AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-21, 03:34   Link #621
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'd rather see an "anone..." ending, continued on OVA with explicit adult loli content. With 18kin (NC17, no minors) label on it.

Hey, a guy can wish right?
you're not alone
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 20:46   Link #622
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

I just watched EP6 today.... On my PSP.... At lunch time.... At work.... BIG MISTAKE!!!! My boss walked in, saw my puffy red eyes, and asked "what's wrong?"

That was a tough one to explain. Gladly he is Japanese and while he doesn't quite appreciate Moe, he understands it.

EP6 was pure gold. I have truly fallen in love with this story.
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 21:29   Link #623
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyVanMan View Post
I just watched EP6 today.... On my PSP.... At lunch time.... At work.... BIG MISTAKE!!!! My boss walked in, saw my puffy red eyes, and asked "what's wrong?"

That was a tough one to explain. Gladly he is Japanese and while he doesn't quite appreciate Moe, he understands it.

Episode 6 was great, that's good your boss understood. Lol

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 08:50   Link #624
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
I rather see an open ending, so they stick to the manga and then they (I hope) could release the rest of the story in OVA format. Wishful thinking, I know.

There might not be enough material for a second season, since, based on Watashiya Kaworu's list of works, she seems to keep her stories below 4 volumes*, so KnJ (manga) might be near its end.

*the only exception seems to be Chibo to Boku, but that seems to be something she works on whether she has other projects going on or not.
OMMFG, i always thought Kodomo author to be a dude, a pedo to be exact. I never imagine it to be a woman. Actually, now that i think about it, i think the author is faking his gender. I mean, compare this to shojo works out there, and see how different they are. Just me guessing, tho'. If the author is really a woman, kudos to her for making something awesome and totally um... un-shojo
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 10:49   Link #625
NG_Zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
OMMFG, i always thought Kodomo author to be a dude, a pedo to be exact. I never imagine it to be a woman. Actually, now that i think about it, i think the author is faking his gender. I mean, compare this to shojo works out there, and see how different they are. Just me guessing, tho'. If the author is really a woman, kudos to her for making something awesome and totally um... un-shojo
and she is already get married.
NG_Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 11:32   Link #626
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Actually, now that i think about it, i think the author is faking his gender.
Uh, no sir. Watashiya Kaoru sensei is most DEFINITLY NOT A GUY.
She's been in the manga business since the early 90s, and have shown herself in numerous events and autographing sessions.
Hell, I've seen her with my very own eyes.

Please check your facts before you say something like that.
Old 2007-11-22, 11:34   Link #627
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Okay... don't be stupid (faking gender???) - Watashiya is not one of those "hidden mangaka" -- she's totally out in the open.
And if you still think this show is just "pedo" you might want to move along because you're completely missing the point of the storyline.
Old 2007-11-22, 12:17   Link #628
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and OMFG too...since when does male authors who write these types of story automatically make them a pedo?

ill let you off this time...*shakes fist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyVanMan View Post

haha...your boss is awesome! XD

but it wasnt really moe...it was just dam right emotional!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 14:08   Link #629
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and OMFG too...since when does male authors who write these types of story automatically make them a pedo?
Yeah, I know, regardless of their gender it automatically makes them a pedo. Get it right.

*hides*
Old 2007-11-22, 20:23   Link #630
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

ill let you off this time...*shakes fist*
Lol. I haven't read any of her previous works. I'm planning to read her previous works after I graduate and pursue my career as a commercial pilot.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 04:19   Link #631
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

I apologize if my post offend you guys. I posted that after visiting her site. Looking at the cover of her works, her taste sure is questionable for a woman. But for a guy like me, i commend her manly taste.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 09:23   Link #632
NG_Zhang

ahahaha, EP 7 has just been released here(China), come on everyone.
NG_Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 11:08   Link #633
Solafighter
Hige

Raw is out but. I hope subs are out soon too.
Old 2007-11-23, 11:50   Link #634
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, I know, regardless of their gender it automatically makes them a pedo. Get it right.
It makes me wonder what they think of female artist's who draw ero scenes.
Old 2007-11-23, 13:21   Link #635
Cal-Reflector

Never heard of this show until I saw spoiler screens for it on Komica, a Chinese 2chan of sorts. I still haven't decided whether I'm going to watch the series, but I think I won't be able to keep myself from skipping everything and watching episode 6. Watched the OVA, and my mind was going off with alarms the entire time to the tune of: "Reiji no! Don't do it! You're a good man, don't become a criminal or do something morally deplorable! NOOOOO!

And here I thought Mayama in Hachikuro had an unhealthy preoccupation with an older woman... Reiji's got it waaaaaaay worse, to a whole other dimension. I worry for the guy. It'd be like Hanamoto-sensei declaring that he loved Hagumi in a romantic way... oh wait, that happened didn't it? Broke many brains and expectations, that wrench did.

I don't why I'm getting so much mileage out of comparing Honey and Clover to this show which I've not even really seen yet (but read about aplenty). I must be going mad.

I'll wait until this series is finished, then see whether anything drastic takes place in the process (Like that episode that went down in infamy in Blood+), then decide if I want to watch it. I think the show may be good, despite the risque content, but risque content with a show full of vulnerable characters with deep, dark, disturbing personal issues is... well, risky of course.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2007-11-23 at 13:48.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 16:54   Link #636
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well as it goes now your best bet would be to try the manga

this definitely goes deeper than your average "risque" series as you have already pointed out about the "nooo reiji dont do it!!!"

but there are also more important issues that might interest you ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 22:26   Link #637
Cal-Reflector

Questions

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-23, 23:28   Link #638
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 6 was absolutely outstanding, in my opinion. Everything was note-perfect, I thought. Melodrama done right. This episode might take several episodes to do in a Japanese TV drama. This is the episode that proves beyond doubt that this is a serious show, whatever else it is.

We have to give credit to the mangaka, Watashiya Kaoru, for everything in the episode, I think, but I also think credit is due to Okada Mari (also a woman), the main writer of the show, who wrote the episode. She also did Mamoru-kun, Sketchbook, and many episodes of Simoun. The director of the ep was Okamura Masahiko (a man), who also did multiple episodes of Onegai My Melody, Mamoru-kun, and Doujin Work.

I thought Sugita Tomokazu (Kyon, etc.) was outstanding, and really carried the episode with his controlled tones. Aki was played by Amano Yuri, who is 41 and has been in such shows as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and starred in (wait for it) Bondage Queen Kate, as well as Shirayuki Hime ("Snow White," 1994).

I first realized that Japanese women artists would do somewhat explicit drawings for a male audience when I saw the work of Nishida Asako, the animation director of Simoun, Fate/Stay Night, Touka Gettan, etc. In fact, Kitamura Eri (Rin's seiyuu) is a good artist and has done some similar things.

Finally, just to prove that Watashiya Kaoru doesn't shy away from the public eye, here is a picture of her, I think from an autograph session at the beginning of last year:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-11-23 at 23:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 01:22   Link #639
Silphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Questions

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Silphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 02:12   Link #640
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silphy View Post
Spoiler:
Thanks. I've been reading the manga and I like it quite a lot, in spite of the distracting fan service that really is too much (coming from Kokone, primarily). The teachers are especially likable: Aoki tries his best (though he is not completely without his issues), Houin is charming, Houin-Aoki is absolute adorable, Shirai is charming in her own tsundere way. All likable characters. Reiji's got deep issues; most of the time he behaves like Maes Hughes towards his daughter (adorable), but then he seems to have accepted that he is a damaged good. I like the guy and hope he can go down the right path... but don't see anyone who can reach out to him. It's why I'm worried most about him.

If I had to rank character in terms of how deep their issues are, Reiji and Kokone need help the most, by far. Mimi and Shirai and Kuro are next, but it seems apparent that they are handling their issues fairly well.

Reiji and Kokone could appear on Doctor Phil together, although I don't think he'd be able to do much good.

Edit: Actually, forget Reiji and Kokone. This would be a great standalone series if I just tuned out all the controversy and focused on Aoki-Shirai-Houin, the trio of teachers and their individual lives, a fulfilling, wholesome, uplifting human drama.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2007-11-24 at 02:30.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen