AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-06, 02:15   Link #661
Westlo
Lets be reality

That was a great ep with an amazing fight scene, looking forward to the continuation of the story in the next episode.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 14:23   Link #662
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Ep. 13 is in subs.

Spoiler for end of fight:

And, for those people who complained about the animation quality in the past few episodes, this one again shows that I.G. knows how to manage a budget, spending their money on the episodes where it matters the most.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 22:53   Link #663
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 13

Hell of an episode, with a great fight scene (but they all have been), but I was a little disappointed with, as others have pointed out, the DEM where the warrior just forgot about Balsa, and I thought it was a bit of a cop-out that they didn't show Balsa learning that she hadn't killed him. Still, those are only minor complaints. I love how well this anime is being presented though. And the atmosphere is so incredibly well done. Looking forward to the next ep, certainly.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 07:37   Link #664
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I got my hands on a promotional booklet that Production I.G was sending out to various anime licensors around the world that has the complete synopsis of this story up to the end.

Of course, I did not read it beyond the latest episode, so as not to spoil anything, but I thought you might like to know what the "official" name transliterations and specific term translations are.

Spoiler for Names:

There are also A LOT of new names and terms coming into the picture soon, but I am not sure if you'd like to know their spellings, since they are rather spoilery. In fact, even the spoiler-free synopsis refers to many things that are supposed to be important and that we, in this thread, never even considered or paid much attention to.

Though, as usual, someone in the PR department was suffering from an acute case of schizophrenia, so another booklet that gives some info on creators and the original books lists "Barusa", "Chagum", "Jigro", "Kanbaru". You decide which is correct.

By the way, Tanda is 2 years younger than Barsa. And Shuga is just 20 years old. And Torogai likes to drink a lot. 8)))
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 08:30   Link #665
wao
OK.

I watched episode 14, and damn... I need Wrex's episode summary thing soon, I didn't catch more than half of what was being said and I don't want to watch it all over again.

So I guess that booklet thing (which I am so jealous you have, obviously) was sent to licensors outside of the US as well (since that's already given to Geneon)... Please bring it to Singapore, dammit (WITH good subtitles, and in DVD format at the very least)
Old 2007-07-07, 13:03   Link #666
kujoe
from head to heel

Something I've read from wikipedia caught my attention.

Spoiler for general plot structure of the novels:

Needless to say, that's quite interesting. I suppose the anime series will only deal with its current intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
By the way, Tanda is 2 years younger than Barsa. And Shuga is just 20 years old. And Torogai likes to drink a lot. 8)))
I think the ages of a few characters were included in some Newtype article or in one of those anime/manga magazines some time ago. I do remember coming across Tanda and Balsa's age. Balsa is 30; Tanda is 28. (Another reason why Balsa's "oneesan" status is so fitting in this case. ) But do you happen to know what Chagum's age is? He seems older now than when he was first introduced at the palace, which seems to be intentional. 12 years old maybe?

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-07-07 at 16:03.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 13:24   Link #667
Jiji
*Scanlator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Something I've read from wikipedia caught my attention.

Spoiler for general plot structure of the novels:
That's veeeery interesting to me... I've only been paying occasional attention to this thread, but I wonder if there are any thoughts about
Spoiler for plot:

Although it's all dependent on the current series being *profitable* enough (as with anything).
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 13:39   Link #668
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
That's veeeery interesting to me... I've only been paying occasional attention to this thread, but I wonder if there are any thoughts about
Spoiler for plot:
My mistake.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-07, 15:45   Link #669
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Chagum is 11 years old.

As for the story...
Spoiler for possible spoilers, but nothing major:
Old 2007-07-07, 16:16   Link #670
kujoe
from head to heel

So...

Spoiler for discussion above:
Old 2007-07-07, 16:22   Link #671
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Seems like it.

Since this is a satellite PPV show, there are no ratings for it, but I wonder what is the fans' reaction to Seirei no Moribito? It's one thing to make countless GITS incarnations, because that's basically a no-brainer, but SnM is different.

Perhaps wao can enlighten us? What does 2ch say?
Old 2007-07-07, 17:37   Link #672
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Watched episode 14 as well. The animation aspect was rather minimal and I was slightly annoyed in several scenes by the weirdness of the genga, but otherwise it was another fine episode that sort of moved the main story.

Spoiler for episode 14:

I thought it was alright, though certainly not mind-blowing. Torogai's adventure was pretty wacky. And it was nice to see Shuga once again. Although the next episode preview spoils the dramatic moments at the end of episode 14 a bit, I am still interested in where this story is moving right now.
Old 2007-07-07, 23:09   Link #673
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Seems like it.

Since this is a satellite PPV show, there are no ratings for it, but I wonder what is the fans' reaction to Seirei no Moribito? It's one thing to make countless GITS incarnations, because that's basically a no-brainer, but SnM is different.

Perhaps wao can enlighten us? What does 2ch say?
Spoiler for blah blah 2ch blah:

Also, for anyone who's read the novels, is it true that this episode is an anime original episode? I read it briefly somewhere but I have no idea whether it was or not. All that I can say is that I didn't think it did much for me, animation or story-wise.
Old 2007-07-07, 23:19   Link #674
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
So...

Spoiler for discussion above:
I think the anime will only cover the first novel. They're really stretching things out (fillers). I've only finished the first novel (waiting for the others to come out in paperback), but I believe the second novel's theme is completely different from Seirei (Barsa goes back to homelands to clear her foster father's name).

And Ep. 14 summary and pics
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 05:01   Link #675
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Hello.. in light of the Animesuki banner contest.. I'm trying to find a good pic for this series .. Do anyone have any high resolution picture to donate? I have the animage picture posted here.. and the OST pictures as well.

Failing that.. Can anyone provide me with a better screen shot for these? Its from the 1st episode .. scavenged from wrex blog above .. A HD raw screenshot should at least suffice to make a banner >_<

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 09:27   Link #676
karumofin

wow, thats pretty exciting, knowing there is sitll so much story left to be told...
if the series is a success we'll be provided with excellent stuff for years to come!
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 10:54   Link #677
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

I've been following the 2ch dialogues on SnM somewhat regularly, and there is actually a fair amount of criticism/jibing going on, enough that there is now an anti-SnM thread and an anti-anti-SnM thread (well, maybe this is the norm in 2ch, I don't know). A select group has taken offense at how SnM seems to be about Korea with the New Yogo Empire situated on a peninsula, Chagum's name, etc., and is spamming threads. All that aside, sentiments like "the DVDs are too expensive to generate good sales" and "only this many posts n hrs/days after the episode aired?" have been popping up fairly regularly. I also vaguely remember a post saying SnM DVD vol.1 sold far less copies than Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny but somewhat more than Kanon, which isn't saying much. I'd love to see the rest of the series animated, but...

Oh, and the strange thing about Production IG (English site) saying that the anime is an adaptation of the first two novels is that Uehashi Naoko herself denies that here (ctrl-F her name). It's a fan site she actually frequents, so I'm inclined to believe that it's actually her. Also, on the official JP anime site, if you click on the "Staff" link, only the first novel's title's mentioned as being the original story. The anime does include elements from some of the other novels in the Moribito universe, but perhaps Production IG (USA) just messed up.

Last edited by runpsicat; 2007-07-08 at 11:22.
runpsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 11:07   Link #678
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat View Post
I also vaguely remember a post saying SnM DVD vol.1 sold far less copies than Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny but somewhat more than Kanon, which isn't saying much. I'd love to see the rest of the series animated, but...
Whether there will be more of the series animated is likely to be determined by the overseas sales of the DVDs - I'm looking at the R1 release. Seirei no Moribito feels like more of a show geared towards the R1 market rather than the R2J market. If there's strong sales of the R1 DVD release, there's definitely a good chance of the rest of the series being animated.

Can most of us here enjoying the show now buy the R1 DVDs when they are released to show the support? It's deeds like buying the official DVDs and not words like asking/begging for a continuing series that will increase the chances of the rest of the series being animated. In other words, put up your money people. No ifs and buts.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 14:00   Link #679
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat View Post
I've been following the 2ch dialogues on SnM somewhat regularly, and there is actually a fair amount of criticism/jibing going on, enough that there is now an anti-SnM thread and an anti-anti-SnM thread (well, maybe this is the norm in 2ch, I don't know). A select group has taken offense at how SnM seems to be about Korea with the New Yogo Empire situated on a peninsula, Chagum's name, etc., and is spamming threads.
Guess I'm not the only one who thought that New Yogo and a few characters sound somewhat Korean, at least in name. It's unfortunate that negative sentiment of this sort is going around just because of this, but it's 2ch, so I'm not that surprised if such a thread exists. Great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh
Can most of us here enjoying the show now buy the R1 DVDs when they are released to show the support? It's deeds like buying the official DVDs and not words like asking/begging for a continuing series that will increase the chances of the rest of the series being animated. In other words, put up your money people. No ifs and buts.
I would be more than happy to, but I have a feeling my wallet probably isn't going to be as happy at this prospect. Seriously though, this series is already a must buy for me.

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-07-08 at 14:11.
Old 2007-07-08, 21:03   Link #680
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finally saw Ep 1 : D

I loved the feel of this anime I love fantasy based samurai genres. Balsa reminds me of Saya from Blood the Last Vampire Animation is really nice, the payer flags fluttering with the wind and the view revolving were a nice touch. I have to say this again the opening sequence and following animation blew me away the paddy fields the rough lining of land all have been done to perfection Only one other anime rivals this anime in top notch art and that is Claymore

The story is weaved nicely together even minor characters have been well bought out. Plot is really good and the characterization is very realistic. Balsa sure has some cool skills after I read Claymore I played Diablo again with this one I may play once again in Amazon mode

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.