Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-11-28, 14:11   Link #6481
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You don't have to read my posts.
No one is forcing you to respond. If you get to express your annoyance about what you don't like, I get to express my frustration with the things that irritate me. It's only fair.
Old 2020-11-28, 14:13   Link #6482
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
No one is forcing you to respond. If you get to express your annoyance about what you don't like, I get to express my frustration with the things that irritate me. It's only fair.
It might be fair, but I'm sure it's against the rules of the forum. Pretty sure we're only allowed to talk about the topic of the thread (Saki in this case).
Old 2020-11-28, 14:21   Link #6483
The Green One

That's a fair point I feel. Let's let this go here and except my apologies for the matter. I've said my piece and it really shouldn't be dragged out any further. Sorry for the derail.
Old 2020-11-28, 16:16   Link #6484
Kazu-kun

Well, I apologize too, for bring up the Achiga thing all over again. I had already made my point clear about that ages ago. So yeah, let's move on.
Old 2020-11-29, 11:35   Link #6485
Kokushi Musou

By the way, i realized that Nodoka in the finals will face Arata-chan who is basically the only member of the team who doesn't know Nodoka at all XD it would have been pretty neat to see a direct face off between Nodoka and one of her childhood friends, but this is good too. I suppose this way Shizu, Ako and Kuro can watch Nodoka shine from the sidelines.

I love Achiga though, i have no feelings of hatred towards them at all. I think they're pretty great in their own way, and my favourite is Ako. I'm pretty happy that they're continuing the manga again.
Kokushi Musou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 08:35   Link #6486
Arcorann

New chapter out. Not much happened, two more hands. If my reckoning is correct, Shiraitodai's above 160k (Mako seems to have picked up one riichi stick in East 2 and we don't know who it came from), but Kiyosumi is in second now at 94300.

Before the next chapter comes out (2 skipped issues, next February 5), all the 15th anniversary things will start -- I swear those dakimakura covers are lewder than the doujin stuff.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 10:20   Link #6487
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
Before the next chapter comes out (2 skipped issues, next February 5), all the 15th anniversary things will start -- I swear those dakimakura covers are lewder than the doujin stuff.
It's funny how all the MCs (Saki, Shino, Toki and Shizu) are flat as a board.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2020-12-21 at 04:27.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 21:11   Link #6488
AP24

Looking at Achiga girls bath pic, seems like those with flat chest are better off being censored
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-22, 18:05   Link #6489
Kokushi Musou

I swear Awai's boobs are starting to look more like balloons to me lol
Kokushi Musou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-22, 18:37   Link #6490
The Green One

Every time you look away they get bigger.......
Old 2021-04-05, 00:12   Link #6491
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I really feel like the Saki finals match will be really low stakes till we get to the Captain's match. The sergeant and the vicecaptain match have nothing really going for it, and it's only in the Lieutenant's match that I am expecting Hisa to carry the show with some assists from Ako given how much of a non factor Takami and what's her french name from Rinkai are.

I really feel like, for all they have been pumped as the final bosses, Shiraitodai doesn't really have a lot of personality for it outside of Teru and Awai. You don't even need to compare it to the Kansai schools (which were choke full of personality for all their characters, for both of them). I feel even Uzusan, Shindouji or Miyamori had more going for them....

These days I really find myself looking fo Shinohayu, then Toki, then Achiga, then the main manga. It's weird
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 06:39   Link #6492
tsunade666

The main manga is really on a weak streak. The rinkai felt weak and not up to hype and as always, achiga teacher knows. It's like she is the only competent teacher/coach for the high school team. the others are pretty useless or throw away or easily forgotten coach/teachers.

awai's boobs are really being annoyingly big.
Old 2021-04-05, 09:18   Link #6493
Marina2

What? you guys still not realize that Achiga is the real final boss ,not Shiratodai?

Joke aside, I think Shinohayu made a right choice for focusing more on individual tournament instead for team tournament. Not only the match move so much faster, it also allow the story to put better focus the main characters (Shino).
Old 2021-04-05, 11:41   Link #6494
Proto

Even outside of the individuals the Shinohayu manga has more focus into the main 4 and their character dynamics, which are really the highlight of the manga for me.

Early on I really loved Saki's (the series) ability to actually pull off 4 way battles and giving each party a veritable amount of development... but I feel like the manga peaked at the regional finals. Round 2 of the nationals was still good, but it has been downhill from there with Ritz-sensei being unable to juggle an ever increasing cast of characters (Rinkai and Shiraitoudai being the worst offenders). The character conflict stakes have been really low, and even the matches themselves have been a power/ability fest rather than any semblance of actual mahjong. For me the actual matches are at their best when it pits what it calls monster players against high skill normal players (for example, I think the past two captain matches really benefited from having Kyouko around, and Yumi in the match before that).

Unfortunately the Vanguard match was everything but that. The sergeant match has been a little more down to earth. but it has the same problem as most other sergeant matches were the character stakes are really low here.
With that aside, my hope for this captain's match is for Shizu to snuff everyone's powers out and have people actually think their way out of that conundrum.
Old 2021-04-27, 14:29   Link #6495
Marina2

Shinohayu ch.87

Too bad, it's 99% flashback chapter but it's still good. Chiyoko x Nao quickly becoming my top favorite pair.

Come to think of it, these two are among the six shadows shown in Saki ch.203, aren't they?
Old 2021-06-13, 15:04   Link #6496
King-Slayer

Yeah I like that pairing a lot myself
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 07:49   Link #6497
tsunade666

..... is it normal for japanese elementary student to travel alone?.... >_>
Old 2021-07-20, 19:44   Link #6498
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
..... is it normal for japanese elementary student to travel alone?.... >_>
I think so actually
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 14:54   Link #6499
AP24

Sergeant battle is over. The current score is:

Kiyosumi - 66,600 (+100)
Achiga - 79,000 (+4,500)
Rinkai - 103,300 (+8,600)
Shiratodai - 151,100 (-13,300)
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 01:12   Link #6500
Proto

So it seems we are going through the normal pattern of everyone in Shiraitodai bleeding points after Teru and until Awai comes and we get into point rollercoaster. It's really Saki's greatest tragedy that Shiraitodai turned out to be a pretty empty team outside of its Vanguard, Captain and half a Sergeant. (edit: I feel like a broken record now reading my past posts, but I even forget I already complained about this given the slow release cycle )

At the very least it is still a 4ffa so there's Rinkai and Achiga to round it up, but I get the feeling that both the main series and the Achiga spin off need some better coordination to tell the story. I think they got a really good idea going on when they have two simultaneous series telling the same event from different viewpoints, but I'm not sure they are fully exploiting it.

Last edited by Proto; 2021-09-04 at 01:27.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri