AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-05, 12:18   Link #6441
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Common misconception here: The power of the bomb is not directly related to size. In other words, a more powerful bomb does not necessarily cover a proportionately larger area. Instead, the area within the blast radius is exposed to a much higher temperature, the radiation would be more intense, and the concussive force would increase.

A second misconception surrounding the first: this means the bomb is less dangerous. As the temperature of the bomb increases, the damage it does to the atmosphere does, so a sufficiently hot bomb could literally burn away the sky, killing everything on the surface. And a sufficiently powerful shock wave could crack the Earth's crust, which would (if we were lucky) cause earthquakes and tsunami's world wide. If we were unlucky, it would distort the earth's orbit and send us into the sun or deep space. Either way we'd still be dead.

The Tsar Bomba was the largest bomb not because we lacked the ability to make stronger ones, but because we had reached the threshold where the bombs would begin affecting the planet itself instead of a single city.

Ergo, if Tatusya were to target something of 100kg with Material Burst, he would likely destroy the world. Which would (probably) kill Miyuki. Therefore it will never happen.
THIS, that's why I stated "at least" since it IS unimaginable
Old 2013-09-05, 14:02   Link #6442
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
let's do some math, it is stated that Tatsuya converted 1kg of matter to 20M ton TNT

So 100kg would be 2000M ton TNT

In the test of the Tsar Bomb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba, which was reduced from 100Mton TNT to around 50Mton TNT, it produced 3rd degree burns 100 kilometers away, complete destruction within 35 kilometers, and cause TOTAL VAPORIZATION OF EVERYTHING in a 2.3 kilometer radius.

Thus, if Tatsuya used 100kg, it would be at least 40 times than that
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Common misconception here: The power of the bomb is not directly related to size. In other words, a more powerful bomb does not necessarily cover a proportionately larger area. Instead, the area within the blast radius is exposed to a much higher temperature, the radiation would be more intense, and the concussive force would increase.

A second misconception surrounding the first: this means the bomb is less dangerous. As the temperature of the bomb increases, the damage it does to the atmosphere does, so a sufficiently hot bomb could literally burn away the sky, killing everything on the surface. And a sufficiently powerful shock wave could crack the Earth's crust, which would (if we were lucky) cause earthquakes and tsunami's world wide. If we were unlucky, it would distort the earth's orbit and send us into the sun or deep space. Either way we'd still be dead.

The Tsar Bomba was the largest bomb not because we lacked the ability to make stronger ones, but because we had reached the threshold where the bombs would begin affecting the planet itself instead of a single city.

Ergo, if Tatusya were to target something of 100kg with Material Burst, he would likely destroy the world. Which would (probably) kill Miyuki. Therefore it will never happen.
Don't forget the dust. A bomb doesn't even have to be powerful enough to do all those things to affect the earth. A strong enough bomb could send up enough dust into the atmosphere to block the suns rays, causing temperature changes across the globe if we're lucky. If we're unlucky, it'll turn the earth into a winter wasteland..
Old 2013-09-05, 14:42   Link #6443
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
source

WTH..!!??
The Destroy..!!?? I lol-ed so hard to the point my friend who sleep next door come for askin what's wrong with me this late..??
:benkyo: Uhmm, You mean cuz in the web spoilers was the "god of destruction"?, sounds more dreadful? ha, yeah I think so. I don't known whom did the translation, but could be literal meaning, it happen a lot and specially Jap/chinese to any western language (like many of you ready know), even when we doing machine trans we notice really fast this issue, I do trans to spanish and preserving the meaning without sacrifice literal trans is quite hard. Seems better wait for TN note about it
Old 2013-09-05, 19:14   Link #6444
NoLife222

Abyss has a range of several kilometers, Heavy Metal Burst is comparable to a naval cannon (how strong is a naval cannon?), Material Burst can destroy a base and shock wave affect surrounding building as well.....
Old 2013-09-05, 19:39   Link #6445
Ultragunner

well, we have never seen Heavy Metal Burst in full power at its full Strtegic Scale so there isn't much but only speculations
Old 2013-09-05, 19:41   Link #6446
nacer666

Material burst theoricaly can destroy the hole universe.
Old 2013-09-05, 19:43   Link #6447
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Material burst theoricaly can destroy the hole universe.
I'm sure there's a limit to the size of the object Tatsuya can decompose.
Old 2013-09-05, 19:56   Link #6448
Waxman

Being a magic that was used only 2 times in history, more than the actual limits the UNSA and others nations are probably more afraid of political repercusions instead of outright destruccion.
The same way that in the cold war everyone was sure that a nuclear war was just about to start only this time is magic in itself.
About lina, i may be wrong but it was mentioned (i believe n vol. 8) that heavy metal burst has the more destructive power but the second bigger radius of the 13 apostols, after the russian doctor which name i dont quite recall, so while she can use it in cqc it also can vaporize a city
Old 2013-09-05, 20:07   Link #6449
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
:benkyo: Uhmm, You mean cuz in the web spoilers was the "god of destruction"?, sounds more dreadful? ha, yeah I think so. I don't known whom did the translation, but could be literal meaning, it happen a lot and specially Jap/chinese to any western language (like many of you ready know), even when we doing machine trans we notice really fast this issue, I do trans to spanish and preserving the meaning without sacrifice literal trans is quite hard. Seems better wait for TN note about it
yea..
the destroy sound lame too me, and if he called the destroyer, you think tatsuya is a battle ship? and god of destruction sound relative normal to me, he's way cooler called... what again?? maha... mahesvara? when the ame spooken, all enemies tremble in fear....
that's the real nick name/title fit with tatsuya...
Old 2013-09-05, 20:20   Link #6450
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Being a magic that was used only 2 times in history, more than the actual limits the UNSA and others nations are probably more afraid of political repercusions instead of outright destruccion.
The same way that in the cold war everyone was sure that a nuclear war was just about to start only this time is magic in itself.
About lina, i may be wrong but it was mentioned (i believe n vol. 8) that heavy metal burst has the more destructive power but the second bigger radius of the 13 apostols, after the russian doctor which name i dont quite recall, so while she can use it in cqc it also can vaporize a city
Three times and they're more worried about the delivery method than political repercussions.
Old 2013-09-05, 21:02   Link #6451
Waxman

Yes, three times, i forgot sorry.
What i mean political is more than anithing is the lack of information about this misterious magic, this lack put them into an inferior position which is much worst than the threath of an attack. I am not history expert, but what i remember from school is that Russia, thanks to the iron curtain and other means to conceal themselves were able to convinse the rest of the world that they were several times more powerfull than they really were.

Think about the Yotsuba. Tatsuya has, theorically, the power to, if not destroy them completely, at least damage more seriously than anithing Koichi can plan but Maya has taken steps to prevent it because she know Tats, his weakness and his limits, at least some of them.
Old 2013-09-05, 21:09   Link #6452
larethian

miyuki dakimura cover goodie re-upped (click for full res)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-06, 00:43   Link #6453
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

^ sorry, gonna fapping usin' miyuki ass...
Old 2013-09-06, 01:06   Link #6454
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
^ sorry, gonna fapping usin' miyuki ass...
Keep that to yourself....................
Old 2013-09-06, 07:50   Link #6455
blackwhite67
Banned

Another section to 11.16 by Seitsuki!
Old 2013-09-06, 07:52   Link #6456
Seitsuki
Onee!

How the...I swear, it's been like less than a minute....
Old 2013-09-06, 07:56   Link #6457
Rava

Your stalker is scary, Seitsuki.
Old 2013-09-06, 08:12   Link #6458
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
How the...I swear, it's been like less than a minute....
Just a coincidence. I happened to refresh the Recent Changes page at the right time.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:01   Link #6459
Jirachier

"Tatsuya kun, rather, Tatsuya dono, it's exactly as you say. Since the loan agreement was a prerequisite for the purchase, it stands to reason that you cannot just take it away. I'm sorry for asking something so unreasonable."

OMG, Aoki addressing Tatsuya as Tatsuya-dono, that is something I did not expect at all.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:17   Link #6460
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
"Tatsuya kun, rather, Tatsuya dono, it's exactly as you say. Since the loan agreement was a prerequisite for the purchase, it stands to reason that you cannot just take it away. I'm sorry for asking something so unreasonable."

OMG, Aoki addressing Tatsuya as Tatsuya-dono, that is something I did not expect at all.
He really wanted to complete the mission, because compare to a little squabble with Tatsuya, he holds his master (Maya) priorities even more. He still hates Tatsuya to the guts though....
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings