AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-21, 09:46   Link #6561
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Spoiler for 80%:

Seriously, I'm just amazed at the fact that a supernatural phenomenon gained sentiance because it detected Imagine Breaker as a threat.

Paraphrasing one of Touma's lines

"Scary powers are still scary"
Old 2010-11-21, 09:57   Link #6562
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Toaru Majutsu no Index ARCHIVES Volume 1 Radio Drama
Synopsis
Index and Touma unexpectedly have to take care of a baby dropped at their doorstep. As they experience being parents for the first time, they discover that the baby is linked to two women from India, and the race to save the baby from imminent danger begins!
Well I'll be damn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Seriously, I'm just amazed at the fact that a supernatural phenomenon gained sentiance because it detected Imagine Breaker as a threat.

Paraphrasing one of Touma's lines

"Scary powers are still scary"
Yeah that was cool. Originally I just thought that it so happens that Kazakiri gain a awareness at that time. I didn't know that it was because of Imagine Breaker that she became self aware. Indeed, People live, learn and do things because there is death.
Old 2010-11-21, 10:02   Link #6563
tsunade666

It's the same principles use in the fanfic of flere collapse of eastern fantasy.
Old 2010-11-21, 10:38   Link #6564
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:

Spoiler for info:

Spoiler for links:
Be careful there. The audio dramas in the ARCHIVES are not the same as the radio drama. The audio dramas in the ARCHIVES are most likely not canon, and the plots are pretty laughable in some cases. On the other hand, the radio drama is definitely canon, and the script is written by Kamachi himself, so it feels a lot more like the something from the main story.
Old 2010-11-21, 11:02   Link #6565
tsunade666

so what? is the archives canon or not? radio drama are canon but the archives aren't?
Old 2010-11-21, 11:03   Link #6566
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Last part. You can mark Vol 6 Epilogue as done.

Spoiler for Last part:

And for convenience sake, I'll compile them together.

Spoiler for Volume 6 Epilogue:

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-11-21 at 11:14.
Old 2010-11-21, 11:30   Link #6567
tsunade666

my expression is WoW

No wonder I still thin Hyouka is still above new angel Accelerator. Her power is the power of whole esper of academy city. It means Accelerator might be in it too or maybe not because his special like rank 2. But still if Accelerator powers = 20000 + from the age of Isis then reach the power of black wings with the age of Osiris. And finally the age of Horus with white wings. I still think even if the gap isn't that big. Fuze = Kazakiri still stands above Accelerator.

Thanks for the translation teh_ping now I can stay sit and do my design without problem.

Hyouka said it's not Esper

Index said it's not Magic

Then it's initiate?

well gemstones are initiate

but Imagine Breaker has it's own "name" which differs it from the usual gemstones which describes the initiate ability users. Just like how Holy Right has it's own name even though it's an initiate ability.
Old 2010-11-21, 11:41   Link #6568
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Since Hyouka's a concentrated form of AIM, it's more like she's the science equivalent of Index, with continual updates. In other words, it probably means that the more powerful someone gets, the more powerful she'll be.

Gemstones are born with innate abilities. Some of these have AIM dispersal fields(I'm assuming Gunha has it since he's a level 5).

And note the Five Element Institution. Remember in Volume 7 how Agnese explains that there are 5 elements? Is Aleister creating ascience equivalent here?
Old 2010-11-21, 13:10   Link #6569
Used Can

Quote:
Quote:
Synopsis
Index and Touma unexpectedly have to take care of a baby dropped at their doorstep. As they experience being parents for the first time, they discover that the baby is linked to two women from India, and the race to save the baby from imminent danger begins!
This is old, right? I'm sure I listened to something very similar to this a long time ago.
Old 2010-11-21, 14:34   Link #6570
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You have a misconception here. ESPer don't automatically falls into the Aeon of Horus. Even Accelerator still belongs to the Aeon of Osiris.
Something smells fishy here. The description on wikipedia about the "magic" of the Thelema religion (clearly Horus in nature) is almost word-for-word what espers do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, I think you're misunderstanding the concept. The Aeons are like a 'Format' to follow, and apparently you can use either magic or AIM to do so.
Then why is Aleister bothering with Espers in the first place? He was the top dog in magic, and yet he gave it up for esper research. I can't imagine why he would do that unless espers were somehow superior when it came to reaching that goal.
Old 2010-11-21, 15:38   Link #6571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Then why is Aleister bothering with Espers in the first place? He was the top dog in magic, and yet he gave it up for esper research. I can't imagine why he would do that unless espers were somehow superior when it came to reaching that goal.
The Espers were simply another stepping stone in some grand master plan. Researching Espers is fine, but what he wanted is the AIM field they produce to create the Imaginary Number District, which in turn is a stepping stone to destroying the magic societies, which in turn is a stepping stone to possibly something bigger.

We weren't told why he decided to give up his position as the greatest magician in a pursuit for science. It's one of the biggest mystery, but my guess is that he wanted a different power to fight against the magicians, so he cannot use anything in existence and had to create a whole new type of power from scratch.
Old 2010-11-21, 16:30   Link #6572
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
my expression is WoW

No wonder I still thin Hyouka is still above new angel Accelerator. Her power is the power of whole esper of academy city. It means Accelerator might be in it too or maybe not because his special like rank 2. But still if Accelerator powers = 20000 + from the age of Isis then reach the power of black wings with the age of Osiris. And finally the age of Horus with white wings. I still think even if the gap isn't that big. Fuze = Kazakiri still stands above Accelerator.

Thanks for the translation teh_ping now I can stay sit and do my design without problem.

Hyouka said it's not Esper

Index said it's not Magic

Then it's initiate?

well gemstones are initiate

but Imagine Breaker has it's own "name" which differs it from the usual gemstones which describes the initiate ability users. Just like how Holy Right has it's own name even though it's an initiate ability.

yes hyouka has the power of thousands of espers...

but when you consider that Accelerator's one ability can probably allow him to fight against all the other espers in AC at once and still come out on top...

Against magicians Hyouka is probably the greater threat but against each other Accel is probably stronger as he can control her AIM field.
Old 2010-11-21, 17:35   Link #6573
tsunade666

Quote:
We weren't told why he decided to give up his position as the greatest magician in a pursuit for science. It's one of the biggest mystery, but my guess is that he wanted a different power to fight against the magicians, so he cannot use anything in existence and had to create a whole new type of power from scratch.
I wonder why I do feel that Aleister pick a fight with the top dogs of the heaven but gets beat epically. Or something along that lines where he doesn't have anything anymore so nothing to lose more.

his fantasy was already been destroyed to begin with.
Old 2010-11-21, 19:09   Link #6574
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder why I do feel that Aleister pick a fight with the top dogs of the heaven but gets beat epically. Or something along that lines where he doesn't have anything anymore so nothing to lose more.

his fantasy was already been destroyed to begin with.
I think it's more down to earth.

I have no proof of this though, but I've always thought that it was because of magic that he lost his family. Maybe he wanted to bring them back? So he studied until he became the strongest magician even then he realized that the solution cannot be found from magic -> Illusion destroyed.

His creation of the Imaginary Number District would screw with anything related to magic suggest a deep hatred of it, possibly a betrayal? But if we think about it the other way, Aleister's trying to change the laws of the world, perhaps to allow the earlier absolute (cannot bring people back to life) to change?
Old 2010-11-21, 19:46   Link #6575
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
This is old, right? I'm sure I listened to something very similar to this a long time ago.
What is different is that this one is subbed in MKV format.
Honestly, I never see a radio drama subbed in any series I know, and this is my first fansubbed radio drama. Hoping that the rest get subbed as well, especially that ones which involve the esper with the Insulation ability, Yasumi Usukinu.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:20   Link #6576
outerelf

I have a question- is it two powers that Touma has, or is it three?

As far as I can tell, it's two. The Imagine Breaker, and then the power that Touma crushed through sheer willpower to take back the imagine breaker.

But I keep seeing people say it's three. What's this third one?
Old 2010-11-21, 21:31   Link #6577
Satehi

Some people think he crushed the 2nd power with a third power, and not his willpower.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:32   Link #6578
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I though they were two: IB and whatever is inside Touma.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:42   Link #6579
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Spoiler for 80%:

Quote:
The Espers were simply another stepping stone in some grand master plan. Researching Espers is fine, but what he wanted is the AIM field they produce to create the Imaginary Number District, which in turn is a stepping stone to destroying the magic societies, which in turn is a stepping stone to possibly something bigger.

Thanks for the epilogue Teh Ping, though just one minor thing - 'fake action' is the direct translation of the kanji, but wouldn't the word 'Feint' work better?
Quote:
I think it's more down to earth.

I have no proof of this though, but I've always thought that it was because of magic that he lost his family. Maybe he wanted to bring them back? So he studied until he became the strongest magician even then he realized that the solution cannot be found from magic -> Illusion destroyed.

His creation of the Imaginary Number District would screw with anything related to magic suggest a deep hatred of it, possibly a betrayal? But if we think about it the other way, Aleister's trying to change the laws of the world, perhaps to allow the earlier absolute (cannot bring people back to life) to change?
Aleister didn't care about his own family - he sacrificed his own wife in the name of magical research (stated in Vol7), and he also sacrificed a bunch of little girls the same age as his daughter. So I'm guessing it's something else.

And as for Aleister's plans... Read the Vol22 Epilogue. I'll post a extract here:

Spoiler for saving space:

Ie spread AIM all over the world, refine Touma's right hand, use that right hand to align to the original (Fiamma went for 'The one higher than God' and succeeded - but still got punched down by Touma), and then change the world.

Who knows what Aleister is trying to align himself to... the origin of the universe?
Old 2010-11-21, 21:49   Link #6580
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just as long as it doesn't involve the Elder (or is it Outer?) Gods, cause dealing with those beings should be is worse than what Touma and the other characters have seen so far and I think they have plenty to deal with.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen