AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-16, 03:18   Link #661
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Spoiler:

Of course, we can't fully blame Makoto. In some scenarios, Kotonoha is at as much to blame (can you see I already don't like Kotonoha very much?)
*Maniacal laughter*. Agreed. Then again, I never really liked Kotonoha. Her last name (Katsura) is easier to say...

Spoiler for Game:

Did School Days have an Omake? (My menu says start, load, replay, and exit). Replay allows you to see the loaded data from the beginning.
Summer Days had an Omake for seeing the scenes though.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 03:35   Link #662
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
But when I said that, I said that is just me. To me, if none die it is a happy ending. And since this is based on a real life situation(No monsters, mechs, etc), I do make the speculation that life goes on after the show ends. But again, as I said, it is just my opinion.
which is what is probably going to happen in the end, while we will get the full package of despair, depression and emoness a death scene is highly unlikely unfortunatly (though! i am still holding hope on my part *starts praying* )
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*Maniacal laughter*. Agreed. Then again, I never really liked Kotonoha. Her last name (Katsura) is easier to say...

Spoiler for Game:
oh yea...my friend has been telling me about how...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 05:45   Link #663
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Did School Days have an Omake? (My menu says start, load, replay, and exit). Replay allows you to see the loaded data from the beginning.
Summer Days had an Omake for seeing the scenes though.
No, but most games do and that's what I was referencing. For Summer Days, what I'm interested in is that little Flash game of Kotonoha vs. Sekai I've been hearing about.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 07:47   Link #664
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
No, but most games do and that's what I was referencing. For Summer Days, what I'm interested in is that little Flash game of Kotonoha vs. Sekai I've been hearing about.
a flash game of Kotonoha vs Sekai, is that supposed to be fighting
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 08:49   Link #665
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
which is what is probably going to happen in the end, while we will get the full package of despair, depression and emoness a death scene is highly unlikely unfortunatly (though! i am still holding hope on my part *starts praying* )]
Just want to see the blood, eh?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 09:01   Link #666
Windspirit

Well, what else do you want from this anime ?

This first episode... kinda... sucked ?

I mean... It's basically the typical love story between teenagers. Nothing original, nothing supernatural, nothing really exciting. What could make this anime good are bloodbaths, chainsaw massacres, bloodbaths, stabbing, bloodbaths, and... bloodbaths !
Windspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 09:33   Link #667
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
a flash game of Kotonoha vs Sekai, is that supposed to be fighting
Yeah. Check the Wiki. It is based on that Senketsu no Ketsumatsu (The End with Fresh Blood) ending where Kotonoha goes after Sekai with a saw. Basically, Sekai is armed with a pair of kitchen knives and given a chance to save herself. Sounds cute in the perverse way that makes this game so beloved.
Old 2007-07-16, 09:47   Link #668
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspirit View Post

I mean... It's basically the typical love story between teenagers. Nothing original, nothing supernatural, nothing really exciting. What could make this anime good are bloodbaths, chainsaw massacres, bloodbaths, stabbing, bloodbaths, and... bloodbaths !

Does a kitchen knife and hand saw work?
Old 2007-07-16, 10:01   Link #669
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspirit View Post

Makes me wonder whether you should go watch a horror movie instead This isn't some horror show aiming to make you lose your dinner over the story. This is "a typical love story" that happens to be more than most of these stories, but i don't see what is wrong with a "typical romance show" in the first place. Much like i can't see how simply adding chainsaws, knifes and bloodbaths makes something good by default. And no, it isn't "more interesting" - it is simply different, and depending on ones tastes anything can be found good/boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
which is what is probably going to happen in the end, while we will get the full package of despair, depression and emoness a death scene is highly unlikely unfortunatly (though! i am still holding hope on my part *starts praying* )
I wouldn't hold your breath for a death scene. However, as an epitome of "despair, depression and emoness" i think that
Spoiler for game ending spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
oh yea...my friend has been telling me about how...
Spoiler for Kotonoha:
Spoiler for Kotonoha:

In all honesty i have never liked Sekai that much, and i still find that to be the case. Makoto's and Katsura relationship would have come to an end by the end of ep2, but she just had to open her big trap and start "enlightening" Katsura, all the while having feelings for Makoto herself. They have broken up and , obviously, don't click together ... what are you waiting for?
Attack Chance!
Nayuki: "I have no idea what you are talking about".

Her actions seem a bit contradicting as well. She got to play the stalker in the end of the ep2 and dropped that can to the ground ... Shocked that the two made up? Then why did you try so hard a little while ago to make Katsura reconsider her choice of dumping Makoto? Katsura asked a very good question: "Should i really be dating you, Itou?" ... and she found the right answer. Enter Sekai who stirs up the whole thing again. *sigh*

... Anyways - Setsuna > the rest of the bunch, so there
Old 2007-07-16, 10:07   Link #670
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
Does a kitchen knife and hand saw work?
I think anything that would cause a bloodbath would work
Old 2007-07-16, 10:12   Link #671
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I am still hoping for an anime original ending that has Setsuna and Sekai realize that Makato is an ass so they turn lesbian and date each other.

*Crosses Fingers*
Old 2007-07-16, 10:44   Link #672
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Makoto didn't stray too much from his roots for the manga at least.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 10:58   Link #673
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
I am still hoping for an anime original ending that has Setsuna and Sekai realize that Makato is an ass so they turn lesbian and date each other.

*Crosses Fingers*
I highly doubt that will happen
Old 2007-07-16, 11:03   Link #674
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I know, but I can dream....I can dream.
Old 2007-07-16, 12:27   Link #675
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for Kotonoha:

In all honesty i have never liked Sekai that much, and i still find that to be the case. Makoto's and Katsura relationship would have come to an end by the end of ep2, but she just had to open her big trap and start "enlightening" Katsura, all the while having feelings for Makoto herself. They have broken up and , obviously, don't click together ... what are you waiting for?
Attack Chance!
Nayuki: "I have no idea what you are talking about".

Her actions seem a bit contradicting as well. She got to play the stalker in the end of the ep2 and dropped that can to the ground ... Shocked that the two made up? Then why did you try so hard a little while ago to make Katsura reconsider her choice of dumping Makoto? Katsura asked a very good question: "Should i really be dating you, Itou?" ... and she found the right answer. Enter Sekai who stirs up the whole thing again. *sigh*

... Anyways - Setsuna > the rest of the bunch, so there
How about "mixed feelings", which kind of occur when your altruism causes you to give up what you love. I liked Sekai because of this altruism. It simply wouldn't have been as touching had Sekai not loved Makoto so much.

If Kotonoha doesn't date Itou, I doubt she can find anyone else. You'd think with her looks at least one guy from her own class would have came up by now. Nope. This tells me something.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-16, 12:32   Link #676
RahX

Another example of Katsura's change is...

Spoiler for About Kotonoha:
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 12:48   Link #677
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

*Crosses Fingers*
AMEN to that brother!

I'll jump on that band wagon, nothing like 2 gals getting it ON!
Old 2007-07-16, 13:13   Link #678
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
Another example of Katsura's change is...

Spoiler for About Kotonoha:
Spoiler for Kotonoha:
Old 2007-07-16, 15:36   Link #679
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for Kotonoha:
Spoiler for What skyfall said:

By the way i doubt they will make a anime original ending. Most animes have anime original endings because they are usually based off a manga and the manga has yet to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk
Spoiler:
What you are saying is that Kotonah should just give up on her only chance at love just cause Sekai helped her get there? Have you heard of the saying that alls fair in love and war, which means just because Sekai helped Kotonah doesn't mean she has any obligation to just "hand makoto over like the Biblical Abraham and hand Makoto over like Issac."

You are expecting that a person who is in love to think logically and just give up the person they like just cause they got him through the other person...

The fact is Sekai didn't have any obligation to help and if she does lend her hand, it should be without any strings attached.. If she did decide to change her mind and get makoto, it would make her previous altruism a big lie.
Old 2007-07-16, 15:58   Link #680
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Spoiler for What skyfall said:
Spoiler for Game spoiler:

Quote:
By the way i doubt they will make a anime original ending. Most animes have anime original endings because they are usually based off a manga and the manga has yet to finish.
i really dunno. i'm currently playing it, but i'm extremely... well, it is hard to not being completely disturbed/sick/repeating *face palms* or cringing comments all over. fortunately, there ARE sweets moments, but various screwings ups which are really hard to apply on an anime.

As far as i could go, the anime is already different : ironically enough, in ep2 to me, makoto looked much more an ass in the anime than in its game counterpart (while it was the opposite in ep1).
We need the ep3 and maybe the 4 to understand how it will go.

but the game is so random (read : almost completely unpredictable) that it is really hard to elaborate 'which end will be used", especially if the studio want to give a fair story for bpth sekai and kotonoha (since their "screentime" are rather completely unabalanced, dependin on the choices)

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere