AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 12:11   Link #6601
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hit 85 a couple of nights ago.

Already in almost all 346+ ilvl gear. Nothing for me to spend Justice Points on already...

Guild killed Defense System last night and Halfus Wymbreaker tonight. Defense System kill was world 12th.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:29   Link #6602
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Hit 85 a couple of nights ago.

Already in almost all 346+ ilvl gear. Nothing for me to spend Justice Points on already...

Guild killed Defense System last night and Halfus Wymbreaker tonight. Defense System kill was world 12th.
yea and then it will be world 1023510th, I don't see why people care so much to get firsts (not you, the people who rush to 85 just to get that little achivement thats worthless)
Old 2010-12-10, 13:05   Link #6603
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
yea and then it will be world 1023510th, I don't see why people care so much to get firsts (not you, the people who rush to 85 just to get that little achivement thats worthless)
Because feats of strength are important than enjoying the game obivously .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 13:09   Link #6604
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Because feats of strength are important than enjoying the game obivously .
Guess I'm not enjoying it enough

Well aslong as the other people don't call me a scrub for not having it, people won't have too diee
Old 2010-12-10, 13:14   Link #6605
Xacual

Getting guild achievements and downing new bosses -is- fun for the people that do it. I used to be in that boat where rushing to level cap and getting into the new raids was all that mattered and it was really fun to see the new bosses go down.

Now I've been playing too long so I only hit 85 last night which I admit is still kind of fast but I played really casually compared to how I used to. If it had been 3 years ago I would have been one of the 85 the first day crew :x

Fun bug / exploit I've found at the moment for my warrior. Deadly Calm makes all your abilities cost no rage and says it cannot be used during Inner Rage. Inner Rage is used at 75 or more rage and it gives you a 15% damage boost for 50% greater rage cost on abilities. You can use Deadly Calm then Inner Rage(but not the reverse) and basically have a 10 second interval of 15% boost and full rage to burn through after deadly calm goes away. It's quite nice.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 14:10   Link #6606
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I notticed that too lol , now sshhhhhh
Old 2010-12-10, 16:33   Link #6607
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just reached level 84 and halfway to 85 but I must say, Twilight Highlands is a very interesting place. Especially with that Ring of Blood-like quest chain (good xp also) of course there are no rewards till the final round which is sorta bad (especially when you face the boss from Gilneas... ) But the health and difficulty of the bosses are actually quite nice, when you reach a higher gear and level 85, you still can't just easily solo it. Nice work there Blizzard.

The visions by Iso'Rath were amazing (I like the quest where you get to watch as the Earthen Ring gets shattered by Deathwing, while you are just standing there and Thrall calls you worthless... Wait that's not a good thing )

Spoiler for Iso'Rath:
Old 2010-12-10, 17:53   Link #6608
Xacual

Iso'rath is bugged for some people. I didn't have any issues with it, it took a minute or two to kill. Some are experiencing massive amount of evades stopping them from dealing any damage. I'm kind of surprised that we took out an old god for a normal quest instead of a raid.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-12-10, 17:58   Link #6609
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Iso'rath is just a servant of the Old Gods...not an actual Old God.
Old 2010-12-10, 21:41   Link #6610
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I loved doing Iso'rath. Me and 6 Horde were doing it and they decided to let me live. On the last part, I was the only one that had the NPCs spawn, so the NPCs smashed all 6 of them in 20 seconds. XD Then when they got back they realised they couldn't kill me or no one would get this done, so they participated. And gryphon comes to pluck me out before they can get me once it's done.

My guild is going hard because they're a legit chance for server firsts Feat of Strengths. They really want server first Heroic Sinestra, so they need to push hard for it.

I also pushed because I'm on a high population PvP server and I needed to beat the curve. Real problems arose 5 minutes in when Hyjal had 100 Horde each at the first 2 quest nodes...I pulled a mate and some other guildies in and we just spammed normal instances all the way to 83. We just couldn't do it any other way. Once I Hit 83 I went to Uldum to full clear, then at 84 to Twilight Highlands to full clear. That 9.15 million xp for the last level hurts. But the irony is...I did that final level way faster than I did 70-71 at the start of WOTLK. And most people had the same thing happen. Amazing.

Heroics are not easy but most guildies are doing it right.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-12-10 at 21:55.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 00:29   Link #6611
Xacual

really? I think 84-85 took me 5 or 6 hours compared to 3 hours from 70-71. I mined a bit in between on the 84-85 though.

9 million isn't that much xp though when quests give 55k and occasional ones giving 70k or 80k or the Crucible quests giving 100k each. It's pretty much 160 quests from 84-85 not counting mob kills which makes it even lower.

Old 2010-12-11, 01:21   Link #6612
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So I basically have to wait each day to get 70 Justice Points from regular dungeons till I have a high enough Gearscore for Heroics due to the fact that its 326, and I'm at 319 (trying to get exalted rep so I get a major boost in gearscore) so I'm mostly stuck doing dailies at this moment, but my guild is just slacking off, I'm basically the 3rd 85 of the guild so far (only 4 at this moment) so were really progressing slowly. But does anyone have a raid list? Or what raid to do in order before moving into another due to what gear you might need for that one?
Old 2010-12-11, 13:13   Link #6613
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Next time I'm on I will have to sift through the collection of gear I got in Deepholm to upgrade the remainder of my gear (I didn't actually change my gear while in Deepholm from what I had on before...mostly Hyjal/Vashjir items, two pieces of some crafted gear, and some ilvl 264 gear (belt, trinkets) and my exalted level Ashen Band.

Heading to Uldam next even though I've about 30% done with level 84 and will hit 85 without even having gone to the Twilight Highlands...I'm finishing each zone (save dailies) as I go along for Loremaster.
Old 2010-12-11, 22:02   Link #6614
Cellatore
Super Lurker

For any of you that play minecraft, I found this amazing thread of somebody building storm wind harbor.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=35&t=68621
Cellatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 23:41   Link #6615
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So managed to hit 82 today on my paladin and get my pony girdle yay Bank/Mail Box/Vendor anywhere once every two hours and my druid from 20 to 25 27 and some of the quest in darkshore were nice, like the Malfurion Stormrage quest chain; it had some nice story and lore to it.

Also Blizzards new item level requirement for dungeons for people with dual specs seems to confuse has it the ilevel requirement don't seem to be based off what I am wearing? Anyone care to example how the new system for it works if they know?
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-12-12 at 03:00.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 02:28   Link #6616
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question guys, I've just completed Vashj'ir, is it worth my while to go back to Hyjal? In terms of lore and story would I be missing out alot? Or should I just move on to Deepholm/Uldum?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 03:38   Link #6617
Xacual

If you go to hyjal now, you'll reach 83 there and hit revered Guardians of Hyjal rep, which will let you buy 83 gear which you'll now be able to use.

Old 2010-12-12, 11:33   Link #6618
GDB

Move on to Deepholm. The gear you get there is so vastly superior to anything and everything you get in Hyjal/Vash'jir it's funny. Hyjal/Vash'jir has the stuff that's around the same as ICC gear, just itemized worse. Deepholm has the stuff far, far superior, such as a 2h axe with 1600+ top end damage. Once you're 85 you can go back to Hyjal for the rep.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 14:08   Link #6619
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Worked my way throught Vashjir, Hyjal and Deepholm. Now into Uldum and about 60% to 85. I also got killed by Deathwing in Uldam. Was working on one of the Harrison Jones quests when the sky turned red...the ground became like fire, then I died. I did not see or hear Deathwing.

EDIT: Saw Deathwing again in Uldam. This time I managed to get airborne, see him, and followed him for a minute. Finished Uldam and hit level 85 (and used my saved 4000 Justice Points for heroic level robe and belt..the belt so I can Nitro Boost tinker it and not have to do worry about it until epic stuff starts coming it), then headed out to the Twilight Highlands. Stopped early there, will do more later.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2010-12-13 at 05:37.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 08:14   Link #6620
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well my Worgen warrior is now lvl60... yay outlands..........................................

Any suggestions of making outlands a quick trip and get to 68 real quick?

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows