AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-24, 10:50   Link #621
Huh...?

For me, i like a Artist based on the Song, not the Song based on the Artist.
Like there are many YOASOBI songs that i don't like because they are not my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think there may exist one or two people who indeed genuinely think it fits (and they are wrong), but majority don't truly care and would react to same to any kind of objection no matter how appropriate or inappropriate it would be.
The way you made that comment, makes me think that you don't really care what others have to say, as you believe what you think is the universal truth.

I mean, you are saying that atleast 30 Million people are wrong (48 Million views on the main MV on a Channel which has 6 Million Subs, minus about 10 Million views to account for rewatch).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-24, 11:58   Link #622
Tenzen12

Aren't you aware that you just proved my point about taking any criticism of Yaosobi being used in SnF as criticism of Yaosobi themselves? Of course it has lot of views and it's super popular. It's damn good song after all. Now tell me why are you conflating it's popularity with being right for this anime? These are two completely unrelated topics and if you were objective you would never use it as argument.

Or did all these millions people actually commented or voted in poll how fitting that song is, when they watched it? If not then we don't know what they think about that topic. As far as I am concerned every single of them might be right. You shouldn't assume opinions of people you don't know.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-12-24 at 12:15.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-24, 12:27   Link #623
GDB

By that logic, where are the millions of people who support your opinion that it doesn't fit? I mean, you say only like two people actually think it fits, so clearly you must be able to easily source all these opinions that agree with you, yeah?

Quote:
Or did all these millions people actually commented or voted in poll how fitting that song is, when they watched it? If not then we don't know what they think about that topic. As far as I am concerned every single of them might be right. You shouldn't assume opinions of people you don't know.
Did you seriously post this one post apart from you assuming the opinion of nearly every person who watched this series and/or listened to the OP song?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-24, 12:34   Link #624
Tenzen12

Difference is I already hear enough arguments of other side so it is no longer people I don't know. I am confident about opinions of people who told me their opinions duh.

Also I never used random numbers of people that are supposed to support me.

Edit: Well to be fair I did assume existence of one or two people who genuinely think it fits instead just being defensive , even though I didn't experienced them even once with certainity, but I don't think it's wrong to give people benefit of doubt.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-12-24 at 13:01.
Old 2023-12-24, 13:27   Link #625
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

We tried to be rational here. It's you who went all defensive simply because you hate this song.

My point was that I find the new OP worse. I did not even tried to discuss if the current OP is good/bad or fitting/unfitting initially.

There are a lot of people who find it unfitting indeed. But there are a lot of people who liked it and not bacause they are hardcore Yaosobi fans (I am not one, for example). Saying that there are "only a couple of people who geniinly liked it" and using incorrect argument for why the song is bad is clear bias.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-24, 13:45   Link #626
Tenzen12

I said repeatedly that it's great song. You don't find anywhere here, on Reddit or on myanimelist where I would say even single bad about this song or its singer. I have to assume you are projecting here. I don't hate this song and I never did. Also I never said "only couple people like it" I explicitly admitted there are millions people who like Yaosobi - Yuusha and I even said it's not surprising as it's good song

You perceive criticism and hate where there is none.If that's not being overly defensive nothing is.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-12-24 at 13:56.
Old 2023-12-24, 17:56   Link #627
Frontier

I'll wait to see how it is with visuals. Having visuals and subs really benefitted OP1 in my opinion.
Old 2023-12-24, 19:09   Link #628
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

As a song, Yuusha has grown on me (I didn't like it at all at first). I still think it's a terrible fit for Frieren. The next song sounds OK. Good not great.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-25, 04:35   Link #629
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
By that logic, where are the millions of people who support your opinion that it doesn't fit? I mean, you say only like two people actually think it fits, so clearly you must be able to easily source all these opinions that agree with you, yeah?
This isn't the first time we've discussed whether or not the OP1 song fits, so I stayed out of this time. So if you want an additional example in our microcosm:

I don't believe OP1 fits the series either. It is very much a Production Committee insertion.

There's a really weird vibe going on about the music direction of this series overall, from the fans, not the execution of it within the series. There are a relentless amount of posts praising Evan Call specifically. Yes, his music is good, yes, the BGM of the series fits wonderfully. But what we don't normally see is the composer getting name dropped with praise constantly, even for big series that feature a very well-established composer. I have a strong suspicion why, but won't elaborate.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-25, 09:26   Link #630
zztop

I find it interesting to compare Frieren's premise with this other completed LN series, Enough with This Slow Life! I Was Reincarnated as a High Elf and Now I’m Bored, especially in how both of them approach the nature of time flow and character focus.
https://j-novel.club/series/enough-w...-now-i-m-bored
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 10:40   Link #631
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

*sweating* Heh, the new keyvisual. While it's obvious Sein is leaving, even Stark is not present there. The only scene I recall seeing Stark in the preview is when he looks slapped (10 bucks that's Fern's hand, they already have quite a chemistry) so it looks like the series is taking quite a genre change for the next story arc.
Old 2023-12-26, 14:42   Link #632
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
*sweating* Heh, the new keyvisual. While it's obvious Sein is leaving, even Stark is not present there. The only scene I recall seeing Stark in the preview is when he looks slapped (10 bucks that's Fern's hand, they already have quite a chemistry) so it looks like the series is taking quite a genre change for the next story arc.
Stark is present in the PV.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 18:44   Link #633
Twi

Stark isn't a mage and the next arc is the Magic Exam arc.
Old 2023-12-28, 12:51   Link #634
alex_drian

My initial opinion about what we have of the new OP is that it fits properly next arc, which is an exam arc (a derivative of the tournament arcs) and one that basically ocuppies the whole cour, like in My Hero Academy. Need the whole OP for a proper judgment.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-28, 16:31   Link #635
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I find it interesting to compare Frieren's premise with this other completed LN series, Enough with This Slow Life! I Was Reincarnated as a High Elf and Now I’m Bored, especially in how both of them approach the nature of time flow and character focus.
https://j-novel.club/series/enough-w...-now-i-m-bored
Well, that one is more of a Solo Journey of MC to discover new things to make his life interesting, and the effect and impact MC's involvement has in the lives of others.

As for Frieren, it is a Series for her to understand how her journey with her older and current companion had changed her own life and a focus on her outlook on life.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-02, 08:12   Link #636
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You know something that confused me about the first cour was the fact Eisen punched Stark. Disciplinary hits are common especially if you have seen Gundam's Captain Bright but it suprised me that the move was so strong that it deteriorated Stark's face to the point it never recovered. I tried reading the manga but the context of that punch also seemed weird.
Old 2024-01-02, 12:51   Link #637
Tenzen12

What is weird about it? Stark is too powerfull and Eisen hit him full force during training because he panicked. That's pretty easy understand if you ask me.
Old 2024-01-02, 13:06   Link #638
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
What is weird about it? Stark is too powerfull and Eisen hit him full force during training because he panicked. That's pretty easy understand if you ask me.
I think he means it's weird he got that crazy scar from a punch. It looks more like a burn scar.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-02, 13:42   Link #639
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I think he means it's weird he got that crazy scar from a punch. It looks more like a burn scar.
Because normal people can't take off flesh with a punch.

Scars form when the dermal layer of the skin heals improperly and the texture or pigmentation comes back different from the rest of your skin.
Blunt force would normally leave the skin intact, but cause blood vessels to rapture, leading to bruising.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-04, 05:30   Link #640
magnuskn

Preview for the next episode, which should be out tomorrow?

*edit* Okay, for some reason the link I got from Youtube doesn't seem to be working. No idea what's the problem here.

Tags
adventure, fantasy