Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 17:08   Link #6701
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But how do you get more blue than blue?
By gemming green in yellow sockets ... which is kinda painful, because orange are better. This change simply frustrates me, i have a feeling the only reason they did that was to justify the existence of green gems.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:15   Link #6702
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
By gemming green in yellow sockets ...
But if you had 2 blue and 3 green, you'd still have 5 total blue. It'd be impossible to have more blue than blue, because blue = blue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 17:16   Link #6703
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No, no, read it carefully. "More blue gems than blue gems".

How can you have more of something of the same thing? You can only have equal blue gems to blue gems.
Old 2010-12-19, 20:34   Link #6704
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Seesh, who the heck is gonna think of that off the top of their head? they should say something more clearer "Two blue gems from yellow and green" or something
Old 2010-12-19, 21:30   Link #6705
Xacual

The tooltip is just messed up right now. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened for items.

Finally done all the heroics now, I'm going to maintain that Deadmines is probably my favorite though I also liked Shadowfang Keep and Tol'vir City.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:55   Link #6706
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My order of heroic like:

Vortex Pinnacle
Tol'vir
Throne of the Tides
Blackrock Caverns
Halls of Origination
Deadmines
Grim Batol
Shadowfang Keep
Stonecore
Old 2010-12-20, 02:03   Link #6707
GDB

So Stonecore is the worst? My guild just got 5 people to heroic level (I had to grind out some blacksmithing stuff and throw some herbs so someone could make an Alchemist's Stone in order to achieve it), and our first Heroic was Stonecore.

Our group is Blood DK, Holy Paladin, Frost DK, Unholy DK, and Fury Warrior. Lack of CC made those first two pulls REALLY FREAKING HARD. Took a few tries, but we killed the worm once we figured out how to not get hit with those crystals. Then we got to the Dragon. It graped our face. About 6 times. Our tank was taking 43k from the breath and 15k from the claw, and it'd do that right after landing every time, simultaneously. We got him down to 28% on one try, but that's the best we could do with the gear and experience we have at the moment.

LUCKILY, this opened people's eyes to how hard Heroics are (as we've all heard, but not experienced), so now they're up for grinding instances a bit to get more gear. Grim Batol and Halls of Origination, here we come again!
Old 2010-12-20, 02:27   Link #6708
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I found Stonecore to not be that big of a hassle once you get used to it. I can make a list of 4 of the worst Heroics that I would not advise going to due to many reasons...

Halls of Origination -
First Boss - 10 seconds to pull a lever, constant AoE stacking on you, vipers going to kill you fast without a healer (as dps) and having to get back and dispell Divine Reckoning before he heals him for 8-12% which makes it almost impossible for you to dps him quick enough. The mechanics took us about 8 wipes to finally get it.
Set - Lord Jaraxxus Heroic anyone? Just kill the portal, avoid getting killed by those green bubbles, and you got it. But the tank has to keep constant aggro on the machines that spawn from the portal, and deal with the boss.. Well I think all he does it shoot bolts at random party members.
Isiset - Well... Not that hard of a boss in Heroic Mode... My group just found a sequence to kill her three clones to reduce pain on us.

Those are the only three bosses that I found quite a hassle.

Grim Batol -
Third Boss - Nothing really different from him. Just a little more painful...
Last Boss - Instead of one add, there are now two, and when they get to an egg and start corrupting it, not only does it heal the boss. But it spawns 5 whelps that will constantly bombard your group for 7k a pop... Quite painful...

Only the last boss was the most painful for my group.

Vortex Pinnacle -
First Boss - AoE Healing intense here. I finally realized that there is really no point in moving out when he recalls his cyclones to do damage on us besides the annoying debuff that might get on you by chance.
Second Boss - Cyclones... Wind Direction... Random Breath direction... Painful...

Only two bosses that were hurtful.

Lost City of Tol'Vir -
Third Boss - The only hard boss in here pretty much (besides the first boss with his constant bomb spamming) phoenix in first phase that will hurt hard... There is also the very tense dps race in the shadow realm where I think you get hit for like 8k a pop in there..

Only boss that was stressful for our healer, other then that everything else is somewhat easy for us.
Old 2010-12-20, 02:51   Link #6709
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of amazing to follow some of the pages of discussion. Somehow left the game for a few years and thanks to a friend just jumping back into things. Of course going to take a very long time to get into the higher stuff since I'm rolling a new character for it.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:43   Link #6710
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I'm currently at ilvl 334, averaging 131k unbuffed with 10-11-39 Dodge-Parry-Block (Warrior), but I still don't feel like going into Heroics until I've learned every dungeon inside and out. Right now, if we wipe in normals, it's at least never because of me because I know the fights. In Heroics, well, not so much...

Considering I only pug due to our very small guild, that might be a good idea... Or I just stick to dungeons when I don't PvP. Or leave the guild to find a bigger one after New Year. Choices, choices. Anyone play on Stormrage-EU that wants a good tank?

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 06:23   Link #6711
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Halls of Origination -
First Boss - 10 seconds to pull a lever, constant AoE stacking on you, vipers going to kill you fast without a healer (as dps) and having to get back and dispell Divine Reckoning before he heals him for 8-12% which makes it almost impossible for you to dps him quick enough. The mechanics took us about 8 wipes to finally get it.
I loathe HoO, especially in a pug (thankfully i don't have to pug often), but this guy is easy - all jump down on one (left) side, tank picks up the snakes and starts heading towards the stairs, one guy stays behind and pulls the lever. Tank reaches other side, picks up the snake pack there, and heads up the stairs back to the boss. Another person pulls the second lever. AOE the snakes on fly, as much as your tank aggro on them permits them, finish them off back at the boss. By the time tank has made it back to the boss, second lever will be down and he can interrupt it. Easy. Never understood why people insist on jumping down on both sides at once, it just creates a mess of things, and any 'time gains' are but an illusion given the mess and healing stress that will create, as opposed to the tank picking up both groups of snakes.

Overall though, things are getting notably easier with gear - in a guildie group we are back to not using CC and just blasting through stuff, and our healer (priest, most of the time) is back to not needing to drink much, if at all, between pulls, unless we ninjapull 2 packs. We still use CC where it makes life notably easier/required (healer mobs in Vortex Pinacle, the occasional caster, i might throw a banish here and there), but regular packs aren't much of a threat anymore.
Old 2010-12-20, 14:50   Link #6712
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
By gemming green in yellow sockets ... which is kinda painful, because orange are better. This change simply frustrates me, i have a feeling the only reason they did that was to justify the existence of green gems.
Green gems exist for tanks to put stamina/mastery in their yellow slots and nothing else .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
My order of heroic like:

Vortex Pinnacle
Tol'vir
Throne of the Tides
Blackrock Caverns
Halls of Origination
Deadmines
Grim Batol
Shadowfang Keep
Stonecore
So far I haven't done nearly all of the HCs yet but of ones I have I'd say

Vortex Pinnacle <- easiest
Blackrock Caverns
Throne of the Tides
Tol'vir
Halls of Origination
Deadmines <- worst

Seriously screw Deadmines HC I hate that dam instance with a passion already especially if I am healing it and not on DPS, aside from the final boss, which is fun, I loathe it.

And for Vortex Pinnacle we did something kind of fun on few of the pulls, our priest healer would MC the healer mob and dam was it strong she was able to heal for 200k with some move from the mob .

Haven't done yet:
Grim Batol
Shadowfang Keep
Stonecore, though I did this one on normal before thought it was easy.

Also I've learned queue for random HC is terrible despite queue with tank + heals generally, and ugh on Throne of the Tides me and my tank friend got stuck with 2 DKs and a warlock, almost 0 CC = pure fail, we left before even getting to the boss .

On a different note I full quested out Vash'jr, Ulduum, and Twilight Highlands now which provided me with enough stuff to get my enchanting up to 508 now, and I got my herbalism to 525 thanks to spending an hour or so gathering Tol Barad seriously I barely saw anyone else getting herbs there, so I ended up with 100 Cinderblooms, 80 Azshara's Veils, and 30 Whiptails which netted me a good bit of gold. I guess people don't like it since you can't fly there . And the enchant weapon Heartsong is really nice for healers.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-12-20 at 15:13.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 15:51   Link #6713
Xacual

I think Stonecore now that I've done is actually pretty easy, it just requires people paying attention to the spell effects and boss emotes.

The 3 phase boss in Throne of the Tides was fun. My whole group died around about halfway through the last phase and I had to solo the boss the rest of the way, warrior tank. I was surviving off BloodCraze procs which were ticking for 100k and victory rushes which were healing me for 900k. It was pretty amusing. Though I think the victory rush for that might be a little bugged since it's only supposed to heal you for 26% of your life and it was healing me for about 80%.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-12-20, 17:00   Link #6714
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Haven't done yet:
Stonecore, though I did this one on normal before thought it was easy.
Normal Stonecore is really easy. Only time anyone's died while I was healing was stupidity (either on the mobs or the players). Example: Tank running into the group of 99 Acolytes and dropping a Death and Decay. He got plastered against the wall before I could even start healing.

Hard Mode... the Earthshapers are dicks. Seriously. You have to interrupt or kill them before they transform or you'll likely to have massive casualties. Can't say "wipe", because we actually only lost the three dps the first time it happened.

Quote:
And the enchant weapon Heartsong is really nice for healers.
I can't decide if I like it or not. Math shows it should have about a 50% uptime, which is nice, and equates out to about 100 spirit. On the other hand, there's the Wrath spirit enchant which is 45 spirit and constant, so no relying on RNG. Also, there's the Spellpower or Int enchants from Wrath too. I think there's an Int Proc one in Cata too, but an Int proc wouldn't really be that great comparatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think Stonecore now that I've done is actually pretty easy, it just requires people paying attention to the spell effects and boss emotes.
Yeah, this was the biggest thing on the Dragon. People were tired and not paying attention, so despite me saying "Watch the ground, don't stand where the lava's about to form", they still stood in it. No one should take any damage (other than the tank) except 1 or 2 shards from the Crystal Storm.
Old 2010-12-20, 17:29   Link #6715
Qikz

Been guild grouping most of the heroics so far, we're all competant players, but man some of them are hard. Mana as a druid is really hard to deal with right now in my gear. x.x (Resto)
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 04:19   Link #6716
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Been guild grouping most of the heroics so far, we're all competant players, but man some of them are hard. Mana as a druid is really hard to deal with right now in my gear. x.x (Resto)
I am pretty healing starts off as rough for all the heals in Heroics , as I did some more HCs today definitely a bit better with some more gear and experience on the fights. Also luck was on my healer side today as I got the HC healer mace from Blackrock plus HC healer trinket from Throne of Tides and Hall of Origination . Which now leaves my only healer items under i333 as relic and cloak [need to get Hyjal rep up still.].

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Normal Stonecore is really easy. Only time anyone's died while I was healing was stupidity (either on the mobs or the players). Example: Tank running into the group of 99 Acolytes and dropping a Death and Decay. He got plastered against the wall before I could even start healing.

Hard Mode... the Earthshapers are dicks. Seriously. You have to interrupt or kill them before they transform or you'll likely to have massive casualties. Can't say "wipe", because we actually only lost the three dps the first time it happened.
Hmm, sounds like a pain wonder how long til "random" decides to do it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I can't decide if I like it or not. Math shows it should have about a 50% uptime, which is nice, and equates out to about 100 spirit. On the other hand, there's the Wrath spirit enchant which is 45 spirit and constant, so no relying on RNG. Also, there's the Spellpower or Int enchants from Wrath too. I think there's an Int Proc one in Cata too, but an Int proc wouldn't really be that great comparatively.
I'd prefer proc for more spirit since I cast plenty to proc it a lot normally, and int enchantment is 30 as it's a BC enchantment and SP doesn't give mana so I find 63 of it kinda of meh . Also since I belief you were a holy paladin too, what secondary stat to do prefer in gear/reforge to? Currently I've been favoring Spirit > Haste = Mastery > Crit, since Crit effects the chance less than int does it seems and is only really useful when it happens on holy shock. And on the beacon of light thing you mentioned before, I thought about doing it, but I generally have beacon on the tank and thus like heals to splash on to them and my current major glyphs prevent me from trying it since I use lay on hands, CD -3 min, Divinity, restores 10% max mana on lay on hands, and divine plea, restores 5% extra mana during plea. And generally I am still oom more commonly than I would like despite might, over 2k spirit and heartsong/above trinkets, so those glyphs are rather useful. And Primal I use Seal of Insight, Holy Shock, and Word of Glory.

P.S. Asking this for my warrior friend is there really no blue ranged with str for warriors aside from this freaking world drop BoE? Since apparently thundercall isn't in the game yet? So did blizzard really only put one str ranged in all of cata for warriors? /facepalm
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 05:32   Link #6717
Xacual

There's a green quest reward from twilight highlands that is 318 that I'm using right now. It's mentioned on the page of that 82 blue.

Old 2010-12-21, 05:43   Link #6718
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Got Archeology, Mining, and Engineering up to 525. Slacking on Fishing, First Aid, and Cooking (all in the 450-480 range now). One point short of heroics, but then again our guild hasn't run all the normals yet.

We were going to try to do ICC10 as a guild group...then just to do it to carry a 80 or two using 85s so they could get achievements and some gear so they won't get crushed in Vash'jir with their Wrath greens and heroics gear. Instead we ran Stonecore then some Wrath heroics with out few 80s that don't have Cata yet for the guild achievements.

Need to see how that is since my hunter and death knight are mostly in Wrath greens and blues with limited heroics or Pre-Cata event 251 pieces. Or in the DK's case, lots of epic PVP gear (I dumped my Wintergrasp honor rewards on him from my warlock since it was about the only way to gear him without gold aid (or time) since he was the Horde alt to the Alliance main).

Still trying to figure out where to get cogwheel plans for later and where the camel vendor is...since I've not found one in Uldam yet. I suspect the Salla look alike that has you capture camels, but I guess that doesn't even unlock until you are exalted with Ramkahen.
Old 2010-12-21, 06:19   Link #6719
Xacual

You can't get cogwheel schematics, you have to buy them in twilight highlands from the engineering vendor there. Each type costs certain type of mats, like crit is 4 obsidium bolts, expertise I think is a fishing tackle box, etc.

Old 2010-12-21, 07:42   Link #6720
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Still trying to figure out where to get cogwheel plans for later and where the camel vendor is...since I've not found one in Uldam yet. I suspect the Salla look alike that has you capture camels, but I guess that doesn't even unlock until you are exalted with Ramkahen.
The camel vendor is the quartermaster. For whatever reason you can't see the mounts in his inventory until you're exalted.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows