AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-04-05, 07:27   Link #641
B214

At least he lived a long life. But still RIP Erik Bauersfeld.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 12:22   Link #642
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Do you guys think this is true?
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...-gay-character

That is one big way to kill Star war franchise if they do that, a lot of countries will ban Star wars, and SW can lose many demographic fans. The episode 7 has build up that Finn x Rey is a things., making Finn with Poe just very forced for sake including Homo element.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 13:59   Link #643
Maxulous
mono no aware

I think Poe being gay seems like quite a natural step for an otherwise straightforward character. Finn is a bit more of a stretch. Then again, let's be honest, there was certainly more on-screen chemistry between PxF than RxF.

Rey is destined for transcendence, the story doesn't need her to end up with anyone.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 14:04   Link #644
Maxulous
mono no aware

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Sexual Awakening
Old 2016-04-30, 19:51   Link #645
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post

That is one big way to kill Star war franchise if they do that, a lot of countries will ban Star wars, and SW can lose many demographic fans. The episode 7 has build up that Finn x Rey is a things., making Finn with Poe just very forced for sake including Homo element.
Oh for fucks sake, really Hollywood? Really?

Look, nothing against gays or homosexuals (choose which ever term you like), but, enough is enough seriously, if it's not making women in movies be unrealistically badass just to portay thwm as being "good characters", it's changing gender bending male characters (which ends up making everyone even madder) or it's just making everyone gay for no reason.

Poe I can see being gay, mostly because out of the three new leads he is the only one that is barely developed apart from "awesome pilot" and "cool guy". Finn on the other hand has been shown to like Rey (yes, he likes her, it's kind of pretty obvious) so making him gay in episode 8 will just ruin what has been established. Finn and Poe are friends, in no way shape or form did their interactions look like sexual attraction, it was more of two bros bonding. Those that saw those scenes and thought that that was their implication must not know how human interaction works.

Seriously, why do some view guys bonding as signs that they might be gay? What about women and their "girls night out" or anything similar, are the seen as lesbians due to their female bonding?

I'm willing to let slide the whole Mary Sue thing since I loved the movie so much, but this, no, just no.

(Just in case someone doesn't know how to properly read, I have nothing against gays/homosexuals, I have friends and family who are gay/homo and I respect their choice and have no need to judge them for it, but BS developments have to be called out)
Old 2016-04-30, 20:42   Link #646
B214

This will be very awkward if it happens not because of the gay thing but rather it's just an out of nowhere thing. It is like Ichigo suddenly falling in love with Byakuya/Kenpachi, that kind of awkwardness.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 21:57   Link #647
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

True, turn Fin Gay with Poe really out of nowhere it will completely ruin his character.
I honestly against Gay that for the one but in this case the one make me against this idea is it's totally random to make that happen.
The establishment in episode 7 has build up Fin x Ray development.
I cannot understand why they announce this to the public, things like this overly sensitive even if not plot-related but hugely will trigger fans reaction toward positive and negative to the point abandonment by fans in several countries which against LGBT.
They should keep this on secret instead making fussy confirmation to public.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 22:19   Link #648
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Actual that might be a funny triangle. Poe likes Finn. Finn likes Rey. Rey...we'll get back to that later.
Old 2016-04-30, 22:40   Link #649
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You know, it could be just the actors just trolling the fans who are into Finn x Poe and the Gay character might not be the main trio of the new trilogy but another actor.
Old 2016-05-01, 18:37   Link #650
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post

The SUCK is strong with Disney.
Old 2016-05-01, 22:40   Link #651
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They ruined Finn the moment they put him in a coma. Don't have to focus on any of the male characters next movie since Finn was put in the freezer. All hail the most powerful Jedi in the making Rey.
Old 2016-05-01, 22:46   Link #652
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What, why the fuck are you people really that surprised? We're in an era of political correctness gone mad. Hollywood's been doing this for a long while now, and this is hardly the first victim of such bullshit. This is why they're changing a white character into a black one in The Gunslinger and adding a new female lead when there wasn't one before.

So all y'all, stop acting like you're surprised. This is the least surprising thing I've heard of from Hollywood.
Old 2016-05-02, 15:31   Link #653
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
They ruined Finn the moment they put him in a coma. Don't have to focus on any of the male characters next movie since Finn was put in the freezer. All hail the most powerful Jedi in the making Rey.
Considering who the story structure is likely to take place, and how much John Boyega is showing up for on set photo shoots, this is entirely false.

Finn's in a comma long enough to that Rey has to go off looking for Luke without her new friend. Finn will likely be the main character focus for everything else that is going on while Rey trains with Luke. We already has another main female being added to the cast, likely so she can play off of Finn.
Old 2016-05-04, 23:42   Link #654
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering who the story structure is likely to take place, and how much John Boyega is showing up for on set photo shoots, this is entirely false.

Finn's in a comma long enough to that Rey has to go off looking for Luke without her new friend. Finn will likely be the main character focus for everything else that is going on while Rey trains with Luke. We already has another main female being added to the cast, likely so she can play off of Finn.
Who wants to take bets there is a "Force Coma" for Finn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What, why the fuck are you people really that surprised? We're in an era of political correctness gone mad. Hollywood's been doing this for a long while now, and this is hardly the first victim of such bullshit. This is why they're changing a white character into a black one in The Gunslinger and adding a new female lead when there wasn't one before.

So all y'all, stop acting like you're surprised. This is the least surprising thing I've heard of from Hollywood.
What about using CGI to make a Caucasian actor look Asian? XD was that not surprising?
Old 2016-05-05, 17:22   Link #655
AntonKutovoi

On the kinda unrelated note, I finally saw episode 3 in the original (I saw it a lot of times before, but in the Russian dub, and actually it's my favorite episode) and now I get the dislike for Christensen's acting.
http://youtu.be/WQY98tDrtlc
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 18:55   Link #656
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
On the kinda unrelated note, I finally saw episode 3 in the original (I saw it a lot of times before, but in the Russian dub, and actually it's my favorite episode) and now I get the dislike for Christensen's acting.
http://youtu.be/WQY98tDrtlc
I must be of the minority but I thought he did fine. Just the whole way the prequels were written was cheesy and cringey.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 19:06   Link #657
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

An actor can only go so far with the material and direction given. Lucas is not the best writer in the galaxy and he knows his style of directing is limited. World building and cinimatic style are great from Lucas, but his lines are hard to get out and "action, faster, more intense, and cut" are not quite enough for some actors. More experianced actors can work around it or get to alter their lines to make them more natural. But in the late 90s and early 00s even the experianced actors and directors were working out how to deal with so much green screen and cgi characters/enviroments.
Old 2016-05-05, 19:25   Link #658
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, I really can't blame the actors for anything in the Prequels. Their source material was awful.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 23:48   Link #659
Maxulous
mono no aware

His direction didn't help but Christensen never had the experience or range needed for such a role. He might be better at acting now, but back then he was at best wooden or creepy.

I can't believe the rumors going around that he'll make an appearance in VIII. Give me gay retconning everyday and twice on Sunday over that shit.
Old 2016-05-06, 00:32   Link #660
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is the potential for a Force Ghost Anakin in VIII, but there is also the slim chance of him in the suit for Rogue One. The last Darth Vader suit Lucasfilm made for the films was fitted for Christensen.