Notices

Old 2017-02-20, 16:24   Link #661
Bgunit

Say guys here's episode 46 title:

Spoiler for episode title:
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 17:37   Link #662
darkone45

I thank we already knew the title, its the summery we don't know.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 18:19   Link #663
Bgunit

Oh so you think it will be about Julia?
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 23:51   Link #664
Irenesharda

I'm not sure. It really depends on how long they want this battle to go on. I'm guessing that episode 46's title applies to everyone. "For Whom?" For whom was this all for? Where did all this lead us?

We can already guess that there will supposedly be some big losses. (I say supposedly since episode 23 and 24 had about as much doom and gloom and foreboding as this did with Tekkadan against immeasurable odds, and yet there were really no major deaths at all) So, we'll have to see how much this victory will stack up in the end, if it is indeed it's a victory at all.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 23:56   Link #665
Skaddix

Seems a reference to "For Whom The Bell Tolls, It Tolls For Thee."

So expect people to die. The bigger issue is our Rebellion has More Ace Pilots so not everyone can go down 1 v 1.

But it could also be "For Whom Do We Fight"
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 00:32   Link #666
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'll be surprised if Akihiro survives, given all the crap he's been through. I figure his death will result from him saving someone else. Isurugi's also probably expendable. Shino might survive but I don't see him coming out unscathed. Hush I think will make it through. Chad, Dante, and Ride? Not as likely.

Those are my speculations on the coming slaughter.
Old 2017-02-21, 00:36   Link #667
Skaddix

I think you need at least two OG Tekkadan Members Alive at the end. Hush doesn't count. Orga and Akhiro as the last two would be interesting. Hush and Atra probably live.

Dansliefs change the game because now flagships can actually go down so being on the ship doesn't keep you safe.
Old 2017-02-21, 00:40   Link #668
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I suspect that if the ships come under fire, Nadi and Eugene won't make it.
Old 2017-02-21, 00:55   Link #669
Skaddix

Well Piloting Ships takes a toll and Eugene is plugged in so that ups the danger factor for him.

Ship wise I think Orga and Atra are save.

The reason Orga and Akhiro living is most interesting is because they have the most regrets so to speak. Orga made the calls and Akhiro probably wishes he spent more time with his brother, his adopted brother and Lafter and actually talked more.

Atra having the baby makes her safe.
Orga....cant really die until after Mika dies. Because Mika will not let him take an unnecessary risk.
Old 2017-02-21, 02:48   Link #670
Irenesharda

I'm going to think there might be a lot of deaths, but I also don't think it's going to be a slaughter either.

I'm actually not even sure about the "lot of deaths" part, I mean, like I said, we supposed a huge amount of deaths during the set up to the season finale of the first season too, and that didn't result in many.

Also, deaths from our main Tekkadan group have been very few. In fact, from only the original group? It's really been only Biscuit, and this is around the same point as the series was when Biscuit died last season.

I'm actually going to be the different one here and say that we're actually only going to get maybe one or two Tekkadan OG members dying. That being either Shino or Eugene with my biggest bet being on Shino.

Each member of Tekkadan has been so close to us, you really only need one death to hit us very hard.

And Okada likes drama, but she's not a "kill em' all" type like old school Tomino or the Urobutcher. She likes to play in the aftermath. And to do that, there have to be people left to do the aftermath with.

As for Macky's troops? Well, I'm actually wondering if McGillis himself will actually die here? That speech to Almiria seems slightly like a goodbye promise. And will Gaelio let him walk away here?
And what drama would that create...the key to basically everyone's future dying suddenly? I'd be up for it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-21, 03:17   Link #671
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

I think Akihiro lives and Shino dies. Shino dies because I think they can afford to kill him storywise as he doesn't have much connection with those living, and while the same can be said for Akihiro, I think he survives so that he can live for all those that have died already.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 03:22   Link #672
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post

So expect people to die. The bigger issue is our Rebellion has More Ace Pilots so not everyone can go down 1 v 1.

But it could also be "For Whom Do We Fight"
"taga tame" is very bookish, the primary use of it I uncountered was in conjunction with both fighting and death, like for whom am I dying in this battle. It doesn't help that the word for "falling/dying" usually to be used in this phrase is "chiru" which also refers to flower petals falling away as a flower wilts. Orga used the same word when first defining Tekkadan to Kudelia all the way at the beginning, "kesshite chiranai tetsu no hana da" (iron flower that never wilts). So yeah, expect some iron flowers to very much wilt before our eyes, Shino and Eugene having the highest chances, being marked as expendable in s1 (Shino) or originally would-be-traitor (Eugene). Atra is safe, I have no doubt about it, even with some ships going down via Dainsleifs. Yukinojou... don't see him dying for some reason. Maybe because it won't be impactful enough?

Quote:
Orga....cant really die until after Mika dies. Because Mika will not let him take an unnecessary risk.
You know, I just remembered what Orga said in episode 1 of s2, that he can't run away as long as Mika exists. So... maybe we'll see Orga finally taking the turn tail option when Mika dies. Though it can't happen in this battle, I guess, too many episodes to go for that.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 04:20   Link #673
Irenesharda

Quote:

So expect people to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
"taga tame" is very bookish, the primary use of it I uncountered was in conjunction with both fighting and death, like for whom am I dying in this battle. It doesn't help that the word for "falling/dying" usually to be used in this phrase is "chiru" which also refers to flower petals falling away as a flower wilts. Orga used the same word when first defining Tekkadan to Kudelia all the way at the beginning, "kesshite chiranai tetsu no hana da" (iron flower that never wilts).
It does indeed use the same characters as the Japanese translation of the title of the famous Hemingway book.
I'm going to guess it's the same in their version of the poem as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-21, 07:21   Link #674
tdx

Regarding the casualty list, my worst fear atm is that Iok is somehow rehabilitated. It would be too much after what he's done... no matter how much he repents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It does indeed use the same characters as the Japanese translation of the title of the famous Hemingway book.
I'm going to guess it's the same in their version of the poem as well.
Yes, the phrase is used for translating that book's title, but it's not where it originates from obviously, it's an archaic set phrase much much older than Hemingway, that's why it's read differently (誰 is normally read "dare" in the modern language; it's from the same category as 我 "ware")
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 22:14   Link #675
Skaddix

Yeah the Phrase is pretty old origin unclear although at least as far back as 1624.

Though Funeral Bells tolling or something similar to them tolling is a fairly common practice.
Old 2017-02-22, 05:12   Link #676
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, I suspect that if the ships come under fire, Nadi and Eugene won't make it.
from the PV it also looks like Hush and Dane are gonna die and zack is trying to stop them like his going to say HOW CAN YOU TWO THROW YOUR LIVES SO EASILY DON"T YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU ?!! but from his point of view its understandable, unlike Hush and dane, Zack didn't really have anyone from the old guard to hang out with so him acting this way makes sense right ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 06:25   Link #677
Knight_SV

kimaris vidar have fearsome armaments stored. i hope bael does have some special feature or some special system that just belongs to it so it can match kimaris vidar's fearsome armaments
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 10:04   Link #678
The 48th Ronin

Gaelio x Julietta ship confirmed (?)

Fuck, Tekkadan got a Dainsleif. A major battleship is gonna go down probably.

Wow, Rustal's words are on point. He would actually make more sense to be a revolutionary than McG. Maybe he just decided to stick with the old guards and pin his hopes on the next generation of Gjallarhorn leaders (Gaelio?).
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 19:27   Link #679
Irenesharda

Supposedly, there may be a pretty big twist coming up if I've understood my information right

I'll let someone else translate, but like we've all been thinking, this battle coming up is not going to go as planned.

Spoiler for interesting tidbit:

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-23, 19:40   Link #680
DMurphy

My written Japanese is, as kids these days would say, piss-poor, but I can see something about there 'still being a long way to go' and 'there will be pitfalls as things unfold/pitfalls in the unfolding.' People who are more competent than me, please advise.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote