Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-26, 06:52   Link #641
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I like Shizuku alot, and this is coming from me, whose not into the the perfect wife type characters Darknemo2000 mentioned...
Funny...I always saw Tsukasa as the perfect wife type.

Quote:
...because Shizuku is easily the most mature and all-rounded out of all the three girls and the most connected to Nagi. This chapter proved it, while the other two girls were focused on what they wanted, Shizuku asked what Nagi wanted, and that is a big difference and tells alot about Shizuku. Shizuku easily has the best personality out of all the three girls, she is everything, mature, playful, intelligent, strong-willed, graceful, she isnt overly shy or overly aggressive either and deep all at the same time, what more can you want from a girl, easily the best in terms of personality and she doesnt hide her feelings at all.
Shizuku is win.

Quote:
I still like Karin and wouldnt mind it if she does end up with Nagi but I still prefer Shizuku but while I kinda like Soyogi and find her adorable I dont want her to be with Nagi, but I will be happy with either Shizuku or Karin, but just prefer Shizuku abit more. This is unexpected from me coz, I usually go for the Karin type characters and I m totally against a Harem ending, they simply suck, just look at To-Love-Ru, and Umi no Misaki is just too good a romance manga to be ruined with Harem sucky open ending. To gain something you have to lose something and that's a fact, Harem ending is nothing more than a consolation prize where everyone goes home happy but hasnt really achieved anything truly either.
TLR ended abrubtly. The author had personal issues so the series ended. Although, I can't see that series ending any other way, but it was more of a fan service filled comedy than drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
She is too perfect for my tastes. She is not bad girl, a contrary, she is a really good girl, nice and pretty, but spending life with "Miss Perfect" could be terrible. Sooner or later you'll start to compare yourself to yours perfect partner and that comparison wont be nice to yours self-esteem.

In terms of personality I like Karin most, I like all 3 girls, but Karin is my type of girl .

I want here a harem ending, it's possible, because all three mikos are, according to religious law, Nagi wifes. They just need to consume their marriage .
Consummate* and they'd have to do it together.

And I think a harem end can work here. It won't be open ended because it would be an agreed thing. It won't with him not picking. He'd just pick all three.

Oh, and polygamy isn't an easy thing to do with three girls. There is enough time to give to each of them so they'll want more of it. If there were more they would have less available time to argue over. I don't know if I am making sense here. It's harder to play favorite with a lot of good choices, maybe that sounds better.
Old 2010-02-26, 08:09   Link #642
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Consummate* and they'd have to do it together.
He is a healthy boy, he will endure

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 22:56   Link #643
NaweG
Just some guy

Have been thinking about the earlier suggestion on here about a girl coming from outside as a new entrant, and there is one way I could see it being done that would be worth the trouble.

Our DG and the girls have started to settle into a routine, but what could get in the way? Have someone who our Dragon God cared for when he was younger, who now comes there to find him again. Throw him into a situation where he has to consider leaving the other girls and the island, and threatening the beliefs of the people who are beginning to lean on him as their DG. So he might have to chose between honor and duty, versus something that once was important to him, and having to partly decide if she's still important to him.

Then the one of the girls who can help him think his way through all this becomes his choice.

Just a thought.
Old 2010-03-01, 00:32   Link #644
velvet nightmare

a new entrant could be one of those 'crisis' tools for the author, basically to accelerate the story and keep readers interested. ie, a childhood friend of nagi from city visits and puts pressure on the girls to get the job done kind of deal. ... wait a second that's just a KNIM plot. see what i did thar?!?!?

on a more serious note NaweG brings up the point of the role of the DG, tbh i can't even remember what his purpose is or if it was even explained. probably a plot device down the road for drama/development purposes, but this story is really hard to predict with all the possibilities at this point
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 10:58   Link #645
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think the conflict will come from outside of the island. It's all going to be about the legend and customs related to the Dragon God.

Also, I like how there are so few girls in his harem. I don't particularly care for characters who'll forever have a one-sided love, they are a waste of time. I cite Ai Yori Aoshi.
Old 2010-03-01, 19:31   Link #646
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think the conflict will come from outside of the island. It's all going to be about the legend and customs related to the Dragon God.
Possibly, but this is also a coming of age story for DG and the young ladies. I could see representing the past and forcing DG to firmly have to decide on going back or moving forward - and that being a catalyst for other decisions.

On the other hand, I'd be just as happy to see a true harem ending where everyone ends off satisfied with that. Only other examples I've seen of that are "Futakoi Alternative" and the OELVN "Rise of the Little Brother".

FWIW...
Old 2010-03-01, 19:38   Link #647
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Possibly, but this is also a coming of age story for DG and the young ladies. I could see representing the past and forcing DG to firmly have to decide on going back or moving forward - and that being a catalyst for other decisions.
Well, I'd rather the outside conflict come from his dad and not another girl.

Although, it'd be comical if the girl was married. She'd show up at Nagi's door alone and be all friendly with him, the girls would freak out, and then her husband would walk in.

Quote:
On the other hand, I'd be just as happy to see a true harem ending where everyone ends off satisfied with that. Only other examples I've seen of that are "Futakoi Alternative" and the OELVN "Rise of the Little Brother".

FWIW...
It really is rare to see a true harem ending, it would be a nice change.
Old 2010-03-18, 17:53   Link #648
NaweG
Just some guy

Isn't the next chapter a little overdue? Did Young Animal not include it this time around for some reason?
Old 2010-03-18, 19:34   Link #649
cyberdemon

there was a break next chapter is out on the 26th
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 04:09   Link #650
Tri-ring

Hi guys & gals,

It's been awhile since I last done this but since the RAWs have not been posted, I might as well give you people a spoiler for Ep.62 titled Tama & Mike.

Spoiler for Ep.62:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 10:14   Link #651
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Hi guys & gals,

It's been awhile since I last done this but since the RAWs have not been posted, I might as well give you people a spoiler for Ep.62 titled Tama & Mike.

Spoiler for Ep.62:
Spoiler for Ep 62:
Old 2010-03-30, 02:29   Link #652
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
if the Chinese word for trouble is two women under the same roof, does this make trouble squared, or trouble to the 4th power?
No, I think it's read "HAREM"
Old 2010-04-01, 06:43   Link #653
Dark Mage

Nah....I dont think the new girl would make passes at Nagi herself coz she is older to him, and might only advice and help him in some ways, but she will be close enough to Nagi to make the girls jealous
Old 2010-04-01, 08:32   Link #654
Arturro

Quote:
Nah....I dont think the new girl would make passes at Nagi herself coz she is older to him, and might only advice and help him in some ways, but she will be close enough to Nagi to make the girls jealous
IMHO the teacher has a hidden agenda. We know her maior was something related to religious knowledge. I suspect she arrived on Island, because she is interested in local religion about Dragon God. So all three mikos as well as Nagi are, sort of, her lab rats. I don't think she is evil, just that she is not a "simple" teacher.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 08:47   Link #655
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
IMHO the teacher has a hidden agenda. We know her maior was something related to religious knowledge. I suspect she arrived on Island, because she is interested in local religion about Dragon God. So all three mikos as well as Nagi are, sort of, her lab rats. I don't think she is evil, just that she is not a "simple" teacher.
She is a Cultural anthropologist required to blend in with the locals as fieldwork for her study.

Yeah you are right, the four are her "lab rats" and she'll probably write a thesis when she is done with them.
Old 2010-04-01, 17:03   Link #656
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ch 62:
Old 2010-04-05, 09:32   Link #657
Nosauz

finally, raws out, and god sensei is a slob, and what the hell is she planning.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 04:37   Link #658
Dark Mage

Hooo boy...Let the cat fight begin. Seriously because Shizuku seems to be pretty pissed and envious already, and the same goes for Soyogi although she seems more curious than angry while Karin is starstruck, as she most probably realised that Mike is a celeb. So anyone here feels that Mike will fall for Nagi too? I think she wont

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-04-06 at 08:49.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 07:33   Link #659
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I was wondering how things were going to be throw off kilt. Never thought of a stranger rocking the boat. Genius!!

I cannot wait for the next chapter.
Old 2010-04-06, 11:58   Link #660
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Hooo boy...Let the cat fight begin. Seriously because Shizuku seems to be pretty pissed and envious already, and the same goes for Soyogi although she seems more curious than angry while Karin is starstruck, as she most probably realised that Mike is a celeb. So anyone here feels that Mike will fall for Nagi too? I think she wont
Agreed, I think that she will only stay there temporarily, and won't act as a long term rival for Nagi's affections. As you said before, she will definitely be close enough to make the other girls jealous though. I wonder what role will an idol play to the story? My theory is that while the girls spent their life revered and adored by the people in their little island, this woman gets the same treatment by a lot more people, and quite possibly (if Karin's hilarious look may indicate) from some of the island people as well. So basically, another reason for their jealousy aside from the obvious one towards Nagi. I'm not really sure though...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen