AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-12, 08:06   Link #641
hyddty

Quote:
Originally Posted by readher View Post
Am I retarded or did like two pages of this thread disappear? It's as if I went back in time. I remember there being summaries of chapters of the new volume, now it's only the prologue. I also feel as if I saw tuckersister's post (which is supposedly from today) a few days ago.
I think it got deleted due to being long summaries
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 08:53   Link #642
readher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyddty View Post
I think it got deleted due to being long summaries
That's what I figured, but wouldn't there by any notifications about posts being deleted then?
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 07:18   Link #643
Blazor 98

Hmm.... Do Sistina and Rumia balance each other out?
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 11:32   Link #644
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Hmm.... Do Sistina and Rumia balance each other out?
Depends on what you mean by balancing out? Both have their pros and cons.

Rumia: she's sharp and can read people. Her skills as a magician is average but she has great potential because of OP magic. She has a good personality but is bad at cooking.

Sistina: she's intelligent but a little naive. She doesn't have OP magic like Rumia does but as a magician she's a rare prodigy that makes her second to none in her year with vast knowledge compared to her peers. Her personality needs work but she's good at cooking.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 15:56   Link #645
Doe, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Depends on what you mean by balancing out? Both have their pros and cons.

Rumia: she's sharp and can read people. Her skills as a magician is average but she has great potential because of OP magic. She has a good personality but is bad at cooking.

Sistina: she's intelligent but a little naive. She doesn't have OP magic like Rumia does but as a magician she's a rare prodigy that makes her second to none in her year with vast knowledge compared to her peers. Her personality needs work but she's good at cooking.
Rumia is also good at white magic, which Sistina is poor at.
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 18:24   Link #646
tuckersister

I wonder if someone's gonna finish the summaries of Vol 12. Of course hopefully they'll be a bit shorter.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 19:23   Link #647
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe, John View Post
Rumia is also good at white magic, which Sistina is poor at.
Perhaps but still, as far as overall talent as a magician goes Sistina way ahead of Rumia. In fact, if not for battle experience and knowledge I would say Sistina is better than Glen as a magician.
Old 2018-08-13, 19:28   Link #648
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Perhaps but still, as far as overall talent as a magician goes Sistina way ahead of Rumia. In fact, if not for battle experience and knowledge I would say Sistina is better than Glen as a magician.
I wouldn't go as far to say she's better than Glen as a magician. He did use to be in the Magic corps. And even created his own spell "Fool's world". He had talent as well.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 19:37   Link #649
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
I wouldn't go as far to say she's better than Glen as a magician. He did use to be in the Magic corps. And even created his own spell "Fool's world". He had talent as well.
Glenn has knowledge but he didn't really have talent. Most of his knowledge stems from his experience and also being the pupil of Celica (greatest magician on the continent). If you exclude that Glenn would be average which is why he's a 3rd rank magician. He can't even use "Shock Bolt" in a one-verse chant. Sistina is a prodigy with incredible knowledge for her age and have enormous quantity of mana capacity. Imagine if she was trained by Celica.
Old 2018-08-14, 04:58   Link #650
tuckersister

That would be overkill.
Old 2018-08-14, 08:45   Link #651
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
That would be overkill.
I would think of her as an equal to Eve.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 05:33   Link #652
tuckersister

Anything else happen in Vol 12?
Old 2018-08-25, 11:59   Link #653
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Glenn has knowledge but he didn't really have talent. Most of his knowledge stems from his experience and also being the pupil of Celica (greatest magician on the continent). If you exclude that Glenn would be average which is why he's a 3rd rank magician. He can't even use "Shock Bolt" in a one-verse chant. Sistina is a prodigy with incredible knowledge for her age and have enormous quantity of mana capacity. Imagine if she was trained by Celica.
Glenn don't have talent??, if you talk about his talent, it is the same when you talk about Emiya Shirou's talent. Their talent don't belong to traditional mage realm. they are unorthodox mage that combine almost every kind of combat and strategy in battlefield. Remember Lancer's words to Shirou: you quick on your feet, but your magical capacity is hopeless. Well wrap up they are more of a combat genius than a mage genius.
Old 2018-08-25, 14:54   Link #654
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
Glenn don't have talent??, if you talk about his talent, it is the same when you talk about Emiya Shirou's talent. Their talent don't belong to traditional mage realm. they are unorthodox mage that combine almost every kind of combat and strategy in battlefield. Remember Lancer's words to Shirou: you quick on your feet, but your magical capacity is hopeless. Well wrap up they are more of a combat genius than a mage genius.
Not really, even Celica stated that Glenn didn't really have talent. Glenn can fight but again it mainly comes from his experience in the magician corps and also being Celica's student. As far as fights goes Glenn needs back up against strong magicians like the one he fought in Volume 1 and against Justice. Both times where Glenn fought on his own, he didn't stand a chance and needed backup from Sistina.
Old 2018-08-26, 00:47   Link #655
Tenzen12

I can see where @Viethai coming from, but Fool World while it's indeed Glenn trump card is highly situational and even with it included as part of his talent he is still subpar magician.

If you really want make some comparison Glenn is much more like Lord El Meloi II (aka Waver Velvet) *then Emya Shiro
Old 2018-08-26, 02:59   Link #656
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I can see where @Viethai coming from, but Fool World while it's indeed Glenn trump card is highly situational and even with it included as part of his talent he is still subpar magician.

If you really want make some comparison Glenn is much more like Lord El Meloi II (aka Waver Velvet) *then Emya Shiro
But the first part describe Shirou and UBW as well though? UBW is situational trump card, and he is still a 3rd rate Magus.

Waver, OTOH, is a capable magus with average power, but rather lacking in combat.
Old 2018-08-26, 06:48   Link #657
Blazor 98

I think you people are underestimating Glenn and overestimating Sistina. It's been proven Glenn is way above an average 3rd rank. He was feared as "The Fool" for a reason and killed many mages. The guy entered the academy at the age of 10. Sistina have talent but by normal standards. I don't think she's more talented than Glenn, who entered the magician corp at the age of 14.

His "Fool's World" is an original magic which is not common by magician and while it is situational, Glenn has proven he can make it work. Only people who knows about it before hand has a chance but they are oblivious to Glenn abilities than they fall prey to it.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 07:46   Link #658
dragon1412

Quote:
I think you people are underestimating Glenn and overestimating Sistina. It's been proven Glenn is way above an average 3rd rank. He was feared as "The Fool" for a reason and killed many mages. The guy entered the academy at the age of 10. Sistina have talent but by normal standards. I don't think she's more talented than Glenn, who entered the magician corp at the age of 14.

His "Fool's World" is an original magic which is not common by magician and while it is situational, Glenn has proven he can make it work. Only people who knows about it before hand has a chance but they are oblivious to Glenn abilities than they fall prey to it.
It's just another case of hardware vs software in my eyes. Sistina is talented but that only mean that her specs that she was born with is high, it is entirely different when combat ability, situational analysis, ... is involved think of a computer with high end rig but run on Ubuntu or MS dos and another normal one run on win 10. working wise it is the one that can use the most out of it are the more effective one
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 07:51   Link #659
tuckersister

Yet another topic that gets out of hand.

Does anyone know where I can find the rest of Vol 12?
Old 2018-08-26, 08:57   Link #660
Tenzen12

Quote:

He is great assassin, decent combatant, use bit of magic and knows lot how to counter it. He is hybrid where whole is much more than sum of parts and actual practical magic part isn't worth a lot on it's own. Put away his CQC combat, tools and weapons and all you get magician who got crushed by high school girl in magical duel.

Celica in other hand got immortality by what age again? Twenty? Twenty six? And everything Glenn knows about magic he learned from her.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-08-26 at 09:07.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, magic school