AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 19:00   Link #621
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
If vivio is to fight young nanaha at all, we'd have to think that the context is provided to make them antagonistic

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 19:06   Link #622
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Nanoha's backstory was "boring". Even more so than Yuuno's.

No magic, no war, no death.

Sure, Nanoha's dad was in the hopital, but both of Yuuno's parents actually died. And Yuuno grew up practicing magic.

Judging by your post, every scene regarding Nanoha's family and friends was a waste of time.

The point of a backstory isn't to be as exciting as the story actually being told right now. The point is to explain how the characters GOT to this point.

Nanoha's backstory explains how she ended up as the Takamachi Nanoha we all know and love.

But we are less clear about the past that shaped Yuuno, and about his family. We certainly know far less about the Scrya Clan than about the Yagami Family, the Takamachi Family (on Earth and Midchilda), the Testarossa / Hallahoun Family, and the Nakajima / Numbers family.
I thought the Takamichi family history was actually dark
Spoiler:
unless that family history was not canon when they made Lyrical Nanoha.

Anyways yes we really need to know more about Yuuno's family and I think there should be really interesting stuff concerning it. Besides, where did he come into possession of Raising Heart? That also ties in his history before he met Nanoha. It be cool if they went into more depth about that in the games.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 19:42   Link #623
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

It implied afaik

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-09-16, 20:23   Link #624
Kuze

So then, possible candidates to appear?

- Isis as the second Force character
- Precia as a original series appearance (armed with a whip, obviously Fate's final boss )
- Lindy as another original series appearance
- Since we're at it, might as well just outright give Subaru and Teana flight, and let 'em have at it
And?
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:33   Link #625
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I thought the Takamichi family history was actually dark
Spoiler:
unless that family history was not canon when they made Lyrical Nanoha.
Nanoha was born well after that, though, and I was refering to her personal history.

And if 160 years ago, her grandparents were secret government assassins, then 160 years ago, Yuuno's grandparents were interplanetary magic-users who had just witnessed the end of an unimaginably long interstellar war and the rise of the TSAB.

Were the Scrya already trying to find and save the remnants of the past before the last shots were fired? While the fighting was still raging hard?

But more immediately, what kind of childhood and relationships shaped Yuuno?

Quote:
Anyways yes we really need to know more about Yuuno's family and I think there should be really interesting stuff concerning it. Besides, where did he come into possession of Raising Heart? That also ties in his history before he met Nanoha. It be cool if they went into more depth about that in the games.
It would be cool, but it doesn't seem as likely.

The incident of the last game ended up spawning copies of people's memories, which naturally brings up retrospection.

Of course, that wouldn't have mattered for Yuuno and Arf, who didn't have their Linker Cores absorbed. The book couldn't have have produced any Materials based on them. Which is a perfectly sound reason WHY those two weren't available in the first game.

Still, who knows? Maybe they WILL use this opportunity to expand on Yuuno's personality and past.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 21:45   Link #626
Justin_Brett

I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in one of the flight-capable Cyborgs, just to get another bad guy.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 21:50   Link #627
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in one of the flight-capable Cyborgs, just to get another bad guy.
Goodness knows any one of them could use more character development.
Old 2011-09-16, 21:56   Link #628
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

yeah, drones would be due for an upgrade

oh that was MBA

Old 2011-09-16, 22:14   Link #629
Kuze

Playing as a Type IV Gadget Drone would be a kinda fun option, if only for silliness, like Gon from Tekken 3.
Old 2011-09-16, 22:32   Link #630
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Playing as a Type-II GD while the game suddenly shifts genre into akin of Ace Combat? I won't mind
Old 2011-09-17, 00:08   Link #631
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Could always introduce another original character to be the main antagonist.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:40   Link #632
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Could always introduce another original character to be the main antagonist.
I thought the two new girls (and of course they have to be girls, both of them) WERE the two new antagonists?
Old 2011-09-17, 10:34   Link #633
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

No, they're some sort of time police.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:02   Link #634
Kuze

As far as I could understand, even when they arrive they start fighting with each other.

And between the Materials coming back, and Reinforce looking like she's out for blood in some of the screens, not to mention all of the set up lines from BoA, I can't help but think that this is all about fighting and figuring out whether Reinforce can or cannot exist in this AU. Kyrie in particular sounds like she would tell Reinforce to kindly die, so as to not eventually have the Earth destroyed. Or Nanoha and Fate. Or both? IDK. It's all vitally important for some reason, but I'm guessing this is gonna be another fiasco of "why didn't you say that before?!"

On a side note, the LCN forums seem to imply that there was nothing new shown at TGS.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:03   Link #635
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
I think we are missing the Last Boss or Giant Space Flea from Nowhere in this game.

even if they are antagonist they are still out numbered even if they join force with the Materials.

Since TGS is still running right now. When are they going to show GoD? or are they just looping the same trailer as last time?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:04   Link #636
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I hate time travel.

Well, no. Let me amend that.

I hate the idea -- and especially the execution -- of "time-travel as a fully-harnessed human technology."

Chrono Trigger handled it well enough. Humans made technology that harnessed the power of wormholes in time, but the wormholes themselves were a mystery they coudn't reproduce, and which disappeared when they no longer needed them.

Chrono Trigger presented the theory that the portals were created by some being other than Lavos, perhaps a sort of god. A creature outside of time itself, whom was benevolently giving them a chance to save their world.

A creature that apparently went another step further by chucking them and Lavos into a time-space anomaly to keep their final epic battle from destroying the planet as collateral damage.

But I hear that Chrono Cross messed that up grandly, on top of killing all of our beloved characters. And that DALTON, of all people, was the killer.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:12   Link #637
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
I hate time travel.
Megaman agrees with you.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:19   Link #638
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
I hate time travel.

Well, no. Let me amend that.

I hate the idea -- and especially the execution -- of "time-travel as a fully-harnessed human technology."

Chrono Trigger handled it well enough. Humans made technology that harnessed the power of wormholes in time, but the wormholes themselves were a mystery they coudn't reproduce, and which disappeared when they no longer needed them.

Chrono Trigger presented the theory that the portals were created by some being other than Lavos, perhaps a sort of god. A creature outside of time itself, whom was benevolently giving them a chance to save their world.

A creature that apparently went another step further by chucking them and Lavos into a time-space anomaly to keep their final epic battle from destroying the planet as collateral damage.

But I hear that Chrono Cross messed that up grandly, on top of killing all of our beloved characters. And that DALTON, of all people, was the killer.
I dislike Chrono Cross and the Remake because of those. Frigging amnesia on Magus.

right now I'm just hoping that the game doesn't end like the Movie 1st Manga, where everything is back to the way the original was without anything that happened in it matters.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:59   Link #639
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
As far as I could understand, even when they arrive they start fighting with each other.

And between the Materials coming back, and Reinforce looking like she's out for blood in some of the screens, not to mention all of the set up lines from BoA, I can't help but think that this is all about fighting and figuring out whether Reinforce can or cannot exist in this AU. Kyrie in particular sounds like she would tell Reinforce to kindly die, so as to not eventually have the Earth destroyed. Or Nanoha and Fate. Or both? IDK. It's all vitally important for some reason, but I'm guessing this is gonna be another fiasco of "why didn't you say that before?!"

On a side note, the LCN forums seem to imply that there was nothing new shown at TGS.
It would be one thing if they were just going back to kill Reinforce/whoever in order to make sure history progresses as it should. However we also have Thoma, Lily, Vivio, and Einhart some how getting thrown into the past. Something must have caused that, either purposely or accidentally.

Personally the idea of time travel I like the most is going to a parallel universe that is exactly the same as the previous except x amount of time in the past.
Old 2011-09-17, 16:37   Link #640
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Which hardly stops them from being antagonists. You don't need to be evil to be an antagonist, you just need to prevent the hero from accomplishing his goal.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote