Notices

Old 2015-04-22, 00:18   Link #6521
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorPenguin View Post
Y-you can try w-writing.

;_; I want to read more Yahari fanfics.
I could always try to write an Oregairu fanfic but my english is not that good yet. I can hold a conversation with you all but writing a whole fanfic might end up in something embarrasing.
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 00:20   Link #6522
Lan91

Quote:
Y-you can try w-writing.

;_; I want to read more Yahari fanfics.
I want to read more of yours! The wait is killing me
Lan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 01:09   Link #6523
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienx View Post
agree more yahari fanfic,,
btw i just recently finished vol 10
at hte end hayama asked hikigaya if he have noticed which hikigaya asked back notice what
can someone tell me what was hayama implying
We are also guessing about it honestly; it probably has to do something with the Yukinoshita sisters.
Old 2015-04-22, 01:14   Link #6524
vienx

my hopeful wish is yukinon impossible crush to hachiman
i wonder why when haruno mention hachi was with her yukinon dash instantly
vienx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 01:23   Link #6525
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Not sure what you're trying to get at here since I didn't say anything otherwise. Yui and Hachiman were stuck on the notion of the Service Club. Yukino was hoping they'd realize that their relationship wasn't limited by a mere title; this is where the something genuine part comes into play. They basically had tunnel vision this entire novel and you couldn't really expect them to think rationally given their fallout.

As an aside, I think Yukino was a much, much more earlier adopter of wanting something genuine. My impression she had given up on the idea after volume 8, only to have her motivation revitalized after accepting Hachiman's request.
I don't think Yukino thought that far into it. My impression was that she just wanted to stop Hachiman at all costs, and given how she was panicking when she was trying to explain why she didn't like his ways, her decision was as rash as Yui's was to join the race.

I think Yukino just thought the position was a perfect opportunity because it was something that neither Haruno did nor Hachiman would do. If she could change her surroundings, then perhaps she could have done something about the Service Club, which had been working under Hachiman's methods for some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
As for someone who could suggest the idea of assimilating the Service Club into the Student Council, there really weren't that many people who could do that. Shizuka probably adopts a hands-off policy regarding the Service Club; Meguri already came in with Iroha's request and also witnessed the tension in the Service Club; Komachi was upset with Hachiman at the beginning of volume 8; Zaimokuza, Totsuka, Saki, Hayama, and company weren't very involved to really say anything, or aware of the situation; and the three in the Service Club weren't in the right mind to think rationally as I mentioned above.

I mean, if you look at things in retrospect, it's easy to think of how the scenario could play in a different way, but that's life. There's no "ifs" in life, only "thens." Or something like that.
I think in high school it's more that the Student Council has this stigma of being a burden of responsibilities that no one wants to get stuck with. If it weren't for that negative stigma, I think a lot more people would have realized that what the Service Club does isn't that far off from that the Student Council can do. Meguri did mention her hopes that the three could have joined the student council together, but she was too passive tell them any sooner.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 01:25   Link #6526
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

NSFW
Saki is a brocon
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-04-22, 01:27   Link #6527
csuree
The Most Hated™

I just read through the last chapters of vol. 10 and this question popped up in my mind:

"Are we sure Yukinon needs to be saved? isn't it the other way around" - What I mean about that is that all we know about Yukino's past are from Haruno and Hayama. Are we sure that Yukino needs saving? Not Hayama and Haruno. As far as I can tell they are the bigger victims of their family, not Yukino (since she moved from home).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumeNoMonogatari View Post
NSFW
Saki is a brocon

Saki is not that big of a brocon....she'd be to embarrased to do that....maybe with Hikki she'd do it
Old 2015-04-22, 02:00   Link #6528
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think Yukino thought that far into it. My impression was that she just wanted to stop Hachiman at all costs, and given how she was panicking when she was trying to explain why she didn't like his ways, her decision was as rash as Yui's was to join the race.

I think Yukino just thought the position was a perfect opportunity because it was something that neither Haruno did nor Hachiman would do. If she could change her surroundings, then perhaps she could have done something about the Service Club, which had been working under Hachiman's methods for some time now.
It might've been rash, but that was from her initial outburst. Afterwards, I'm sure she put a lot of thought into it before making her decision. Otherwise, the line where she says she thought he could understand what she was trying to do wouldn't make very much sense if her decision to join the race was a spontaneous one.

The line in Japanese in chapter 8: わかるものだとばかり、思っていたのね (My TL: "I thought for sure you could understand [what I wanted to do]...")

She was clearly expecting him to see through her, but he failed to. Hence, the completely shattered idealization of him in volume 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think in high school it's more that the Student Council has this stigma of being a burden of responsibilities that no one wants to get stuck with. If it weren't for that negative stigma, I think a lot more people would have realized that what the Service Club does isn't that far off from that the Student Council can do. Meguri did mention her hopes that the three could have joined the student council together, but she was too passive tell them any sooner.
If you consider what the school's like based on the Cultural Festival alone, I'd say it has more to do with the majority of people not giving a rat's ass about the election.
Old 2015-04-22, 10:24   Link #6529
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienx View Post
btw i just recently finished vol 10
at the end hayama asked hikigaya if he have noticed which hikigaya asked back notice what
can someone tell me what was hayama implying
So what are the things that Watari through Hayato's question hinted at?

1) Yukino's clearly unsolved issue with her Mom and Haruno

2) The gaps in knowledge are a serious obstacle for truly understanding others not only thoughts, but emotions too.

3) Related to the previous point - tacit understanding between people who have history together (examples Hayato/Yukino, Hachiman/Komachi).

4) Lack of sincerity because lies are still being told (in the 9th Volume there is an interesting case, at first glance trivial, however it isn't)

5) Testing someone's grasp on the underlying motives

6) Expression of self doubt and realization that (connected to the previous point) the problem is not yet solved

7) Something genuine is a continuous struggle where someone could only get closer, but never fully reach it.

8) Even if an effort is made sometimes it's not enough

9) Enclosed happiness - the mutual awereness inside of a group of friends it's not enough to prevent the consequences of outsiders' misconceptions on their relations

To sumarize those points - It's still "genuine in development", a work in progress. A few steps closer to the something genuine were made, but it's nowhere there yet. Sincerity, the truth, mutual understanding, deep bonds that withstand temptations. Those define relations with others for Yukino and Hachiman. But, also are emotionally driven and idealistic. Could they be ever fully achieved in reality?

I could rant on these if you want examples and more in depth explanations.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”

Last edited by lijenstina; 2015-04-22 at 10:50.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 11:47   Link #6530
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Since there's still time before episode 4 I'll just post some fanart again. Hope you don't mind

Spoiler for Iroha-chan and her senpai:

NSFW
I want to marry sensei!
Old 2015-04-22, 18:28   Link #6531
GodEmperorPenguin
Belly-Drumming Sea Otter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan91 View Post
I want to read more of yours! The wait is killing me
I'm flattered. You should write your own fics, so you don't have to wait.

If I may ask, what do you like about the fic? Or don't like. ;_; I don't have a good idea of what I am doing right or wrong when I write.
GodEmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 21:00   Link #6532
Lan91

Quote:

If I may ask, what do you like about the fic? Or don't like. ;_; I don't have a good idea of what I am doing right or wrong when I write.
It's well written, you've got 8man character perfectly. The bad thing is the wait haha. My writing sucks, I'm a reader not a writer
Old 2015-04-22, 21:10   Link #6533
vienx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
So what are the things that Watari through Hayato's question hinted at?

1) Yukino's clearly unsolved issue with her Mom and Haruno

2) The gaps in knowledge are a serious obstacle for truly understanding others not only thoughts, but emotions too.

3) Related to the previous point - tacit understanding between people who have history together (examples Hayato/Yukino, Hachiman/Komachi).

4) Lack of sincerity because lies are still being told (in the 9th Volume there is an interesting case, at first glance trivial, however it isn't)

5) Testing someone's grasp on the underlying motives

6) Expression of self doubt and realization that (connected to the previous point) the problem is not yet solved

7) Something genuine is a continuous struggle where someone could only get closer, but never fully reach it.

8) Even if an effort is made sometimes it's not enough

9) Enclosed happiness - the mutual awereness inside of a group of friends it's not enough to prevent the consequences of outsiders' misconceptions on their relations

To sumarize those points - It's still "genuine in development", a work in progress. A few steps closer to the something genuine were made, but it's nowhere there yet. Sincerity, the truth, mutual understanding, deep bonds that withstand temptations. Those define relations with others for Yukino and Hachiman. But, also are emotionally driven and idealistic. Could they be ever fully achieved in reality?

I could rant on these if you want examples and more in depth explanations.
thanks but you dont have to,, i just wishing someone to bring me more hope,, thanks for your detailed explanation,, i was hoping that something yukinoshita's attitude change toward hachiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan91 View Post
It's well written, you've got 8man character perfectly. The bad thing is the wait haha. My writing sucks, I'm a reader not a writer
me too an avid reader for fanfic,, just recently brows the fanfc for 8man,, i prefer the future setting like the one titled the daily live of hikigaya,, there is one rated M but after reading by skipping it left bitter taste,, i just dont like too much angst and yukino marry someone else
Old 2015-04-22, 21:46   Link #6534
Heat066

Quote:

Now that I see, I started reading your fanfic today.

So far, it looks gold to me, the characterization of 8man is spot on.
Old 2015-04-22, 22:57   Link #6535
GodEmperorPenguin
Belly-Drumming Sea Otter

I appreciate the feedback, even though I don't really know what I'm doing when I'm writing.

;_; I'm a proponent of the Yukinoshita-Hayama engagement theory myself, tho.
GodEmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 23:16   Link #6536
vienx

although i dont want it,, but there is this lingering feeling that they are enganged
if they are then there will be big drama
Old 2015-04-23, 00:16   Link #6537
eceso

Quote:

Oh are you the author of the love letter fanfic? It's INCREDIBLE

Can't wait till the next chapter kudos to you excellent writing
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 01:09   Link #6538
Lan91

Yeah I think they're engaged too. I don't like it!
Old 2015-04-23, 02:24   Link #6539
csuree
The Most Hated™

I understand your suspicions.... Hayama said that he had no decision where he goes; He went for humanities, meaning he will become a lawyer.

Succeeding the law company means they will have future with the Yukinoshita family. It might be that their families are planning to make a union between them and then that means that one of the sisters will have to marry Hayama.

Since Haruno is 3 years older, she might be out of the question.

But I said it yesterday, and what if the one who need to ask the service club for help is not Yukino, but Haruno and Hayama, There were a few hints about it. And you know how both of them are manipulating Hachiman to do the unexpected. And we know 8man is not stupid, sooner or later he will figure it out on his own.
Old 2015-04-23, 02:31   Link #6540
vienx

Quote:

i read your fic and it was damn good,, cant wait for the next,, drama,,
if hachiman keep consistent in his attitude well this is where they are part ways

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck