AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 21:38   Link #6781
Yami no Ou
まおう

that one looks to be ancient his clothing style states so,but oh well maybe he's from a tribe so thats why
Old 2013-05-19, 21:47   Link #6782
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
that one looks to be ancient his clothing style states so,but oh well maybe he's from a tribe so thats why
Just what the world needed: a Campione with no concept of modern human society but now that I think about it, doesnīt really makes much of a diference with the other 7 crazy Kings. Welcome to the insane Club of God-Slayers Devil Kings new one yet to be named.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:52   Link #6783
Ultragunner

It will be funny if this is guy resembles Doni, self-proclaimed best friend no. 2
Old 2013-05-19, 21:53   Link #6784
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Anyone knew his age? He looks pretty much of an adult more than Godou thanks to his scar and long hair...
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:55   Link #6785
kazzuya13

Who knows maybe he will turn out to be a pervert and be jealous of Godou for having a harem of beautiful ladies all the while he has none.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:59   Link #6786
Chris38

Well, the title of the next volume is the 8th Godslayer not the 8th Campione ... now I know that usually the meaning of those two words are the same, but that might be the trap that the author wants us to fall into.

After all, there certainly are heretic gods that fight against their brethren - Verethragna is a pretty good example of that, which technically makes them a godslayer as well.

So, that man might be a similar case ... the new male character is a heretic god that slays other gods ... for fun or some other reason, making him the "8th godslayer" introduced in the series ... but he isn't a Campione ... because he's not "human".

The reason why, I started to think that, is pretty much, caused by the fact that , I don't see any reason, why the author would want to increase the number of Campione that exist in this series - especially since, it would kind of reduce the uniqness of one of Goodou's main protagonist trait in being the newest and youngest Campione - but I do see, a need for Godou to receive a few new authorities... especially after the events of volume 13, and for that to happen ... Godou needs to defeat another God., in a one to one combat, so that he would be capable of getting his authority.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:59   Link #6787
zzhk
Summary Machine

Obviously, one of these guys survived:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 9 Chapter 4
It must have been over five hundred years since the man known as the Messiah had died.

In the land now called Europe, there existed a number of Devil Kings.

A certain [King] commanded equestrian tribes, incessantly invading the territory of other nations.

A certain [King] was a pure berserker. He was surrounded by ferocious barbaric tribes who admired him and became his followers.

A certain [King] was completely devoted to researching magic, hoping to rule over the demonic magi, priests and astrologers who inhabited the filthy alleyways of the imperial capital, Rome.

A certain [King] could not be bothered with such things, choosing instead to wander between nations, displaying mindless valor.

Last of all, a certain [King] had turned the island of Britain into his own hunting grounds.
I leave as a simple exercise to you all to decide which one Uldin might be.

Hint: historically, Uldin was a chieftain of the Huns.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:05   Link #6788
Ultragunner

oh, so he may not be a new Campione but an old one that hasn't been active? So that's why Aisha is involved in this vol....hm....THAT is a nice twist
Old 2013-05-19, 22:06   Link #6789
kazzuya13

It is also possible that not only Aisha survive the king of the end. Maybe there are others.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:20   Link #6790
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It is also possible that not only Aisha survive the king of the end. Maybe there are others.
That would explain his appearance and cloths.
Old 2013-05-19, 22:30   Link #6791
Chris38

True, that's also possible, but it also could mean that we are getting closer to this novel's end, since getting some more info about the King of the End, most likely means that the time, when that fellow would wake up, is getting closer as well.
Old 2013-05-19, 22:36   Link #6792
Fwarlord

If the new guy is an ancient campione, will he take some area one earth as his territory? That will create a conflict between him and current campiones...
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:36   Link #6793
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, the title of the next volume is the 8th Godslayer not the 8th Campione ... now I know that usually the meaning of those two words are the same, but that might be the trap that the author wants us to fall into.

After all, there certainly are heretic gods that fight against their brethren - Verethragna is a pretty good example of that, which technically makes them a godslayer as well.

So, that man might be a similar case ... the new male character is a heretic god that slays other gods ... for fun or some other reason, making him the "8th godslayer" introduced in the series ... but he isn't a Campione ... because he's not "human".

The reason why, I started to think that, is pretty much, caused by the fact that , I don't see any reason, why the author would want to increase the number of Campione that exist in this series - especially since, it would kind of reduce the uniqness of one of Goodou's main protagonist trait in being the newest and youngest Campione - but I do see, a need for Godou to receive a few new authorities... especially after the events of volume 13, and for that to happen ... Godou needs to defeat another God., in a one to one combat, so that he would be capable of getting his authority.
Vol.13's Afterword confirms that it's a Campione.

Quote:
Okay okay.Let's talk a bit about the next volume. After such a long time, I intend to let another Devil King apart from our protagonist enter the stage.

Who will make an appearance, in what kind of manner, to cause what kind of commotion?

If possible, readers, please confirm for yourselves in Volume 14.Actually, wait, I have already decided who is coming out to make a commotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Obviously, one of these guys survived:

I leave as a simple exercise to you all to decide which one Uldin might be.

Hint: historically, Uldin was a chieftain of the Huns.
Oh, that's quite interesting. Leave it to Taketsuki to break out some relatively unknown historical facts.

Come to think of it, didn't Erica once mention that Godou was similar to a nomadic warrior, except he was born in modern times? I guess that's why he has a similar prescence to Godou.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 23:22   Link #6794
OverNOut
The Obsever

If that guy is an old generation Campione then that makes Godou the 8th Campione and not the 7th.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 23:37   Link #6795
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
If that guy is an old generation Campione then that makes Godou the 8th Campione and not the 7th.
That is the thing isn't it. The million dollar answer or in this case the answer for survival for the next round of Devil Kings vs the Strongest Steel.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 23:55   Link #6796
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Speaking of which, all the known campione is only the one that is recorded by Greenwich right? I mean, it's still possible that there are some campiones who's very good at hiding that they hadn't been recorded by them.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 23:56   Link #6797
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
How can they change the location of his resting place if they are already in the astral realm? Furthermore they can't interfere as much as they want when they are in the astral realm. And I believe that is the price for avoiding death. That is also the reason why gods rather die fighting rather than just be a spectator.
Try reading V9C6, you'll read the Old One's dialogues there.

You could see there that Susanoo was driven to the Astral Realm because of the King of the End and presumably, the King of the End slept after that fight thus providing the Old One's the opportunity to hide his whereabouts.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:08   Link #6798
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
True, that's also possible, but it also could mean that we are getting closer to this novel's end, since getting some more info about the King of the End, most likely means that the time, when that fellow would wake up, is getting closer as well.
Regarding the King of the End, is ist possible that the way he fights non-stop the campiones and kill them one by one is an ability of his? I mean, I get he can kill one or two campiones but all of them is ridiculous, I think the power he uses strips him of his sanity so he grows tire of battles beacuse thatīs really his will but some some sort of battle insanity like a berserker; that would explain why he goes to sleep not wanting to ever wake up again.
Old 2013-05-20, 01:11   Link #6799
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Regarding the King of the End, is ist possible that the way he fights non-stop the campiones and kill them one by one is an ability of his? I mean, I get he can kill one or two campiones but all of them is ridiculous, I think the power he uses strips him of his sanity so he grows tire of battles beacuse thatīs really his will but some some sort of battle insanity like a berserker; that would explain why he goes to sleep not wanting to ever wake up again.
Anything is possible, as long as this "suspected ability" has even the slightest relation to the attribute of steel that the King of the end.

At this point in time, we just don't have enough information to be able to discern ... what kind of abilities he is going to have.

I'm more wondering about ... the kind of excuse that Godou is going to use, to explain another of his long disappearance's from home ... since if this continues ... I fear that the "little sister" is finally going to snap ... and try to do a more through investigation of what her "brother" is actually doing ... which will ... eventually cause her to become involved with the magic world and the other things that are related with that...
Old 2013-05-20, 01:41   Link #6800
Yami no Ou
まおう

so that guy is possibly an ancient Campione who survived the battle with the King of the End huh,seems like an interesting twist but it gives the more reason for the King of the End to awaken due to the increase of known Campiones

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem