AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-05-02, 09:10   Link #6381
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There's no reason to save you from a good thing

Besides, you're doing a good deed. By making people happy with your evil ideas.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 09:36   Link #6382
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Am I evil?

Yes, I am.

I am man.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 11:53   Link #6383
Draco Spirit

So I decided to a final fantasy/ a certain magical index crossover...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1031549...Fantasy-parody

Going for a silly somewhat Discworld sort of humor. The focus is very much on giggles and nerdy jokes!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 18:42   Link #6384
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Chapter 16 is up with some answers. Hope you guys enjoy.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9986081...Fated-Memories
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 15:48   Link #6385
Narrator 1
Master of Ellipsis

Chapter 7 of To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari is being worked on now.

In addition to the Necessarius involvement hinted at in the end of Chapter 6, you'll also get some more info revealed on the group behind it all. For the handful of people following, I hope you look forward to it.
Old 2014-05-04, 19:05   Link #6386
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator 1 View Post
Chapter 7 of To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari is being worked on now.

In addition to the Necessarius involvement hinted at in the end of Chapter 6, you'll also get some more info revealed on the group behind it all. For the handful of people following, I hope you look forward to it.
Yes, thank you

And after reading some Worm fics, I think I might try to once again write a ToAru fic with Kiharas acting like the Tinkers in Worm.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 10:23   Link #6387
LevelSeven

Since i have no real time to write on my current fanfics, so, i have a idea again:

turning toaru into a "normal" shounen XD

Toumas power is to negate everything (supernatural fire or natural water), that means: he can negate everything which touchs his right hand, if he wants, and he becomes stronger with the time so that he can do it outside of his body, his powers are part of the miracle-category.....

accel is the same only with a stronger growing speed as in canon and a weaker 100% form, his powers are part of the divine-category....

shiage has a hidden power which is part of the science+magic-category....

the chars are three typical shounen versions:
touma = the one who jumps into the adventures head on (gunha style)
accel = the same as the 'dating-god MC' from the 'world only god knows' , the calm and 'omniscient', 'being never suprised'- char
shiage = the weak/crying/useless MC which cant do anything on his own and only survives because of his friends, he masters his power in the end of the story (like always)

the story runs like always......

would be funny to read the story while the MC's are polar opposites of the Canons XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 11:08   Link #6388
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Since i have no real time to write on my current fanfics, so, i have a idea again:

turning toaru into a "normal" shounen XD

Toumas power is to negate everything (supernatural fire or natural water), that means: he can negate everything which touchs his right hand, if he wants, and he becomes stronger with the time so that he can do it outside of his body, his powers are part of the miracle-category.....

accel is the same only with a stronger growing speed as in canon and a weaker 100% form, his powers are part of the divine-category....

shiage has a hidden power which is part of the science+magic-category....

the chars are three typical shounen versions:
touma = the one who jumps into the adventures head on (gunha style)
accel = the same as the 'dating-god MC' from the 'world only god knows' , the calm and 'omniscient', 'being never suprised'- char
shiage = the weak/crying/useless MC which cant do anything on his own and only survives because of his friends, he masters his power in the end of the story (like always)

the story runs like always......

would be funny to read the story while the MC's are polar opposites of the Canons XD
Yeah, Accel, calm? composed? Nahh, it would be much better if you gave him something like Vegeta's persona from DBZ.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 11:30   Link #6389
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Yeah, Accel, calm? composed? Nahh, it would be much better if you gave him something like Vegeta's persona from DBZ.
But this wouldnt make it so funny XD
imagine the sister arc with a calm accel and a gunha-style touma XD

BTW, im so bored: another cr*ppy idea:
> accel wakes up
it was a normal night and a normal sleep
he goes to the mirror
> he is suddenly in his 10 years old body
> exactly the same look and voice

> touma wakes up
> goes to the mirror
> his voice and his look changed too
> he is suddenly 22 years old

-> accel lost 6 years and touma gained 6 years

at least the reaction of everyone would be interesting.....

LO/Index would be confused as hell XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 06:37   Link #6390
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

The concluding chapter to the Radio Noise revelations act.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9986081...Fated-Memories
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 23:43   Link #6391
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10345860/1/Esper-Royale

Just a fanfiction I find very... unique in the fandom? Whether it's interesting or good is up to the individual to decide.
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 21:14   Link #6392
The One Above God
Kamijou

I wonder when Itherael will update "A New ROAD of Misfortune"? It's one of the best TAMNI fanfics so far along with "A Certain Unknown Level 0" and "To Ascend".

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 14:43   Link #6393
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I'm saddened that ACWOD isn't on that list of 'one of the best TAMNI Fanfics', but to each their own I suppose.

ANYWAYS, just wanted to pop in here real quick to address something about Ichiryu (again). I already pointed out how he can manipulate possibilities before in the past. As such, and given what I've said in the past regarding his connection to Lucifer, I think it's safe to assume that he is someone who has been around for a fairly long time.

