on me here in the one scene she's appeared in than she did in the entire anime...

EDIT: I have now cleared Minatsu's route and am currently going through Nanaka's, and I just wanted to say... Yuzu freaks the hell out of me. Seriously, there is just something about that insanely cheerful and energetic behaviour of hers that seems extremely unnerving to me, for whatever reason.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2010-12-29 at 16:34.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 06:53   Link #629
Vegard Aune

Ok, Nanaka route cleared. And I have 3 things I'd like to say...
1. Nanaka sure was way more lovable and awesome here than I remembered her being in the anime. Like, I think I can actually understand why she's so popular now.
2. I still find Yuzu more disturbing than cute.
3. Mabushikute Mienai is such a nice song... Actually, before I started playing the game, I had pretty much decided that I'd do Minatsu's route first because, y'know, I'm still something of an Amakase-fanboy, and then Nanaka second just for that song. Though I obviously ended up enjoying her story for way more than just that.

Oh yeah, by the way... Does the game ever give a real reason as to why...
Spoiler for OH GOD THIS IS SUCH A MASSIVE SPOILER FOR THE OTHER ROUTES!!!:

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2010-12-30 at 07:53.
Old 2011-01-01, 12:40   Link #630
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Ok, Nanaka route cleared. And I have 3 things I'd like to say...
1. Nanaka sure was way more lovable and awesome here than I remembered her being in the anime. Like, I think I can actually understand why she's so popular now.
2. I still find Yuzu more disturbing than cute.

1. Agree, go ready Imaginary Future and you can die without regret
2. Yuzu is cute in my opinion

Spoiler for spoiler:

Nanaka route was delicious treat until it get to the drama part, I haven't finish it yet,

Spoiler for Nanaka route:

I only compete Anzu route but compare to Nanaka it lacking a alot. May be because we didn't see match interaction between Anzu and Yoshiyuki

Spoiler for Anzu:

Nothing better Nanaka in kimono greeting you on the first days of the year
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 14:46   Link #631
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Spoiler for Nanaka route:
Eh, I've seen worse. I remember in the Asa Shigure route in Shuffle...
Spoiler for ...where...:

EDIT: Anzu's route cleared.
Spoiler for Impressions:

Well, anyway, that's 3 routes done, and so far, I think I can safely say that this is way better than the anime.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2011-01-02 at 14:48.
Old 2011-01-05, 10:11   Link #632
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Sorry for trying to bring something back up, but this is really just bugging me lately.

Did they release a DC2 version of 第二ボタンの誓い/Dai 2-botan no chikai?

And, no matter what happens, no matter gets in my way, I will finish Nanaka's route. Even if it's the last VN I'll ever play.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:00   Link #633
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Sorry for trying to bring something back up, but this is really just bugging me lately.

And, no matter what happens, no matter gets in my way, I will finish Nanaka's route. Even if it's the last VN I'll ever play.
I'm saving Nanaka's route for last just so i can ensure finishing this novel. Save the best for last because i will be sure to go for it.
Old 2011-01-10, 12:28   Link #634
Vegard Aune

Just finished Yume's route...

I seem to recall relentlessflame once mentioning how he thought this was the best written route in the game. And while I still have Koko and Otome's routes to go before I can say for sure, I feel inclined to agree. That was... pretty much perfect. Well, apart from the H-scenes. How I wish Mangagamer had adapted the all-ages version instead... (Or, wait. If they did that... I'd have to sit through an Aisia-route. Excuse me, I have to go ponder if that would really be worth it.)
Old 2011-01-14, 17:40   Link #635
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Don't think they did - the closest thing would be the phone ringtone used in the game.

Character:
Otome>nanaka>anzu>yume>koko>minatsu
Story
Otome>yume>koko=nanaka=anzu>minatsu

I like the first 1/2 of Otome's story more than any other routes: she has a very cute, caring, and straight forward attitude. How can you resist someone running down the hall yelling "Otouto-kun~!" cheerfully?
The 2nd 1/2 of her route is partially shadowed by the whole "incident investigation" event - I wish they could have spent more time together without worrying about such a thing. It gets rather painful to bear towards the end when Otome kept her distances. Yoshiyuki thinks about her all the time yet the lack of interaction between the two makes me want to scream at her for wasting what little precious time they have left together. I wish the epilogue can be a little longer to compensate the lack of interaction. (I am willing to trade the h-scene at the end for a few more days of stories - the scene seem a little out of place)

Yume's route is like a mirror to Otome's: at first she seem to pale in comparison to her sister: she is somewhat whiny, not as caring, keeps things to herself. Yet you get a glimpse of her cuter side when she wait for you at the school gates + tries to learn how to cook properly. Towards the end the two share a lot of irreplaceable memories together before Yoshiyuki's inevitable disappearance. I also like the whole "dream"/foreshadowing/fate theme a lot.

The final scene of Yume's is more touching than Otome's.

Onto the other characters:
As a Kotori fan I started the game with Nanaka. Perhaps the Kotori syndrome is still in effect (after many years), I expected too much/hoping to find a shadow of her (possible) ancestor within Nanaka. There are bits and pieces which I believe could have been done better. For example, I feel as if Nanaka recovered from her loss of power a little too quickly: I do not expect another “going to hole myself up” scenario (Kotori), but I would like to see her trying to understand others and express herself one step at a time instead of mastering it just after seeing the fight between yoshiyuki and wataru.
Yuzu’s story could also use a little more work. Having Nanaka slowly learning to communicate with others via Yoshiyuki and Yuzu, then moving onto dealing with Koko I believe would make a better story.
Koko's story is a lot better than expected.

Onto Anzu: her character/little teases she does makes her really stand out.
I like Anzu better with her hair down .

One thing to note is that the music is really well done with the various scenes.

Having now finished the game I am very disappointed at the anime: characters (esp Yume's buns) look so deformed and the plot in the anime does not do the game any justice. I believe a "hard reset" story telling style might be more suitable.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 19:23   Link #636
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Don't think they did - the closest thing would be the phone ringtone used in the game.
For the record, they actually did, but it was on a Sofmap Bonus CD, so not an easily-available track.

And other than that, re: your comments about Nanaka, I would just say that Nanaka starts out the game a lot more sociable and outgoing than Kotori, and she didn't use her "powers" as much as a crutch as Kotori did. Hence, the different story. I don't think she really needed to learn how to communicate with others as she was never really bad at that to start with; she could only use her powers when she touched someone anyway, so she wasn't constantly bombarded with others' thoughts as Kotori was. They probably could have done a lot of her story without having that power at all; I always felt it was there more for a sort of fanservice than for anything truly plot-critical.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:40   Link #637
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Just finished Yume's route...

I seem to recall relentlessflame once mentioning how he thought this was the best written route in the game. And while I still have Koko and Otome's routes to go before I can say for sure, I feel inclined to agree. That was... pretty much perfect. Well, apart from the H-scenes. How I wish Mangagamer had adapted the all-ages version instead... (Or, wait. If they did that... I'd have to sit through an Aisia-route. Excuse me, I have to go ponder if that would really be worth it.)
that would be Plus Situation the expanded all ages version of da capo 2. There is a hentai version of that called plus communication.

i REALLY hope those get translated because i want the akane route
Old 2011-01-15, 04:49   Link #638
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
that would be Plus Situation the expanded all ages version of da capo 2. There is a hentai version of that called plus communication.

i REALLY hope those get translated because i want the akane route
Yes, I know. I too wish they'd translate that. I'm curious about the new characters, (especially Aisia, despite the fact that she's kinda my least favourite character in this entire franchise...) and if the new routes are even half as good as the original ones, it's probably worth playing. Though of course, if they were to translate Plus Situation/Communication, they should probably do the one for the original D.C. first...
Old 2011-01-23, 21:30   Link #639
Gibber

Still Minatsu and Yume's routes left to go but I didn't expect Wataru to be a pretty good side character. Hell, he could have been a better protagonist lol.
Spoiler for Nanaka's and Koko's routes:

Also, I think the H-scenes weren't even needed (besides attracting sales) but meh, I'll take them. And I hate to compare source material to adaptation, but damn, why couldn't the anime have been more awesome like the VN.

Also, now another Nanaka fanboy ^_^
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 12:12   Link #640
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

it frustrates me still how Circus left nanaka's heritage a mystery.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel