AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-06, 22:39   Link #661
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I honestly doubt there'll be a bloodbath (at least of named characters), since few of the characters seem easily disposable to me. I mean, most of the characters either serve an useful narrative role, and/or have recently been built up a lot and it would seem a bit of a waste for them to die now.

Calm, Inko, and Nina haven't had a lot of focus lately. And neither seems to serve a core role in the narrative at this time. I think there's a decent chance one or two of them dies. I doubt any other named character dies. Well, Marito and Inaho's sister would be the next two most likely to die on my list, but I think there's a fair bit of potential left for both of them (mainly in developing their relationships with other characters).

Saazbaum dying would be pretty ballsy, and would leave a strong impression, but I really have my doubts this show could afford to lose him. He's by far the best antagonist this show has right now, and I don't think he's easily replaceable.
Oh, I forgot, all of those named characters that got bios but yet haven't done anything? They're probably going to bite the dust too.

Those two students Kisaki and Yutaro, and that guy Shigo that pilots the ship.

Or are they too unimportant to be killed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Saazbaum only exists to let Slaine know Mars is wrong and Vers family sucks. Slaine will surely join the cause, not against Asseylum, but he understands the dire circumstances of Mars now. They can't continue like this.

I think Slaine's going to choose to return to Vers over reuniting with Asseylum and leave her stranded on Earth.
Well, I can't say that was Saazbaum's only function. Without him, we would have had no assassination attempt, no conflict, no plot, no story, so I think he does more than just letting Slaine know about how crappy Vers is.

In fact, I find it weird that Slaine doesn't know, considering how he himself has been treated, I think Vers' stupid way of governing should be obvious. I mean, he lived most of his life on Earth, so his tolerance for abuse wasn't bred into him. He knows this is wrong. I think that blurb about him not knowing about how crappy Vers' class system is, is incredibly plot convenient.

Anyway, I also don't really see why he would suddenly take out the standard for Vers. He's only lived there for 5 years, the only sunny spot in his day is the princess, and other than that, he's basically the rug that the rest of Versians wipe their feet on. Why exactly should he be the standard bearer for them?

Also, how is he going to get to Vers? Even if Saaz doesn't die, I doubt he will be returning to Vers anytime soon. And Slaine can't get back without a castle, and even if he tried, it takes 3 months to travel that far. And even if he does get back there, to Vers he is either a spy that should be executed, or a dirty Terran that should be spit upon. Not really the greatest environment to get support for a revolution. And even then, HOW exactly is he going to change things? The Martian people need food, water, and air. Even if the government is taken down, that's just going to leave the place in anarchy, with everyone fighting over what resources are left. Unless he's going to convince them all to move back to Earth, I can't really see how he can help them.

And Slaine has to reunite with the princess sometime. Saaz is going where she is and he's on the castle as it makes it's descent. He's going to run into her eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

Slaine.
Can't see it. Not yet. The kid's too good at heart to become the villain of this series. He's seen to be incredibly long-suffering and patient, so it would take a lot to break and turn him. I just can't see that happening in two episodes.

Also we need someone with power and resources that could go against the protagonists. Right now, Slaine doesn't have that either.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-06, 22:57   Link #662
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
In fact, I find it weird that Slaine doesn't know, considering how he himself has been treated, I think Vers' stupid way of governing should be obvious. I mean, he lived most of his life on Earth, so his tolerance for abuse wasn't bred into him. He knows this is wrong. I think that blurb about him not knowing about how crappy Vers' class system is, is incredibly plot convenient.

Anyway, I also don't really see why he would suddenly take out the standard for Vers. He's only lived there for 5 years, the only sunny spot in his day is the princess, and other than that, he's basically the rug that the rest of Versians wipe their feet on. Why exactly should he be the standard bearer for them?
But he was mistreated because he was from Earth, you know. He had no idea about the feudal system. He lived with Asseylum and then in Cruhteo's orbital castle to know this. His ignorance is so important that is in his ArchiveZ profile. I frankly doubt it was added there before this came up as a plot point out of random, it's because he's going to do something about it.

Quote:
Also, how is he going to get to Vers? Even if Saaz doesn't die, I doubt he will be returning to Vers anytime soon. And Slaine can't get back without a castle, and even if he tried, it takes 3 months to travel that far. And even if he does get back there, to Vers he is either a spy that should be executed, or a dirty Terran that should be spit upon. Not really the greatest environment to get support for a revolution. And even then, HOW exactly is he going to change things? The Martian people need food, water, and air. Even if the government is taken down, that's just going to leave the place in anarchy, with everyone fighting over what resources are left. Unless he's going to convince them all to move back to Earth, I can't really see how he can help them.
Plot device will happen somehow. He can stop by Moonbase.

Quote:
And Slaine has to reunite with the princess sometime. Saaz is going where she is and he's on the castle as it makes it's descent. He's going to run into her eventually.
He'll see her without she seeing him and leave.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-06, 23:09   Link #663
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Well, I can't say that was Saazbaum's only function. Without him, we would have had no assassination attempt, no conflict, no plot, no story, so I think he does more than just letting Slaine know about how crappy Vers is.

It could be the reason Slaine never saw how crappy the Vers system was was because he of the abuse he got for being a Terrian. Slaine seems to live in that castle in Cruehto and the Knights have for the most part been living in luxury while several of the citizens are living in poor conditions and we don't know how long he has been living in that castle so it's possible that at that point he started to paint the picture in his head that all martians must have nice conditions and turned a blind eye to the system. The only reason Saazbaum seems to have realized how messed up the system is was because he lost someone he loved to it. The other knights haven't which causes them to continue turning a blind eye to the system's flaws. Slaine most likely rationalized any bad treatment directed towards him as the result of him being a Terrian.

Also Slaine might know that abuse is wrong but he is in no position to fight back or even talk back to them.
Old 2014-09-06, 23:13   Link #664
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When you're the victim of severe and seemingly continuous discrimination, as Slaine was, it can be difficult to see pass that to more wide-spread problems throughout society as a whole. People will naturally care most about the problems that hit closest to home, so I can see Slaine not noticing the wider problems with the feudal system because he's so caught up in having to deal with the over-the-top bigotry against terrans.

So it's actually the anti-terran bigotry that sort of masks other problems within Martian society, at least from Slaine's perspective.
Old 2014-09-06, 23:17   Link #665
Thess

Quote:
So it's actually the anti-terran bigotry that sort of masks other problems within Martian society, at least from Slaine's perspective.
As long as they exist, peace is impossible. As long as they don't have resources, they can't even dream of it.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-06, 23:33   Link #666
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
As long as they exist, peace is impossible. As long as they don't have resources, they can't even dream of it.
Agreed.

It certainly seems like Rayregalia hasn't been a very good leader for his people. While Asseylum's heart appears to be in a much better place relative to her grandfather, I think the well has been so poisoned by this particular royal family that it's probably necessary to transition to a truly new government with little connection to the previous one.

Once the war has sorted itself out, perhaps Asseylum should officially step down from the throne, and take up a purely diplomatic role. That clearly seems to be where her passions lie, anyway. Moreso there than being a de facto ruler.
Old 2014-09-06, 23:37   Link #667
Thess

Quote:
Agreed.

It certainly seems like Rayregalia hasn't been a very good leader for his people. While Asseylum's heart appears to be in a much better place relative to her grandfather, I think the well has been so poisoned by this particular royal family that it's probably necessary to transition to a truly new government with little connection to the previous one.

Once the war has sorted itself out, perhaps Asseylum should officially step down from the throne, and take up a purely diplomatic role. That clearly seems to be where her passions lie, anyway. Moreso there than being a de facto ruler.
The symbol Asseylum represents is poisoned because she's connected to the throne and to Aldnoah. Martians should move back to Earth. They can't live there anymore.

Old 2014-09-06, 23:45   Link #668
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
The symbol Asseylum represents is poisoned because she's connected to the throne and to Aldnoah. Martians should move back to Earth. They can't live there anymore.
I definitely think that would be for the best. The colonization of Mars has been a complete and utter disaster, for both the Martians and the rest of humanity back on Earth. I mean, in the universe of Aldnoah.Zero, the colonization of Mars will likely go down as the biggest mistake in all of human history, that's how huge a disaster it's been. Just ending the Mars colony for good, by having Martians return/resettle on Earth, would be the most pragmatic way to go, for sure.

It just occurs to me how counter-conventional this anime is when it comes to "pioneering explorers/settlers" in sci-fi. This sort of thing is usually put in a very glamorous light in sci-fi - Humans moving to Mars! Humans resettling new planets, and colonizing space! This is usually presented as great achievements in sci-fi. Here in this show, it has been a total nightmare. An interesting counterpoint to the more commonplace and optimistic vision.
Old 2014-09-06, 23:58   Link #669
Irenesharda

Quote:
But he was mistreated because he was from Earth, you know. He had no idea about the feudal system. He lived with Asseylum and then in Cruhteo's orbital castle to know this. His ignorance is so important that is in his ArchiveZ profile. I frankly doubt it was added there before this came up as a plot point out of random, it's because he's going to do something about it.
But wouldn't he have lived with his father at some point? Did his father live in the palace too? And would this mean that Slaine never went outside and thus never experienced the rest of Vers? I can understand Asseylum, since everyone would have worshiped her and she had servants to go do everything for her. But wouldn't Slaine have had to do his own stuff and get his own things? At least while his father was alive?

Quote:
He'll see her without she seeing him and leave.
This guy has been looking for and worried over Asseylum since the end of episode one. I can't see them having this huge battle, him knowing that Saazbaum is keen on killing her, and him not at least going to find her to make sure she's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
It could be the reason Slaine never saw how crappy the Vers system was was because he of the abuse he got for being a Terrian. Slaine seems to live in that castle in Cruehto and the Knights have for the most part been living in luxury while several of the citizens are living in poor conditions and we don't know how long he has been living in that castle so it's possible that at that point he started to paint the picture in his head that all martians must have nice conditions and turned a blind eye to the system. The only reason Saazbaum seems to have realized how messed up the system is was because he lost someone he loved to it. The other knights haven't which causes them to continue turning a blind eye to the system's flaws. Slaine most likely rationalized any bad treatment directed towards him as the result of him being a Terrian.

Also Slaine might know that abuse is wrong but he is in no position to fight back or even talk back to them.
Even in a castle, Slaine should know the presence of a class feudal system going on among the men in the castle. I wouldn't really call his life one of luxury. However, you might be right in that he doesn't realize because he just didn't realize that the Martians treated their lower classes that badly. He seems to know the machinations of the higher classes, but he's probably never hung around the lower classes as much since the higher and lower classes are probably kept separate. So, that could be a possible answer.

Also, you're right about Saaz. Before Orlane's death he seemed to be as into the whole "Humans are the enemy and are inferior and we must take all their stuff" just as much as everyone else. It was only after her death that he reduced that stance to just "we must take all their stuff".

Quote:
When you're the victim of severe and seemingly continuous discrimination, as Slaine was, it can be difficult to see pass that to more wide-spread problems throughout society as a whole. People will naturally care most about the problems that hit closest to home, so I can see Slaine not noticing the wider problems with the feudal system because he's so caught up in having to deal with the over-the-top bigotry against terrans.

That's true, if he's only trying to protect himself and keep his head down and protect himself, he really doesn't have time to notice all the injustice going on around him. He's busy dealing with his own.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-06, 23:59   Link #670
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Going back to Earth? Sure, tell that to billion of Terran that they slaughtered and the Mother Earth that they fucked like some unclear weapon testing site. Sorry but if Terran forgive Martians for their crimes and actually let them resettle, Terran deserved to be extinct. PERIOD.

If Terran is gonna be extinct no matter what, they better detonated all their unclear missiles on the Earth and give a radioactive Earth as a middle finger to the Martians.

Also I want to see some nukes or colonies or just something dropped on the Vers. Which causes mass genocidal and the Martians be screaming in horror. I don't care how but just someone, if Asseylum want to interfere then kill her. Including any Terran's traitors who want peace with the Vers, it's either Martians all dead or Terran all dead.

Honesty that still doesn't appeased me...
Old 2014-09-07, 00:02   Link #671
Thess

Quote:
It just occurs to me how counter-conventional this anime is when it comes to "pioneering explorers/settlers" in sci-fi. This sort of thing is usually put in a very glamorous light in sci-fi - Humans moving to Mars! Humans resettling new planets, and colonizing space! This is usually presented as great achievements in sci-fi. Here in this show, it has been a total nightmare. An interesting counterpoint to the more commonplace and optimistic vision.
It happened in Trinity Blood, complete with war and racism from both sides in the backstory.

Quote:
Even in a castle, Slaine should know the presence of a class feudal system going on among the men in the castle. I wouldn't really call his life one of luxury. However, you might be right in that he doesn't realize because he just didn't realize that the Martians treated their lower classes that badly. He seems to know the machinations of the higher classes, but he's probably never hung around the lower classes as much since the higher and lower classes are probably kept separate. So, that could be a possible answer.
Barely anyone spoke to him because he was a Terran. Vlad kind of did but he immediately told him off.

Doctor Troyard definitely worked in a castle. Since he wanted to investigate Aldnoah and Slaine was in the palace with Asseylum in the flashback. When he went to live to Cruhteo's castle, he was in space to know about the common folk in Mars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Going back to Earth? Sure, tell that to billion of Terran that they slaughtered and the Mother Earth that they fucked like some unclear weapon testing site. Sorry but if Terran forgive Martians for their crimes and actually let them resettle, Terran deserved to be extinct. PERIOD.
What to innocent lives and children in Mars have to do with them?

Old 2014-09-07, 00:11   Link #672
Irenesharda

Quote:
I think that would be for the best too, especially since Terrans have pretty much been killed off to the point of being endangered now. (How the heck do you kill off 3 billion in only a few days? Come on Martians! )
On a cold and tragic note, there is plenty of room now.

However, considering how proud and nonsensical Martians have become, would they even do it? Saazbaum seems to be a rare breed of Martian that even realizes something is wrong. Most Martians, even the commoners are so hooked into this feudal system that they are dependent on it and think it's how things should be done.

It would actually take some time to change a governmental system and society that's become like that. It would take years of changes over time. Also, I think the monarchy should stay in tact at least for a time until you can change over the government. Like I said, for her to suddenly just stop the monarchy would simply just cause a power grab among the nobles and the commoners revolting and then you would just have anarchy.

You want revolution, but it has to be organized and done in the right way, or you just end up having a "reign of terror" and even worse situation than the one you started off with.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-07, 00:18   Link #673
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

If Terran is gonna be extinct no matter what, they better detonated all their unclear missiles on the Earth and give a radioactive Earth as a middle finger to the Martians.

Also I want to see some nukes or colonies or just something dropped on the Vers. Which causes mass genocidal and the Martians be screaming in horror. I don't care how but just someone, if Asseylum want to interfere then kill her. Including anyone Terran's traitors who want peace with the Vers, it's either Martians all dead or Terran all dead.

The Martian Knights should all be charged with war crimes, and those who don't die in battle, should be executed. I don't have a particularly strong stand on capital punishment in general, but I think it's a fitting penalty for war criminality on this level. I mean, it's hard to justify anything more merciful.

I'd also shed no tears if Mars was blown to smithereens.

But I think this anime is taking a very dim view on revenge, and that it's no coincidence that our main antagonist is so revenge-oriented. Rayet being much the same way just completely hammers the point home. So for thematic reasons, I doubt we'll get one side completely killing off the other.
Old 2014-09-07, 00:19   Link #674
Thess

Quote:
I think that would be for the best too, especially since Terrans have pretty much been killed off to the point of being endangered now. (How the heck do you kill off 3 billion in only a few days? Come on Martians! )
Were they really 3 billions? I thought the numbers dropped like crazy after Heavens Fall.

Quote:
However, considering how proud and nonsensical Martians have become, would they even do it? Saazbaum seems to be a rare breed of Martian that even realizes something is wrong. Most Martians, even the commoners are so hooked into this feudal system that they are dependent on it and think it's how things should be done.
That's why Slaine's the hero of the Mars side. He'll be the one who will persuade them to come and save them somehow, despite being a Earthling.

Quote:
You want revolution, but it has to be organized and done in the right way, or you just end up having a "reign of terror" and even worse situation than the one you started off with.
The death of the emperor and never finding out Asseylum lives will do for that system to crumble.

Old 2014-09-07, 00:20   Link #675
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
What to innocent lives and children in Mars have to do with them?
What about the innocents lives and children of the Earth? All Martians deserved to be wiped out, thankfully though this isn't Gundam, with the people who involved in this anime we'll definitely see some Martians being vaporized alive or Versian's cities being nuked to oblivion.
Old 2014-09-07, 00:22   Link #676
Irenesharda

Quote:
Barely anyone spoke to him because he was a Terran. Vlad kind of did but he immediately told him off.

Doctor Troyard definitely worked in a castle. Since he wanted to investigate Aldnoah and Slaine was in the palace with Asseylum in the flashback. When he went to live to Cruhteo's castle, he was in space to know about the common folk in Mars.
\
What flashback? He's only had two flashbacks, one in which the two first met, and the second was when he was showing her the birds and that was right before she made this trip to Earth, so only 4 or 5 months ago, which was after his father died. So, he would have actually have been living with Cruhteo at that point. Cruhteo probably came to get her and stayed a week or so to rest and resupply before taking her to Earth. Slaine and the princess probably caught up then.

However, I could also buy that perhaps his father did live in the palace for a time as guests. Which I guess is the only way he would get to know the princess anyway.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-07, 00:23   Link #677
Thess

Quote:
What about the innocents lives and children of the Earth? All Martians deserved to be wiped out, thankfully though this isn't Gundam, with the people who involved in this anime we'll definitely see some Martians being vaporized alive or Versian's cities being nuked to oblivion.
Yeahhh, don't count on it. Slaine is going to save them. He's basically set up for the role since I got my ArchiveZ.

Still, it's pretty damn stupid the hero of Mars is an Earthling. Come on.

Old 2014-09-07, 00:27   Link #678
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Also I want to see some nukes or colonies or just something dropped on the Vers. Which causes mass genocidal and the Martians be screaming in horror. I don't care how but just someone, if Asseylum want to interfere then kill her. Including any Terran's traitors who want peace with the Vers, it's either Martians all dead or Terran all dead.

This is a huge problem with the Martians move back to earth scenario. After what happened there is going to be a lot of animosity. They basically took about a few billion people and drove them to the point that if one certain base falls then the Terrians are as good as extinct. No way there is going to be a peaceful reception.

Not to mention most Martians don't even see a problem and their pride would almost never let them accept just going back to Earth. The Martians have made it clear they want to comeback as conquerors not as refugees or even citizens.

I also support the make Earth radioactive strategy. That makes me wonder though has the Earth even used any nukes against any of the Martians. If they did they had to take out at least a few Martians Mechs.
Old 2014-09-07, 00:30   Link #679
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Yeahhh, don't count on it. Slaine is going to save them. He's basically set up for the role since I got my ArchiveZ.

Still, it's pretty damn stupid the hero of Mars is an Earthling. Come on.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum"

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall."

There will be justice and result of that justice is probably something very horrible.
But I cared not about the heavens fall, just as long as justice is done.

Even if it mean Earth got blow into pieces, it fine as long as Mars is too along with its population.
Old 2014-09-07, 00:32   Link #680
Thess

Quote:
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum"

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall."

There will be justice and result of that justice is probably something very horrible.
But I cared not about the heavens fall, just as long as justice is served.

Even if it mean Earth got blow into pieces, it fine as long as Mars is too along with its population.
That quote isn't what you think it means...

Closed Thread