AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 01:35   Link #641
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Hey, it looks like NND listened to the wails from the fans and have added in a new category to the rankings listings (hourly) which acts very similar to the old "today" listing.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 03:38   Link #642
wao
OK.

I don't think the fact that it updates (and resets) hourly makes it very similar to the old system at all though... But it does make it easier to allow new videos to get into the public eye I guess.
Old 2008-08-08, 04:22   Link #643
Meirin
Locked Girl

Thanks for U.N. Owen arrangement, wao! That was pretty amazing to hear.

The new ranking system is quite frustrating... thank god for the other ranking services.

Yukkureisen Overdrive (Stops-at-the-diseased-part-and-melts-quickly) ( ゚∀゚)o彡

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4166177
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 06:06   Link #644
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Well, I was looking up Okami videos or "大神" and I found this specific one that I found funny. I downloaded it and made this avatar from it.
After I made the avatar I deleted the video and now I can't find it again. Can I get some help, please?
I had a look for you under the tags 大神, 大神MAD, 手書き大神 and 手書きMAD but I can't seem to find it either.

However I stumbled across some other fun Okami MADs~

Okami Danjo: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2672290

Okami cookie recipe and instructions: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1528679

I'm sure you've seen the Caramelldansen already: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2413876
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 09:02   Link #645
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Well Here is new a new play thru I stumbled upon. Its a chick playing thru earthbound. Her voice is quite nice... sexy even. If you never played earthbound here is a great chance to soak up that superb BGM, and her calming voice. Excellent for listening to as you browse the web Its the first in her series, it is freshly uploaded... please enjoy.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4235059
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 09:40   Link #646
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Well Here is new a new play thru I stumbled upon. Its a chick playing thru earthbound. Her voice is quite nice... sexy even. If you never played earthbound here is a great chance to soak up that superb BGM, and her calming voice. Excellent for listening to as you browse the web Its the first in her series, it is freshly uploaded... please enjoy.

As an interesting counterpart to this, if the "sexy female" voice is not your style, you could try this recent playthrough by the "angry osakan guy":

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4040283

Watch until minute 27... that's absolutely hilarious, and a bit touching.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-08-10, 13:57   Link #647
mg1942

Why is there no ENGLISH mode for nivovideo???

English speakers/users easily tops 1 billion +.

I wonder if niwango is working on english edition...
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:35   Link #648
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Why is there no ENGLISH mode for nivovideo???

English speakers/users easily tops 1 billion +.

I wonder if niwango is working on english edition...
Well if you notice the spanish and german editions actually have the player interface in english... So it seems like they have english in mind.

Perhaps they are using the spanish, german, and taiwanese versions as sort of a beta-test before rolling out a full English version.

They'd better hurry, though, as youtube have been working towards implementing nico-like features very rapidly. And a lot of Japanese have even started using youtube instead.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-08-10, 16:30   Link #649
Rembr

Didn't they already use Youtube a lot before Nico?
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:00   Link #650
mg1942

nevermind the english mode...

That site is already flooded with tons of bikini-clad j-idol clips. Once it's accessed by english-speaking users (especially US) Niwango will be pressured to delete them or face embarrasment on the media (especially by Bill O'Reily)
Old 2008-08-10, 17:14   Link #651
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Well if you notice the spanish and german editions actually have the player interface in english... So it seems like they have english in mind.

Perhaps they are using the spanish, german, and taiwanese versions as sort of a beta-test before rolling out a full English version.

They'd better hurry, though, as youtube have been working towards implementing nico-like features very rapidly. And a lot of Japanese have even started using youtube instead.

Youtube has annotations. One improvement they should do is add an option to make annotation box transparent.

Youtube's annotations is clearly superior to nicovideo, especially when you want accurate timing on your subtitle.

Here's my video upload using youtube's annotations (nissangeeteear)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdOaP68cgaA
Old 2008-08-10, 19:22   Link #652
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
As an interesting counterpart to this, if the "sexy female" voice is not your style, you could try this recent playthrough by the "angry osakan guy":

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4040283

Watch until minute 27... that's absolutely hilarious, and a bit touching.

ohh I will give him a try, thanks! Although the only kansai-ben I understand is warota But still angry people are funny.

EDIT: Omg, how did I miss this one? Man this dude is so funny, the names alone had me laughing so hard, this guy is win... Man its going to be hard watching both these play thru's but, they are both high quality... I love nico
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 21:49   Link #653
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

there is no advanced search function right? say I wanted to find all videos with the guy 'J' singing in them.

also how does nico licensing work? I noticed a few CDs were made from the spoof chorus videos. I know for comiket that there is a 'special' one day licensing that most companies allow so that people can sell their doujin products during the event. are these just doujin CDs that were left over on amazon?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 23:31   Link #654
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
there is no advanced search function right? say I wanted to find all videos with the guy 'J' singing in them.
Either find one of his and click on the mylist or tag or encyclopedia entry. Most singers put their name in a locked tag and/or have a mylist of their songs and the famous singers have entries in the encyclopedia.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:08   Link #655
wao
OK.

God, I'd totally pay to see this full real orchestra version of the Ryuuseigun...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4274181

...and I'd pay more if the strings were a beeeeeet better

Pretty uplifting to hear popular tunes with real life instruments, and an orchestra no less. Reminds me of how excited I'd get when I went for school band concerts.
Old 2008-08-13, 10:30   Link #656
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
God, I'd totally pay to see this full real orchestra version of the Ryuuseigun...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4274181

...and I'd pay more if the strings were a beeeeeet better

Pretty uplifting to hear popular tunes with real life instruments, and an orchestra no less. Reminds me of how excited I'd get when I went for school band concerts.
Yeah, I saw that one too. That's a LOT of work... They even sounded like they practiced it a bit!

I can only wonder what a nico-neophyte's reaction would be to it.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-08-16, 12:03   Link #657
wao
OK.

Okay, so recently I've been trying to upload a h264-encoded .mp4 on niconico and I have a problem.
I'm probably better off posting on one of the tech forums but it won't be useful unless people who actively use niconico can respond because the files work, it's just that nico won't accept them.
Unless you guys can direct me to a more suitable place to ask in English (I've read nicowiki.com and trust me I'll never get it done if I have to go use aviutl like they say and keep looking at a guide written in a foreign language, but it is a last resort)

Spoiler for problems, pokemans, same thing:

Anyone who's uploaded .mp4s to nicovideo? I'd be grateful if I knew how you did it... it can't be that difficult... mumblegrumble

And in a faint effort to seem more on-topic, recently I just looked at a whole string of videos of people dancing Yaranaika and other assorted things, it's addictive (no surprise there). But the one that got the most reactions out of me was this crazy guy who did it on an ice rink with people giving him funny looks... and this video that made me jump at 3:00 (no wonder hardly anyone was looking...) Seriously it's quite a nice effect.
But it's old news, that video's a few months old...
Old 2008-08-16, 14:44   Link #658
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post

Thanks for that. I'm also one who finds certain types of feminine voices to be calming and soothing. Even though I don't understand more than a few words (so far), I like listening to some Aria drama CDs I have for that very reason.

This clip is nice... it's running in the background right now as I type. I just registered with niconico last night (many thanks to Chama for the guide), so I've got a whole lot of exploring to do.
Old 2008-08-17, 05:53   Link #659
Chama

@wao
About h264 encoded mp4 file upload. I came across this Japanese page concerning the topic.
According to the page, the movie file without sound is forced to be re-encoded.
So you should add silent sound file to the movie first. And check your movie satisfy the conditions below.
Spoiler for Translated condition chart on above page:

Last edited by Chama; 2008-08-17 at 16:47.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 23:41   Link #660
wao
OK.

Quote:
音声なしの動画は問答無用で再エンコされるようです(2008/05/27現在)。対処法は適当な無音mp3を入れるなど
Jeez, if I had bothered to open my eyes and read that line I would have saved so much of my time.

Can't find any aac files to put on the video but when I just put in an mp3 for the ehck of it it didn't play any sound, but it didn't get reencoded either! Hallelujah, I have an mp4 uploaded. It was so simple...

Thanks so much Chama, I can't believe I'm so stupid. As they say in Japanese ちょっと首吊ってくる

Now to go acquire some relevant audio...

Tags
video