So, my question is pretty simple: how old should he be? His appearance already makes him out to be a man in his twenties, but how old should he really be?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-05-17, 17:10   Link #6394
FlyingCow65

"A certain Unknown Level 0" yea he/she hasn´t updated, but he doesn´t update until the novel is translated (usually), I wonder how will he make the Othinus character and the Birdway vs Otohime Oni-chan Battle.
FlyingCow65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:18   Link #6395
Karna
just some guy

Speaking of fanfictions that haven't been updated in a while, Hopes and Fears hasn't been updated in a couple of months now. It was being updated every other sunday until the end of march. I wonder of the author lost interest.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 21:53   Link #6396
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Speaking of fanfictions that haven't been updated in a while, Hopes and Fears hasn't been updated in a couple of months now. It was being updated every other sunday until the end of march. I wonder of the author lost interest.
I was just wondering the same thing. I really like that fic, hope it doesn't die.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 23:53   Link #6397
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
oh yeah... Hopes and Fears... I actually forgot about that one because it's been a veeery long time since it updated. To be deemed Unworthy, the fanfic where Touma "lost" his IB and his Ability is something along the lines of controlling the electromagnetic spectrum, also hasn't updated for quite a while now too. All I've been seing are MikotoxTouma fics where the 2 of 'em seems out of character.

Also, @SmokinFerret88 I'm still reading ACWOD. I'm currently on Chap 13 so I still can't judge it. So far, the idea of Touma x Mugino is interesting in itself. Since I'm still halfway to the latest chap, I still haven't scene much. So far, their interactions are great, I'm still looking forward for more. Oh, and I just had to say that I noticed that Mikoto's parts in the original timeline has been replaced by Mugino, which I find funny. I'm not quite sure whether Mikoto was really replaced or that he met Mugino here separately since I still haven't reached the latest one. Overall. so far, it's good. The huge walls of text sometimes hurt my eyes though.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 00:34   Link #6398
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
oh yeah... Hopes and Fears... I actually forgot about that one because it's been a veeery long time since it updated. To be deemed Unworthy, the fanfic where Touma "lost" his IB and his Ability is something along the lines of controlling the electromagnetic spectrum, also hasn't updated for quite a while now too. All I've been seing are MikotoxTouma fics where the 2 of 'em seems out of character.

Also, @SmokinFerret88 I'm still reading ACWOD. I'm currently on Chap 13 so I still can't judge it. So far, the idea of Touma x Mugino is interesting in itself. Since I'm still halfway to the latest chap, I still haven't scene much. So far, their interactions are great, I'm still looking forward for more. Oh, and I just had to say that I noticed that Mikoto's parts in the original timeline has been replaced by Mugino, which I find funny. I'm not quite sure whether Mikoto was really replaced or that he met Mugino here separately since I still haven't reached the latest one. Overall. so far, it's good. The huge walls of text sometimes hurt my eyes though.
Well, the thing is, Darkness takes place in May, meaning Touma hasn't met Mikoto yet. So Mikoto hasn't been replaced, her role in the story isn't revoked for the sake of putting Mugino in her spotlight. It's just that Touma used the same strategy he used for Mikoto being done a month ahead of time. The chapter title didn't say "Eleventh of May' for nothing after all.

So Mikoto will appear in this story; events will occur as they have in cannon. In fact, if you notice during the ORDER arc, even without Touma's presence you can already picture how things would have turned out differently. ITEM would have still came out victorious, Frenda would have still beaten Chouka, and Muigno would have been the one to encounter Kurou instead of Touma.

Point is, I'm not brushing off cannon territory, but I'm also not leaving everything the way it was in the novels. There are going to be changes, some minor some major, and I do intend to make every action Touma makes in this story have it's own set of repercussions.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-05-21, 00:39   Link #6399
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Well, the thing is, Darkness takes place in May, meaning Touma hasn't met Mikoto yet. So Mikoto hasn't been replaced, her role in the story isn't revoked for the sake of putting Mugino in her spotlight. It's just that Touma used the same strategy he used for Mikoto being done a month ahead of time. The chapter title didn't say "Eleventh of May' for nothing after all.

So Mikoto will appear in this story; events will occur as they have in cannon. In fact, if you notice during the ORDER arc, even without Touma's presence you can already picture how things would have turned out differently. ITEM would have still came out victorious, Frenda would have still beaten Chouka, and Muigno would have been the one to encounter Kurou instead of Touma.

Point is, I'm not brushing off cannon territory, but I'm also not leaving everything the way it was in the novels. There are going to be changes, some minor some major, and I do intend to make every action Touma makes in this story have it's own set of repercussions.
Kill Stiyl!! lol nah just kidding... the one thing I'm most concerned about is will Touma lose his memories or not. But it sounds like it might go either way to be honest... besides I'm not the writer.
Letting Hemigami stand out? yay! (lol you'll end up not even doing that arc with my luck.)

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 01:02   Link #6400
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I might, I might not; not sure how to approach that one honestly. I wanna do magic-side stuff since I have a few ideas and ways to get ITEM involved.

Personally, I wanna explore France...and have Frenda tag along for that trip.

But I'm getting off subject; the point is I don't know if I should explore that arc. or if I should just bypass it. I say that only because, by that time, Touma will be kinda be between the lines of OT and NT Touma. And in that kind of situation, we can all guess that Touma would have a better handling on things compared to before in Cannon.

In regards to Touma losing his memories; I think I have a way to bypass that and end it without him losing them. It'll be a gamble on my part how the fan's view it, but I'm pretty sure I can pull off my idea.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction