AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-28, 15:06   Link #661
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Partial review of episode 4 and thoughts on it. Not in chronological order, but in order of personal preference (Hiromi-Noe-Aiko).
Spoiler:

This series is getting even better. I hope there's no dropoff in enjoyability later.

Episode 5 preview thoughts
Spoiler:

Definitely my favorite new show in a while. This is the only one where I actually bother to watch two fansub versions so I don't miss out because of possible minor translation errors. Watching the same scenes a second time also allow me to take in some things I might have missed or did'nt quite connect the first time through.

I like your post and pretty much agree with it. I too favor Hiromi-chan and hopefully she is'nt Shinichiro's half sister. Let's hope Shin's mother was just jealous of Hiromi's mother and is still bitter so she's taking it out on Hiromi.

Likely scenarios (other than "bad ending")

1) That Shin's mother was in love with Hiromi's father and is bitter at Hiromi's mother for getting him.
2) Another good scenario is that Shin's father was in love in Hiromi's mother but it was unrequited love. Meaning Shin's father "settled" for Shin's mother. Oh yeah I can picture that being the second choice would make her feel bitter especially if she felt that Shin's father still harbored feelings for Hiromi's mother long after they were married.
3) Third possibility is that Shin's father did have an affair with Hiromi's mother but after Hiromi was born so Hiromi is still not his child.

The second and third possibilities could explain why Shinichiro's father seems somewhat distant toward his family, especially his wife.

I would feel awful for Shinichiro and Hiromi if they were revealed as being related. But then that would mean I could take Hiromi-chan. Just kidding.

Last edited by jaisrh; 2008-01-28 at 15:18.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:08   Link #662
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
this show needs its own subforum

it deserves it more than spice and wolf imo
(completely off topic)
Series get subforums based on volumes and density of post traffic, not on some subjective quality assessment of the show. Because of the work involved, mods are very conservative about it and I don't blame them. There have been many very high quality shows that never got a subforum.

I think True Tears is turning into quite a great little series ... but at less than a thousand posts, its unlikely. And pointless posts only incur the Wrath of the Mods
Old 2008-01-28, 15:09   Link #663
DanielSong39

No one's doubting that Hiromi likes Shin; the question is whether she can move on. And I think she can. First love is not set in stone and the vast majority of the population learn to get past it. In addition, people very seldom find their life partner so early in life - as adolescent relationships almost invariably turn into bittersweet memories.

I think #4 and #6 can get along very well and it would be refreshing to see Hiromi pursue a new path. Doubly so if Hiromi turns out to be blood-related to Shin. Could we see a double-date in the future? It would make for some interesting dynamics.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:14   Link #664
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

A few observations, everything has been said but I will give my two cents anyway.

1)The Helmet scene was extremely suspicious.Siscon might be too strong, but there's definitely something fishy in that scene.
2)We know at least that Shin's mother didn't like Hiromi's mother.There was probably a rivalry and perhaps even an affair.
3)Shin's father was weird as usual.There's definitely something odd about him and this episode confirms it.
4)I am convinced that hiromi made up the story about number 4 in order to avoid unnecessary questions.

An excellent ep, I love this show.
Old 2008-01-28, 15:24   Link #665
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
this show needs its own subforum

it deserves it more than spice and wolf imo
The amount of post will determine that. They are both popular series but imo right now True Tears is a bit lacking when compared to Spice and Wolf. The mods are pretty good about monitoring what should and shouldnt get its own forum. But hey nothing wrong with expressing your opinion even if i dont agree with you.
Old 2008-01-28, 15:41   Link #666
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Please bring the discussion back to the series. As far as a subforum is concerned, let's just say we're well aware of the situation (of all the situations actually) and so there's no need to worry.
Old 2008-01-28, 15:58   Link #667
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I think #4 and #6 can get along very well and it would be refreshing to see Hiromi pursue a new path. Doubly so if Hiromi turns out to be blood-related to Shin. Could we see a double-date in the future? It would make for some interesting dynamics.
Wow good point there i dont think i can remember a series where something like that has happen. A double dating situation where both parties are related to the other is someway would be most interesting, but man if that happen i could smell the adultery a mile away
Old 2008-01-28, 16:26   Link #668
nanaman
Musician guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
@ nanaman ~ Took me a while to pick it up as well. The biggest and probably only bad part in the show is the first 3-5 second in the opening. Excuse me but it's fukin' piece of crap. The melody and scene sets your expectations to those of a crappy etcii show where you'd expect to see the characters panties more then her face, and where the male lead is besides a pervert, a molesting piece of idiot shit, which for no reason just exists surrounded by idiots trying to get him the big breasted stupid girl of the show.

First onlookers will likely shift through the scenes thinking they're finding what they be expecting. Worse case: horny/etchii brainless harem show.
Well, just try to imagine. It's very easy to drop this show even if you're the type to like it.

(I dropped it too at first, I just happen to watched the first episode later on because it had good looking animation)
Well I guess I can agree with that more or less cause I hate brainless ecchi series aswell, I wasn't sure neither what to expect of this anime, and really I guess to be honest I didn't like the first episode that very very much, I think the overall depressive kind of feel the first ep had kind of turned me off a bit, however the second episode really turned me in. I usually watch a few eps before I decide to drop an anime, unless it's not utter crap from the beginning.

I can't decide on yet what I think the feelings Isurugi-san holds for his sister. I just can't think of it as a simple sibling love kind of thing as he stopped putting on her helmet just to stroke her cheek, but we can't really know at this time. Him telling Shin to go out with Noe was a very interesting/unusual thing to do though in case of him having feelings for his sister himself. If he were overprotective and wanted her for himself he wouldn't have done such a thing so it kind of rules out the "forbidden love" scenario, but who knows really? Still too early to say, we'll just have to wait for the next episode.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 16:33   Link #669
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Wow good point there i dont think i can remember a series where something like that has happen. A double dating situation where both parties are related to the other is someway would be most interesting, but man if that happen i could smell the adultery a mile away
Man, the adultery would be even worse in this case as it would result in double incest... and history would repeat itself, considering what happened between Shin's parents and Hiromi's parents under this scenario...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 16:36   Link #670
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post

Since Ai won't act becaus eof seeing Noe and the friend (forgets name) is there even though she probably will break it off before the end. Unless something drastic happens.
the friend is Nobuse, and I think the only way Aiko has a chance is to break with Nobuse and if that doesn't happen it is pretty much over for Aiko. there is still 8-9 episodes (depending if it is 12 or 13 episods) to go. So much has happened in only 4 episodes. I am fastening myself to my seat, it is going to be 8 very emotional weeks.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 16:55   Link #671
ThoHell

It's going to be 13 episode so you're going to need to fasten your seat belt for 9 more weaks! But that's not a big deal, the show is damn enjoyable!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:44   Link #672
Kaiji

First off, wow, ep 4 totally reminded me how amazing the musical score is for this anime. i love it.

That said, did anyone else get the impression that Shin was getting over (or pondering getting over) Hirmoi...until the bathroom scene with the face wash??
Kaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:56   Link #673
nanaman
Musician guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiji View Post
First off, wow, ep 4 totally reminded me how amazing the musical score is for this anime. i love it.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to bring this up. I think so as well From a musicians perspective I have to say it's very well made stuff, but I guess you really don't have to be a musician to hear that I'm so getting the OST when it comes out.
nanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 18:10   Link #674
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

There sure have been quite a few shows with nice music this season. My heart's set on GunslingerGirl's opening.
Old 2008-01-28, 18:12   Link #675
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
There sure have been quite a few shows with nice music this season. My heart's set on GunslingerGirl's opening.
well, beside the music not much can really make shows that are using the formula that true tears is using, to make the show shine they use music. It is a formula over used so they have to try to pull in the audience with music.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 18:14   Link #676
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

"Music to sue the savage beast." ~ ehh
Old 2008-01-28, 19:23   Link #677
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't know... it seems to me to be pretty clear that all three girls have the hots for Shin at various levels, so it really is just a love square in disguise; in fact it's probably not disguised at all.

Also, I know there's a debate and nothing's been said conclusively, but I didn't doubt for a moment that Hiromi likes Shin. Why are people getting the impression that she likes "Number 4," like, seriously? I mean, this is anime romance. The signs are pretty easy to read, really, and all signs point towards her lovin' on the osananajimi boy. After we're treated with cold Hiromi in episode 1, the show's been nothing but Hiromi opening up; her jealousy at Noe is well portrayed; the "revelation" about "Number 4" was obviously a lie; the reaction after at the end of episode 3 a far more dramatic scene (why would *she* look positively shocked when she saw Shin right after if she doesn't care what he thinks about her romantically?); in episode 4, after briefly "expanding" on that lie in a very dry and fake manner, she proceeded to try to apologize to him all episode, and was near tears when Shin returned the favor. All in four episodes. IMO, it doesn't get more obvious than that [well, actually, it does, but True Tears seems like a far more subdued show than the rest of the lot in everything so...].
Yes, as much I would have loved this not to be the case, it seems very obvious Hiromi has romantic feelings for Shin. The camera didn't "dare" to show her face from up front when she explained why she liked number four, rather clear sign that she was lying or at least not saing the whole truth. And all those awkward moments with Shin in the house cannot be all coincidences or explained in a different way, IMO. Well, maybe they can but considering the genre of the series, I don't think so.

I really could do without all the incest hints in the show, though. Or without Noe.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 19:42   Link #678
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Boy, I really didn't see the helmet scene the way the more ecchi posters did. I mean - sure, it crossed my mind, but I think it's either a total misread of the moment or a head-fake by the writers. Time shall, as is it's wont, reveal all...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 19:47   Link #679
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I didn't expect to love True Tears since it's one of the series which I didn't anticipate too much before the winter season started xD

Now I'm pretty hooked. Among the three girls I like Noe the best (as long as she doesn't talk about chickens . . . it drives me crazy x_x reminds me of Nagisa from CLANNAD's pango/dango/whatever for some reason). As for the guys, I like Shinichiro's best friend coz he's fun But the one I like best so far is Jun *_* He's sooooo damn cute xD

Spoiler:
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 20:01   Link #680
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

New sig.

Free to use.

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life