Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 12:55   Link #6461
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
That doesn't exactly gain favor to everyone. That's even more annoying. She's already done it. And everybody doesn't like it.
Yeah I know. I think she will become one of those annoying types towards the other spirits kind of XD;;
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 14:35   Link #6462
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Please stop. I know Phantom gave her info about him, so she went there to make sure. And it was made sure, so she went away. I get it. But after all these times of encountering him (short stories, I dunno if you count them as canon or not), why didn't she just do what she must? There's no need to ask someone if you already know where to go! it's like she can't make up her mind! COME ON, NIGHTMARE! MAKE UP YOUR MIND! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CEASE TO EXIST OR WHAT?!
Short stories are short storyies; they're not exactly supposed to be about the Kurumi eating Shidou or the main plot in the first place , just like the the Kurumi drama CD that came with pre-ordering the first game. There's a good reason they're called short/side stories.....
You don't know what Kurumi needs from the second spirit. Yes we know where the first spacequake occured, but that's not everything. What about what powers the first spirit has. How to defeat it. It'll be pretty dumb to eat Shidou and use all that power to go back in time only to get her butt kicked because she wasn't ready for it. As we've clearly seen, Kurumi isn't unbeatable.

Are you looking for things to complain about in this series? There's no indecisiveness, she's already made up her mind. Just because she has a plan that isn't yours doesn't make it wrong. Or are you just a Kurumi hater?

Quote:
I tell you to please stop. Do not feed me Kurumi propaganda. My intrigue is still kicking, and it's not there to stop. I mean, I would make a better villain than her.
So when the argument doesn't go your way, you just tell the other side to "please stop" and act like you're the only one who's right?
"Kurumi propaganda?" I'm telling you how you're looking for an argument that isn't there.
Old 2014-03-04, 15:39   Link #6463
Death Usagi
Banned

I find Kurumi to be more of a tragic character than a villain...
Old 2014-03-04, 15:42   Link #6464
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Short stories are short storyies; they're not exactly supposed to be about the Kurumi eating Shidou or the main plot in the first place , just like the the Kurumi drama CD that came with pre-ordering the first game. There's a good reason they're called short/side stories.....
You don't know what Kurumi needs from the second spirit. Yes we know where the first spacequake occured, but that's not everything. What about what powers the first spirit has. How to defeat it. It'll be pretty dumb to eat Shidou and use all that power to go back in time only to get her butt kicked because she wasn't ready for it. As we've clearly seen, Kurumi isn't unbeatable.

Are you looking for things to complain about in this series? There's no indecisiveness, she's already made up her mind. Just because she has a plan that isn't yours doesn't make it wrong. Or are you just a Kurumi hater?

So when the argument doesn't go your way, you just tell the other side to "please stop" and act like you're the only one who's right?
"Kurumi propaganda?" I'm telling you how you're looking for an argument that isn't there.
First off: Wait, was I arguing with you? Oh, I'm sorry. As much as I don't want to argue ANYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING that's completely wrong with the series (and the girl in particular), relax! It's an art form! You don't take an art form seriously.

Second: I'm no Kurumi hater, just intrigued as to why so many people like her. She's an art form even before the series began! With no backing. Now that she has, only confusion begets me everytime I see her. Villainous as she may be, I let her slide, see how she would do it. Then I realize she won't make a good villain because she's good at procrastinating. It's about time she turns, however long she wants to delay it, with whatever retarded method she can.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 16:07   Link #6465
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Second: I'm no Kurumi hater, just intrigued as to why so many people like her. She's an art form even before the series began! With no backing. Now that she has, only confusion begets me everytime I see her. Villainous as she may be, I let her slide, see how she would do it. Then I realize she won't make a good villain because she's good at procrastinating. It's about time she turns, however long she wants to delay it, with whatever retarded method she can.
*sigh* As I've said several times, there are good reasons she hasn't gone after Shidou again. Her first attempt ended in utter failure because she was outmatched, the second time they met she needed him for a distraction; it's not every day you get a great opportunity to get into an evil corporation without interference.
And yes, there is a need to find out about the first spirit from the second. As I also pointed out, we only know where the first spirit was 30 years ago, not what she's like or how strong she is.
At any other time, Shidou has Tohka, Yoshino, and above all Kotori to protect him, and since then he's also gained the Yamai Twins and Miku, and now Natsumi. Another attempt on Shidou would just end in even more disastrous failure.
Procrastination implies willingness; the only time she willingly spared Shidou was when he offered a perfect opportunity to accomplish another goal she needs before going after the first spirit. As the novel text says, eating Shidou and going back in time would be pointless if she can't kill the first spirit.
There is no indecisiveness or delays or procrastination.
Old 2014-03-04, 16:29   Link #6466
LeWLWuT

Quote:
*sigh* As I've said several times, there are good reasons she hasn't gone after Shidou again. Her first attempt ended in utter failure because she was outmatched, the second time they met she needed him for a distraction; it's not every day you get a great opportunity to get into an evil corporation without interference.
And yes, there is a need to find out about the first spirit from the second. As I also pointed out, we only know where the first spirit was 30 years ago, not what she's like or how strong she is.
At any other time, Shidou has Tohka, Yoshino, and above all Kotori to protect him, and since then he's also gained the Yamai Twins and Miku, and now Natsumi. Another attempt on Shidou would just end in even more disastrous failure.
Procrastination implies willingness; the only time she willingly spared Shidou was when he offered a perfect opportunity to accomplish another goal she needs before going after the first spirit. As the novel text says, eating Shidou and going back in time would be pointless if she can't kill the first spirit.
There is no indecisiveness or delays or procrastination.
You really are serious in taking in an art form, aren't you? Please calm down and let's just see how the author would do it. I mean, you're making it sound that it was all part of one big plan, and it's going well. I dunno about you, but I think it's time for this shenanigan to stop. The novels are drawing to a close. Enjoy Volume 10.

Old 2014-03-04, 16:38   Link #6467
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
You really are serious in taking in an art form, aren't you? Please calm down and let's just see how the author would do it. I mean, you're making it sound that it was all part of one big plan, and it's going well. I dunno about you, but I think it's time for this shenanigan to stop. The novels are drawing to a close. Enjoy Volume 10.
Um, who's the one who was just "shouting" in caps about Kurumi's "indecisiveness":
Quote:
Please stop. I know Phantom gave her info about him, so she went there to make sure. And it was made sure, so she went away. I get it. But after all these times of encountering him (short stories, I dunno if you count them as canon or not), why didn't she just do what she must? There's no need to ask someone if you already know where to go! it's like she can't make up her mind! COME ON, NIGHTMARE! MAKE UP YOUR MIND! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CEASE TO EXIST OR WHAT?!
I'm calm.
I don't know if this was all part of one big plan by the author, but how do you know it wasn't? Did you ask Tachibana how this story was set up?
I'm perfectly fine with letting the debate go. With respect, the argument you're making is flimsy at best, and yet you keep repeating yourself.
Old 2014-03-04, 21:16   Link #6468
kagato3

Quote:
No wonder they're not able to use those things. If they did, well, you know.
They can and do use them but their goal is to collect them to reverse the process. It is a less disturbing version of the Bandersnatch which are implied to be made from human brains.

the blogger that covered the first 2 volumes covered the 3rd here
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 01:21   Link #6469
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Um, who's the one who was just "shouting" in caps about Kurumi's "indecisiveness": I'm calm.
I don't know if this was all part of one big plan by the author, but how do you know it wasn't? Did you ask Tachibana how this story was set up?
I'm perfectly fine with letting the debate go. With respect, the argument you're making is flimsy at best, and yet you keep repeating yourself.
I can't believe it. The caps were for Nightmare, duh! This is really getting out of hand because you're really taking this seriously, which I don't. I'm not even setting up an argument. Your seriousness made it sound like so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
They can and do use them but their goal is to collect them to reverse the process. It is a less disturbing version of the Bandersnatch which are implied to be made from human brains.

the blogger that covered the first 2 volumes covered the 3rd here
Reverse the process of what, again?

Looking there, Origami has one of those, right? Why isn't she using them, then? Because Ashcroft's gonna be rescued, which makes those things useless in the long term. You know, those units were just flavor, since it's a spin-off.

Old 2014-03-05, 07:27   Link #6470
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I can't believe it. The caps were for Nightmare, duh! This is really getting out of hand because you're really taking this seriously, which I don't. I'm not even setting up an argument. Your seriousness made it sound like so.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this because now you're contradicting the mood of your earlier posts.
But whatever. You didn't sound at all like you were being anything less than serious, but if you're dropping the problem with the series that never existed in the first place, I don't care how you sell it.
Old 2014-03-05, 14:58   Link #6471
JonasDown

I can't belive that Koushi Tachibana was thinking to end the LN before reaching the 10th one. That was unexpected for me at least. I think that he developed the story more than he thought he would do, xDDD. Anyway I see an upcoming inverse spirit in the 11 volume. I don't know why, but I'm sure that a dark side will show up again. Whatever, I have a question, do you guys think that kaguya and yuzuru can rejoin into one being once more?
JonasDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 15:06   Link #6472
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown View Post
I can't belive that Koushi Tachibana was thinking to end the LN before reaching the 10th one. That was unexpected for me at least. I think that he developed the story more than he thought he would do, xDDD. Anyway I see an upcoming inverse spirit in the 11 volume. I don't know why, but I'm sure that a dark side will show up again. Whatever, I have a question, do you guys think that kaguya and yuzuru can rejoin into one being once more?
can they absolutely yes will they absolutely not.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 15:54   Link #6473
Rogue66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown View Post
Could happen if it part of their change into an Inverse Spirit.

Last edited by Rogue66; 2014-03-05 at 16:06.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 22:08   Link #6474
tuckersister

Are there any spoilers for Vol 10?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 22:20   Link #6475
Miraluka
Banned

Has a higher version of the cover been posted?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 22:39   Link #6476
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Are there any spoilers for Vol 10?
It;s not even out yet. how'd you expect spoilers.....Vol 9 had early release because of the anime(The limited edition loli Tohka cover).
Old 2014-03-06, 02:02   Link #6477
Death Usagi
Banned

It would be interesting if the world faces a disaster because for some reason Shidou "dies" somehow due to the plot of DEM or another factor, which puts the Spirits in a negative state turning all of them into an inverse state causing havoc in the world until Shidou revives or something.
Old 2014-03-06, 06:25   Link #6478
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
It would be interesting if the world faces a disaster because for some reason Shidou "dies" somehow due to the plot of DEM or another factor, which puts the Spirits in a negative state turning all of them into an inverse state causing havoc in the world until Shidou revives or something.
That will be fun, so that DEM will know what it really means to be their enemy, I mean, c'mon, not even Ellen can dent Inverse Tohka.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:43   Link #6479
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Uhm I wonder what power of inverse kurumi is it the same as her non-inverse form or different?

Err does inverse spirit have same/different power on there non-inverse form just curious?
Old 2014-03-06, 07:38   Link #6480
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Uhm I wonder what power of inverse kurumi is it the same as her non-inverse form or different?

Err does inverse spirit have same/different power on there non-inverse form just curious?
It's hard to say. I mean, for now we only can use our Tohaka as exemple.

But from what we saw from Inverse Tohaka, the powers seem to be the same just much more stronger.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy