AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Rating
Perfect 10 236 64.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 95 25.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 6.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 0.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-02, 05:32   Link #641
Friday
Im shy too...

it was very enjoyable to watch....

Full marks!!! 10/10

how will they top this
Old 2011-02-03, 11:37   Link #642
wistfulloner

I don't think anything as ground-breaking in anime will come about for some time, and this season's lineup isn't helping much.
Old 2011-02-07, 18:32   Link #643
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Finally got around to watching this movie last night, which is odd considering how much I was looking forward to it.

Disappearence is by far my favourite book in the series. Once I started reading it, I didn't stop until I was finished it (which was at like 6 in the morning). So needless to say I knew exactly what was going to happen in the movie.

Regardless of that, it was still a treat to see my favourite novel animated so faithfully. The visuals were amazing and everything I loved about the book was in here. Moe Yuki, plenty of Kyon/Yuki ship teasing, and seeing Ryouko animated again were a pleasure.

I gotta give this movie a perfect 10 if only because I have no complaints about it what so ever. I suppose Kyon's big inner conflict would have fit better right before he pushed that enter key, but placing it in the climax worked just fine.

Do we have an actual release date for Bandai's R1 DVD release?
Old 2011-02-08, 16:17   Link #644
Heiwatsuki

Quote:
about the side char's. this actually bothered me alot. everyone exccept haruhi and kyon is flat like paper. as someone once said - "what do we actually know about Ashina, other than she is from the future and has big boobs?"
they are there just to fill space, they are plot devices. and if i feel this then the author isn't as good...
the dissappearance movie seemed like a one man show for me. we get like 10 min of screentime with the chars from the original universe, besides kyon. the doplegangers are ppl who we don't know, so we can't really feel for them, at least alot less than we did for the original space-fillers. its both annoying and well, not. i would have liked more interaction with the sos bunch just for the heck of something familiar. but it was an introspective movie for kyon, we get to see at last some real feelings of his, not just the sarcasm on the surface. although in more than 2 hours they could have fitted in a little more character development than one tiny realization that kyon liked the crazy ass adventures with haruhi.
...mmm. just felt like getting that out there...
oi oi oi, lol, you people are seriously taking things a bit seriously, accepting and enjoying is da way to go :P. but i understand why you say that.
----------------------------------

Quote:
The reason that we humans don't intuitively grasp quantum physics the way that we intuitively grasp Newtonian physics is that quantum physics is pretty much irrelevant to anybody in a pre-industrial society. In other words, there is no significant survival advantage to understanding how subatomic particles function if you have no technology for observing or controlling them--most importantly because we have no sensory organs capable of even detecting most quantum effects because they are too small or too low-energy or too fast to trigger our neurons--even quantum effects involving visible-light photons are just barely detectable at all to the human eye (e.g. a rod cell in the retina will respond to a single photon, producing a barely-noticeable flicker in otherwise total darkness).

Consider a human in a hunter-gatherer society or an agrarian society (as just about everyone was until recently, evolutionarily speaking). Understanding quantum tunneling will not bring any material benefit to such a person. However, understanding ballistics, such as the motion of a thrown stone or spear or an arrow (Newtonian physics) has much more obvious value--knowing where an airborne object will hit is important for hunting, combat, or just getting out of the way of something falling on your head.

Thus, our brains are not set up to process quantum effects because we had no need to do so until we started experimenting with electricity and the like.
I wonder when I will be able to properly comprehend the laws of science -.-. Its all Blah Blah Blah to me. Though I take the initiative to try to understand, I fail to grasp the true meaning and reason of these laws and ect
Old 2011-02-09, 21:10   Link #645
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Any news on when the DVD/Blu Ray will be released in the US? I've been putting off watching the movie till then but my patience is reaching its limits.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:45   Link #646
klare

just finished this, overall a very good movie, its animation is one of the best

the part with Kyon going thru the events alone is a bit boring but still ok, i guess Kyon performs better when together with Haruhi

Haruhi is still the same even she is in another school, totally dragging people around her, i like the part she gets back into the club room

and the treasure of this movie to me is of course the normal human Yuki that we have not seen before
Old 2011-02-20, 07:12   Link #647
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

So I just watched it right through...

Wow.

Applause.

The first half hour was a bit stretched out though, but everything else after that was excellent. Interesting portrayal of Kyon's monologue through his head in the novel, but it was a pleasant surprise.

And at least, there should be another season or movie of Haruhi left~
Old 2011-02-20, 10:28   Link #648
Rag

My favorite scene was when Kyon said "Yuki".

But overall great movie, especially after the tragedy that is Endless 8.
Old 2011-03-02, 22:58   Link #649
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post

THIS.

i feel bad for yuki..DX
Old 2011-03-03, 22:27   Link #650
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post

That scene is indeed beautiful, especially after he says "Yuki" and it starts to snow. It was just awesome.
Old 2011-03-04, 09:51   Link #651
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

It's actually the snowing that prompts him to say "Yuki," not the other way around.
Old 2011-03-06, 03:21   Link #652
Seitsuki
Onee!

Our Lord has not forsaken us. To those who doubted, believe again. To Her unwavering steadfast believers, rejoice! For the bringer of life, our Goddess, has Returned!

This reminded me once more why Haruhi truly got me hooked into anime and why She will always be the one of peerlessness. All hail the Empress and her glory!
Old 2011-03-06, 23:55   Link #653
nemein

I just finished watching the BD release, and I had to come in here to say... WOW. I haven't been so impressed by an anime in years (pretty much stopped watching anything after S2 Suzumiya Haruhi). It was a wave of nonstalgia mixed with renewed faith in the series. In a time when anime has stopped being interesting to me.

I might just start buying the translated light novels... And hope they continue to adapt the series into good quality animation.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:23   Link #654
Crontica

Finally learnt that Kyon is Doctor Who. Doctor Who uses the alias John Smith and prevents Alice from finding out his identity.
Old 2011-03-08, 15:26   Link #655
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

I believe that the series really looked into the life of Yuki. This really touched me on an emotional state. Her story was truly woeful. Imagine living through that but wanting to hold these emotions that normal humans use. Makes me think about if we ever took our emotions for granted. Imagine if you yourself was emotionless, how would life be like if you lived the way Yuki did. Overall, this was my favorite light novel in the series, as well as it being one of my personal favorite movies.
Old 2011-03-08, 17:29   Link #656
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
Makes me think about if we ever took our emotions for granted. Imagine if you yourself was emotionless, how would life be like if you lived the way Yuki did..
Not to be "that guy," but if someone truly didn't have emotions, they shouldn't care one bit. They wouldn't be happy or sad about it because those concepts wouldn't exist for them.
Old 2011-03-08, 18:38   Link #657
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

But if you had no emotions, but was around people that did all the time, wouldn't that kinda rub off on you?
Old 2011-03-08, 21:32   Link #658
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
But if you had no emotions, but was around people that did all the time, wouldn't that kinda rub off on you?
One of the designer/drafters at my company is deaf. He spends all his time around people who can hear. It has not rubbed off on him.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:46   Link #659
ijuinkun

He may not be depressed over his deafness, but I do not doubt that he has wanted to experience the things that people around him have.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:22   Link #660
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
He may not be depressed over his deafness, but I do not doubt that he has wanted to experience the things that people around him have.
Because deaf people still feel emotion. You're jumping onto the analogy and forgetting the original point.

Tags
best movie ever, haruhi suzumiya