Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 18:21   Link #641
Nerroth
NePoi!

There are shots of the 2000 and the Vita TV in this video:

Old 2013-09-10, 00:42   Link #642
4Tran

The Vita TV a very low price console that already has a decent library and has a wide range of functionality. It's potentially one of the most effective console products ever produced. It manages to boost both the PS4 and the Vita while simultaneously striking at the Xbone and Wii U (and potentially the 3DS as well). If I didn't already have a Vita I'd pick one up for sure. Heck, it's boosted my likelihood of getting a PS4 soon after launch, and I'm almost certain to pick up a Vita TV as well.
Old 2013-09-10, 02:24   Link #643
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Why would they bother, since they already capitalized with the HD version for PS3?
Monster Hunter will still come for Vita eventually, I mean after all we are playing Resident Evil games on Sony and Microsoft systems after all.... it was never going to be announced at this show though, not with Monster Hunter 4 about to launch for the 3DS. That would've been stupid.

But like I said it's bound to happen, especially if sales for MH4 can't reach 3rds levels. The gap is shrinking between what the PSP had as an user base @ 3rds launch and what the 3DS will have for 4. Not to mention Pokemon (and the 2ds as stupid as it is) will massively lift the userbase.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 03:49   Link #644
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Monster Hunter will still come for Vita eventually
Monster Hunter Frontier Online remote play ^^

Sounds stupid but most vita games are so suited for TV gaming, unlike 3ds games. I really hope sony aren't underestimating VitaTV's appeal for gamers and developers. In the best case or worst, depending how you look at it, the VitaTV has the potential to be the dominant home console this generation, it even has the pedigree to outdo the PS4, in my opinion.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 04:43   Link #645
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Monster Hunter Frontier Online remote play ^^

Sounds stupid but most vita games are so suited for TV gaming, unlike 3ds games. I really hope sony aren't underestimating VitaTV's appeal for gamers and developers. In the best case or worst, depending how you look at it, the VitaTV has the potential to be the dominant home console this generation, it even has the pedigree to outdo the PS4, in my opinion.
If VitaTV worked out, I can imagine a Vita TV 2 in the future with added PS2 game compatibility. Sony can take the ball and run with it.
Old 2013-09-10, 11:19   Link #646
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Apparently the PS Vita TV has already been sold out on Amazon Japan
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 12:08   Link #647
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was skeptical at first... but that thing has so much potential Not just the marketing commercial made it interesting but basically it's an adapter of your VITA to your TV. Since I just watched the commercial I am underinformed and would welcome input which won't tell me to reasearch more If they would say anything like allowing the vita TV to access the same 3G internet you hook up into your vita, then this is really a no brainer.Heck it would indeed have all it needs to match the ps4. Though perhaps a wider game library would be nice since the vita has been most famous for its ports.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:08   Link #648
defki

At the begining of the PS4 reveal conference back in February House did say that they believe the Vita is so powerful that it has potential as a livingroom device and that they will talk about it later this year. So while Sony blindesided everyone with the Vita TV they indirectly said that it's coming .

For what it's worth it does show that there is a strategy and vision with the VTV and that they planned this for a while. Done right it could be quite big. VTV success will attract more devs to the Vita and there will be more games with less touch gimmicks. Win-win imo. Let's hope Sony does not screw this up.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:09   Link #649
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
So what does lack of OLED screen mean anyway for the 2000? I know we still get to keep the touch screen and all.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:43   Link #650
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
So what does lack of OLED screen mean anyway for the 2000? I know we still get to keep the touch screen and all.
Nothing. It's just a different screen technology, the end user won't notice much difference.
Old 2013-09-10, 15:07   Link #651
defki

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nothing. It's just a different screen technology, the end user won't notice much difference.
If Sony uses a high quality LCD then it's nothing much. If they use some piece of shit LCD the say hello to blurriness, ghosting and washed out colors. It will be a worse picture quality. They have the triluminos tech so hopefully they will not be cheap and use it.

On the bright side it means no risk of burn in and less mura effect.

It's still a downgrade imo.
Old 2013-09-10, 18:22   Link #652
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
If Sony uses a high quality LCD then it's nothing much. If they use some piece of shit LCD the say hello to blurriness, ghosting and washed out colors. It will be a worse picture quality. They have the triluminos tech so hopefully they will not be cheap and use it.

On the bright side it means no risk of burn in and less mura effect.

It's still a downgrade imo.
If so then I need not to worry then. 2000 will probably be cheaper too right? Thanks for answering and in advance.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 21:11   Link #653
defki

Quote:
If so then I need not to worry then. 2000 will probably be cheaper too right? Thanks for answering and in advance.
Hard to say actually as the 2000 is currently only announced for Japan. It should be but probably will not. It will launch for 18980 yen (~190$) a bit less then the current Vita price. However Sony just recently announced the price cut for the west during their GC conference so it would be strange to lower the price even more.

We will have to wait until they announce it for the west.
Old 2013-09-10, 21:43   Link #654
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It just occurred to me that people will hack/will modify Vita TVs so that you can put emulators made for PSV on them. This means Vita TVs can be emulation boxes, and the PS3 controller is good for both 2D gaming and 3D gaming (for like N64 emulation).

I think I will get a Vita TV and I look forward to playing NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis, etc. on it.
Old 2013-09-10, 22:20   Link #655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:22   Link #656
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I don't get it. Or is there nothing to get? It is just an animu chick eating a Playstation Vita?
Old 2013-09-10, 22:30   Link #657
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Is that a girl from Kantai series that finally making an appearance on Vita? I'm kinda looking forward to it since I had no luck getting inside the JP server.
Old 2013-09-10, 23:13   Link #658
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I don't get it. Or is there nothing to get? It is just an animu chick eating a Playstation Vita?
They are personified warships. They eat steel and bauxite for food.
Old 2013-09-11, 07:45   Link #659
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It looks like the difference in term of colors between the vita 1000 and 2000 screens is beyond glaring:

An extra 1h doesn't justify that.
Old 2013-09-11, 08:00   Link #660
Dextro
He Without a Title

Uou that's way worse than I expected (and I tend to prefer LCD to OLED)

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv